• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

how do i accept that ill never be loved?

Far Side Of the Moon

" The moon is high& the stars are aligned" :)
Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
These string of words hive me so much anxiety... Idk what to do..

All guys want is one thing from me that its..im 24 going on 25. Never been on a date or kissed.

I feel like I'm broken or somethings wrong with me...i dont have friends either..im stuck in a situation that seems endless...

I just don't see anything changing but this depression deepens...the hole in my heart does too as my mind withers away and god remains silent..

Idk I feel like he just wants me to just end it...i feel so alone...and by myself its crazy

OutOfPlace_Christian

Jun 4, 2016
South Africa
✟19,936.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I agree with Oliveira1997 on this one <3 And I also know how frustrating it can be when God is silent but find it in your heart to believe He is near and He knows the heart of His daughter :heart::heart::heart: (I'm telling myself that as well):seenoevil:

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,114,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
All guys want is one thing from me that its..im 24 going on 25. Never been on a date or kissed.
You are very young and should be concentrating on getting the best education you can and making a life for yourself, not worrying about men. Put your love and faith in God right now. The more you worry yourself about this the more unattractive you become to yourself, thus to others, men and women alike.
Your value is not gauged by what men see in you. If more young women would understand this, they would be more attractive to good, sincere, intelligent men.
So look in the mirror and start building your own agreeable self-image so that you find yourself attractive, mostly on the inside, and people will be drawn to you. Truly love others, show it, and others will love you.

Set some goals in your life to work towards and a bucket list of things you would like to do.
You have no idea what God has planned for you, so get out and live life and you may be very surprised by what life holds for you.

God Bless you and keep you.

Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,935,868.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Hi Far Side, praying for you!

It's tough to be lonely and single in this world when you want to be married, even for a Christian (of course, we always need to remember how blessed we are in the midst of the struggle, knowing that He causes ALL things to work together for the good of those who are His children :clap: .. Romans 8:28).

I was single until I was 32 years old, so I 'know' what a tough thing it is that you're going through. But as time went by, I unknowingly decided to do something "Biblical" (I highly suspect with the Lord's help .. Proverbs 3:5-6). Instead of continuing to live in my frustration, I decided to trust Him with this aspect of my life, just like I did with all the rest of it when I first became Christian :) IOW, I chose to trust and believe that He knew what was better for me than I did, because up until that point, I was clearly refusing to surrender that particular area of my life to Him.

I told God that I knew He knew what I wanted (to be married .. and I never stopped hoping and praying to be), but I decided to trust Him, EVEN if being married was not His plan for me, because I truly believed, then and now, that He knows what's best for me. I decided to find my contentment in Him, come what may. BTW, this story ended not more than a few months later when I met my wife* :)

*Please understand that while I'm recommending that you do the same thing I did, I'm not telling you that the "results" in your case will be the same, that's up to God (Who knows you and what you need far better than you do yourself :amen:).

The Biblical command is this: "Delight yourself in the Lord". And the wonderful promise that goes along with it is this: "and He will give you the desires of your heart" :) .. Psalm 37:4

Be careful to understand that Psalm 37:4 is not instructing you to try to delight or please God in some manner so that He will give you what you want, rather, it's telling us that we need to find our contentment and joy in Him first, that we need to love and trust Him with our lives and fully believe that He alone knows what's best for us! And when we've truly done that, He will fulfill His promise to us.

God's very first commandment to mankind was to "be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth", so it is not surprising that He still looks very favorably upon marriage for most people ;) But what He seeks to do above all else in the lives of His children is to make us all, each and every day, more and more like His Son (and He will do whatever He deems necessary to make sure that happens .. Philippians 1:6, PTL).

Here are a couple of His other great promises to us that might be helpful for you to remember (Isaiah 40:31; Jeremiah 20:11). Most of all, always remember how much He loves you, cares for you, and wants the best for you, so much so that He chose to die rather than live w/o you :amen:

Yours in Christ,
David

"Seek ye first His kingdom, and His righteousness;
and all these things shall be added unto you"

Matthew 6:33

Last edited:
Upvote 0

OutOfPlace_Christian

Jun 4, 2016
South Africa
✟19,936.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi Far Side, praying for you!

It's tough to be lonely and single in this world when you want to be married, even for a Christian (of course, we always need to remember how blessed we are in the midst of the struggle, knowing that He causes ALL things to work together for the good of those who are His children :clap: .. Romans 8:28).

I was single until I was 32 years old, so I 'know' what a tough thing it is that you're going through. But as time went by, I unknowingly decided to do something "Biblical" (I highly suspect with the Lord's help .. Proverbs 3:5-6). Instead of continuing to live in my frustration, I decided to trust Him with this aspect of my life, just like I did with all the rest of it when I first became Christian :) IOW, I chose to trust and believe that He knew what was better for me than I did, because up until that point, I was clearly refusing to surrender that particular area of my life to Him.

I told God that I knew He knew what I wanted (to be married .. and I never stopped hoping and praying to be), but I decided to trust Him, EVEN if being married was not His plan for me, because I truly believed, then and now, that He knows what's best for me. I decided to find my contentment in Him, come what may. BTW, this story ended not more than a few months later when I met my wife* :)

*Please understand that while I'm recommending that you do the same thing I did, I'm not telling you that the "results" in your case will be the same, that's up to God (Who knows you and what you need far better than you do yourself :amen:).

The Biblical command is this: "Delight yourself in the Lord". And the great promise that goes along with it when you do is this: "He will give you the desires of your heart" :) .. Psalm 37:4

Be careful to understand that Psalm 37:4 is not instructing you to try to delight or please God in some manner so that He will give you what you want, rather, it's telling us that we need to find our contentment and joy in Him first, that we need to love and trust Him with our lives and fully believe that He alone knows what's best for us! And when we've truly done that, He will fulfill His promise to us.

God's very first commandment to mankind was to "be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth", so it is not surprising that He still looks very favorably upon marriage for most people ;) But what He seeks to do above all else in the lives of His children is to make us all, each and every day, more and more like His Son (and He will do whatever He deems necessary to make sure that happens .. Philippians 1:6, PTL).

Here are a couple of His other great promises to us that might be helpful for you to remember (Isaiah 40:31; Jeremiah 20:11). Most of all, always remember how much He loves you, cares for you, and wants the best for you, so much so that He chose to die rather than live w/o you :amen:

Yours in Christ,
David

"Seek ye first His kingdom, and His righteousness;
and all these things shall be added unto you"

Matthew 6:33
That indirectly touched me too because I'm trying to trust God in that area of my life as well. GREAT advice :)

Reactions: St_Worm2
Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,935,868.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
That indirectly touched me too because I'm trying to trust God in that area of my life as well. GREAT advice :)

Hi OutOfPlace, it's easy to give advice, but I know how hard it is to follow, especially when it concerns this all important area of our lives and when you're right in the middle of it. But the wait is worth it (frustrating as it can be sometimes), because the result is you grow in Christlikeness and you end up with the best thing possible for you in the end :oldthumbsup:

One thing I do know is that every time I've had to surrender an area of my life to Him that I had either 1) failed to do to begin with or 2) had taken control of again, I NEVER regretted it :)

I still have a LONG way to go in many areas of my life, but fortunately, He remains patient, loving and kind :amen:

Praying for you too Sister!

God bless you! (Numbers 6:24-26)

Yours and His,
David

Last edited:
Upvote 0

OutOfPlace_Christian

Jun 4, 2016
South Africa
✟19,936.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi OutOfPlace, it's easy to give advice, but I know how hard it is to follow, especially when it concerns this all important area of our lives and when you're right in the middle of it. But the wait is worth it (frustrating as it can be sometimes), because the result is you grow in Christlikeness and you end up with the best thing possible for you in the end :oldthumbsup:

One thing I do know is that every time I've had to surrender an area of my life to Him that I had either 1) failed to do to begin with or 2) had taken control of again, I NEVER regretted it :)

I still have a LONG way to go in many areas of my life, but fortunately, He remains patient, loving and kind :amen:

Praying for you too Sister!

God bless you! (Numbers 6:24-26)

Yours and His,
David
Thank you David. That is very encouraging for me because...well...when everyone around you starts finding love (well...actually it might be more of lust in this generation) I honestly just want to take the reigns and follow the crowd. I'm trying really hard to trust God. I know it will be worth the wait. :):sweatsmile:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LonelyTraveler

almost home.
Mar 16, 2006
✟10,235.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
To be honest, I'm too drunk to read and retain any information covered in previous replies, so I apologize if what I say has already been covered.

But don't do what I'm doing, which is accepting that you'll never be loved. It's one thing to ponder it. And quite another to accept it. One gives hope, one takes it away. I had hope. I proposed to my ex wife at the age of 30. Enjoyed 6 years of marriage the way it should be, hard but leaning on each other. But things change. Now I'm divorced on the backside of 30 when women are either married or bitter. It doesn't matter that all you want to give is love.

So whatever it takes. Counseling, therapy, medication, prayer. Don't let the darkness take over like it has for me.

Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0

lifesprophet

Jun 18, 2016
Melbourne
✟7,664.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private

I feel like I'm broken or somethings wrong with me...i dont have friends either..im stuck in a situation that seems endless...

I just don't see anything changing but this depression deepens...the hole in my heart does too as my mind withers away and god remains silent..

Idk I feel like he just wants me to just end it...i feel so alone...and by myself its crazy
Oh, you can't stop God from talking and does he talk. Every day 24/7 Then he just disappears, but only for a little while (Don't know where his gone, he won't say) just call me if I'm gone long he say's, but I never do.

Oh he's one best friend, mostly in my head until something happens. Like Satan exposing himself to harm me and then God gets me out without a scratch.

Yes God is there and he'll talk to you when you're ready.

Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Admiral of the Fleet/First Sea Lord
Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

I hope you're still on here to read this. As most of my fellow posters have said, you should put your trust in God, not in earthly things. Remember that our life on earth is a test, with the ultimate goal to get to heaven. Ending it prematurely will not get you to that goal, unless God, in His infinite mercy, wills it (of course, nothing happens unless God wills it). You're not broken, I don't think. The world is broken.
May I suggest that, if all that guys want from you is one thing, why not avoid those places where you meet those guys? My advice to younger people is: If you want to find a partner for life, the best place to look is in a place of worship. Not online dating (Christian or otherwise), not in a bar or at a club, not in the grocery store or the yoga class. Go to worship God, ask Him what He wants for you, and then listen. You can also find your friends in fellowship at your place of worship-join a Bible Study for your age group, and get to know people.
I hope this helps you, and I will be praying for you. God bless.

Upvote 0

Far Side Of the Moon

Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I hope you're still on here to read this. As most of my fellow posters have said, you should put your trust in God, not in earthly things. Remember that our life on earth is a test, with the ultimate goal to get to heaven. Ending it prematurely will not get you to that goal, unless God, in His infinite mercy, wills it (of course, nothing happens unless God wills it). You're not broken, I don't think. The world is broken.
May I suggest that, if all that guys want from you is one thing, why not avoid those places where you meet those guys? My advice to younger people is: If you want to find a partner for life, the best place to look is in a place of worship. Not online dating (Christian or otherwise), not in a bar or at a club, not in the grocery store or the yoga class. Go to worship God, ask Him what He wants for you, and then listen. You can also find your friends in fellowship at your place of worship-join a Bible Study for your age group, and get to know people.
I hope this helps you, and I will be praying for you. God bless.
Thanks for the thoughtful response....

But I've currently discovered I have alopecia... And it puts things in perspective...

I much rather have my hair than a bf.

Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Admiral of the Fleet/First Sea Lord
Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Thanks for the thoughtful response....

But I've currently discovered I have alopecia... And it puts things in perspective...

I much rather have my hair than a bf.
It is said that a woman's pride and joy is her hair. I will tell you, with lots of observation, that many women who have very short or no hair at all are very beautiful.
Please try to thank God that you're alive, and live life honoring God by living your life fully.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Far Side Of the Moon

Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
It is said that a woman's pride and joy is her hair. I will tell you, with lots of observation, that many women who have very short or no hair at all are very beautiful.
Please try to thank God that you're alive, and live life honoring God by living your life fully.
I appreciate your optimism..but frankly I'm quite depressed.

Upvote 0