• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Wishing i were special

Macchiato

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Ccccc
✟143,688.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I feel when I meet people I can point out what makes them unique. Me I just feel I'm looked over often, very invisible it's been that way all my life and I'm 32. Don't really have friends and I feel if I were special people would gravitate towards me.

I feel I'm just longing to be special and noticed but i feel like a Grey lump, no different than the average person. Nothing about me makes someone do a double take. To add im also pretty shy, ive gotten better. I just feel i have no special talent. I just feel i have nothing to offer. I try to pursue education to make me more useful ( i have certifcates and a degree-- that I cant use. I feel stuck at dead end jobs and it makes me feel like this is all i can do) This hits hard even more bc after dealing with a guy I was recently seeing he was so amazing. I truly wanted to be like him. He inspired me on every level.. I messed it up though.

And I feel ill never find someone special like that again or someone that amazing won't notice me. Idk I feel be was too good for me anyway ..

I'm working on how I see myself this year and I wrote down affirmations. I'm going to repeat them.

Any advice is also welcomed.

• Prayers
Reactions: DragonFox91

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Do you go to church? I struggle opening up to people too (used to be really really bad but am much better) but it's easier at church b/c you automatically share common beliefs. You're sure to find someone genuine at church who will take an interest in you. It's the House of God! Go to Sunday School after. Go even when you don't want to. Go even if it seems hard. Let me know what you're doing & we can evaluate. We would like to see you do well & don't like to see someone upset because we have been in your spot too.

Upvote 0

sandman

Aug 17, 2003
MI
✟122,067.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Constitution
I feel when I meet people I can point out what makes them unique. Me I just feel I'm looked over often, very invisible it's been that way all my life and I'm 32. Don't really have friends and I feel if I were special people would gravitate towards me.

I feel I'm just longing to be special and noticed but i feel like a Grey lump, no different than the average person. Nothing about me makes someone do a double take. To add im also pretty shy, ive gotten better. I just feel i have no special talent. I just feel i have nothing to offer. I try to pursue education to make me more useful ( i have certifcates and a degree-- that I cant use. I feel stuck at dead end jobs and it makes me feel like this is all i can do) This hits hard even more bc after dealing with a guy I was recently seeing he was so amazing. I truly wanted to be like him. He inspired me on every level.. I messed it up though.

And I feel ill never find someone special like that again or someone that amazing won't notice me. Idk I feel be was too good for me anyway ..

I'm working on how I see myself this year and I wrote down affirmations. I'm going to repeat them.

Do you realize that YOU are the only YOU. ….that alone makes you special

But that is not all………………..not by a long shot!

The person that you are …..has something very special …. actually, it’s priceless!!!

You have the spirit of God within you …You are His dwelling place, a chosen gem polished by God and His Word, and you are absolutely beautiful in His sight.

If you only realized how special you are … You could flip the world right side up.

You don’t need a college degree or a PHD in psychology. You can change peoples lives with the love of God in your heart you can bring them from death unto life from the power of satan to the power of God. You can transform someone from a life of misery to a life of joy, peace, and purpose.
That same spirit of God that is in you, is the same spirit that raised Jesus Christ from the dead.

So yeah …you are special….but someone (probably yourself) has talked you out of it.

It’s time to reclaim the real you and become aware of who you really are in Christ…. God believes in you …you need to believe God ….and in the qualities and abilities that He has given you as His daughter ….A daughter of the most high God.

• Agree
Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I was never good at anything either. I remember in school watching everyone had a talent. Even the middle of the pack people seemed really talented.

I never was. I was the worst of the worst at everything. Not athletic. Not musical. Not the comedian. Not an actor. Not popular. It completely killed my confidence & self-esteem. B/c you need talents to fit in & be accepted. I was the biggest loser.

Then what do you know, those are the same people that get the good jobs, they get the get the nice families, they’re the ones who lead the world & change it.

I heard a sermon recently that called it ‘the problem of righteousness.’ Jesus fixed that problem.

Romans 8: “Who shall bring an accusation against you? It’s God who accuses. Who can condemn you? Jesus was already condemned.”

Read Romans 8 over & over & over. Pray it. Memorize it. Meditate over it. It’s really good. It’s really helpful.

Id say more about Jesus but sandman already answered that part good.

But knowing you’re a child of God thru Jesus is one thing, now you got to let him act. In addition to attending & getting involved in a church which would be helpful for you, you mentioned job situation. Are you applying anywhere? What are your strengths & weaknesses? Is the door on what you’re pursuing really closed, what is the evidence for that? Are there other things you’d be willing to try?

Upvote 0

Macchiato

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Ccccc
✟143,688.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Do you realize that YOU are the only YOU. ….that alone makes you special

But that is not all………………..not by a long shot!

The person that you are …..has something very special …. actually, it’s priceless!!!

You have the spirit of God within you …You are His dwelling place, a chosen gem polished by God and His Word, and you are absolutely beautiful in His sight.

If you only realized how special you are … You could flip the world right side up.

You don’t need a college degree or a PHD in psychology. You can change peoples lives with the love of God in your heart you can bring them from death unto life from the power of satan to the power of God. You can transform someone from a life of misery to a life of joy, peace, and purpose.
That same spirit of God that is in you, is the same spirit that raised Jesus Christ from the dead.

So yeah …you are special….but someone (probably yourself) has talked you out of it.

It’s time to reclaim the real you and become aware of who you really are in Christ…. God believes in you …you need to believe God ….and in the qualities and abilities that He has given you as His daughter ….A daughter of the most high God.
I really wish that made me feel special but God has a lot of daughters I'm one of many and also you can be different in a good or bad way and I feel mine isn't all that great.
Idk I just want to be a phenomenal amazing person that people can't forget but most don't remember me.

Upvote 0

.Mikha'el.

7x13=28
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
May 22, 2004
British Columbia
✟1,007,469.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single

I really can't advise you because I'm in the very same position. But I'll give you some hugs :hug::hug::hug:. I hope you feel better soon. Feel free to message me if you ever need to talk with someone.

Upvote 0

Macchiato

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Ccccc
✟143,688.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I really can't advise you because I'm in the very same position. But I'll give you some hugs :hug::hug::hug:. I hope you feel better soon. Feel free to message me if you ever need to talk with someone.
Definitely thinking of therapy.

• Optimistic
Upvote 0

Paul4JC

the Sun of Righteousness will rise with healing
Apr 5, 2020
California
✟164,554.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Most of the time, I don't feel special either. Many who are surrounded by people are still lonely.

One door closes. God opens another.

David spent many a lonely night, (while being hunted down like an animal, by King Saul and his army) with only the the Lord to look to. The sentiment is revealed in many Psalms. Through the years I've found much encouragement in them. Sometimes we can't change our circumstances, but we can change our response to what's going on, or not. A Psalm a day is of much benefit.

God bless you.

[Psa 73:14-17a NIV] All day long I have been afflicted, and every morning brings new punishments. 15 If I had spoken out like that, I would have betrayed your children. 16 When I tried to understand all this, it troubled me deeply 17 till I entered the sanctuary of God;

Upvote 0

Macchiato

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Ccccc
✟143,688.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Most of the time, I don't feel special either. Many who are surrounded by people are still lonely.

One door closes. God opens another.

David spent many a lonely night, (while being hunted down like an animal, by King Saul and his army) with only the the Lord to look to. The sentiment is revealed in many Psalms. Through the years I've found much encouragement in them. Sometimes we can't change our circumstances, but we can change our response to what's going on, or not. A Psalm a day is of much benefit.

God bless you.

[Psa 73:14-17a NIV] All day long I have been afflicted, and every morning brings new punishments. 15 If I had spoken out like that, I would have betrayed your children. 16 When I tried to understand all this, it troubled me deeply 17 till I entered the sanctuary of God;
This is so true. I'm also dealing with a bit of depression. It comes in waves and I'm just feeling down. Could you all keep me in your prayers please.

Upvote 0