✟16,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

O Jehovah, our Lord, How excellent is thy name in all the earth,

Who hast set thy glory [a]upon the heavens!

Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings hast thou established strength,

Because of thine adversaries,

That thou mightest still the enemy and the avenger.

When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers,

The moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained;

What is man, that thou art mindful of him?

And the son of man, that thou visitest him?

For thou hast made him but little lower than God,

And crownest him with glory and honor.

Thou makest him to have dominion over the works of thy hands;

Thou hast put all things under his feet:

Answering with verses out of context and without the courtesy of an explanation does no good. What are you trying to say???

The world will burn one day under gods wrath... so I do not get what you are trying to say.

Upvote 0

Idromos247

Standing4Jesus247
May 26, 2017
Michigan
✟16,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The point that has been made since the opening post is that God is omnipotent, He is omniscient. Nothing happens without His command. Satan is not allowed to attack Jo
The point that has been made since the opening post is that God is omnipotent, He is omniscient. Nothing happens without His command. Satan is not allowed to attack Job without God's command. The plagues that struck Egypt, the flood at the time of Noah, even the crucifixion of Jesus Christ.

None of ur verses prove that that NOTHING happens without gods command.

God does have a plan and Nothing happens against his will (we agree on that). But we sinned and fell away as a race, and as a result the 2nd Law of thermodynamics, entropy, and chaos became a part of our existance. Our bodies begin to decay and day the day we are born. The moment then you build something it begins to crumble. Things happen and people die as a result of our selfishness and disobedience, but life is not a chess game played by a phsycophathic and diabolical God as you would have us believe.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟214,848.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is earth, not Paradise. We all live in corrupted flesh, and we will all die. God promises suffering and death to all people on this earth, including those who are innocent. All living things on earth eventually die.

In the Heavenly Kingdom that will all change for those who remain faithful now in times of turmoil, temptations and sufferings.

Some die earlier of a number of causes - diseases, accidents, crime, drugs, abuse, and some die much later, but that is not God's fault. What matters is, whatever time we do have, we are responsible to be ready when He comes for us.

Luke 21:34-36 (WEB)
34 “So be careful, or your hearts will be loaded down with carousing, drunkenness, and cares of this life, and that day will come on you suddenly. 35 For it will come like a snare on all those who dwell on the surface of all the earth. 36 Therefore be watchful all the time, praying that you may be counted worthy to escape all these things that will happen, and to stand before the Son of Man.”

Babies are innocent, but like all people, they will die. Some babies never get the opportunity to live a full life on earth, but they also escape the struggles of this life, and are guaranteed a place in God's Heavenly Kingdom, because they are innocent.

Blessings

But isn't it sin that led to corruption of our flesh? If your claim is that we die because of our own sins, and not Adam, then how come babies' flesh is corrupted even though they cannot commit any sins?

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16
Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟895,522.00
Faith
Christian
Paul refutes you in Romans 5.
No he doesn't as someone else has shown here already we aren't responsible for Adam's sin but rather because of it was are born with a sinful nature. You should recall that David knew he would see his son who died at birth in the next life meaning his son wasn't condemned because of Adam.

Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Brother, you are the one who seems to misunderstand the Lord: please consider the following, and see if you can explain it to fit your conceptions of God.

"And he said, Hear thou therefore the word of the Lord: I saw the Lord sitting on his throne, and all the host of heaven standing by him on his right hand and on his left. And the Lord said, Who shall persuade Ahab, that he may go up and fall at Ramoth–gilead? And one said on this manner, and another said on that manner. And there came forth a spirit, and stood before the Lord, and said, I will persuade him. And the Lord said unto him, Wherewith? And he said, I will go forth, and I will be a lying spirit in the mouth of all his prophets. And he said, Thou shalt persuade him, and prevail also: go forth, and do so. Now therefore, behold, the Lord hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of all these thy prophets, and the Lord hath spoken evil concerning thee." --1 Kings 22:19-23
Psalm 5:4 For thou art not a God that hath pleasure in wickedness: neither shall evil dwell with thee.

Ezekiel 18:32 For I have no pleasure in the death of him that dieth, saith the Lord God: wherefore turn yourselves, and live ye.

Ezekiel 33:11 Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord God, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die, O house of Israel?

1 John 1:5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.6 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:

2 Chron. 18 and 1 Kings. 22 – and God trying to persuade Ahab to accept his warnings..

1 Kings 22 below shows that God simply allowed King Ahab to do what he already wanted and had set his mind to – i.e., to listen to his false prophets. King Ahab of Israel twice complained to King Jehoshaphat of Judah that the Lord’s prophet Micaiah never says anything good about him but only speaks calamity. Ahab was not thankful for God’s warning to him which he chose to reject, and he was resentful once Micaiah gave him the word of the Lord. God extended even more patience toward Ahab by having Micaiah tell the king exactly what evil spirits had been doing to plot his downfall, but Ahab rejected this further warning as well. If God’s intent was to command demons to lie and deceive Ahab, why would He bother warning Ahab about it? What would be the point with trying to warn Ahab against the very disaster to which he was trying to entice him?!

When we read only certain phrases in 1 Kings 22 it may sound as though God is the direct causal agent to what happened, but if we are honest and read the whole context we get another picture. Micaiah says to Ahab: “Now therefore behold, the Lord hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of all these thy prophets, and the Lord hath spoken evil concerning thee.” The word for ”evil” in Hebrew may also be translated as disaster or calamity, and it’s not uncommon at all to see God punishing Israel (for their rebellion against him) by causing calamity to happen. This can easily be done by taking away his protective hand over Israel and by doing so allow the enemy to be victorious in their desire to conquer Israel – which their hearts are set upon. God is described by Micaiah as someone who has put a lying spirit in the mouth of the false prophets, while the context shows that God is doing this by permission and not by a commandment, and he even warns Ahab in the process. It’s an idiomatic way of speaking which the entire context of 1 Kings 22 demonstrates. “The Lord hath sent a lying spirit” is a stronger way of including God’s overall power than merely stating “God has allowed a lying spirit”. The lying spirit helps the false prophets to speak lies to Ahab about all that the king himself wants to believe about his future. God is not sending Ahab what He (God) wants but rather what Ahab wants! Certainly a bad choice by Ahab.

Upvote 0

ZNP

Feb 20, 2020
Atlanta
✟54,279.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Answering with verses out of context and without the courtesy of an explanation does no good. What are you trying to say???

The world will burn one day under gods wrath... so I do not get what you are trying to say.
I am saying that God is mindful of man, He crowned Him with glory and honor, He put all things under His feet.

Yes there is sin, there is corruption in the world, but these things are necessary so that those who receive Christ, take up their cross and follow Him could enter into His glory.

Upvote 0

ZNP

Feb 20, 2020
Atlanta
✟54,279.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They did not die having committed a sin against any law, for they knew no law. So they are innocent.
This is an interesting point. And instead of getting into the debate about what caused their death, I'd like to bring it back to this thread and discuss the seeming unrighteousness of it and "How can God allow this".

Most of us would say that if the wages of sin are death, then it is unrighteous for someone who knew no sin, to die (for example these innocent babies). Yet none of us disputes the fact that Jesus, who knew no sin, was made sin for us. This is even worse, not only did He die but He was given the death of a criminal, a sinner. He was held up for ridicule to let everyone know not to imitate Him even though that is precisely what God wants us to do. How could God allow this? Paul even says it was God who made Him to be sin.

This is true, but it is not unrighteous and it is not unloving. On the contrary, if I wish to purchase something there is nothing unrighteous about me paying the purchase price.

20 We are ambassadors therefore on behalf of Christ, as though God were entreating by us: we beseech you on behalf of Christ, be ye reconciled to God. 21 Him who knew no sin he made to be sin on our behalf; that we might become the righteousness of God in him.

The price was paid and it was because the Lord wanted us to become the righteousness of God. He has the right to pay the price and He has the right to value us to that extent.

Upvote 0

ZNP

Feb 20, 2020
Atlanta
✟54,279.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God knew this would happen, but allowed it to happen because God will not sacrifice free will just so no one will fall from grace or disobey Him.
Yes, God created the universe so that man could have free will, and Hitler is evidence that God has given us free will.

However, the horror of the holocaust is part of the universe created by God. The question is how could a loving God, in whom is no darkness, who cannot lie, how could such a God create a universe with Hitler in it? Also, although Hitler is responsible for his actions and his sins, God is also responsible for His actions which include creating a universe that He knew would have the holocaust in it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dave L

Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,110.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No he doesn't as someone else has shown here already we aren't responsible for Adam's sin but rather because of it was are born with a sinful nature. You should recall that David knew he would see his son who died at birth in the next life meaning his son wasn't condemned because of Adam.
Paul says we were made (constituted) sinners.

Upvote 0

Idromos247

Standing4Jesus247
May 26, 2017
Michigan
✟16,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am saying that God is mindful of man, He crowned Him with glory and honor, He put all things under His feet.

Yes there is sin, there is corruption in the world, but these things are necessary so that those who receive Christ, take up their cross and follow Him could enter into His glory.

Never said anything contrary to that. Just that 1. This world is headed for destruction (whole book of revelation). 2. God is not manipulating everything that has or that will happen.

Upvote 0

ZNP

Feb 20, 2020
Atlanta
✟54,279.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Never said anything contrary to that. Just that 1. This world is headed for destruction (whole book of revelation). 2. God is not manipulating everything that has or that will happen.
We have seen the stock market crash, we have seen unemployment skyrocket, we have seen the collapse of the oil market. We have yet to see the impacts on world famine, wars, and if this will precipitate a depression. But what I think is important is to see who purposed this and why.
Isaiah 23:8 Who hath purposed this against Tyre, the bestower of crowns, whose merchants are princes, whose traffickers are the honorable of the earth? 9 Jehovah of hosts hath purposed it, to stain the pride of all glory, to bring into contempt all the honorable of the earth.
The Psalms says that the Kings fear His glory. This is one reason why. When the light of God's glory shines everyone else's shortcomings are revealed.

Upvote 0

ZNP

Feb 20, 2020
Atlanta
✟54,279.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Brother, look him up, and reconsider how you are thinking about God.
Jeremiah 9:23 Thus saith Jehovah, Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom, neither let the mighty man glory in his might, let not the rich man glory in his riches; 24 but let him that glorieth glory in this, that he hath understanding, and knoweth me, that I am Jehovah who exerciseth lovingkindness, justice, and righteousness, in the earth: for in these things I delight, saith Jehovah.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ZNP

Feb 20, 2020
Atlanta
✟54,279.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Truly nothing new under the sun in that question. This is the ultimate in the ancient human practice of squirming .
" I did not cheat on my spouse , God allowed it to happen "
" I did not beat my child , God allowed it happen "
" I did not cheat on my taxes , God did allow it to happen "
" I did not murder , God allowed it happen "
This is child's play .
If you really want to see somebody squirm just take the question on it's face , acknowledge the premise they are trying to foist that God screwed up , but then ask them would they like to see God go ahead correct his mistake and crush, destroy,banish all evil in the world today ?
What a wonderful world it would be after all ?
And then ask them exactly by what method they would like to see God go ahead and destroy all evil in the world ?
Then stand by for some world class squirming .

" Thou shalt break them with a rod iron,
thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potters vessel, "
( Psalm 1:9 )
Do you have a thread where you share your experiences preaching the gospel?

Upvote 0

ZNP

Feb 20, 2020
Atlanta
✟54,279.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The problem is God created everything you see now or in world history knowing it would happen at best. Or causing it to happen as scripture suggests.
Malachi 2:2 If ye will not hear, and if ye will not lay it to heart, to give glory unto my name, saith Jehovah of hosts, then will I send the curse upon you, and I will curse your blessings; yea, I have cursed them already, because ye do not lay it to heart.

Reactions: Dave L
Upvote 0

Dorothy Mae

May 26, 2018
Canton south of Germany
✟75,214.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There have been many different threads which have asked this question about Corona virus. Many of the posters assert that God is the creator of all things (agreed) that He is omnipotent and omniscient (agreed) and that given these criteria coronavirus could not have taken place without His allowing it (agreed). He foresaw it would happen (omniscient), He created it (creator of all things) and He had the power to prevent it (omnipotent). I agree with all of this.

Others, also quoting scriptures point out that God is love (agreed), He is a merciful and good God (agreed), in Him is no darkness (agreed), His thoughts for us are good and not evil (agreed). How do you reconcile these two?

This is commonly known as the problem of evil and is a logical argument used by atheists to deny that God exists. Their argument is that the definition of God is that He is the creator of all things (agreed). Evil exists (agreed). Therefore God created evil (disagree and will explain). There are many ways that Christians try to squirm out of this and they are not scriptural. They make Satan (Lucifer was also created by God) into some kind of powerful being who has the ability to create evil and sin even though he is a created being by God (this does not change the fact that if evil exists, it was part of the creation that God created). For example the Bible says God cannot lie. How then could he create a universe in which there are lies and liars?

Therefore I wanted to open this thread up to Christians so that we could examine the scriptures and understand "How could God allow this to happen?"
I don’t quite understand how people reconcile nothing happening without God agreeing when few people on the planet ASK God if He agrees with what they are about to do. How does this work exactly? The Chinese sell bats in a food market and the creatures are known to carry infections and when an infection is spread to the people there, God was supposed to have given His permission for this. If no one asks God’s permission how is He giving it? What if He told the Chinese no and they did it anyway? That wouldn’t be a first.

Upvote 0

ZNP

Feb 20, 2020
Atlanta
✟54,279.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don’t quite understand how people reconcile nothing happening without God agreeing when few people on the planet ASK God if He agrees with what they are about to do. How does this work exactly? The Chinese sell bats in a food market and the creatures are known to carry infections and when an infection is spread to the people there, God was supposed to have given His permission for this. If no one asks God’s permission how is He giving it? What if He told the Chinese no and they did it anyway? That wouldn’t be a first.
Isaiah 5:13 Therefore my people are gone into captivity for lack of knowledge; and [g]their honorable men are famished, and their multitude are parched with thirst. 14 Therefore Sheol hath enlarged its desire, and opened its mouth without measure; and their glory, and their multitude, and their [h]pomp, and he that rejoiceth among them, descend into it.

Upvote 0