Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
i never said Jesus was not God .. i said he .. the word of god who came from the father and returned to the father, .. became flesh .., he did not become God .. the scriptures state that very very plainly .
Let's put that clearly, once and for always. He was God. He took on flesh and became a Man AS WELL AS GOD. He had two complete natures while on Earth.

Upvote 0

All4Christ

✙ The Handmaid of God Laura ✙
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,022,260.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
when i say that i am agreeing with the scriptures ,nothing less nothing more .
God did not become sin.. the son became sin for us .
Mary is the mother of the man .. the flesh and blood man .
not the mother of God .
This is why God never ever gives her that title ,never did never does never will .

I suggest you read these commentaries - there are multiple interpretations of Philippians 2, most differing in the meaning of "emptying". http://biblehub.com/commentaries/philippians/2-7.htm

Hebrews 13:8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I suggest you read these commentaries - there are multiple interpretations of Philippians 2, most differing in the meaning of "emptying". http://biblehub.com/commentaries/philippians/2-7.htm

Hebrews 13:8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.
i am agreeing with the scriptures ,nothing less nothing more .- you dont like that i refuse to agree with mankind's addons - your not going to change it .
God does not state that Mary is his mother . accept it or deny it . its on you .

Reactions: Rick Otto
Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Let's put that clearly, once and for always. He was God. He took on flesh and became a Man AS WELL AS GOD. He had two complete natures while on Earth.
and your unambiguous scriptural reference stating that to be the case is ...?

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I will kindly remind you of where you are posting. This is not a general theology forum. You have wandered into a denomination specific forum, and as such, you are in clear violation of the rules. You may ask questions and respond to direct questions to you, but you may not come to this or any other sub-forum and preach/teach against a denominations' belief. You have been asked to review the rules on more than one occasion already. The rules are in place for a reason, and we ask that you respect those rules.

I did not realize that .
i will now LEAVE .

Reactions: Rick Otto
Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
lol- im trying to leave this thread stop replying to me . and i fully accept the divinity of Christ .. and in so doing prove your allegation false -again.
he has since been gloried again .. he is no longer flesh and blood now .
But you are in violation of the CF rules that state you are not allowed to call some one a non Christian when they identify themselves as such .

i note on leaving that you have no supplied a single unambiguous scripture to substantiation your claim .

you may continue the discussion in a thread i can reply to if you wish . but quit it with the false accusations thanks .

mods =- please note-for the record . upon it being pointed out to me this is a denomination specific thread - i am excluding myself from it .

posters - you may message me privately or start another thread .
or . you can post knives in my back knowing i will no longer view this thread to see them .

:)

Upvote 0

DerekJM

Apr 29, 2016
Maitland-Newcastle Diocese Australia
✟16,747.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Labor
I'm sorry I have never really understood why

"Hail Mary, full of grace.
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou amongst women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners,
now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Why Theotokos and not Christokos yet She only Carried Jesus and not God the Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit? Even if Jesus is God she was only given the honor to Carry God the Son.

Why "Holy"

The word "Holy" is used much more liberally in the Catholic church, than in low church Protestant denominations. (eg many Catholics may describe someone like Mother Teresa as "Holy").
Bible fundamentalists/ literalists do not like the use of that word, unless it pertains to God.
Whilst a Catholic, I spent some time attending an Evangelical (charismatic) group when younger with a friend, and got to hear the different lingo and expressions, and use of words. (just like the word "Father" can only be used as a reference to God).
It is no big deal to use that words imo, just a different take on it.

• Informative
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

PanDeVida

Feb 21, 2007
✟42,102.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I'm sorry I have never really understood why

"Hail Mary, full of grace.
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou amongst women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners,
now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Why Theotokos and not Christokos yet She only Carried Jesus and not God the Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit? Even if Jesus is God she was only given the honor to Carry God the Son.

Why "Holy"

How comes Catholics Bless Mary?

Because Mary was filled with the Holy Spirt and said: "All Generations shall call Me BLESSED.

Catholics follow Scripture by dotting every i, and crossing every t. I think you should do the same and call Mary Blessed. Amen Amen

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟572,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
How comes Catholics Bless Mary?

Because Mary was filled with the Holy Spirt and said: "All Generations shall call Me BLESSED.

Catholics follow Scripture by dotting every i, and crossing every t. I think you should do the same and call Mary Blessed. Amen Amen

Amen.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟572,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This thread has been dormant for over a year. Why the need to resurrect?

LOL, I remember it in it's heyday. When I got the alert notification I was like 'huh..?'.

• Agree
Reactions: All4Christ
Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟572,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Dont ever trust what floats in and out of your mind!

This thread is like that one that floats, and no matter how many times you flush, it just won't go down...

LOL, just kidding. :D

Upvote 0