Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
because throwing an insult at me will change the facts ...?? lol. face it ... GOD is .. mary was not, then she is born of adams sinful blood line, then gave birth to a man who God declared to be his son .. thats the facts bro . its what the scripture states

As someone who believes in the fundamentalism of scripture, is it safe in your view, to try to understand what the difference could be, between Father and Son?

Or is it better not to think on such things.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
How do you know it is a man-made tradition? BTW, in looking over your posts, you seem to be following a few "Man-Made" traditions as well--such as believing that it's okay to only have a denomination of 1, which is in conflict with Hebrews 10:25. I can point out others, if you wish.
Matthew 23:9 And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.

1 Corinthians 3 And I, brethren, could not speak to you as to spiritual people but as to carnal, as to babes in Christ. 2 I fed you with milk and not with solid food; for until now you were not able to receive it, and even now you are still not able;

Hebrews 5:10 called by God as High Priest “according to the order of Melchizedek,” 11 of whom we have much to say, and hard to explain, since you have become dull of hearing.

12 For though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you again the first principles of the oracles of God; and you have come to need milk and not solid food. 13 For everyone who partakes only of milk is unskilled in the word of righteousness, for he is a babe. 14 But solid food belongs to those who are of full age, that is, those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

John 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.[c] 7 Do not marvel that I said to you, ‘You[d] must be born again.’ 8 The wind[e] blows where it wishes, and you hear its sound, but you do not know where it comes from or where it goes. So it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit.”

9 Nicodemus said to him, “How can these things be?” 10 Jesus answered him, “Are you the teacher of Israel and yet you do not understand these things? 11 Truly, truly, I say to you, we speak of what we know, and bear witness to what we have seen, but you[f] do not receive our testimony. 12 If I have told you earthly things and you do not believe, how can you believe if I tell you heavenly things? 13 No one has ascended into heaven except he who descended from heaven, the Son of Man.[

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As someone who believes in the fundamentalism of scripture, is it safe in your view, to try to understand what the difference could be, between Father and Son?

Or is it better not to think on such things.
Ambiguous redirection to avoid the bkatant point is something i rake no interest in. You cannot show the words from scripture that declare mary to be the mother of god.because she is not.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟572,330.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ambiguous redirection to avoid the bkatant point is something i rake no interest in. You cannot show the words from scripture that declare mary to be the mother of god.because she is not.

Radical Islamists also reject the use of the conscience in religious matters. They stick to exactly what the 'book' says, and they too correct those who claim otherwise -this rejection of the conscience is unhealthy.

...It's called fundamentalism.

Upvote 0

Wolf_Says

Aug 19, 2016
USA
✟30,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Radical Islamists also reject the use of the conscience in religious matters. They stick to exactly what the 'book' says, and they too correct those who claim otherwise -this rejection of the conscience is unhealthy.

...It's called fundamentalism.

People like Alithis are probably the most difficult people to debate with, because they completely reject any and everything that you say and continue to make ridiculous and outlandish statements like "you call God a liar, repent!" or "you are damned to hell!"

@Altithis, the scripture verses have already been given to you, multiple times from what I have read. You simply refuse to read them or you have and are somehow coming to a different conclusion. You also come off with a very "holier than thou" attitude in the style and approach of your writings. I suggest you tone that down a new notches if you want to be taken seriously.

Actually this song fits perfectly. (Don't listen if you don't like metal!) And don't worry, it is censored for those who can't take swearing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Landon Caeli
Upvote 0

Wolf_Says

Aug 19, 2016
USA
✟30,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
wont matter . it still wont make the words your adding appear .. sorry but that is just how it is ..no mater what you say Or how often you say it -you wont make what is not there, appear .
The same could be said with SS, but that is neither here nor there. It is called a Logical Conclusion

Mary is the mother of Jesus, Jesus is called the Son of God and is called Lord throughout the NT, therefore Mary is the Mother of our Lord, Our Lord is God because Jesus is the 2nd person of the trinity (God the Son), therefore Mary is the mother of God.

Is it really that hard to comprehend?

IF you agree that Jesus was born to Mary
THEN Mary is the Mother of Jesus

IF you agree that Jesus is God
THEN Mary is the Mother of God because of statement 1

I feel like I am making a simple script right now :/

The word Trinity is found nowhere in the Bible also, however it is a truth that we know after reading the entire Bible. This is the same. The words "mother of God" are found nowhere in the Bible, but it is a truth we know after reading the entire Bible.

IF Mary is not the Mother of God (like you claim)
THEN Jesus, her son, is not God

Therefore you are not truly a Christian and subscribe to older heretical ideas that attacked the early Church.

Which is it?

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The same could be said with SS, but that is neither here nor there. It is called a Logical Conclusion

Mary is the mother of Jesus, Jesus is called the Son of God and is called Lord throughout the NT, therefore Mary is the Mother of our Lord, Our Lord is God because Jesus is the 2nd person of the trinity (God the Son), therefore Mary is the mother of God.

Is it really that hard to comprehend?

IF you agree that Jesus was born to Mary
THEN Mary is the Mother of Jesus

IF you agree that Jesus is God
THEN Mary is the Mother of God because of statement 1

I feel like I am making a simple script right now :/

The word Trinity is found nowhere in the Bible also, however it is a truth that we know after reading the entire Bible. This is the same. The words "mother of God" are found nowhere in the Bible, but it is a truth we know after reading the entire Bible.

IF Mary is not the Mother of God (like you claim)
THEN Jesus, her son, is not God

Therefore you are not truly a Christian and subscribe to older heretical ideas that attacked the early Church.

Which is it?
It is as scripture states.
Not as man adds.
The word became flesh.. The word did not become god.
Maru gave birth to a fkesh and blood man who had no sin .
He was of the holy ghost.
He later had to recived the holy ghost.

He is the second adam. "Man" he prayed to his father in heaven...
All such things ARE in scripture.
But stating that mary is gods mother..is NOT in scripture .because it is not the truth.
Just because you force merge some things into your own recipe and come up with your own cake. Does not make it truth over the word of god.
But people have to try and force the point to justify venerating (worshipping) her.
But she is no such elevated being .
God has no mother. The title is blasphemy.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You are not allowed to post on this forum which is clearly marked "Christians Only" -- and that is defined in the rules, regardless of what you choose to list in your personal profile.
are you trying to imply i am not a Christian because i state NO ONE can show me the verse in the bible where GOD (not man ) refers to Mary as his mother ?- that would be a grave error . for we do not stand before the CF mods ..we stand before GOD on judgement day .
though Rome did at differing time murder those who refused to "heil" mary .. and desires to do so again .

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Citations please.
lol foxes book of martyrs ..but you will deny it .. -of course . that what propaganda does .
so busy writing myriads of volumes to defend sin,you've no no time to obey the lord Jesus .

now how do i block this thread ..

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,181,101.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
lol foxes book of martyrs ..but you will deny it .. -of course . that what propaganda does .
so busy writing myriads of volumes to defend sin,you've no no time to obey the lord Jesus .

now how do i block this thread ..
Please quote from Foxes book of Martyrs where Rome murdered those who refused to hail Mary, and please also quote from what led you to belive Rome desires to do so 'again'.
If you cannot then I will assume you are simply engaging in slander.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
are you trying to imply i am not a Christian because i state NO ONE can show me the verse in the bible where GOD (not man ) refers to Mary as his mother

No. It was specifically because of this profession:

The word became flesh.. The word did not become god.
Maru gave birth to a fkesh and blood man who had no sin .

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No. It was specifically because of this profession:
Are you referring to my typo?maru is supposed to be mary.?
Because everthing else i said..is scripture.not me.

in the beginning WAS the word and the word WAS with God and the word WAS god...

and later in johns same text.."and the word became flesh.
you see ?the word did not become god.
Mary gave birth to a man. Not god.
read the scripture-beleive the scripture. Not what men add to it tk appease thier own will.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

All4Christ

✙ The Handmaid of God Laura ✙
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,021,660.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Are you referring to my typo?maru is supposed to be mary.?
Because everthing else i said..is scripture.not me.

in the beginning WAS the word and the word WAS with God and the word WAS god...

and later in johns same text.."and the word became flesh.
you see ?the word did not become god.
Mary gave birth to a man. Not god.
read the scripture-beleive the scripture. Not what men add to it tk appease thier own will.

First - Consider taking the time to check your spelling and grammar before posting. It makes your posts hard to read.

That said - Do you believe that Jesus is fully human and fully God?

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You seem to be implying that when the Word became flesh, He stopped being God. Is that what you intend?
it is what is written . ..later..after the holyspirit descends ..the godhead dwells in his body..
but God is spirit. That too is written .
The word became flesh.
mary bought that flesh into the world. She mothered the man. Not God. But you dont want to admit it.because then you must denounce your mary veneration(also known as worship) .
your trying to dig a rabbit hole because you have no scripture where God (not man) calls
Her ..the mother of God.none zip zilch zero.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
First - Consider taking the time to check your spelling and grammar before posting. It makes your posts hard to read.

That said - Do you believe that Jesus is fully human and fully God?
Jesus is exactly who he says he is and who the scripture says he is.
He is the son of God
he is the word become flesh.
and later..in him ..the fullness of the God head dwelt bodily just as scripture states.

but you wont find God ever say..mary is the mother of God.
never .

Upvote 0

All4Christ

✙ The Handmaid of God Laura ✙
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,021,660.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Jesus is exactly who he says he is and who the scripture says he is.
He is the son of God
he is the word become flesh.
and later..in him ..the fullness of the God head dwelt bodily just as scripture states.

but you wont find God ever say..mary is the mother of God.
never .

Will we find the words "Mary is the Mother of God"? No - not directly. There are references to it, but not a direct phrase. Similarly, you won't find the word "Trinity" in the Bible, or a myriad of other beliefs.

Some related scripture:

Scripture says "and you will call Him Emmanuel, which means God with Us".

Luke 1:41-44 states that Mary is the another of Elizabeth's Lord. Her baby leaped in her womb when she heard the sound of Mary's voice.

Isaiah 9:6 - For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

The important point is this:

Calling Mary the Mother of God is a Christological statement. It isn't a statement about her character, so much as a statement of who Jesus is. There were heresies in the early church, similar to what you seem to be promoting. The phrasing Mother of God was further defined as dogma to help clarify the nature of Jesus as found in Scripture.

John 1:14 And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth.

Philippians 2:5-11 5 Have this attitude in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus,
6 who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped,
7 but emptied Himself, taking the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of men.
8 Being …

The Word of God became flesh - he didn't come into a human body to dwell here on earth. Likewise, God the Son didn't cease to exist temporarily in between Jesus' birth and His baptism. God is unchanging, and Jesus is the only begotten Son of God....He is eternally begotten. When Jesus became God incarnate as a little child - he was even then 100% God and 100% man.

Perhaps a non-Catholic and non-Orthodox article would help: http://www.desiringgod.org/articles/advent-and-the-incarnation

It seems like you don't believe this. Am I misunderstanding your view here?

Last edited:
Upvote 0