Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
You have to have discipline to work from home, and it really blurs the line between your work life and personal life. But it works quite well in our company.
I suppose everybody and every situation is different, but I haven't really found that I need more discipline to work from home. Even on-site, I have my own office with no windows and a closed door, so nobody is watching me and most of the temptations I have at home are present at the office. I find that it's easier for me to switch into work mode if I can just get out of bed, sit at my desk, and grab food as needed rather than having to shower, eat breakfast, pack a lunch, drive a half hour, get coffee, maybe run into a couple people, then sit down.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,477,322.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Managers know they are getting their money's worth by the amount of work that gets completed.
Maybe...just maybe...the idea that everyone is more productive working from home simply isn't true for many people. In some facets, it might not prove true for most people.

Having lived in DC and seeing how lax city government workers are in the office while people are staring directly at them, I suspect they are not anywhere near even that productive from home.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,648.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
How so? Whether they go in to the office or not, how does that reduce or enlarge the government?

Well...maybe it will induce many to quit....
Mea culpa, I seem to have thought that this affected the private-sector as well.

Upvote 0