House Votes To Advance Resolution To Censure Rashida Tlaib For Antisemitic Rhetoric

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,100,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
“Representative Rashida Tlaib, within 24 hours of the October 7 barbaric attack on Jewish citizens of the State of Israel, representing the deadliest day for Jews since the Holocaust, defended the brutal rapes, murders, be-headings, and kidnapping – including of Americans – by Hamas as justified ‘resistance’ to the ‘apartheid state,'” the resolution, which was introduced as a question of privilege by Republican Rep. Rich McCormick of Georgia, reads.

The resolution also states her use of the phrase “from the river to the sea” as cause for censure, with the phrase being interpreted as calling for the end of the State of Israel, whose territory runs from the Jordan River to the Mediterranean Sea and is claimed as Palestinian by activists.

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,429,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I agree with the minority leader's statement:

Representative Hakeem Jeffries of New York, the minority leader, said in a statement before the vote that echoing “slogans that are widely understood as calling for the complete destruction of Israel — such as ‘from the river to the sea’ — does not advance progress toward a two-state solution. Instead, it unacceptably risks further polarization, division and incitement to violence.”

• Agree
Reactions: HARK!
Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
“Representative Rashida Tlaib, within 24 hours of the October 7 barbaric attack on Jewish citizens of the State of Israel, representing the deadliest day for Jews since the Holocaust, defended the brutal rapes, murders, be-headings, and kidnapping – including of Americans – by Hamas as justified ‘resistance’ to the ‘apartheid state,'” the resolution, which was introduced as a question of privilege by Republican Rep. Rich McCormick of Georgia, reads.

The resolution also states her use of the phrase “from the river to the sea” as cause for censure, with the phrase being interpreted as calling for the end of the State of Israel, whose territory runs from the Jordan River to the Mediterranean Sea and is claimed as Palestinian by activists.

Imagine if Democrats had done this to a GOP congressman over criticism of Ukraine. We’d never hear the end to the cries of political persecution around here.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟572,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Imagine if Democrats had done this to a GOP congressman over criticism of Ukraine. We’d never hear the end to the cries of political persecution around here.
I'm not able to visualize that comparison, but maybe it works for some.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm not able to visualize that comparison, but maybe it works for some.
Yah thankfully having the government take time to officially and effectively shut down one person’s speech they don’t like isn’t all too common. Not surprising to see it coming from today’s undemocratic GOP.

Reactions: dzheremi
Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The vote was 234 to 188. No government employee or official should be allowed to advocate terrorism or genocide.

• Agree
Reactions: HARK!
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
The vote was 234 to 188. No government employee or official should be allowed to advocate terrorism or genocide.
A disgrace. It should have been 0-435.

Can I hear the quote of her advocating for terrorism and genocide? I’m not even sure what she said that was so bad it needed an official condemnation from Congress.

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
A disgrace. It should have been 0-435.

Can I hear the quote of her advocating for terrorism and genocide? I’m not even sure what she said that was so bad it needed an official condemnation from Congress.
She came across as supporting Hamas. It has been done. Israel is in the middle of war against these terrorists, and even though there is a lot of Marxist sentiment in this country many people realized the pure savagery. Know too that the jihadists will not stop with Jews, they have killed Americans and taken Americans hostage. This is not the time to play the Palestinian victim card.

Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟251,078.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
“Representative Rashida Tlaib, within 24 hours of the October 7 barbaric attack on Jewish citizens of the State of Israel, representing the deadliest day for Jews since the Holocaust, defended the brutal rapes, murders, be-headings, and kidnapping – including of Americans – by Hamas as justified ‘resistance’ to the ‘apartheid state,'”
She really defended the attacks? What were her exact words, please?

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,100,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
You could watch the video that is still up on her X account. It might be too disturbing to post here; but here's a little snip that that you might find offensive:

1699487416741.png

As you might suspect, I'm no fan of Biden; but this sort of rhetoric is over the top.

Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟251,078.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You could watch the video that is still up on her X account. It might be too disturbing to post here; but here's a little snip that that you might find offensive:

View attachment 339004

As you might suspect, I'm no fan of Biden; but this sort of rhetoric is over the top.
I clicked on the link but nothing happens. What, exactly, did Tlaib say that justiifies your claim that she "defended the brutal rapes, murders, be-headings, and kidnapping – including of Americans – by Hamas as justified ‘resistance’ to the ‘apartheid state"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I clicked on the link but nothing happens. What, exactly, did Tlaib say that justiifies your claim that she "defended the brutal rapes, murders, be-headings, and kidnapping – including of Americans – by Hamas as justified ‘resistance’ to the ‘apartheid state"
It a censure, not an expulsion. All a censure takes is a simple majority, and enough members of Congress thought she went over the line toward sympathy for Hamas. It doesn't take away any of her duties.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
It a censure, not an expulsion. All a censure takes is a simple majority, and enough members of Congress thought she went over the line toward sympathy for Hamas. It doesn't take away any of her duties.
For her speech.
The government chastised a member of its own legislative branch for something she said.
Officially.

Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟251,078.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Ok, but that was not my question.

Again: What, exactly, did Tlaib say that justiifies your claim that she "defended the brutal rapes, murders, be-headings, and kidnapping – including of Americans – by Hamas as justified ‘resistance’ to the ‘apartheid state"

Upvote 0

WolfGate

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2004
South Carolina
✟449,251.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
JTA — In a video posted to social media on Sunday, Rep. Rashida Tlaib leveled a litany of harsh accusations at US President Joe Biden — from saying he betrayed his voters to blaming him for endorsing “genocide” by allowing Israel to continue dismantling the Hamas terror organization which rules the Gaza Strip.

But one six-word phrase in the video caught the ire of a growing chorus of critics and led to formal consequences in Congress: “From the river to the sea.”

The slogan generally appears as the first half of the chant “From the river to the sea, Palestine will be free” — referring to the area between the Jordan River and the Mediterranean Sea, which encompasses Israel, the West Bank and Gaza. It’s a phrase that Jewish watchdogs call antisemitic, that has caused at least one pro-Palestinian commentator to lose a job — and that Tlaib has walked back in the past.

On Monday night, the House of Representatives voted to censure Tlaib, in part because of the phrase. A group of Tlaib’s fellow Democratic Congress members said it’s a “rallying cry for the destruction of the State of Israel and genocide of the Jewish people.”

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,100,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
You might want to read my post again for comprehension.

Upvote 0