Nov 19, 2004
Atlanta, GA.
✟12,748.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Impossible because the Old Testament makes no differentiation of its 635 laws

The OT didn't have to as it was dealing with the law to ONE people: the Jews. The differentiation comes up when dealing with the completed law, post 653 laws of the Torah.

Upvote 0

Zaac

Nov 19, 2004
Atlanta, GA.
✟12,748.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
This is misapplied here. This passages is in reference to people who will claim to be Christian and did works like prophecy and exorcism in the name of Jesus, but were not. The people you are applying this to now openly declare that they are not Christian and perform no works in Jesus' name.

It's not misapplied. Just as there are folks by your own testimony who say they were Christians but no longer are, there will be those on the day of Judgment claiming to be Christians and God will likewise as with the others make it known that they never were.

Upvote 0

Maren

Veteran
Oct 20, 2007
✟57,368.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
To bring about my own prayers, I'll point out now, and any other time anyone cite's NARTH, that "Dr." Reker was recently busted procuring the services of male prostitutes. So I question the quality of NARTH's objectivity.

It is interesting that this scandal is hitting the Florida Governor's race. You see, in 2007, Dr. Rekers was hired by the Florida AG (who is now running for governor) to testify in a gay adoption case, and Florida paid him $120,000. The judge, in her ruling, completely dismissed Dr. Rekers' testimony stating, "Dr. Rekers’ testimony was far from a neutral and unbiased recitation of the relevant scientific evidence. Dr. Rekers’ beliefs are motivated by his strong ideological and theological convictions that are not consistent with the science. Based on his testimony and demeanor at trial, the court cannot consider his testimony to be credible nor worthy of forming the basis of public policy." The judge went on to say that his testimony was neither "credible nor worthy of forming the basis for public policy."

Worse, this isn't the first time a judge had commented this way on Dr. Rekers. In Arkansas, who recommended Dr. Rekers to Florida, the judge stated that Rekers' testimony was "extremely suspect" and that he "was there to primarily to promote his own personal ideology.''

I think this says a great deal about the validity of the information found on NARTH (which is what Dr. Rekers would have presented at the trials).

Upvote 0

b&wpac4

Trying to stay away
Sep 21, 2008
✟25,295.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Engaged
It's not misapplied. Just as there are folks by your own testimony who say they were Christians but no longer are, there will be those on the day of Judgment claiming to be Christians and God will likewise as with the others make it known that they never were.

I will proudly state that I am not a Christian, but that I worship God as commanded to the people of which I have become a part. If condemned, then I would reject that God anyway.

Upvote 0
B

BigBadWlf

I will proudly state that I am not a Christian, but that I worship God as commanded to the people of which I have become a part. If condemned, then I would reject that God anyway.
Maybe Zaac would be willing to explain to you just where it says that the laws of the Torah are carefully divided into specific catagories

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.