Homosexuality (Give me your opinion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BigBadWlf

Wrong.

Please research the book titled Some Uses and Abuses of the Kinsey Scale by Bruce Voeller a homosexual activist.

Here is an excerpt:

As I became a national Gay leader I insisted to other Gay leaders that we needed to bring the
message(s) ... home to the media, to judges and legislators, to ministers and rabbis, to psychiatrists....
I campaigned with Gay groups across the country for the Kinsey-based finding that
“We are everywhere”. This slogan became a National Gay Taskforce leitmotiv. And the issues
became key parts of (our) national, political, educational and legislative
programs.... After years
of our educating those who inform the public and make its laws, the concept that 10% of the
population is gay has become a generally accepted “fact” . . . the 10% figure is regularly utilized
by scholars, by the press, and in government statistics. As with so many pieces of knowledge

(and myth), repeated telling made it so.”

http://www.mygenes.co.nz/Ch2.pdf

Quite ironic is the last sentence.
Now if only this had ANYTHING to do with Jase’s post…but it doesn’t

Upvote 0
B

BigBadWlf

I think Wikipedia is a great tool. However, I understand for charged issues that "facts" can be skewed as anybody can change the article and virtually write anything they want, unfounded or otherwise.

It's best to go to the individual sources and read the original reports.
So why didn’t you go to individuals sources and read the originals?

Upvote 0

Jase

Feb 20, 2003
✟10,432.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Democrat
With all due respect it would be hard, to say the least, to take seriously the opinion concerning the Bible and Christian faith of a person who by all accounts openly states they are Agnostic.
Newflash. Most Atheists and Agnostics know more about the Bible than your average Christian. Most also used to be Christian. They also are statistically more intelligent and educated.

Just because they disagree with your beliefs, doesn't mean they don't know what they're talking about.

Upvote 0

Zaac

Nov 19, 2004
Atlanta, GA.
✟12,748.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Newflash. Most Atheists and Agnostics know more about the Bible than your average Christian. Most also used to be Christian.

21"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?' 23Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'
Matthew 7:21-23

They also are statistically more intelligent and educated.

There's a difference between wisdom and intelligence. One is Christ centric the other is man-centric.

Just because they disagree with your beliefs, doesn't mean they don't know what they're talking about.

The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned. 1 Cor 2:14

Upvote 0

b&wpac4

Trying to stay away
Sep 21, 2008
✟25,295.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Engaged
21"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?' 23Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'

This is misapplied here. This passages is in reference to people who will claim to be Christian and did works like prophecy and exorcism in the name of Jesus, but were not. The people you are applying this to now openly declare that they are not Christian and perform no works in Jesus' name.

Upvote 0

LambChop316

Jul 2, 2007
✟15,130.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

There's a difference between wisdom and intelligence. One is Christ centric the other is man-centric.

The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned. 1 Cor 2:14

The last resort of the hard-line fundamentalist is 1 Corinthians 1:27 "But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty."

In other words " It doesn't matter what the facts are or what evidence there is, "(I've convinced myself that) God said it; I believe it; that settles it."

It's the one reply that there is no response against. They are all cocooned against reason. There is no getting through to them.

Upvote 0

Uncle Tommy

Just a Christian
Dec 30, 2008
Probably sitting on my bed.
✟10,596.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Newflash. Most Atheists and Agnostics know more about the Bible than your average Christian.

I would be interested in unbiased evidence of this assertion.

Most also used to be Christian.
This may be true.

They also are statistically more intelligent and educated.
And men are more intelligent than women by the same insignificant margin of 4-6 IQ points. That's not enough to even be distinguishable without testing.

As for being more highly educated; I will withhold comment until the pertinent studies include accredited seminary degrees in their statistics. Most do not. It isn't hard to say there are more Ph.D's from Princeton who are atheist if you don't include their seminary degrees. The same can be said for the University of Chicago, Harvard, and many others who are polled on Ph.D students who are not Seminary students.

This is true at least as far as understanding principles.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

underpressure

Nov 1, 2009
✟15,670.00
Faith
Seeker
My opinion of homosexuality? I don't think it does any harm if you are that way inclined.

It does seem 'strange' when you see two guys holding hands or kissing in public, but that's because we're not really used to seeing it. It's got to be hard enough when you are young and you realise you aren't attracted to the opposite sex at all, but to the same sex, without idiots saying it is immoral and all that.

What the bible says aside (it's not like anyone has proved it's God's word), I think if you would begrudge 2 people making each other happy because they are 'different' to you, then I think that makes you a nasty piece of work.

Upvote 0

LightHorseman

Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2006
✟10,643.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
AU-Liberals
Oh yeah, NARTH, Dr. Rekers' ministry. Really reliable source.

As for "God's origial design, which is what we find in Genesis 1-2," may I suggest looking at Job 38-39? And realizing what the context is.
To bring about my own prayers, I'll point out now, and any other time anyone cite's NARTH, that "Dr." Reker was recently busted procuring the services of male prostitutes. So I question the quality of NARTH's objectivity.

Upvote 0

OllieFranz

Jul 2, 2007
✟23,548.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
To bring about my own prayers, I'll point out now, and any other time anyone cite's NARTH, that "Dr." Reker was recently busted procuring the services of male prostitutes. So I question the quality of NARTH's objectivity.
To be fair, he hired the guy to carry his luggage while he went on vacation, though why he hired him through a listing on a rentboy website is still not adequately explained

Upvote 0

Wicked Willow

May 2, 2005
✟4,434.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
When was the last time you saw an ex-Christian, agnostic or atheist prophesy, drive out demons and perform many miracles in Jesus's name?

This passage is clearly aimed at believers; perhaps *you* should ponder it a little more closely... When was the last time you acted like the Good Samaritan? And how much luxury do you allow yourself at the expense of the destitute?

Upvote 0

OllieFranz

Jul 2, 2007
✟23,548.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
When was the last time you saw an ex-Christian, agnostic or atheist prophesy, drive out demons and perform many miracles in Jesus's name?

This passage is clearly aimed at believers; perhaps *you* should ponder it a little more closely... When was the last time you acted like the Good Samaritan? And how much luxury do you allow yourself at the expense of the destitute?

Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fulness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy. And they were haughty, and committed abomination before me: therefore I took them away as I saw good.
Ezekiel 16:49-50

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
B

BigBadWlf

Newflash. Most Atheists and Agnostics know more about the Bible than your average Christian. Most also used to be Christian. They also are statistically more intelligent and educated.

Very true, but it is always easier to dismiss someone than to actually address the points they make

Upvote 0

Polycarp1

Born-again Liberal Episcopalian
Sep 4, 2003
USA
✟25,875.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Carry his luggage and provide a “daily sexual massage” :cool:

I had originally been skeptical of the allegations, particularly in view of the fact that Giovanni ('Lucien') at first defended Rekers. But as the details come out, more and more it's becoming evident that, in the sardonic words of one wit, "Rekers hired the rentboy to help him deal with his baggage. Yep - 'deal with his baggage.'"

Upvote 0
B

BigBadWlf

I had originally been skeptical of the allegations, particularly in view of the fact that Giovanni ('Lucien') at first defended Rekers. But as the details come out, more and more it's becoming evident that, in the sardonic words of one wit, "Rekers hired the rentboy to help him deal with his baggage. Yep - 'deal with his baggage.'"
Must …resist…urge…to…make…totally …inappropriate ….joke..

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.