Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Princess of Wales says she is in the early stages of treatment after cancer was found in tests.

In a video statement, Catherine says it was a "huge shock" after an "incredibly tough couple of months".

But she sent a positive message, saying: "I am well and getting stronger every day."

Details of the cancer have not been disclosed, but Kensington Palace says it is confident the princess will make a full recovery.

The princess's statement explains that when she had abdominal surgery in January, it was not known that there was any cancer.

"However tests after the operation found cancer had been present. My medical team therefore advised that I should undergo a course of preventative chemotherapy and I am now in the early stages of that treatment," said the princess.

She said she was thinking of all those who have been affected by cancer, adding: "For everyone facing this disease, in whatever form, please do not lose faith or hope. You are not alone."

Continued below.

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,053,895.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Princess of Wales says she is in the early stages of treatment after cancer was found in tests.

In a video statement, Catherine says it was a "huge shock" after an "incredibly tough couple of months".

But she sent a positive message, saying: "I am well and getting stronger every day."

Details of the cancer have not been disclosed, but Kensington Palace says it is confident the princess will make a full recovery.

The princess's statement explains that when she had abdominal surgery in January, it was not known that there was any cancer.

"However tests after the operation found cancer had been present. My medical team therefore advised that I should undergo a course of preventative chemotherapy and I am now in the early stages of that treatment," said the princess.

She said she was thinking of all those who have been affected by cancer, adding: "For everyone facing this disease, in whatever form, please do not lose faith or hope. You are not alone."

Continued below.

:(
What a shock for all of them. Especially her children.

• Prayers
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Dan1988

Site Supporter
Jul 8, 2018
Sydney
✟204,276.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private

Continued below.
Kensington Palace, must have a good reason for their confidence in the princess making a full recovery. She's obviously receiving the best care and treatment possible, and being fairly young increases the chances of making a full recovery.

The experts claim that people who are determined to overcome the odds, have a much better chance of recovery than those who sink into despair and give up the fight because they don't think they can win the battle

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,675,041.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

the Vital One

Awaken
Dec 5, 2015
Illinois
✟44,923.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Kensington Palace, must have a good reason for their confidence in the princess making a full recovery. She's obviously receiving the best care and treatment possible, and being fairly young increases the chances of making a full recovery.

The experts claim that people who are determined to overcome the odds, have a much better chance of recovery than those who sink into despair and give up the fight because they don't think they can win the battle

It will be interesting to see how quickly her treatment will begin compared to the average Briton going through the universal health care of the National Health Service.

Of course we all hope for the best.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,675,041.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It will be interesting to see how quickly her treatment will begin compared to the average Briton going through the universal health care of the National Health Service.

Of course we all hope for the best.
I read that she started preventative chemo in February.

Upvote 0