Not open for further replies.

EnemyPartyII

Sep 12, 2006
✟20,084.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
The quoting of scripture, does not always equal racism, even if you want it to be, even if racists used the same scriptures (it is my understanding that it doesnt invalidate scripture, if people misuse it).
But who are YOU to judge the correct use?

You say the racists "misuse" the Bible, yet I would contend to you that some of the most fervent Christians are extremely racist, and yet, when they look to the Bible for justification, they aren't misusing it, they are reading, what is to them, plain to see...

So, if we accept that racists can be wrong about using the Bible to support racism, what is the difference between this and accepting that homophobics are wrong about using the Bible to support their homophobia?

I read a quote once which i think sums it up...

"Isn't it interesting how extremists always manage to find a God who hates the exact same things they hate?"

Upvote 0

AureateDawn

Love & Peace
May 2, 2006
Knoxville, TN
✟12,273.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
But who are YOU to judge the correct use?[/font]

We're not. That is for the Church. This is why all sorts of divisions in Christianity spread, beginning with the schism in 1054, and God knows how many Protestant denominations from the Middle Ages onward.

In Christ,
Love,
Justin

Upvote 0

EnemyPartyII

Sep 12, 2006
✟20,084.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
We're not. That is for the Church. This is why all sorts of divisions in Christianity spread, beginning with the schism in 1054, and God knows how many Protestant denominations from the Middle Ages onward.
Interesting... so you don't consider gnostics, coptics, arians hermetics or similar to be denominations of Christinaity, since they preceed the Catholic/Orthodox split, in some cases by almost a thousand years?

Upvote 0

savedandhappy1

Senior Veteran
Oct 27, 2006
Kansas
✟18,944.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
And racists used the same agreements…and most of the same biblical quotes to justify discrimination…how is what you are saying any different from them?
Hate in God’s name is a mockery of the message of Jesus…yet you don’t seem to have a problem with that.
Boy, I hope you have a file that has all your repeated and repeated and repeated quotes in.

Wish we had that dead horse smiley icon.

I quoted God's Word on what He says marriage is, so know I didn't mock God, but good try.

As so many have said and better then me, you supply no scriptures, you supply no proof, but you do a wonderful job repeating the same red herring or fallicy or whatever you want to call it.

Your great at labeling people that don't agree with you as haters, but as was also already stated you are the only one who comes across sounding like the word you have use so well.

If wanting someone to not spend eternity in hell makes me a hater, then yes I am a hater. Then again so is Jesus, God, the disciples, etc. You really need to either find more material or something.

Upvote 0

EnemyPartyII

Sep 12, 2006
✟20,084.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
If wanting someone to not spend eternity in hell makes me a hater, then yes I am a hater. Then again so is Jesus, God, the disciples, etc. You really need to either find more material or something.
the great hypocrisy that, as a homosexual person, [wash my mouth][wash my mouth][wash my mouth][wash my mouth][wash my mouth] ME to tears... is that the EXACT SAME book of the Bible that calls homosexuality an "abomination"... ALSO calls women wearing men's clothes an abomination... exact same language.

So, either or time...

EITHER people who hate homosexuals for just being themselves, SHOULD be pouring just as much hate and vitriol on any girl wearing jeans,

OR,

homosexuality and women wearing men's clothes are comparable, and since women wearin jeans apparently isn't anything to get worked up about, neither is homosexuality.

So, all you people who think there is anything wrong with homosexuals should spend JUST as much time councilling women in front of the Gap, as you should homosexuals as we try to go about our everyday business

Upvote 0

savedandhappy1

Senior Veteran
Oct 27, 2006
Kansas
✟18,944.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
the great hypocrisy that, as a homosexual person, [wash my mouth][wash my mouth][wash my mouth][wash my mouth][wash my mouth] ME to tears... is that the EXACT SAME book of the Bible that calls homosexuality an "abomination"... ALSO calls women wearing men's clothes an abomination... exact same language.

So, either or time...

EITHER people who hate homosexuals for just being themselves, SHOULD be pouring just as much hate and vitriol on any girl wearing jeans,

OR,

homosexuality and women wearing men's clothes are comparable, and since women wearin jeans apparently isn't anything to get worked up about, neither is homosexuality.

So, all you phelps types should spend JUST as much time with your plackards in fron of the Gap, as you should molesting homosexuals as we try to go about our everyday business
As I said and won't say again. We have all sinned and we all need forgiveness. It is just a shame that some, nevermind, been over this to many times to go again.

Have a nice day.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.