Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
This is another projection. It is not 2+2=4 fact. It is a hypothisis based on multiple factors. A guess.

No, it really is a fact there are excess fatalities even well above official COVID-19 stats.

You just don't want to acknowledge that because it pokes a hole in the idea that COVID-19 deaths are overstated.

• Winner
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,831.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I think if we could get people to acknowledge group-think as a concept, people could learn to adapt their personal lives around it and end the bipartisan nature of the country forever.
I can agree with the approach. I just don’t think it’s really possible anymore. I don’t think we can “get people to do” anything without an equally large group of people vowing to do the exact opposite.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I don't want to acknowledge it because I keep trying to talk about the lockdown. I keep trying to shirk off this stupid crap everyone seems to be intent on forcing me to argue. I'm not even trying to argue from the position people keep coming at me. What is the hoax everyone is referring to and why?

upload_2020-5-24_15-47-34.png

Hence, it is stated a hoax.... what do I find to be 'the hoax'?

The hoax is the lock down

THE VIRUS IS NOT THE ISSUE. THE LOCKDOWN IS.

It's like I literally just need to forgo any interaction and just push thru.

Upvote 0

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟264,956.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
Dr. Deborah Birx | Recording Covid-19 as Cause of Death No Matter What

Dr. Ngozi Ezike | How COVID Deaths are Classified

Determining the cause of death can be difficult. The excessive mortality numbers from this year against last years numbers suggest we may be undercounting them How COVID-19 Deaths Are Counted

I don't know what I need to do to get people to understand I do not care about PPEs, or CDC advisments. They are not an issue. The lockdown is the issue.

Then encourage people to follow PPE and CDC guidelines because the better we do at that, the less likely we are going to have to go back to closing things down.

I'm not. I'm stating how people act towards me, and state that I am.

Try not layering it on so thick or people will think you are taking a “woe is me” tract to garner some sympathy.

No, this needs to end. We don't ever need to do this again in this manner.

That remains to be seen. In the 1918 Spanish Flu Pandemic, the second wave was more devastating than the first. If it gets bad again, we’re not going to refuse to start sheltering in place again because some validly materialistic people throw a temper tantrum. Our rights come with responsibilities, sometimes we have to forgo some rights for the greater good of our country. The Greatest Generation understood that won World War II. If fully believe that if World War II happened now, United States would have been a non-entity, Hitler would own mainland Europe, and Japan would have owned Hawaii.

Yeah, sure..

Kavanaugh, Stormy Daniels, Pee Pee tapes, Russian collusion, Steele Dossier ect...

Pick a topic... any topic for the last 5 years I could not copy/paste the arguments from others against me as a fitting response to what I am now stating.

I don’t know what you think a “coup” is but none of those are it.

• Winner
Reactions: whatbogsends
Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟572,651.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I can agree with the approach. I just don’t think it’s really possible anymore. I don’t think we can “get people to do” anything without an equally large group of people vowing to do the exact opposite.

I consider myself teachable, if something I read makes sense. :)

...I see it as a positive quality.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟367,964.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Does it give people a sense of purpose to wear a mask? Maybe they feel morally superior or empowered concerning those who do not? Do they feel they are a better person than them? Because if so, that is right in line with behavioral modification thru social conditioning. "Herd mindset".
what a load of old toss. Do plan to provide useful, salient, pertinent information or are you too busy wrapping your head around the idea that show concern for people around them?

Maybe they should shame individuals that do not do what is 'correct' like they do, or even turn them in to the authorities to teach them a lesson.

Social... conditioning... 'If I do not do as others do, I am bad. If others do not do as I do, they are bad and need to be punished.'

Meanwhile I will follow what professionals say:

Dr. Anthony Fauci says no one should be walking around in masks[/QUOTE]
You follow the health advice..about a pandemic of a novel virus, that is OVER 2 months? Do you not see a problem with that?

Last edited:
Reactions: Jimmy D
Upvote 0

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
I don't want to acknowledge it because I keep trying to talk about the lockdown.

Then why do you keep making the claim that COVID-19 deaths are overstated (despite evidence to the contrary)?

Upvote 0

stevil

Godless and without morals
Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Then protect yourself. Do what you feel is needed to keep yourself safe. And all is good in the world.
"every man for himself!"

My approach is much different. I am not in a high risk group, but
I realise that we have many elderly and vulnerable and I see it as my personal responsibility to reduce the amount of this disease in the general population.

If we do this as a collective society, then we can achieve the lowering of this disease and we can protect our people. I take my personal responsibility seriously.
I would love to have a government not enforce this but to encourage people instead. But because there are a significant amount of people that believe in the "every man for himself" approach, I am fully supportive of government in enforcing shutdowns and restrictions. We need to protect our people and we unfortunately have selfish people in society who don't deem it their responsibility to protect the lives of others.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟367,964.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
I consider myself teachable, if something I read makes sense. :)

...I see it as a positive quality.
But, and I mean no disrespect here, if something doesn't make sense to you, that doesn't mean it isn't correct. It just means you don't understand it yet.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟572,651.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
But, and I mean no disrespect here, if something doesn't make sense to you, that doesn't mean it isn't correct. It just means you don't understand it yet.

That's true... Which is why I like discussion and debate forums -because other people can help me to better understand things... Sometimes... Depending on what the other people are trying to do.

Reactions: Jimmy D
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,928.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Good for you. Must be wonderful to be better than everyone who disagrees with you.

Thanks. It is heartening to have a consent world view based on facts.

I haven't gotten sick ether, but Im still a self centered evil person.

Acknowledging it is the first step.

I get pulled into discussing death rates, masks and so on. Because people like yourself will not stop using it as some sort of talking point.

I'm not sure I get your point. Are you saying we have to ignore the reality of nearly 100,000 deaths of US citizens for your points to be reasonable?

This being a flagrant violation of civil liberties and constitutional rights is not a conspiracy theory.

Interesting assertion. Let's see if you can provide any reasons for people to believe your guess.

It is known that even flu, heart attacks, what have you are all counted as cv deaths. So the number is fake.

Yes, the evidence shows covid-19 deaths are being undercounted, but given how new this situation is I don't really fault those who are overwhelmed by it.

This is another projection. It is not 2+2=4 fact. It is a hypothisis based on multiple factors. A guess.

I'm assuming if you had any specific explanation for how the analysis was wrong you'd have listed it here instead of just rattling off a bunch of excuses.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,928.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
It’s threads like these that lead me to believe we’ll probably never make it out of this crisis again. Not as one, united country.
Just keep in mind that people denying the science are a very small minority.

• Optimistic
Reactions: pitabread
Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,928.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
No, it really is a fact there are excess fatalities even well above official COVID-19 stats.

You just don't want to acknowledge that because it pokes a hole in the idea that COVID-19 deaths are overstated.
To be fair, on the one hand we have hard data showing an excess of deaths. On the other hand, there are cherry-picked out of context quotes in youtube videos. It must be difficult to know which one to believe.

Reactions: whatbogsends
Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Just keep in mind that people denying the science are a very small minority.

I think that there are more than that. They did manage to elect former Democrat and serial adulterer Donald J. Trump to the office of the President.

• Informative
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
To be fair, on the one hand we have hard data showing an excess of deaths. On the other hand, there are cherry-picked out of context quotes in youtube videos. It must be difficult to know which one to believe.

Not to mention states like Georgia that have created a new calendar to align with a COVID-19 drop.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,429.00
Faith
Atheist
The hoax is the lock down they substaitate by inflated numbers, fear inappropriate content news media sensationalism, and corrupt politicians under criminal investigation desperate to get unsecurable voting methods into place. The virus is a convenient reality, an excuse or opportunity. After all: "Never allow a crisis to go to waste."

The people promoting fear are those who are claiming this is a global conspiracy for subjugation of the masses. The concept that being forced to wear a mask to purchase goods in person is tyranny is fear inappropriate content.

Why weren't these people demanding liberty when people required shirts and shoes to get service. I mean, who are they to demand we wear shirts and shoes in their stores. They're taking away our freedoms!

Pandemics of varying severity have been a part of mankind's history for as long as there was a history of mankind. This is the first pandemic that a political movement has rebelled against for fear that it's really a ploy for globalist control.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
This is what the lockdown is all about in America. The 2020 election, and unsecurable voting methods:

President Trump slammed Governor Newsom claiming he is 'handing ballots out to everyone on the street." Trump goes on to say voter fraud is a big issue. #FoxNews

The hoax is the lock down they substaitate by inflated numbers, fear inappropriate content news media sensationalism, and corrupt politicians under criminal investigation desperate to get unsecurable voting methods into place. The virus is a convenient reality, an excuse or opportunity. After all: "Never allow a crisis to go to waste."
Hey guys..it's just a democratic hoax

we need to keep you 'safe' from covid-19 by finding new forms of voting, because no american should feel threatened when they go to vote
Mr. Flynn’s deliberately set up and framed by corrupt agents at the top of the FBI.

There is no possibility for elections. I see no way Biden is going to defeat Trump. We are already aware of the call in voting, ballot boxes on street corners, ballot harvesting, and other unsecured methods being pushed. Judicial watch has also purged millions of illegal, dead, and inactive voters from the rolls as is required by law. We are also pushing for voter ID so illegals and the dead do not make it back into the votes cast.
Mr. Flynn’s deliberately set up and framed by corrupt agents at the top of the FBI.

Upvote 0

stevil

Godless and without morals
Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
This is what the lockdown is all about in America. The 2020 election, and unsecurable voting methods:

President Trump slammed Governor Newsom claiming he is 'handing ballots out to everyone on the street." Trump goes on to say voter fraud is a big issue. #FoxNews
But, getting back to reality.

Of course, lockdown is about reducing the R0 number so that the spread of a deadly disease is slower and hence less people die.

The hoax is the lock down they substaitate by inflated numbers, fear inappropriate content news media sensationalism, and corrupt politicians under criminal investigation desperate to get unsecurable voting methods into place.
Extreme Far rightwing conspiracy propaganda.
There is no reason to believe any unsecurable voting would favour one party over another.

There is no possibility for elections. I see no way Biden is going to defeat Trump.

So what are you worried about then?

We are already aware of the call in voting, ballot boxes on street corners, ballot harvesting, and other unsecured methods being pushed. Judicial watch has also purged millions of illegal, dead, and inactive voters from the rolls as is required by law. We are also pushing for voter ID so illegals and the dead do not make it back into the votes cast.
Trump commissioned an investigation into fraudulent voting and they didn't come up with anything of consequence.

Upvote 0