Oct 24, 2008
Orlando, FL
Visit site
✟8,380.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Christians need to beware of calling ministers heretics and false prophets. Did you know that if you do a web search of any nationally recognized preacher, there will be people who talk negative of them?

Jesus talked about false prophets coming in the last days. However, I'm convinced that what most Christians call false prophets are not. It is very dangerous spiritually to call a preacher false because you don't agree with a doctrine that isn't essential to salvation.

To quote a website as proof that a preacher is bogus is ridiculous. I've seen people take one sentence a preacher says and exploit it.

As a example I will use two controversial preachers: Benny Hinn and Kenneth Copeland.

Benny Hinn has a worldwide healing ministry and is rich. It is a fact that Benny Hinn has never been charged by the police as a fraud. It is a fact no accusations against him have been proved. I'm not gonna argue personal opinions about him. I'm talking facts. Benny Hinn teaches that God still heals and believes it is God's will to heal everyone. Now I believe that also, but lets say Benny Hinn is wrong. Let's say that that is a scriptual error. That does not make him a heretic. Please don't post comments saying he calls himself a healer and is stealing money. You have never heard him call himself the healer and cannot provide any proved reference that he steals money...that would be a lie. That would make him a heretic. Just because a preacher is rich doesn't mean he is stealing. My point is if he was wrong on his doctrine concerning healing that doen't make him a heretic. That just means he's missing it in a area. Does he believe in the Lordship of Christ; the plan of redemption; the one way of salvation? Yes he does. He has led millions to Christ.

Look at Kenneth Copeland. The internet is always calling him a heretic who believes we are literal Gods. I know that is a distortion of his teaching. He has said specifically that we are not Deity. He means that we are God's children and have authority on earth as God does in heaven. They also call him a heretic because he preaches biblical prosperity. Lets say he is completely wrong in those areas... that doesn't make him a heretic. If he has the biggest house in America, that doesn't make him a heretic. That just means his missing it in that area. He believes in salvation through Christ only; the trinity; the integrity of the Word of God.

A heretic is one who claims to be a Christian, but leads them away from Christ. A false prophet is one who turns people toward themselves. A false prophet says they speak for God, but don't speak His voice. It is a strange voice that speaks for themselves or the devil. If you are leading people to Christ, teaching the fundamental things of the Bible, giving God the glory, how can you be a heretic? If your definition of a heretic is anyone who promotes divine healing, speaks in tongues, and believes in prosperity that is sad. It would be just as wrong, but in accordance to your definition, if they called you a heretic for not believing in it.

I know there are false prophets, even some in the name of Christianity. I just thing we need to examine them more closely before throwing rocks at every accusation. CNN and Fox News are not even close to the gospel. They want to bring down every ministry that is rich because money makes you more effective. The world news is influenced by Satan, have you noticed they never speak positive things about us Christians unless you claim to be a gay one. At minimum, at least check out there website, look at there tenants, and read a article or two. Most of the Christians we speak against we shouldn't be speaking against. Most negative information we get is third and forth party and we don't verify it.

Do you want to know what heretic Christianity is? Heretic Christianity is Joseph Smith and the Church of Latter Day Saints. It is Charles Russel and the Jehovah's Witness. The KKK are heretics. Buddha, Mohammad, Confucius, and Gandhi are false prophets. And yes those preachers who can only prophecy how much money you have and should give it them, they bogus two. The problem is we falsely clump the legit with them.

I said all this to say quit calling preachers heretics even if they are wrong in certain areas. We all miss it in certain areas. I have not found a perfect church, denomination, or preacher yet. We are imperfect vessels who serve a perfect God. As long a be believe the core things of of the Word of God lets get along and be willing to be corrected if we are missing it.

Reactions: importunity

MinJeremiah

Prosperous
Oct 24, 2008
Orlando, FL
Visit site
✟8,380.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Note tho..there is a difference between a heretic and a false prophet.

No one knows the word of God in its entireity..thats my belief. Not one person LIVES it completely

But a false prophet is another area and SHOULD be proven and called out..

I agree. Thank you. I used both in explaining because when it comes to high profile ministers people seem to group them together

Upvote 0

WileyCoyote

Contributor
Dec 4, 2007
✟54,975.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
One thing that always strikes me as odd where the critics are concerned is:

If they are so right, why do they have to use ungodly tactics to bring down a ministry they accuse of being wrong? For instance, Hank Hanegraaf. His book "Christianity In Crisis" has been refuted and has been exposed as taking quotes out of context and misrepresenting others. D.R. McConnel has been refuted. His book "A Different Gospel" made the false charge that E.W. Kenyon mixed metaphysical teachings with Christianity. It is clear that the guy never studied the works of Kenyon but instead tried to prove that Kenyon was heavily influenced by metaphysical cults. A book written by Joe McIntyre reveals that Kenyon actually spoke against these kinds of cults and detested Christian Science. It's amazing how many people read books by these 'heresy hunters' without reading and studying any of the counter-evidence.

I think one of the most absurd allegations is the lie that Creflo Dollar denies the divinity of Christ. Pretty crazy, considering in his recent book, he calls Jesus God and also says Jesus is God on his website. Will these critics stop at nothing?

So my question is: If the critics are right, why use lies to prove your point? Why quote people out of context? It doesn't make sense. I also noticed that those who accuse certain preachers of heresy go around spreading heresies themselves. Like the heresy that Christians are not required to tithe and the heresy that God doesn't punish His children. I guess it's one of those "You who judge are guilty of what you accuse others of" kind of thing.

Upvote 0

ARBITER01

Legend
Aug 12, 2007
✟164,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Christians need to beware of calling ministers heretics and false prophets. Did you know that if you do a web search of any nationally recognized preacher, there will be people who talk negative of them?

We have been around this block a few times on here already.

If Christians do stupid soulish things in front of folks, then they should not be surprised when they are called out on them. It is part of the territory.

We are to walk worthy of our calling, and the only way that we can do that is to try our hardest to fashion our ministry after how Jesus did things. If He didn't do something like others are, then we shouldn't do it. If He did something a certain way before folks, then we should also or be seeking GOD to operate in that power He did to do so.

Now take that standard Jesus gave us and compare it to the folks out there and see how many really meet it. It is easy to find the false prophets and heretics since many are just that,.. false prophets and heretics. They are running under the banner of Christianity when in fact they are only promoting churchianity.

Upvote 0

WileyCoyote

Contributor
Dec 4, 2007
✟54,975.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
We have been around this block a few times on here already.

If Christians do stupid soulish things in front of folks, then they should not be surprised when they are called out on them. It is part of the territory.

We are to walk worthy of our calling, and the only way that we can do that is to try our hardest to fashion our ministry after how Jesus did things. If He didn't do something like others are, then we shouldn't do it. If He did something a certain way before folks, then we should also or be seeking GOD to operate in that power He did to do so.

Now take that standard Jesus gave us and compare it to the folks out there and see how many really meet it. It is easy to find the false prophets and heretics since many are just that,.. false prophets and heretics. They are running under the banner of Christianity when in fact they are only promoting churchianity.
Jesus says we will do the works He did and greater works as well. If some have been blessed with the ability to do greater works than Jesus, how can they use Jesus as a model of how to do it when He never performed such a miracle? How can we imitate Jesus in something He never did? Just curious.

Upvote 0

ARBITER01

Legend
Aug 12, 2007
✟164,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Jesus says we will do the works He did and greater works as well. If some have been blessed with the ability to do greater works than Jesus, how can they use Jesus as a model of how to do it when He never performed such a miracle? How can we imitate Jesus in something He never did? Just curious.

Look at the passage,..

Joh 14:12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, he that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto the Father.
The minimal standard is His works He did before the greater works began to manifest. No one get's to bypass what Jesus did in power, nor should we be expecting a person to be operating in that capacity overnight.

Upvote 0

WileyCoyote

Contributor
Dec 4, 2007
✟54,975.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Look at the passage,..

The minimal standard is His works He did before the greater works began to manifest. No one get's to bypass what Jesus did in power, nor should we be expecting a person to be operating in that capacity overnight.

Que? I guess I'm not understanding your interpretation of such a clear cut verse. Jesus says greater works than these shall he do..... It appears that some of the disciples after him operated in that. Peter's shadow healed people. Does the scriptures say anywhere that Jesus's shadow healed anyone?

Upvote 0

Svt4Him

Legend
Site Supporter
Oct 23, 2003
Visit site
✟53,618.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Peter Popoff is a false prophet. This is fact, and has been well documented by me in a different thread about him. If anyone was to ask about him, I'd say the same thing. He preaches Christ for gain, as you will see all his prophecies are contingent upon you sending him a seed faith gift of...well it totaled over $200 in the first week after receiving his miracle Russian spring water.

So in this case, where it's proven (and James Randi did a show on him) and based on solid facts. is there an issue? Because if it's acceptable then, everyone will think they have truth and facts when they expose these 'false prophets' or 'heretics'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxqRN5vjDHQ

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

WileyCoyote

Contributor
Dec 4, 2007
✟54,975.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Peter Popoff is a false prophet. This is fact, and has been well documented by me in a different thread about him. If anyone was to ask about him, I'd say the same thing. He preaches Christ for gain, as you will see all his prophecies are contingent upon you sending him a seed faith gift of...well it totaled over $200 in the first week after receiving his miracle Russian spring water.

So in this case, where it's proven (and James Randi did a show on him) and based on solid facts. is there an issue? Because if it's acceptable then, everyone will think they have truth and facts when they expose these 'false prophets' or 'heretics'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxqRN5vjDHQ

You know, the thing that really irritates me with the likes of Peter Popoff (and Robert Tilton as well) is the fact that they HAVE been shown to be false but yet you see them on BET all the time. Why? They ARE crooks. So why are they always on BET? And this may be a coincidence but when you watch one of Peter Popoff's 'healing services', you always see a lot of black folks in the background and black folks giving testimonies. Could it possibly be a conspiracy? You know, using these two crooks to steal money from black people? It just makes me wonder. . .

Upvote 0

ARBITER01

Legend
Aug 12, 2007
✟164,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Que? I guess I'm not understanding your interpretation of such a clear cut verse. Jesus says greater works than these shall he do..... It appears that some of the disciples after him operated in that. Peter's shadow healed people. Does the scriptures say anywhere that Jesus's shadow healed anyone?

Maybe you are not trying to understand such a "clear cut verse."

Did Peter jump out doing such greater things the next day after Pentecost? Obviously not.

Did he not pronounce healing to the begger just like Jesus did in his examples before such greater activities started happening through Peter? Yes he did.

Nowhere in scripture did Jesus promise us to just jump out there doing greater things than He did without learning the ropes from The Father as a Son.

Did Peter or John or any of them do something greater than the transfiguration on the mount before folks right after they were born again in Pentecost? If so, scripture doesn't describe it for us.

Upvote 0

WileyCoyote

Contributor
Dec 4, 2007
✟54,975.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Maybe you are not trying to understand such a "clear cut verse."

Did Peter jump out doing such greater things the next day after Pentecost? Obviously not.

Did he not pronounce healing to the begger just like Jesus did in his examples before such greater activities started happening through Peter? Yes he did.

Nowhere in scripture did Jesus promise us to just jump out there doing greater things than He did without learning the ropes from The Father as a Son.

Did Peter or John or any of them do something greater than the transfiguration on the mount before folks right after they were born again in Pentecost? If so, scripture doesn't describe it for us.
That's not quite what I meant. I believe that we must grow up in the things of the Lord first before He trusts any of us with power. The Bible says that the heir differs nothing from a servant as long as he remains a child. We have to GROW into the things of God. Then He will trust us with the power to go about doing all Jesus did and greater things. No, I don't believe God puts spiritual babies on the battlefield. That would be the equivelant of giving a five year old a loaded handgun. We have to mature to the point where the Lord trusts us with His power.

Upvote 0

ARBITER01

Legend
Aug 12, 2007
✟164,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
That's not quite what I meant. I believe that we must grow up in the things of the Lord first before He trusts any of us with power. The Bible says that the heir differs nothing from a servant as long as he remains a child. We have to GROW into the things of God. Then He will trust us with the power to go about doing all Jesus did and greater things. No, I don't believe God puts spiritual babies on the battlefield. That would be the equivelant of giving a five year old a loaded handgun. We have to mature to the point where the Lord trusts us with His power.

Exactly. That was what I was saying in my post before. The greater things are not going to manifest without the more standard things that Jesus did listed in scripture happening first. The greater things can happen since He is on the throne and His kingdom flows down to us in the body, but His standard in scripture would still be our standard to reach for first.

If people are not even doing the standard things that Jesus did in scripture, they certainly are not going to be doing anything greater, nor should we be calling those things they do out of context of scripture great.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tamara224

Jan 13, 2006
Wyoming
✟40,734.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
The global collapse of world economies and or global war with Russia over energy is occurring right before our eyes-when will you wake to what is the foundation of any civilized industrialized country- ENERGY- I HAVE SOLVED IT- pressure Princeton university to replicate my experiment to verify- over 19 months i still wait- Lets see how long it takes to uncover

I love the man called jesus-a life of struggle and sacrifice for the betterment of mankind- this is the highest principle of life to live-struggle in any form- you want a strong body- train hard all the time- take one week off and you deteriorate- want a strong mind-read and learn everything as often as you can-want an enlightened soul- love god with all your heart and soul and struggle and sacrifice for the betterment of mankind-Life is a struggle- I wouldn't have it any other way- Free will

Moses and Mohamed are brothers of the same entity- one with a staff-one with a sword- for man needs to understand discipline- and our duty continues until all submit to the chosen one of peace and love- one that sits at the right hand of the father- the Christ- man of peace- our duty continues under god

* my name is Solomon Sami Azar-born on the 13th January-1965. I have combined the century old ideas of Tesla and Einstein to produce safe nuclear fusion of heavy water in order to end the energy crisis- When the scientific community has found this and understands -the energy crisis will be over along with talks of greenhouse gases-I have been guided to this discovery by the heavens- by a force in this universe we are all connected to in spirit and pray to in the name of god- I have put together many signs and connections to form the big picture- I am a messenger of GOD---I have been sent by heaven to declare An Age of Unity has begun- world war 2 was Armageddon signified by two atomic bombs-An age of unity has begun

:D

Upvote 0

JimB

Legend
Jul 12, 2004
Nacogdoches, Texas
Visit site
✟34,757.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The global collapse of world economies and or global war with Russia over energy is occurring right before our eyes-when will you wake to what is the foundation of any civilized industrialized country- ENERGY- I HAVE SOLVED IT- pressure Princeton university to replicate my experiment to verify- over 19 months i still wait- Lets see how long it takes to uncover

I love the man called jesus-a life of struggle and sacrifice for the betterment of mankind- this is the highest principle of life to live-struggle in any form- you want a strong body- train hard all the time- take one week off and you deteriorate- want a strong mind-read and learn everything as often as you can-want an enlightened soul- love god with all your heart and soul and struggle and sacrifice for the betterment of mankind-Life is a struggle- I wouldn't have it any other way- Free will

Moses and Mohamed are brothers of the same entity- one with a staff-one with a sword- for man needs to understand discipline- and our duty continues until all submit to the chosen one of peace and love- one that sits at the right hand of the father- the Christ- man of peace- our duty continues under god

* my name is Solomon Sami Azar-born on the 13th January-1965. I have combined the century old ideas of Tesla and Einstein to produce safe nuclear fusion of heavy water in order to end the energy crisis- When the scientific community has found this and understands -the energy crisis will be over along with talks of greenhouse gases-I have been guided to this discovery by the heavens- by a force in this universe we are all connected to in spirit and pray to in the name of god- I have put together many signs and connections to form the big picture- I am a messenger of GOD---I have been sent by heaven to declare An Age of Unity has begun- world war 2 was Armageddon signified by two atomic bombs-An age of unity has begun

:eek: Are you sure you are in the right forum?

~Jim

God brings us into deep waters not to drown us, but to cleanse us.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.