victoria
✟30,228.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
"April 1970, Erlich in Mademoiselle: “Population will inevitably and completely outstrip whatever small increases in food supplies we make. The death rate will increase until at least 100-200 million people per year will be starving to death during the next ten years.”

Erlich was not alone. In the early 1970s, a host of voices supported his beliefs.

Harvard biologist and Nobel Prize winner George Wald, speaking at the University of Rhode Island in November 1970: “Civilization will end within 15 or 30 years unless immediate action is taken against problems facing mankind.”

-- in July 2009, then-Prince Charles chimed in, asserting the planet had 96 months to avoid decimation: “…irretrievable climate and ecosystem collapse, and all that goes with it."

Knowing the religion of climate change is full of false prophets helps us to remember the actual future prophesied in the bible. Since the false prophets of climate change claim science for their false prophesies, that tells us something important as well.
Yes climate will be affected by the nuclear bombs and other machinations of wicked men and most of the population will die because of this same wickedness as well as the judgments of God. Meanwhile when they steal our jobs and wealth in the name of the climate we can know that it is a deception.

Joseph G

Saved by the grace of Jesus Christ
Dec 22, 2023
Austin
✟26,913.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I grew up in the 60's and 70's and remember the climate flip-flop well. I also remember all the foods that were good for you, and then bad, and now good again. Yawn..

It's all the devil's game of obsessing on the temporal so as to ignore the real threat: resolving the eternal destination of our souls. Jesus saves!

Upvote 0

truthpls

Oct 16, 2023
victoria
✟30,228.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I grew up in the 60's and 70's and remember the climate flip-flop well. I also remember all the foods that were good for you, and then bad, and now good again. Yawn..

It's all the devil's game of obsessing on the temporal so as to ignore the real threat: resolving the eternal destination of our souls. Jesus saves!
When a prophet speaks and it is false God says we know that prophet is not of Him. The climate freaks are not of Him. We do have some idea of what to expect. Darkness a third of the day, and later all the day. Great heat so that men's tongues are swollen. Huge hailstones. Earthquakes like never imagined before. Trees and grass being burned up and water being poisoned. Something like over half of mankind killed, to name a few. I guess the ones preaching that population needs to be reduced will be happy. Kicking that whole last season of man off, the population will be reduced by Jesus talking all His people bodily out of the world. They are in for some climate changes all right. But the causes will not be what they claim. Meanwhile, the people fearmongering about climate issues and taxing your money away and ruining businesses and such are merely thieves and liars and false prophets. It is, I would think a sin to believe them.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
"April 1970, Erlich in Mademoiselle: “Population will inevitably and completely outstrip whatever small increases in food supplies we make. The death rate will increase until at least 100-200 million people per year will be starving to death during the next ten years.”

Erlich was not alone. In the early 1970s, a host of voices supported his beliefs.

Harvard biologist and Nobel Prize winner George Wald, speaking at the University of Rhode Island in November 1970: “Civilization will end within 15 or 30 years unless immediate action is taken against problems facing mankind.”

-- in July 2009, then-Prince Charles chimed in, asserting the planet had 96 months to avoid decimation: “…irretrievable climate and ecosystem collapse, and all that goes with it."

Knowing the religion of climate change is full of false prophets helps us to remember the actual future prophesied in the bible. Since the false prophets of climate change claim science for their false prophesies, that tells us something important as well.
Yes climate will be affected by the nuclear bombs and other machinations of wicked men and most of the population will die because of this same wickedness as well as the judgments of God. Meanwhile when they steal our jobs and wealth in the name of the climate we can know that it is a deception.
When one looks at climate over the entire documented history it shows climatic occurrences have always been happening ... and they always will no matter what we do (until the Lord returns). To think man can control the earths climate is the height of arrogance and for people to believe such is the height of foolishness.

It's a power and money grab and nothing else.

Upvote 0

truthpls

Oct 16, 2023
victoria
✟30,228.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
When one looks at climate over the entire documented history it shows climatic occurrences have always been happening ... and they always will no matter what we do (until the Lord returns). To think man can control the earths climate is the height of arrogance and for people to believe such is the height of foolishness.

It's a power and money grab and nothing else.
I tend to agree. Especially since we know the world will still be here and people living etc when Jesus returns to rule it

Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
When a prophet speaks and it is false God says we know that prophet is not of Him. The climate freaks are not of Him. We do have some idea of what to expect. Darkness a third of the day, and later all the day. Great heat so that men's tongues are swollen. Huge hailstones. Earthquakes like never imagined before. Trees and grass being burned up and water being poisoned. Something like over half of mankind killed, to name a few. I guess the ones preaching that population needs to be reduced will be happy. Kicking that whole last season of man off, the population will be reduced by Jesus talking all His people bodily out of the world. They are in for some climate changes all right. But the causes will not be what they claim. Meanwhile, the people fearmongering about climate issues and taxing your money away and ruining businesses and such are merely thieves and liars and false prophets. It is, I would think a sin to believe them.

All I see is somebody attacking strawmen. Paul Erlich and King Charles are not climate scientists.

Upvote 0

truthpls

Oct 16, 2023
victoria
✟30,228.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
All I see is somebody attacking strawmen. Paul Erlich and King Charles are not climate scientists.
False prophets do not have to be 'scientists' Not sure where you got that idea. We can say they all USE the word science as if science was behind their false prophesies. Strawman argument

Upvote 0

Tuur

Oct 12, 2022
Southeast
✟48,344.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not sure where you got that idea.
Maybe because science is supposed to be a non-prophet organization?

Be that as it may, pointing out failures in predictions is hardly setting up a strawman argument. About twenty years or so ago, there was a paper that showed the predictions did less well than a random walk. Of course, that was two decades or so ago, but it's hardly a strawman when AGW advocates are the ones who make them. Such as the prediction in 1988 that the Maldives would be underwater by 2018. Here, in 2024, they're still above water.

Upvote 0

truthpls

Oct 16, 2023
victoria
✟30,228.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Maybe because science is supposed to be a non-prophet organization?
In what universe? Organization? No predictions? No profits?
Be that as it may, pointing out failures in predictions is hardly setting up a strawman argument. About twenty years or so ago, there was a paper that showed the predictions did less well than a random walk. Of course, that was two decades or so ago, but it's hardly a strawman when AGW advocates are the ones who make them. Such as the prediction in 1988 that the Maldives would be underwater by 2018. Here, in 2024, they're still above water.
OK, I agree there were failed predictions

Upvote 0

Merrill

Mar 25, 2023
Chicago
✟56,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Climate science has been completely politicized, and the people claiming that global warming is going to destroy the planet in 20 years, are the people paid to study global warming

Activists, politicians, and even monarchs, fly around on private jets to "climate conferences". Wealthy people who seem to be concerned about the planet are still building vast, oceanfront estates, and insurance firms complaining that climate change is causing bigger storms and increased claims, are happy to insure these mansions.

Global climate change predictions are notoriously difficult to make. And yet some scientists are happy to make wild claims about future change and even past.

I'd like to remind everyone that we are coming out of a little ice-age, and that for most of Earth's history, there were no polar ice-caps. The planet is warming regardless of what human's do. Does that mean we should dump CO2 into the atmosphere with impunity? Of course not. But the idea that we are going to completely reverse the warming, or even slow it down 80-90% is a complete fantasy.

Crying about climate change is typically virtue-signaling by people who want to feel good about something they cannot impact.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Climate science has been completely politicized, and the people claiming that global warming is going to destroy the planet in 20 years, are the people paid to study global warming

Activists, politicians, and even monarchs, fly around on private jets to "climate conferences". Wealthy people who seem to be concerned about the planet are still building vast, oceanfront estates, and insurance firms complaining that climate change is causing bigger storms and increased claims, are happy to insure these mansions.

Not in Florida. Several big insurers have withdrawn from the state.

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican

I agree. Although I believe climate change is very real, a lot of these so-called "warnings" are nothing but scare tactics to control the masses.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Climate change is real, have no doubt about it. What causes it is the debate and whether or not it's
a natural happening.

What the co-founder of Greenpeace, a scientist, speak about it here;

Reactions: Michael Snow
Upvote 0

Merrill

Mar 25, 2023
Chicago
✟56,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not in Florida. Several big insurers have withdrawn from the state.
I insurance companies legitimately worried about global warming, ice caps melting, etc., they wouldn't simply pull out of Florida

they wouldn't insure any coastal developments anywhere. If seas levels rise by 10 feet, it will affect the entire global, not simply Florida

• Agree
Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
I insurance companies legitimately worried about global warming, ice caps melting, etc., they wouldn't simply pull out of Florida

they wouldn't insure any coastal developments anywhere. If seas levels rise by 10 feet, it will affect the entire global, not simply Florida

Storm flooding is expected to intensify as a result of Climate Change, and this is what insurers are looking at when withdrawing from Florida.

• Agree
Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,220.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens

I like how you RAIL against false climate prophets.
And then go on to quote 0 climatologists.

It's interesting now they don't include the predictions that have been correct.

Upvote 0

truthpls

Oct 16, 2023
victoria
✟30,228.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I like how you RAIL against false climate prophets.
And then go on to quote 0 climatologists.
A quick search resulted in one for you

"The ultimate test for a climate model is the accuracy of its predictions. But the models predicted that there would be much greater warming between 1998 and 2014 than actually happened. If the models were doing a good job, their predictions would cluster symmetrically around the actual measured temperatures. That was not the case here; a mere 2.4 percent of the predictions undershot actual temperatures and 97.6 percent overshot, according to Cato Institute climatologist Patrick Michaels, former MIT meteorologist Richard Lindzen, and Cato Institute climate researcher Chip Knappenberger. Climate models as a group have been “running hot,” predicting about 2.2 times as much warming as actually occurred over 1998–2014. Of course, this doesn’t mean that no warming is occurring, but, rather, that the models’ forecasts were exaggerated"

Happy now?
It's interesting now they don't include the predictions that have been correct.
If a psychic was wrong, say, 40% of the time, how is it we would focus on the things she seemed to be right about? In the bible, when a prophet was false on anything, God said to gong them.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟368,220.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
A quick search resulted in one for you

"The ultimate test for a climate model is the accuracy of its predictions. But the models predicted that there would be much greater warming between 1998 and 2014 than actually happened. If the models were doing a good job, their predictions would cluster symmetrically around the actual measured temperatures. That was not the case here; a mere 2.4 percent of the predictions undershot actual temperatures and 97.6 percent overshot, according to Cato Institute climatologist Patrick Michaels, former MIT meteorologist Richard Lindzen, and Cato Institute climate researcher Chip Knappenberger. Climate models as a group have been “running hot,” predicting about 2.2 times as much warming as actually occurred over 1998–2014. Of course, this doesn’t mean that no warming is occurring, but, rather, that the models’ forecasts were exaggerated"

Happy now?
Models are are not predictions and they are not really considered predictions within the scientific community. Even still, some models are high, some are low and some are close to bang on.

Knappenburger last published over 20 years ago and Lindzen is literally just a shill; his studies are ALWAYS paid for by O&G or coal. I mean, I don't think he's actually done any peer reviewed and published research in the area in almost 20 years either

How reliable are climate models?

If a psychic was wrong, say, 40% of the time, how is it we would focus on the things she seemed to be right about? In the bible, when a prophet was false on anything, God said to gong them.
Maybe it's because you are missing a lot of information how how that comparison is balderdash

Upvote 0

truthpls

Oct 16, 2023
victoria
✟30,228.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Models are are not predictions and they are not really considered predictions within the scientific community. Even still, some models are high, some are low and some are close to bang on.
Same with psychics.
Knappenburger last published over 20 years ago and Lindzen is literally just a shill; his studies are ALWAYS paid for by O&G or coal. I mean, I don't think he's actually done any peer reviewed and published research in the area in almost 20 years either
So a false prophet needs to have posted recent predictions? Ha You asked for a climatologistand got one.
Maybe it's because you are missing a lot of information how how that comparison is balderdash
Or maybe not. Maybe once a prophet is exposed as false that is all the info I need.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟368,220.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Why would they not? It seems like that is EXACTLY what they would do. Remember: It's not just that Florida has to worry about flooding, they also get pummeled by increasingly powerful (and frequent) hurricanes.

If sea levels rise by 2 feet, a lot of florida is in trouble.

Upvote 0