Drax

Dominate
Oct 6, 2010
✟8,531.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Could someone please tell me what "WORD OF FAITH" means, are these the same as Charismatic or different, obiviously I have NO clue, could you explain the two?? Biblically of course, and theologically not with opinions...

Thanks in Advance:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I know pastors in both camps. They've told me that charismatic merely means that you don't believe the Gifts have ceased, while Word of Faith means that you have authority from God to speak things into existence. Charismatics can exist in non-charismatic denominations (like charismatic Presbyterians or Methodists), while Pentecostals are Charismatics in their own charismatic denominations. Word of Faith followers are a specific kind of Pentecostal who believe that they can speak their own healing, prosperity, etc into being - as long as they have sufficient faith. Sometimes that faith has to be demonstrated through "seed" offerings or similar things.

Word of Faith is not universally accepted among all Charismatics/Pentecostals, because they don't all think that God's gifts work that way. For instance: Charismatics/Pentecostals might pray and lay on hands for healing, hoping or believing that healing will come. Word of Faith followers might lay on hands, declare that healing has come, and be absolutely 100% convinced that they were healed.

Sorry that I can't provide biblical sources as you requested. :) But what I shared is how they distinguish one from another here in my area.

Reactions: OnlyBelieve
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Could someone please tell me what "WORD OF FAITH" means, are these the same as Charismatic or different, obiviously I have NO clue, could you explain the two?? Biblically of course, and theologically not with opinions...

Thanks in Advance:thumbsup::thumbsup:
You may want to ask about that from WOF members. Hope this helps :wave:

http://www.christianforums.com/f400/
Word of Faith This is a forum for Word of Faith movement members.

http://www.christianforums.com/t7586769/#post58360133
Word of Faith Statement of Faith

A few things to know about us:

Reactions: OnlyBelieve
Upvote 0