Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
The Kingdom of His dear Son
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Plan A

He is the propitiation for our sins: and not for our sins only/monon, but also for the sins of the whole ungodly multitude.

Alternate Plan B -The New Radical Unbelievers Bible-

He is the propitiation for our sins: and for our sins only, and not for the sins of the whole ungodly multitude.

The Lord of hosts shall make unto all people a banquet of rich food, a banquet of matured wine, of rich food full of goodness. And He will destroy the face of the covering cast over all peoples, and the veil that is spread over all nations. He will swallow up death in victory and the Lord God will wipe away all tears from off all faces...for the Living Life says!

I cannot tell how He will win the nations,

How He will claim His earthly heritage,

How satisfy the needs and aspirations

Of East and West, of sinner and of sage.

But this I know, all flesh shall see His glory,

And He shall reap the harvest He has sown,

And some glad day His sun shall shine in splendor

When He the Savior, Savior of the world is known.

I cannot tell how all the lands shall worship
When, at His bidding, every storm is stilled,

Or who can say how great the jubilation

When all the hearts of men with love are filled.

But this I know, the skies will thrill with rapture,

And myriad, myriad human voices sing,

And earth to Heaven, and Heaven to earth, will answer:

At last the Savior, Savior of the world is King!~

Upvote 0

Havahope

Dec 1, 2005
✟15,747.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
FineLinen said:
Alternate Plan B -The New Radical Unbelievers Bible-

He is the propitiation for our sins: and for our sins only, and not for the sins of the whole ungodly multitude

And "Plan B" doesn't even mention that "In due time Christ died for the ungodly." But yet proceeds to say that the greater number of the ungodly for whom Christ died will be damned to an eternal hell.

Upvote 0

EchoPneuma

Sep 27, 2005
In a galaxy far far away...
✟3,335.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Havahope said:

And "Plan B" doesn't even mention that "In due time Christ died for the ungodly." But yet proceeds to say that the greater number of the ungodly for whom Christ died will be damned to an eternal hell.

THen why did He pay for their sins, if they are going to have to pay for them themselves by an eternity in hell?

Did He suffer in vain?

Upvote 0

Soul Searcher

The kingdom is within
Apr 27, 2005
West Virginia
✟39,544.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
EchoPneuma said:
THen why did He pay for their sins, if they are going to have to pay for them themselves by an eternity in hell?

Did He suffer in vain?
It seems that some would have us believe that he did suffer in vain. :sigh:

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom

Havahope said:

Search= Eternal Hell

Your search query for 'eternal hell' has yielded no results. Please modify your search query and try again.

God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto Himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them....2 Cor. 5:19

The World= Kosmos=

The ungodly multitude.

The whole mass of men alienated from God and hostile to Christ.

The world/ the universe.

The circle of the earth/ the inhabitants of the earth.

"God was in Christ, reconciling the whole ungodly multitude, the whole mass of humanity alienated from God unto Himself."

Reconciling= Katallasso=

To return to favour. To receive into favour.

To change/ exchange.

Katallasso rooted in Allasso

Allasso=

To change/ exchange one thing for another. To transform.

"God was in Christ returning to favour the whole alienated and hostile mass of humanity unto Himself..."

Dr. Marvin Vincent N.T. Word Studies

1. God is the Prime-mover in the work of reconciliation. It is God (emphatic ) It was God, as in verse 18.

2. The Father is the Prime-mover through Christ as the Medium.

3. "Was reconciling" (hn katallasswn). These words are to be construed together; the participle with the finite verb marking the process of reconciliation.

4. The emphasis is on the fact that the Father was reconciling, not on the fact that God was in Christ. God was all through and behind the process of reconciliation. The primary reference of the statement is, no doubt, to God's reconciling manifestation in the incarnation and death of Christ; yet, as a fact, it includes much more. God was engaged in reconciling the world from the very beginning, and that in Christ. -Dr. Marvin Vincent-

HERE

The Love Of God Reaches To The Lowest Hell!

HERE

Upvote 0

red77

blah blah blah........
Mar 21, 2006
Nottingham, UK
✟16,731.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
FineLinen said:

Search= Eternal Hell

The World= Kosmos=

The ungodly multitude.

The whole mass of men alienated from God and hostile to Christ.

The world/ the universe.

The circle of the earth/ the inhabitants of the earth.

Reconciling= Katallasso=

To return to favour. To receive into favour.

To change/ exchange.

Katallasso rooted in Allasso

Allasso=

To change/ exchange one thing for another. To transform.

"God was in Christ returning to favour the whole alienated and hostile mass of humanity unto Himself..."

1. God is the Prime-mover in the work of reconciliation. It is God (emphatic ) It was God, as in verse 18.

2. The Father is the Prime-mover through Christ as the Medium.

3. "Was reconciling" (hn katallasswn). These words are to be construed together; the participle with the finite verb marking the process of reconciliation.

4. The emphasis is on the fact that the Father was reconciling, not on the fact that God was in Christ. God was all through and behind the process of reconciliation. The primary reference of the statement is, no doubt, to God's reconciling manifestation in the incarnation and death of Christ; yet, as a fact, it includes much more. God was engaged in reconciling the world from the very beginning, and that in Christ. -Dr. Marvin Vincent-

HERE

The Love Of God Reaches To The Lowest Hell!

HERE

inspiring words...............:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

gort

pedantric
Sep 18, 2003
Visit site
✟26,872.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
KCDAD quotes:

But death is the wage of sin, so we can't be born dead. We can be born separate from the spiritual father if you look at birth as the "de-spiritualization" of our spirits. Our spirits become souls, so to speak, for a lifetime. So yes we are separate, or in sin, from God at birth... however, death is not the same as punishment. As Paul said, to die is gain. Death will be our reward, for the way to reunite with God has already been plotted for us by Jesus.

I'd said "spiritually dead" to God. Not the same as the wages of sin is death. Nor not the same as Paul said.

Upvote 0

gort

pedantric
Sep 18, 2003
Visit site
✟26,872.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Merzbow quotes:

You're rewinding the clock back about 30 posts. I stated that one cannot hold the belief that there is an unforgivable sin and yet still believe in sola fide - because by committing the UfS (let's abbreviate this) one irreversibly contrains one's future actions, even so far that one cannot be saved by exercising faith in Christ. This is a contradiction of sola fide. You have yet to respond to this argument.

I've explained my views between cheap Grace and real Grace.

Your question is very broad. Are you wanting to argue from the point of cheap grace?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

gort

pedantric
Sep 18, 2003
Visit site
✟26,872.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
EP quotes:

Did He suffer in vain?

SS quotes:
It seems that some would have us believe that he did suffer in vain.

Sorry lads, but nobody can pay for their sins.

Upvote 0

Havahope

Dec 1, 2005
✟15,747.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
daneel said:
According to the doctrine of eternal torment, some do pay for their sins by spending eternity in hell.
But that is not the point. The scripture says that Christ died for the ungodly. But you say that the greatest portion of the ungodly is going to suffer eternal torment despite the fact that Jesus died for them. And if this be the case, then His death was in vain and He has failed in His mission.

Upvote 0

EchoPneuma

Sep 27, 2005
✟3,335.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
daneel said:
Already posted somewhere else, but I'll repeat it.

I don't judge unto condemnation.

I don't add the the word of God.

You are lucky that there are no archives on this forum for me to access, or I would show how you have told a fib and DID SAY OUTRIGHT that babies go to hell when they die.

But it says enough right here that you won't just come out and say "NO, babies aren't going to hell if they die".

I will say it, and I'm not adding ANYTHING to the word of God...so your excuse for not saying so is just a cover to not have to admit what you really believe.

Upvote 0

red77

blah blah blah........
Mar 21, 2006
Nottingham, UK
✟16,731.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
daneel said:
Already posted somewhere else, but I'll repeat it.

I don't judge unto condemnation.

I don't add the the word of God.

We can only sin once we've been made aware of the difference between right and wrong....... my views on ET are that its pointles and cruel for any being of any age to have to endure........

One big thing that still hits me is that no human being has a choice but to be here, one day we just exist on this planet and make our lives as we go along..........

Its another reason for UR as far as I'm concerned, this life is a gift, no conditions attached, God knows we will have pain in this life on all sorts of levels but at the end it will all pass away

I think and hope that people will not only be reconciled with God in the afterlife but also with each other.....no matter what their beliefs happen to be.............

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

EchoPneuma

Sep 27, 2005
✟3,335.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
daneel said:

Then what are they going to hell for?

Rejection of Jesus....RIGHT??

Isn't that a SIN???

Therefore, they ARE having to go to hell (according to you) to PAY for their sins.

Upvote 0

gort

pedantric
Sep 18, 2003
Visit site
✟26,872.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Havahope quotes:

According to the doctrine of eternal torment, some do pay for their sins by spending eternity in hell.
But that is not the point.

According to the bible, no one can pay for their sins. That's called works and not Grace.

The scripture says that Christ died for the ungodly.

We are all guilty of sin.

Rom 3:23 for all have sinned and come short of the glory of God,

But you say that the greatest portion of the ungodly is going to suffer eternal torment despite the fact that Jesus died for them. And if this be the case, then His death was in vain and He has failed in His mission

logical fallacy via faulty mind reading powers...;)

Upvote 0

gort

pedantric
Sep 18, 2003
Visit site
✟26,872.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
EP quotes:

You are lucky that there are no archives on this forum for me to access, or I would show how you have told a fib and DID SAY OUTRIGHT that babies go to hell when they die.

Ok. Call me a liar. I still forgive you though. :)

But it says enough right here that you won't just come out and say "NO, babies aren't going to hell if they die".

Already posted: I don't add to the word of God. I don't judge unto condemnation. thank you very much...

note: pssst.....my last word on the subject

I will say it, and I'm not adding ANYTHING to the word of God...so your excuse for not saying so is just a cover to not have to admit what you really believe.

see above note

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
daneel said:
To the adoration...?

Yes, all knees will bend. All will be subject to Him. Even the enemies beneath His footstool.

Every tongue shall confess Jesus is LOrd.

And all to the Glory of God.

Unfortunately, "to the adoration of..." is not shown in the Scriptures.

"To the glory of God the Father"

Glory= Dovxa =

Magnificence, excellence, preeminence, majesty, excellency.

You should also note that every knee, and every tongue, in every dimension of our Father's world, (celestial, terrestial and subterrean), ultimately bows in kampto worship of willing homage IN the Name of Jesus, and not simply at the sound of His glorious Name. This, laddy, is not perfunctory genuflections but celebration of willing worship!

Phil. 2:10,11

"It is because of this also that God has so highly exalted Him, and has conferred on Him the Name which is supreme above every other name, In order that in the Name of Jesus (so that in adoration of the Name of Jesus) every knee should bow, of beings in the highest heavens, of those on the earth, and of those in the underworld, and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."

Kampto= bow=

Used of worshippers.

To bow one's self.

Confess= Exomologeo=

Confess/ profess.

A. To acknowledge openly and joyfully.

B. To celebrate/ to give praise to.

Exomologeo Rooted In Homologeo
Homologeo=

To confess/ declare.

A. To profess/ declare openly and freely.

B. To profess one's self the worshipper of one.

C. To praise and celebrate.

Hina en onomo lesous pas gonu kampto epouranios kai epigeious kai katachthonios kai pas glossa hoti lesous Christos kurios eis doxa Theos Pater.

All Hail The Power Of Jesus Name

http://www.cyberhymnal.org/htm/a/h/ahtpojn.htm

Robertsons Word Pictures

....not perfunctory genuflections whenever the name of Jesus is mentioned, but universal acknowledgement of the majesty and power of Jesus who carries His human name and nature to heaven. The universal homage to Jesus is seen....

Upvote 0

gort

pedantric
Sep 18, 2003
Visit site
✟26,872.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
red77 quotes:

We can only sin once we've been made aware of the difference between right and wrong....... my views on ET are that its pointles and cruel for any being of any age to have to endure........

We're born with a sin nature that must be washed clean by the blood of Christ Jesus.

One big thing that still hits me is that no human being has a choice but to be here, one day we just exist on this planet and make our lives as we go along..........

It's a great and wonderful gift.

I think and hope that people will not only be reconciled with God

God desires all to come to repentence through the beloved Son...

...in the afterlife...

We have this life and then the Judgement

but also with each other.....

Well, faulty mind reading powers are somewhat of a hindrance...

no matter what their beliefs happen to be.............

I disagree.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.