Computer Room :)
✟7,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't. And I know of many other Christians who do not continue sinning deliberately. So where does your "we all ... Every one of us" come from?

So are you denying the truth of the content of Hebrews 10:26-27?

1 Jn 1:8-10

8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.

Upvote 0

SoulBap6

Sep 12, 2011
✟8,358.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
The Book of Hebrews is Christ is better than all the Old Prophets and Superior to all that the Jews knew. Here we have Jews that have been taught about Christ and know the truth but rejecting Christ, those that persevere are the Saints. Christ only died once. Today we have people such as the Hebrews that come to knowledge of the truth and reject Jesus Christ. I am reminded in 1 John 1:9 perfection was Jesus Christ but as a Christian we need to remember 1 John 2:1,2 this passage was made for the believer.

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
1 Jn 1:8-10

8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.

Understand that this context is for those who are hearing the Word for the first time. If I walk up to someone who has yet to be reborn in Christ, and tell them Christ has died for their sins and for them to repent, they might reply this way, and that is what this verse is talking about. Otherwise, John would have immediately contradicted himself two chapters later when he said this:

1 John 3

9 No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God’s seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Understand that this context is for those who are hearing the Word for the first time. If I walk up to someone who has yet to be reborn in Christ, and tell them Christ has died for their sins and for them to repent, they might reply this way, and that is what this verse is talking about. Otherwise, John would have immediately contradicted himself two chapters later when he said this:

1 John 3

9 No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God’s seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God.

Christians are sinless?

Upvote 0

CRCampbell

Aug 19, 2013
✟7,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

1 John 3

Read 1 John 2:1-2

2 My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have an advocate with the Father—Jesus Christ, the Righteous One. 2 He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.

He's writing to believers, so believers DO sin. True believers don't live a lifestyle marked by it.

Paul talks about the same thing, where he says in Romans about how his flesh wages war against the new man.

Context, context, context.

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
^^^The context there does not negate what is said only 1 chapter later. Dont leave out the next verses!!

3 We know that we have come to know him if we keep his commands. 4 Whoever says, &#8220;I know him,&#8221; but does not do what he commands is a liar, and the truth is not in that person. 5 But if anyone obeys his word, love for God[a] is truly made complete in them. This is how we know we are in him: 6 Whoever claims to live in him must live as Jesus did. <- And Christ lived sinlessly in full devotion to God. This is why there is no contradiction in the coming verses.

What is the difference of sinning everyday and not having a "lifestyle marked by it," as you would put it?

Do they still sin?

Paul and John both state that someone reborn in Spirit will no longer deliberately sin nor live in sin.

Hebrews 10:26
1 John 3:6
1 John 3:9-10 (he repeats himself here)
1 John 5:18

These statements are very blunt, to the point, and hard to refute. That said, I know I still sin on a daily basis. So based on what these verses tell me, I have yet to be reborn. It is my understanding that if you sin everyday, then you're living in sin. How do you reconcile "I still sin" with the verses above?

Sadly, we are pinning Scripture against Scripture here, but context is everything! :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
^^^The context there does not negate what is said only 1 chapter later. Dont leave out the next verses!!

3 We know that we have come to know him if we keep his commands. 4 Whoever says, “I know him,” but does not do what he commands is a liar, and the truth is not in that person. 5 But if anyone obeys his word, love for God[a] is truly made complete in them. This is how we know we are in him: 6 Whoever claims to live in him must live as Jesus did. <- And Christ lived sinlessly in full devotion to God. This is why there is no contradiction in the coming verses.

What is the difference of sinning everyday and not having a "lifestyle marked by it," as you would put it?

Paul and John both state that someone reborn in Spirit will no longer deliberately sin nor live in sin.

These statements are very blunt, to the point, and hard to refute. That said, I know I still sin on a daily basis. So based on what these verses tell me, I have yet to be reborn. It is my understanding that if you sin everyday, then you're living in sin. How do you reconcile "I still sin" with the verses above?

Sadly, we are pinning Scripture against Scripture here, but context is everything! :D

So believers sin on accident?

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
So believers sin on accident?

Nope...sin, at least in my mind, is still based on a fallen, flesh-nature. Only the Blood and Spirit can save us from our own flesh.

Romans 8:3-4
New International Version (NIV)
3 For what the law was powerless to do because it was weakened by the flesh,[a] God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh to be a sin offering. And so he condemned sin in the flesh, 4 in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fully met in us, who do not live according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.

Why would Christ say this to this woman if it were not possible for her to do if she abided in Him?

John 8:11
New International Version (NIV)
11 &#8220;No one, sir,&#8221; she said.

&#8220;Then neither do I condemn you,&#8221; Jesus declared. &#8220;Go now and leave your life of sin.&#8221;

I don't find any where in the bible that teaches daily repentance for daily committing of sin. Repentance, as I read it, is a state of being, not a daily task or action that needs to be repeated over and over.

Luke 5:32
I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.&#8221;

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CRCampbell

Aug 19, 2013
✟7,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

3 We know that we have come to know him if we keep his commands. 4 Whoever says, &#8220;I know him,&#8221; but does not do what he commands is a liar, and the truth is not in that person. 5 But if anyone obeys his word, love for God[a] is truly made complete in them. This is how we know we are in him: 6 Whoever claims to live in him must live as Jesus did. <- And Christ lived sinlessly in full devotion to God. This is why there is no contradiction in the coming verses.

You're not putting those verses in their proper context. The issue at hand in Hebrews were Jews who were going back to OT sacrifices all over again. Read verses 26 through 39. Better yet, read the whole book again. Same with 1 John.

Paul and John do NOT state that we don't sin practically. They would be contradicting themselves from one section to the next. The practical issue at hand is that our sins are not counted against us (justification), because the blood of Jesus wipes them out when we go to the Father and confess them. Therefore, if the Spirit of Grace is in us, we are not living in sin (sins or sinning). God sees us as sinless because of what Christ has done on the cross. This is Grace. It's glorious and wonderful.

After we accept what Jesus did, our sins are gone. We can confess our future sins and they are forgiven. Under the Law, we couldn't do that because we were condemned.

Now, it's true that when we are born again, we experience a radical change. Some people quit doing things they once did. For instance, I quit viewing inappropriate contentography the instant God touched me. I've also no longer had the urge to drink. I stopped cussing as a matter of habit. This is all the work of the Spirit of Grace. But we still have to contend with the Old Man. Living our Christian life is the process of Sanctification, in which we become more like Christ.

I would like you to watch some videos. Ralph Yankee Arnold explains this in detail.

For some reason, I cannot post link at this time. Very frustrating. If you go to Youtube, search for Ralph Yankee Arnold "Living by Grace Makes God Look Good".

You can also search for user TLW1963's channel on You Tube as well. All of RYA's stuff is awesome. I never understood this when I first got saved back in 1992. I never understood what Grace truly was.

Upvote 0