nestoj

Feb 14, 2007
Niš
✟11,731.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Is the tone of my posts in Mariology & Hagiography section rude? This is something I don’t like with others so it would be only fair not to tolerate it within myself. Problem is that from my perspective I’m not this kind of debater and it’s darn hard to be objective about my own mistakes (if there are any regarding rudeness) when you are called a member of a “cult that worships dead people” and a “Merry worshipper”.For this reason, I would like that ones with enough time take a look at threads

http://www.christianforums.com/t5702916-bible-worship.html

http://www.christianforums.com/t5388652-stop-denying-that-you-worship-mary.html

http://www.christianforums.com/t5682182-saint-worship.html

and give me their judgment about my posts. I will take appropriate actions on my own conduct (and maybe stay only on TAW for some time) if the overall opinion is that I’ve lost tolerance for others.

nestoj
God helps

Orthosdoxa

Happy wife and mommy
Feb 11, 2003
nowhere
✟24,016.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I'm going to look in a moment, but I would say, stay at any rate. I've seen you be gracious when people, right here on TAW, have been VERY rude to you.

Most of us lose our temper with people who treat us like garbage at some point or other - it's part of the growing process, I suppose.

I can't slog through all those pages, but I saw a few of your posts and didn't see anything wrong. I can never get past page 1 or 2, though... seeing a dead horse getting beaten all over again is too nauseating for me.

If YOU feel wrong about it, delete it. But no one's perfect. Don't be too hard on yourself. I for one think you're a gem.

Upvote 0

SeraphimSarov

Пресвятая Богородица, спаси нас...
Feb 16, 2007
Nowhere
✟36,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Celibate
If you're going to debate in the Mariology forums, you have to look at it like it's a hockey game... it's rough, you're gonna bleed, and you're gonna make other people bleed. Nature of the game. I'm in there quite a bit, and I have not seen you post anything that is rude. Your ideas might make people angry, but that's not the same as being rude. Plenty of protestants have ideas that make me pretty angry, but that doesn't mean they were rude to me.

Upvote 0

MariaRegina

Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟115,460.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
All we have to say is that we are sinners, and the protestants assume that we are living in sin.

The OSAS Prots don't want to admit that they are sinners, because they are saved. This theology of course leads to pride, but they won't admit that.

:)

Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
Colorado Springs, Colorado
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The OSAS Prots don't want to admit that they are sinners, because they are saved. This theology of course leads to pride, but they won't admit that.

:)
I've pointed this out in another forum I go to when some evangelicals talk about how they are saved and others aren't (it got to the point everyone felt unless you were an evangelical, you were lost, it was really ridiculous). Anyway, they kept going on with such sayings as: "I know where I'll be when I pass on. Do you?" and I couldn't help but think how arrogant that was. But they continued on about how they were saved and they had nothing to worry about. And the such. I finally asked if anybody knew that self-righteousness was a sin. :sigh:

Upvote 0

nestoj

Feb 14, 2007
Niš
✟11,731.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Don't worry about it!
Remember that the western world has another type of sense of humor. They might not understand your jokes and consider you being rude. I don't think you were.

I think this is also true - from lately, i'm afraid of making jokes and offending people who could misunderstand them.

nestoj
God helps

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.