Calgary
✟22,527.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
March 25 is when the Church celebrates Christ's conception in Mary's womb, and the feast day for His nativity was set 9 months later. There are similar feast days for the conception and birth of John the Baptist and of Mary. Both pairs of feast days are 9 monthes apart.
That would be too close to Passover, the one that has a new moon after the equinox (March 21) so 15 days would be the shortest time possible. That gap isn't always there for some reason I can't explain.

John and Jesus are 6 months apart, if that makes any difference:
Lu:1:35-37:
And the angel answered and said unto her,
The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee,
and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee:
therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.
And, behold,
thy cousin Elisabeth,
she hath also conceived a son in her old age:
and this is the sixth month with her,
who was called barren.
For with God nothing shall be impossible.

Passover is the event I follow closely. I'm in the middle of a sea of unskilled Gentiles. Since I cannot say they are 'never saved' I reduced it to, 'not yet saved' and avoid them like the plague after working hours.

I lost the love of the tree when I was about 12 and had to hunt down 'the perfect tree' in -40C weather and waist-high snow. Must have been pretty bad if I can still remember it.
(Jesus and the fig tree story)
New outlook from 30 seconds ago. Put up the tree and if it doesn't spring back to life all on its own, it means the return hasn't happened yet. (thought only, so rest easy all you little trees)

(edit to add)
No gifts to anybody, or received on that holiday. By then, my account is as low as I can let it go because of the gifts I have given to strangers during the other 364 days of the year.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

sparow

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2014
✟488,861.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
What is the law the people are under in the 1,000 years and in the new earth era that follows? (Spoiler, Is it the Re:21 set)

That is the 2nd prophecy. The two witnesses are 4 days into their 1260-day ministry when the 5th trump sounds. Satan cannot sit on any throne until they are dead. Satan and the Beast have control of Jerusalem and then on the day the two witnesses are resurrected the Beast is sent to the lake and Satan is in chains as described at the start of Re:20. That is followed by the resurrection of the ones who will join the living. That day is day1 of that 1,000-year reign.

There is one resurrection only, that is the 2nd birth. Nobody who has eaten from the tree of life in Eze:47 (Re:20:4 list) or in Re:21 (Re:20:5) ever die because nobody breaks any of the laws that were in place.

Ge:6:3:
And the LORD said,
My spirit shall not always strive with man,
for that he also is flesh:
yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.

De:34:7:
And Moses was an hundred and twenty years old when he died:
his eye was not dim,
nor his natural force abated.

1Co:15:22:
For as in Adam all die,
even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

Ge:5:5:
And all the days that Adam lived were nine hundred and thirty years:
and he died.

Ec:3:20:
All go unto one place;
all are of the dust,
and all turn to dust again.
Ec:12:7:
Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was:
and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

Ec:9:10:
Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do,
do it with thy might;
for there is no work,
nor device,
nor knowledge,
nor wisdom,
in the grave,
whither thou goest.

Heb:9:27:
And as it is appointed unto men once to die,
but after this the judgment:

The first prophecy (2Thess:2) is about false Christians spreading false doctrine in their vain attempt to destroy what the Bible actually promotes.
1Tm:1:10:
For whoremongers,
for them that defile themselves with mankind,
for menstealers,
for liars,
for perjured persons,
and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;
2Tm:4:3:
For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine;
but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers,
having itching ears;
In reply I have started a new thread on THE SABBATH AND THE LAW called The new covenant Law

Upvote 0

sparow

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2014
✟488,861.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I wonder if snowmen are considered idols by some.

Leviticus 26:1
You shall not make idols for yourselves or erect an image or pillar
The real issue is worship, what constitute worship, is there any other purpose for idols?

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Why not debate Acts:10 where God made all gentile food clean for the 12 Tribes, most OT only people reject that concept with no basis other than they reject the whole NT. The Bible is not in error, they are. That won't be fixed anytime soon.
No He didn't! He meant the vision was regarding gentiles as clean...acceptable

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,261,267.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
The story I heard is that Luther invented the Christmas tree. He saw a mirage of stars appearing in a tree and was inspired by it.

For years in Germany, only Protestants had Christmas trees. Catholics had Nativity sets.

Upvote 0