Indianapolis
✟6,078.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it." -Mike Tyson and I say dang strait.

When I was a child if I spit on a cop my mom would not have not had a problem with the cop for smacking me, she would have thendroppeed my pants and blistered my butt in front of everyone. In the quest to protect children from abuse we know protect them from simple discipline. and its not working.

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced

"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it." -Mike Tyson and I say dang strait.

When I was a child if I spit on a cop my mom would not have not had a problem with the cop for smacking me, she would have thendroppeed my pants and blistered my butt in front of everyone. In the quest to protect children from abuse we know protect them from simple discipline. and its not working.
The cop should be given a medal. This is where I live and the behaviour of some kids is beyond belief. The parents are at fault. If the parents won't discipline the child, someone else needs to.

Upvote 0

R.Weeks79

Nov 17, 2023
Indianapolis
✟6,078.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The cop should be given a medal. This is where I live and the behaviour of some kids is beyond belief. The parents are at fault. If the parents won't discipline the child, someone else needs to.
I get protecting kids from abuse but there taking it to far. Again my mom would have went to town on me and as soon as dad got on work my butt would have felt his belt

Upvote 0

A_JAY

Site Supporter
Mar 8, 2017
North Central
✟484,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What that kid did was called "battery". No excuse for it. The police officer used a lot of self-control in his response. No problems here with the police's response to the kid's attack on him.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SMTA

Jul 28, 2023
Ohio
✟15,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

That constitutes a legal assault by the cop. It constitutes retaliation and revenge by the cop, and is highly unprofessional. The cop should be fired.

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,492.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I agree 100%.

Reactions: ralliann
Upvote 0

SMTA

Jul 28, 2023
Ohio
✟15,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
That’s not how the law works.

Reactions: iluvatar5150
Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Would the Parent be in trouble as well for having disciplined?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Would the Parent be in trouble as well for having disciplined?
Physical discipline can be difficult as it is illegal in some places. But some kind of discipline is possible. I can only speak for Australia, but it is still legal to smack a child if they need it. The problem is that the wisdom of God has been replaced with the wisdom of man. I was rebuked by a teacher for smacking my kids. I had a few words to say about that.

Many people have delegated child rearing to schools, which are fundamentally leftist controlled institutions for churning out anti Christ citizens. People reap what they sow. I'm glad I'm old enough not to be starting into adult life right now. The road to destruction gets wider and smoother by the day.

Upvote 0

R.Weeks79

Nov 17, 2023
Indianapolis
✟6,078.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
That constitutes a legal assault by the cop. It constitutes retaliation and revenge by the cop, and is highly unprofessional. The cop should be fired.
That slap was the slap mothers have been giving since the begining of time, and superior is standing with here.

Upvote 0

SMTA

Jul 28, 2023
Ohio
✟15,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
That slap was the slap mothers have been giving since the begining of time, and superior is standing with here.
Irrelevant.
Cop cannot hit anybody especially children
It’s a legal assault period.
That’s the law.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
The kid should be charged with assault. Most states in the U.S. the officer would be guilty of a crime as well. Police are allowed to defend themselves from an aggressive suspect who is handcuffed, but they are not allowed to punish them. I get why the cop lost it; a lot of people would have. Given the circumstances, if I was his supervisor, I'd give him a talking to, explain that professionalism is being able to handle provocations, and warn him that subsequent failures might affect his career.

Reactions: Jimmy It
Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,150.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Single parents are usually unable to supervise their children. Is Dad in the picture? Does Dad or Mom resort to corporal punishment? Are children taught by example respect for others and to be "Slow to anger?" I suspect angry parents were raised by angry or absent parents. If both parents are working, do they work until five or six leaving child or children unsupervised after school? Parenting is being involved with children; not having them run wild while you do drugs or watch TV.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,150.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
It may not be the wisest decision of the cop, he may be disciplined for it but, he's got my vote.
Whatever the outcome, I bet the little punk will always remember.
Someone raised him or didn't bother.

Upvote 0