Gun stocks up

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
My mistake.
Americans are crazy for guns and the second amendment is stupid, according to the poster.

The poster said the first part, and it's hard to refute. That second part looks more like it came from your own mouth than anyone else's...

Upvote 0

Apr 3, 2017
None
✟30,626.00
Country
Zimbabwe
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The poster said the first part, and it's hard to refute. That second part looks more like it came from your own mouth than anyone else's...

The biggest problem with guns in the USA, is the gun lobby, and the dumb 2nd Amendment that says the whole country should have guns and therefore kill each other! Sadly I feel that it is far too late to really curb this problem, as there are MILLIONS of guns in people's hands! The ONLY hope is the Lord helps you guys solve this!

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
No biggy.
I figured it was probably me.
Still not up to speed with this forum stuff.

No prob. till can't refute the first part, though -- the US is pretty gaga about its guns; look at our popular culture: film, television, video games, etc...

Upvote 0

Apr 3, 2017
None
✟30,626.00
Country
Zimbabwe
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No prob. till can't refute the first part, though -- the US is pretty gaga about its guns; look at our popular culture: film, television, video games, etc...
Agreed.
I own a few firearms and I still don't get the fascination.
I see legal owners that are irresponsible with guns. Some make me nervous enough that I leave the range.
Movies and TV can't help things when violence is glorified.
There are also a lot of people who have become owners and hoarders responding to events like this and political responses to increase legislation or ban, etc.
Some young guys at church responded a few years ago to a proposed assault weapons ban by buying several AR's that they wouldn't have bought otherwise.
Same with ammo hoarders.
I guess they want the forbidden fruit.

We need to enforce the laws we have.

Upvote 0

Apr 3, 2017
None
✟30,626.00
Country
Zimbabwe
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Not feasible.

Would cost too much to strictly enforce current laws.

Then there's no need for additional laws.

I saw so many gun possession charges dropped instantly when prosecuted it was ridiculous.
Hardly any prohibited persons are pursued by ATF when they try to buy and are rejected.

Upvote 0

Apr 3, 2017
None
✟30,626.00
Country
Zimbabwe
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That doesnt follow at all.

The cost of enforcing current laws is not necessarily indicative of the cost of enforcing new and different laws.

Why add laws when don't enforce the laws we have?

Why buy a summer home if you can't afford your first mortgage?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,565.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Because you can make new laws that are cheaper, easier and more reliably enforable.

It's like saying that you shouldn't buy a new car because you can't afford to repair your old, rusty trash heap that keeps breaking down anyway.

Upvote 0

Apr 3, 2017
None
✟30,626.00
Country
Zimbabwe
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Because you can make new laws that are cheaper, easier and more reliably enforable.

It's like saying that you shouldn't buy a new car because you can't afford to repair your old, rusty trash heap that keeps breaking down anyway.

I haven't heard a politician talk about abolishing old laws and present new effective streamlined ones that will be enforced.
I thought I heard "more".

If politicians can actually think it through and do something effectively on a budget I would be pleasantly surprised.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,565.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I haven't heard a politician talk about abolishing old laws and present new effective streamlined ones that will be enforced.
I thought I heard "more".

If politicians can actually think it through and do something effectively on a budget I would be pleasantly surprised.
All I've heard is "now is not the time, we need to wait until we're distracted by the next catastrophe".

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟432,811.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single

Why buy a summer home if you can't afford your first mortgage?
The assumption you seem to have is that all homes (all laws) cost the same.

Maybe you need a little RV instead of a summer mansion? Maybe you can even move into the RV and sell your first home and pay down the mortgage!

Upvote 0

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I worry about the intelligence of a group of Americans that worry about gun control with a republican controlled executive and both houses, when nothing happened after the murder of 20 odd children and democrats in at least one of them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Apr 3, 2017
None
✟30,626.00
Country
Zimbabwe
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The assumption you seem to have is that all homes (all laws) cost the same.

Maybe you need a little RV instead of a summer mansion? Maybe you can move into the RV and sell your first home and pay down the mortgage!

If there's a law maker proposing repeal and replace gun laws that would be enforced I'd appreciate a link.
I haven't heard of this, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Upvote 0

Apr 3, 2017
None
✟30,626.00
Country
Zimbabwe
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I worry about the intelligence of a group of Americans that worry about gun control with a republican controlled executive and both houses, when nothing happened after the murder of 20 odd children and democrats in at least one of them.
I have no love for either party.
If people want to attribute blame, lack of response, etc...the bump fire stocks that replicate full auto fire in rifles were deemed legal and not restricted by ATF in 2010.

Upvote 0

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I have no love for either party.
If people want to attribute blame, lack of response, etc...the bump fire stocks that replicate full auto fire in rifles were deemed legal and not restricted by ATF in 2010.

I was talking about the increase in gun company stock price due to the "they're commin' ta git ma guns" mentality.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Agreed.
I own a few firearms and I still don't get the fascination.
I see legal owners that are irresponsible with guns. Some make me nervous enough that I leave the range.

Not interested in being around when the would-be Rambo or Dirty Harry gets a reality check at muzzle velocity? Can't say I blame you.

I don't own any firearms, but I have been at the range with a friend's gear... I'm certainly not anti-gun, but I respect them enough to want to make sure they are only in the hands who will also respect them...

Movies and TV can't help things when violence is glorified.

Some might argue they're part of the problem -- how much are they reflecting the public's tastes as opposed to guiding them? I'll leave that question to the philosophers.

There are also a lot of people who have become owners and hoarders responding to events like this and political responses to increase legislation or ban, etc.
Some young guys at church responded a few years ago to a proposed assault weapons ban by buying several AR's that they wouldn't have bought otherwise.
Same with ammo hoarders.
I guess they want the forbidden fruit.

Do they use them, or are they just collecting dust/rust somewhere, I wonder?

Upvote 0

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟634,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status