Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Driver-less cars are not coming to the masses soon. How easy will it be to hack a driver less car and drive it into the wall. Or hack a car and drive that into people. Also, triangulating a bomb after it explodes does not prevent anything and it really is not a technology that exists anyways.

Driverless cars are already on the road. One truck went across country with no hands on the wheel.
Cities will be the first to restrict drivers becasue they already have lower speed and traffic problems.
The cars are currently not online, so hacking is not an easy task. Triangulating gunshots
is currently a system that cities use. It is very useful.
Here's How the NYPD's Expanding ShotSpotter System Works

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
This would affect the lone legal shooter as well as street
guns (unless imported illegally). But likely street guns
would not be illegal imports.

You realize that criminals would just modify their guns to not have this, right?

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Will they be able to ban antique cars, or guns without safety measures?
Cities will be the first to ban drivers all together.
Many cities ban all passenger cars from some streets now.
It may be possible to stop the legal resale of old guns.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
True mass shootings do not happen every week if they did they would not be reported. Moreover, the issue of how many of the mass shootings you are talking about involved between three and say seven victims how many are COMPLETELY random?

Mass shootings have happened that often & have been reported. You being unaware of each one doesn't mean it did not happen. I reckon that to the victims of those shootings they were "true" enough.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

Widlast

Feb 11, 2016
Eastern USA
✟35,523.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Yep, criminals are just gunna break laws anyway, so why bother having laws at all?
We have laws to make society possible. The laws should however accomplish their intended purpose.
If they do not, they are stupid laws.

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

InterestedApologist

Aug 17, 2017
Earth
✟29,376.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm not proposing any new restrictions on the public. This just allows
anyone to track gunfire easier.

I know you are not intentionally proposing restrictions on the general public with your radio concept, but the net result will definitely impact much of the populace’s ability to purchase and use firearms in legal ways.

For starters, you are proposing a system that has never been implemented or tried. There will be significant cost associated with designing and implementing such technology, which will certainly raise the cost of firearms (already relatively expensive) for purchase, likely dramatically. Additionally, you are proposing retrofitting existing firearms, which will undoubtedly cost even more to do, as it is always cheaper to implement something in new product than it is bringing it to old.

You are restricting the poorest of citizens from excersising their constitutional right as set forth by SCOTUS by means of price escalation. Also, what is the penalty for non-compliance of pre-existing firearms owners to have their firearms modified? Do you confiscate, prosecute, or deny all 2nd amendment rights to anyone who cannot afford to comply?

Your plan will also cost the taxpayer a potentially significant tax burden, as radio infrastructure (towers,apps, etc), regulation and inspection become necessary. This is to say nothing about the potential increases in incarceration or possible abuses of such technology.

I would say your proposal will have a huge impact on the legal firearm owning populace, and a significant economic cost for non-gun owners as well. Everyone wants gun control to be a simple issue, but it just isn’t.

Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

InterestedApologist

Aug 17, 2017
Earth
✟29,376.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Mass shootings have happened that often & have been reported. You being unaware of each one doesn't mean it did not happen. I reckon that to the victims of those shootings they were "true" enough.

Can you cite your source for that claim? Even from the staunchest anti-2nd amendment crowd I have never heard this claim.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟654,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Cities will be the first to ban drivers all together.
Many cities ban all passenger cars from some streets now.
It may be possible to stop the legal resale of old guns.

That would be fine if banning pretty much all guns is what the majority of the people want. But they don't.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Can you cite your source for that claim? Even from the staunchest anti-2nd amendment crowd I have never heard this claim.

You can find plenty of sources if you look but here's one for your convenience
There have been 273 mass shootings in the US so far in 2017 — here's the full list

In 2013, a federal mandate lowered that threshold to three deaths. By this definition, using data from Gun Violence Archive, the Las Vegas event was the 38th mass shooting in the US in 2017.

That was from October 2, which was week 40 of the year. So 38 in 40 weeks is just about near a weekly average. That was for shootings with multiple deaths, not just shootings that injured.

Not a part of the anti-2nd amendment crowd, as a gun owner.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That would be fine if banning pretty much all guns is what the majority of the people want. But they don't.
I said cities will ban car drivers and only allow self driving cars, soon in N Y.
Another topic is banning the resale of unmodified used guns, which is possible.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟898,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
True mass shootings meaning that the perp walks up and shoots someone with NO reason attached or not gang ties or not in the course of another criminal act. For example, a robbery gone bad or maybe money is owed for drugs and the person cannot pay or a case where the shooter and victims are in opposing gangs. How often is it that people are just shot just walking down the street or in a business or their own home without SOME motive by the shooter?

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I know you are not intentionally proposing restrictions on the general public with your radio concept, but the net result will definitely impact much of the populace’s ability to purchase and use firearms in legal ways.

Rather than biometric scanners that only allow one user to fire a weapon this technology will be rather generic and much lower in cost.

For starters, you are proposing a system that has never been implemented or tried.

That's a decent point. If it transmits on cell phone frequencies then the triangulation system for tracking will already be in place. I hadn't thought of that.

There will be significant cost associated with designing and implementing such technology, which will certainly raise the cost of firearms (already relatively expensive) for purchase, likely dramatically. Additionally, you are proposing retrofitting existing firearms, which will undoubtedly cost even more to do, as it is always cheaper to implement something in new product than it is bringing it to old.

Right. The new systems will implement cheaper. We could outlaw all resale if needed.

You are restricting the poorest of citizens from excising their constitutional right as set forth by SCOTUS by means of price escalation.

Cigarettes are completely legal. No legal case for keeping them low in cost has made it to any court that I know of.

Also, what is the penalty for non-compliance of pre-existing firearms owners to have their firearms modified? Do you confiscate, prosecute, or deny all 2nd amendment rights to anyone who cannot afford to comply?

The cost to current owners would be the inability to resell guns unmodified.
Ownership of unmodified guns would not be hindered.

Your plan will also cost the taxpayer a potentially significant tax burden, as radio infrastructure (towers,apps, etc), regulation and inspection become necessary.

Using cellphone frequencies will likely solve that.

This is to say nothing about the potential increases in incarceration or possible abuses of such technology.

Increased incarnation of those involved in street gun battles is a point of gleeful celebration.

I would say your proposal will have a huge impact on the legal firearm owning populace, and a significant economic cost for non-gun owners as well.

You won't find many who will regret any gunfire being easier to track.
Close to none. I am willing to reform the tax codes to eliminate the need for half of the IRS budget. Just the savings on paper use should be enough by cutting the number of tax form pages in half.

More Than 800 People Have Been Shot in America Since the
Since the Las Vegas Massacre

Las Vegas Shooting: 58 People Killed, Almost 500 Hurt

7th killing in Phoenix area is part of serial shootings case, police say

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Apex

Radical Centrist & Ethicist
Jan 1, 2017
the South
✟47,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That happened 22 years ago in Japan. Now, if that was happening on a routine basis there, like gun violence happens right here, I'd think they'd be smart enough to do something about it.

If someone wants to kill or harm a large group of people, there are numerous ways to do it that are cheap and easy.....without guns.

Better Killing through Chemistry

Last edited:
Upvote 0

2Timothy2:15

Mar 28, 2016
CA
✟78,248.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Driverless cars are already on the road. One truck went across country with no hands on the wheel.
Cities will be the first to restrict drivers becasue they already have lower speed and traffic problems.
The cars are currently not online, so hacking is not an easy task. Triangulating gunshots
is currently a system that cities use. It is very useful.
Here's How the NYPD's Expanding ShotSpotter System Works

Yeah I am aware of it, but there are many like me who will not give up my freedom to drive. Also, guns are not the problem, that was my point in the first place. Evil and a fallen world is the issue, not guns. There is tons of times through history that weapons were taken from people so they can be enslaved, it is even in the bible. Bad guys always have weapons and always will until Jesus comes back.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
If someone wants to kill or harm a large group of people, there are numerous ways to do it that are cheap and easy.....without guns.

Better Killing through Chemistry

Well Apex, on a weekly basis in America are there mass killings from chemistry like there are from guns?

• Winner
Reactions: Armoured
Upvote 0