Politics
US-Others
I propose that we require all guns be manufactured with
various piezoelectric radio transmitters. This would
be a variety of "nuggets" formed into the barrel and
stock that will emit radio frequency bursts resulting
from shock, vibration, or impact.
This should be required within 5 years. The requirement
would result in development of the needed technology.

This would allow anyone to identify the location of gunfire.
Hotel owners and anti-sniper personnel.

This would affect the lone legal shooter as well as street
guns (unless imported illegally). But likely street guns
would not be illegal imports.

So only illegal imports would be unable to locate unless
the shooter wrapped the gun in a seperate blocking blanket.
Still lethal, but much more trouble.

These could emit serial numbers for each gun, but I'd
be willing to negotiate on that.

We could relax background checks on legal purchases
in exchange for tracking where shots were fired.

Edit: Used guns could be refurbished.

Last edited:

twinserk

Apr 16, 2011
South
✟31,361.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
The problem is not the guns. Take away the guns, or make their use impractical, and criminals will merely resort to other weapons to achieve their desired result.

The problem, is the people. Why do those people want to kill? Because they grew up in a broken home, with a corrupt value system is my guess.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
The problem is not the guns. Take away the guns, or make their use impractical, and criminals will merely resort to other weapons to achieve their desired result.

The problem, is the people. Why do those people want to kill? Because they grew up in a broken home, with a corrupt value system is my guess.

Well the guns used in Vegas were able to shoot off hundreds of rounds super fast, super easy. Sure bombs can kill more, but they're a lot harder to build.

Upvote 0

AlexDTX

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I propose that we require all guns be manufactured with
various piezoelectric radio transmitters. This would
be a variety of "nuggets" formed into the barrel and
stock that will emit radio frequency bursts resulting
from shock, vibration, or impact.
This should be required within 5 years. The requirement
would result in development of the needed technology.

This would allow anyone to identify the location of gunfire.
Hotel owners and anti-sniper personnel.

This would affect the lone legal shooter as well as street
guns (unless imported illegally). But likely street guns
would not be illegal imports.

So only illegal imports would be unable to locate unless
the shooter wrapped the gun in a seperate blocking blanket.
Still lethal, but much more trouble.

These could emit serial numbers for each gun, but I'd
be willing to negotiate on that.

I do not own a gun nor know how to use one. However, I know the second amendment was written in the Constitution so ordinary citizens could protect themselves from enemies abroad, within, and from the government itself. Your proposal increases the government's power over the citizens. It is because so many Americans are armed that we are not run over by illegal immigrants like Europe. Europe has been disarmed and are being assaulted by Muslims and Africans who have been let in by European leaders. Women are being raped and Europeans are now minorities in their own countries. As far as I am concerned all the spectacular gun violence reported in the USA are set up by government agents who seek out fanatical people and arm them so they can wreck havoc that will be used as excuses for confiscating Americans of their self defense.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I do not own a gun nor know how to use one. However, I know the second amendment was written in the Constitution so ordinary citizens could protect themselves from enemies abroad, within, and from the government itself. Your proposal increases the government's power over the citizens. It is because so many Americans are armed that we are not run over by illegal immigrants like Europe. Europe has been disarmed and are being assaulted by Muslims and Africans who have been let in by European leaders. Women are being raped and Europeans are now minorities in their own countries. As far as I am concerned all the spectacular gun violence reported in the USA are set up by government agents who seek out fanatical people and arm them so they can wreck havoc that will be used as excuses for confiscating Americans of their self defense.

My proposal does increase the control of people who fire guns.
As long as your firing of a gun is lawful, then you have freedom
to use it any way you wish. When I hear gun-fire in my city
I am PRETTY sure the gunfire is not legal. And as a citizen
,I'd like to be able to locate the shooter within seconds.

I feel that locating gunfire is a right that is equal to the
shooters right to carry. Please provide your argument out
of that.

Upvote 0

twinserk

Apr 16, 2011
South
✟31,361.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Well the guns used in Vegas were able to shoot off hundreds of rounds super fast, super easy. Sure bombs can kill more, but they're a lot harder to build.

My point exactly. He didn't know how to build a bomb, so he resorted to the next best option. Had that been unavailable to him, he would have resorted to the next best, etc, etc.

Once again, the problem is the people who desire to kill others. Not the instrument they choose to use.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

twinserk

Apr 16, 2011
South
✟31,361.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
My proposal does increase the control of people who fire guns.
As long as your firing of a gun is lawful, then you have freedom
to use it any way you wish. When I hear gun-fire in my city
I am PRETTY sure the gunfire is not legal. And as a citizen
,I'd like to be able to locate the shooter within seconds.

I feel that locating gunfire is a right that is equal to the
shooters right to carry. Please provide your argument out
of that.

The problem with that, is that our government is corrupt. Give them an inch, and they take a mile. One compromise leads to another, which leads to another. Give them the authority to track people firing guns, and they'll take it upon themselves to track guns period, then to confiscate said guns whenever they feel it necessary.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
My point exactly. He couldn't build a bomb, so he resorted to the next best option. Had that been unavailable to him, he would have resorted to the next best, etc, etc.

Once again, the problem is the people who desire to kill others. Not the instrument they choose to use.

Uh huh. What other weapons could kill that many folks, that fast, without detection? Pretty sure they had barriers up around the concert blocking vehicles from being able to plow through.

It's just flat out dumb to say that the weapons weren't the issue in Vegas.

Upvote 0

Dawnhammer

Mar 5, 2017
Denmark
✟23,474.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is because so many Americans are armed that we are not run over by illegal immigrants like Europe.

Rubbish. You are located behind Atlantic Ocean which cuts the poor African refugees out.

How has your gun ownership helped against illegal immigrants from poor neighbor with land border. I hear there are few illegal Mexicans around.

So how about few links from European countries where refugees outnumber the native population? Rubbish again.

US gun deaths are Government work? All those agent toddlers shooting others. Ridiculous.

You might want to travel bit more and watch Fox News bit less.

• Winner
Reactions: Armoured
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The problem with that, is that our government is corrupt. Give them an inch, and they take a mile. One compromise leads to another, which leads to another. Give them the authority to track people firing guns, and they'll take it upon themselves to track guns period, then to confiscate said guns whenever they feel it necessary.

But you can track the guns as well. It's your right to know who
is firing guns illegally. Gunfire in ranges is legal.
As I said, I'm willing to negotiate on the serial number thing.

You may fire you non-identified gun anywhere legal.
In exchange, no registration?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

twinserk

Apr 16, 2011
South
✟31,361.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Uh huh. What other weapons could kill that many folks, that fast, without detection? Pretty sure they had barriers up around the concert blocking vehicles from being able to plow through.

The fact is, the government doesn't have the power to get rid of these weapons. They would just go underground, like illicit drugs. Legislation to ban said type of firearms would do nothing but ensure that criminals were the only ones in possession of them. The day the government succeeds in removing illegal drugs from entering and being sold in our country, is the day your argument would be valid.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hmmm thinking about the instigating and accepting factors of the original "Lo-Jac" and how it was only to find the stolen vehicle. . . now? The government can not only find all newer vehicles, but shut the engines off as well.... got my drift?

Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

twinserk

Apr 16, 2011
South
✟31,361.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
But you can track the guns as well. It's your right to know who
is firing guns illegally. Gunfire in ranges is legal.
As I said, I'm willing to negotiate on the serial number thing.

You may fire you non-identified gun anywhere legal.
In exchange, no registration?

The bottom line is that our government already has way too much power. The federal government, in it's current form, is entirely unconstitutional.

The federal government's only legal functions, is international relations, and interstate commerce. In addition to some other odds and ends. So no, I don't care what it is, granting them more is a no-go.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The bottom line is that our government already has way too much power. The federal government, in it's current form, is entirely unconstitutional. The federal government's only legal function, is international relations, and interstate commerce. So no, I don't care what it is, granting them more is a no-go.

This is for ME to tack gunfire in my neighborhood. The only rules I would place on the feds is to make their information open to the public instantly so I could use it if I choose. Other wise, I will track the gun usage myself anyway. This radio information would be open source on public frequencies.

I'm even considering it be on normal radio frequencies so you would hear interference on your favorite radio station.

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟838,184.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

He could've caused a diversion that sent the crowd out in a panic, then mowed them down that way.
Something like Manchester could've killed that many people. There were aviation fuel tanks near the site he tried to blow up with his gun, but was too far away. He had explosive material in his car and bombs in his home.

The San Bernardino shooters were building bombs in their garage.

Here's why I'd disagree with you:

This was highly premeditated. He sought out various venues. He collected his weapons over a period of a year, passed every background check. He planned this out almost perfectly. He had cameras set up everywhere to watch for the cops. He turned off the smoke alarms. He broke out two windows and shot on each side to keep everyone herded together in his 'kill zone'. He knew what he was doing. He chose the time and the place.

I don't know how any further gun control, background checks, etc, would've stopped this guy. he was a ghost. All these mass shooters are ghosts. You take away the tools they choose, they find something else. So, that's why I say guns aren't the issue. No gun control would've stopped him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

This has got nothing to do with government, other than they require all guns
be built that way.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't know how any further gun control, background checks, etc, would've stopped this guy. he was a ghost. All these mass shooters are ghosts. You take away the tools they choose, they find something else. So, that's why I say guns aren't the issue. No gun control would've stopped him.

My proposal would stop the accumulation of any legal guns with radio emitters.
If legal, then the hotel could know which room after the first shot.
If legal, then targets could locate the shooter in seconds.

Upvote 0

twinserk

Apr 16, 2011
South
✟31,361.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
This has got nothing to do with government, other than they require all guns
be built that way.

Right, constitutionally, they don't have the authority to do that. What you're advocating, is the continued expansion of federal power.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

If we criminalize the illegal use of guns, that will help.
Same for knives if you wish.

Upvote 0