Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Facebook_meme_Global_Cooling_11.gif

^_^
Tell me, do you remember seeing that time magazine cover on the left in 1977?

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What about her? Other than she's a bigger gaff machine than Uncle Joe Biden...
And easily smarter than the current President. She appears to be a Taser to Conservative nerves.

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
On the contrary, you rarely get what you want. Some hack judge is likely to knock down almost anything that the voters want
Judges are appointed by our elected officials, and in many states are subject to retention elections. They can also be impeached. If we as a people decided that we don’t like the judicial branch as it operates, we could call a constitutional convention and amend the constitution.

In addition, we are required to choose between only two parties,
. No we aren’t. But we could decide to move to proportional representation in Congress, which would mean even the smaller parties would have some representation in Congress.

And if you think that a petition is guaranteed to bring results, you might still be using your junior high civics book for that information rather than real life. :)
. I’m referring to petitioning the government for redress, which includes a wide array of things, including the right to sue the government and to call or visit your representatives’ offices to express your views or concerns. Americans successfully convince their representatives to change course all of the time by flooding their offices with calls, emails, and visits.

But how many Americans utilize the democratic system? We have the power, but few participate at the level that brings about rapid change. How many Americans even know about Citizens united and what that decision means for democracy? If Americans just dedicated 1/10th of the time they spend watching TV participating in our democracy, everything would change.

Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟877,652.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Think of it as a modern, green version of the new deal. It’s about stimulating the economy with infrastructure funding. But a lot of the infrastructure is “green.”

Thank you.

Upvote 0

Gigimo

Dec 6, 2015
Ohio
✟96,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And easily smarter than the current President. She appears to be a Taser to Conservative nerves.

So is this supposed to be another shaming ploy to get folks to shut up about her "inadequacies"??

And let me guess the logic being if nobody is talking about/exposing her inadequacies this means she doesn't have any therefore is better than Trump or any other Republican, right? :doh:

• Optimistic
Reactions: Fantine
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So is this supposed to be another shaming ploy to get folks to shut up about her "inadequacies"??

And let me guess the logic being if nobody is talking about/exposing her inadequacies this means she doesn't have any therefore is better than Trump or any other Republican, right? :doh:
If she is so inadequate what is the fascination? She’s a mid-20s rookie member of Congress. She’s not a Presidential candidate or daughter of a really, really supposedly rich guy.

I agree she isn’t all that special, considering the low bar of being smarter than the President appears to be.

Upvote 0

carlv_52

Jun 18, 2019
Washington
✟17,804.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
When was that exactly that the scientists were all saying that a global ice age was coming?

Again, it must be noted that in the 1970's there were more science articles predicting global warming than a new ice age.

GlobalCooling.JPG

BUT, again, also in the 1970's scientists were working through a better understanding of MILANKOVICH CYCLES which were the primary forcing responsible for the ice ages at least in the Cenozoic. That's due to changes in the earth's orientation and orbit.

The interesting thing is that we should be heading into another ice age but we are late to the party and going in the opposite direction. Our actions may have very well proven to be a stronger forcing than Milankovich Cycles.

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Again, it must be noted that in the 1970's there were more science articles predicting global warming than a new ice age.

GlobalCooling.JPG

BUT, again, also in the 1970's scientists were working through a better understanding of MILANKOVICH CYCLES which were the primary forcing responsible for the ice ages at least in the Cenozoic. That's due to changes in the earth's orientation and orbit.

The interesting thing is that we should be heading into another ice age but we are late to the party and going in the opposite direction. Our actions may have very well proven to be a stronger forcing than Milankovich Cycles.
Thanks for the info! I think the fake times cove4 has people “remembering” something that never happened!

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I didn’t see a response to my other reply to this post. The cover on the left is a fake. You and a lot of other people have been manipulated by fake news.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

carlv_52

Jun 18, 2019
Washington
✟17,804.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
Thanks for the info! I think the fake times cove4 has people “remembering” something that never happened!
The coverage was quite real on Time and Newsweek but it didn’t accurately describe what the science was really talking about as the real threat

Upvote 0

Gigimo

Dec 6, 2015
Ohio
✟96,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If she is so inadequate what is the fascination? She’s a mid-20s rookie member of Congress. She’s not a Presidential candidate or daughter of a really, really supposedly rich guy.

I agree she isn’t all that special, considering the low bar of being smarter than the President appears to be.

Then why all the articles about Trump/Republicans? My guess is that's not an obsession in your opinion, is it :doh:

Upvote 0

Gigimo

Dec 6, 2015
Ohio
✟96,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In the case of climate skepticism and denialism, trust me, those of us who have some familiarity with the topic have seen almost all the standard "critiques". And they usually fall quite quickly in the light of what actual science says.

Ah the old "trust us we're experts in the subject you aren't" ^_^

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Then why all the articles about Trump/Republicans? My guess is that's not an obsession in your opinion, is it :doh:
Because he is the leader of the unfortunate Free World and his mouth has real consequences.

Upvote 0

Gigimo

Dec 6, 2015
Ohio
✟96,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If I recall right (though I may be confusing it with Newsweek, US News & World report, or even Life),

It seems to me there were a couple different publications that reported it but the one from Time seems to pop up more often when doing a search.

What I recall is the TV show about the coming "ice age" -- which was based on some very questionable science (if you bothered to investigate) -- and was largely created to help sell a book.

Not surprising in the least.

President Kennedy being assassinated.

I remember that too I was playing with my Tonka truck (IIRC) when that came on the old B&W television we had in the living room, my Mom was pretty upset about it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0