Got a word from the Lord that didn't (yet?) come true.

CharismaticLady

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
The Bible is unique, unlike any other book. This is because it is God communicating to mankind. Paul told Timothy that every Scripture is inspired by God. Once the canon of Scripture was closed after the last epistle was written (The Holy Spirit having inspired the Apostles of Christ to form the New Testament Scriptures); and God completed all that He had to say to mankind. Any "new" revelation is adding to God's already inspired Word, and therefore is false.

Any vision, voice or dream that gives information or instructions that are contrary to the written Word does not come from the Holy Spirit, but could very well come from a familiar spirit posing as the Holy Spirit.

Therefore, the Holy Spirit speaks through the Scriptures, not apart from them.

God also communicates directly to me as we have seen countless examples in the Scriptures. Nothing He has ever said conflicts with Scripture. And they have all come to pass.

My dear brother, I really think that other church you went to for years warped your doctrine. Sardis wasn't called the "dead church" for nothing... You've got a lot of unbrainwashing to go through. Just get back into the Word and build your faith, not your unbelief. Love you much! Get back into a full gospel church, and leave the swiss cheese doctrines to those with holes in them that need to be filled. LOL

Upvote 0

D.A. Wright

Stealth Defender Of Holy Writ
Site Supporter
Jul 18, 2019
Central PA
✟53,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thanks for the explaination. Sorry if the question offended you, that wasnt my intention... I've heard this idea before....and just wanted light on possible biblical reasons. I believe I lean more toward the idea that he knows all as well....so maybe me and you both are heretic?
No offense taken at all, Brother. I believe it is common for people to attribute acts of demons to the devil, himself. So, technically, I would say that Satan, himself, probably does not know personally everything that his associates witness, but I'm fairly certain they have staff meetings and very effective inter-communication--at least as well as any human organization of evil intent. Having said all this, I must not forget to remind all of the very clear and blessed maxim contained in Romans 8:31:

What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?

Upvote 0

CharismaticLady

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Doesn't the Bible itself refer to inspired sources that are not included in the closed canon of Scripture?
Huh? Where?

Personally, I think the Epistle of Barnabas is canonical and should have been included; but I don't think the time was right. It was meant more for closer to end times as there was a prophecy that could not have been fulfilled when they chose the books to include in the Bible. The fulfillment dates are now!

Upvote 0

Peter J Barban

Mar 29, 2016
Taiwan
Visit site
✟97,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
For many years I have been struggeling with something. At a Christian festival as I sat among the people thinking about this problem an older woman (I never seen before) a few seats away started profetizing with a loud voice. It was like she was talking directly to me, starting with "So says the Lord..." and continuing with describing my problem and ending with that I didn't have to worry and that God would help me.

This is maybe five years ago and still the prophecy hasn't come true. Now I wonder why. Is it because I doubted in God's promise or because of personal sins, or maybe something else? Maybe more important, is the prophecy still valid or do think God has taken it back?
I am reluctant to say that you did anything wrong. Your burden is already great enough without blaming yourself for a lack of results.

Though I would certainly suggest that you go back to God continually and ask if there is more you need to do regarding the prophetic message. Before that, I would go back to God and ask for help interpreting the message you heard.

Lastly, in the Bible, God rewards those who negotiate with him as did Abraham and Moses. I would directly ask God if this is the best he can do for you.

• Useful
Reactions: zoidar
Upvote 0

D.A. Wright

Site Supporter
Jul 18, 2019
Central PA
✟53,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
2 Timothy 3:16-17

16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness
17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.

If Paul is correct here - and I believe he is - there is no need of prophets. We already have all we need to know in the special revelation of God's word about Christian doctrine and practice, and God's will for the Church.

No true prophet in Scripture ever had a partial success rate concerning their prophecies. Not so the so-called "prophets" of today, however. These modern "prophets," excusing their prophetic failures by saying they just aren't on par with biblical prophets, are simply false prophets. Even a broken clock is right twice a day. It is a great fool who gives any credence whatever to these modern-day false prophets. They are multiplying like the plague, infecting the weak and doctrinally-juvenile Church today and turning believers to nonsense and blasphemy.
I'm not so sure it is wise to assume that the existence of many counterfeits is sufficient cause to reject the genuine. If this were practiced in general then the Gospel itself would be doomed to failure, wouldn't it?

Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to determine if they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.
1 John 4:1 HCSB

Upvote 0

CharismaticLady

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
I'm not so sure it is wise to assume that the existence of many counterfeits is sufficient cause to reject the genuine. If this were practiced in general then the Gospel itself would be doomed to failure, wouldn't it?

Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to determine if they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.
1 John 4:1 HCSB

Can you please provide the text to this statement of yours:

"Doesn't the Bible itself refer to inspired sources that are not included in the closed canon of Scripture?"

Upvote 0

D.A. Wright

Site Supporter
Jul 18, 2019
Central PA
✟53,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Huh? Where?

Personally, I think the Epistle of Barnabas is canonical and should have been included; but I don't think the time was right. It was meant more for closer to end times as there was a prophecy that could not have been fulfilled when they chose the books to include in the Bible. The fulfillment dates are now!
You have a problem with extra-biblical prophesying, but you are ready to canonize a work that has never been substantiated to have originated from the Barnabas of Scripture? Interesting.

Upvote 0

D.A. Wright

Site Supporter
Jul 18, 2019
Central PA
✟53,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Can you please provide the text to this statement of yours:

"Doesn't the Bible itself refer to inspired sources that are not included in the closed canon of Scripture?"

This man had four virgin daughters who prophesied. Acts 21:9 HCSB

It was also about these men that Enoch, in the seventh generation from Adam, prophesied, saying, "Behold, the Lord came with many thousands of His holy ones, to execute judgment on all and to convict them of all their ungodly acts that they have done in an ungodly way, and of all the harsh things ungodly sinners have said against Him." Jude 1:14,15

After this I will pour out My Spirit on all humanity; then your sons and your daughters will prophesy, your old men will have dreams, and your young men will see visions. I will even pour out My Spirit on the male and female slaves in those days. I will display wonders in the heavens and on the earth: blood, fire, and columns of smoke. The sun will be turned to darkness and the moon to blood before the great and awe-inspiring Day of the LORD comes. Joel 2:28-31

Upvote 0

CharismaticLady

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
You have a problem with extra-biblical prophesying, but you are ready to canonize a work that has never been substantiated to have originated from the Barnabas of Scripture? Interesting.

LOL You've got me mixed up with someone else. Yikes!

This is just one thing I said:

God also communicates directly to me as we have seen countless examples in the Scriptures. Nothing He has ever said conflicts with Scripture. And they have all come to pass.

I'm just very interested in the verse you found. So what is it? This is the third time I've asked. You would think if someone is interested in something you said, you wouldn't try to shoot them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CharismaticLady

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
This man had four virgin daughters who prophesied. Acts 21:9 HCSB

It was also about these men that Enoch, in the seventh generation from Adam, prophesied, saying, "Behold, the Lord came with many thousands of His holy ones, to execute judgment on all and to convict them of all their ungodly acts that they have done in an ungodly way, and of all the harsh things ungodly sinners have said against Him." Jude 1:14,15

After this I will pour out My Spirit on all humanity; then your sons and your daughters will prophesy, your old men will have dreams, and your young men will see visions. I will even pour out My Spirit on the male and female slaves in those days. I will display wonders in the heavens and on the earth: blood, fire, and columns of smoke. The sun will be turned to darkness and the moon to blood before the great and awe-inspiring Day of the LORD comes. Joel 2:28-31

You're preaching to the choir! I'm "Charismatic." Of course I believe in personal prophecy!!! I also believe in prophecy that tells the true meaning of a Scripture that undones centuries of false doctrine. This kind of prophesying must be tested against all scripture.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

D.A. Wright

Site Supporter
Jul 18, 2019
Central PA
✟53,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well, I've waited long enough for @David Wright to apologize. I'm going to have my tea.
I'm sorry for my ignorance. And I'd be happy to apologize, but I'd need to know exactly how I've offended you in order to address that of which I should repent.
You're preaching to the choir! I'm "Charismatic." Of course I believe in personal prophecy!!! I also believe in prophecy that tells the true meaning of a Scripture that undones centuries of false doctrine. This kind of prophesying must be tested against all scripture.
My intention was not to preach at all. I thought we were having a discussion. It seems to have become emotionally charged.

Upvote 0

Words1234

Jul 15, 2019
Miami
✟8,417.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Single
For many years I have been struggeling with something. At a Christian festival as I sat among the people thinking about this problem an older woman (I never seen before) a few seats away started profetizing with a loud voice. It was like she was talking directly to me, starting with "So says the Lord..." and continuing with describing my problem and ending with that I didn't have to worry and that God would help me.

This is maybe five years ago and still the prophecy hasn't come true. Now I wonder why. Is it because I doubted in God's promise or because of personal sins, or maybe something else? Maybe more important, is the prophecy still valid or do think God has taken it back?

zoidar said, "This is maybe five years ago and still the prophecy hasn't come true. Now I wonder why."

First, my heart goes out to you for experiencing such disappointment and discouragement.

Scripture teaches according to Eph 2:19-20, Jude 1:3, and 2 Pe 1:19-20 that prophecy has ceased with the last apostle.

I'd encourage you to turn to Scripture where God only speaks to comfort encourage and direct his sons and daughters in finding his ways and path...

Praying for you,

Upvote 0

zoidar

loves Jesus the Christ! ✝️
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2010
✟886,660.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
zoidar said, "This is maybe five years ago and still the prophecy hasn't come true. Now I wonder why."

First, my heart goes out to you for experiencing such disappointment and discouragement.

Scripture teaches according to Eph 2:19-20, Jude 1:3, and 2 Pe 1:19-20 that prophecy has ceased with the last apostle.

I'd encourage you to turn to Scripture where God only speaks to comfort encourage and direct his sons and daughters in finding his ways and path...

Praying for you,

Thanks for prayers!

Upvote 0

zoidar

loves Jesus the Christ! ✝️
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2010
✟886,660.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

I don't hold that interpretation of those verses. But again thanks for prayers, even you have a different understanding.

Upvote 0