Got a word from the Lord that didn't (yet?) come true.

CharismaticLady

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
"Oy vey?" If you're going to break the third commandment, the least you could do is capitalize His Name.

It means "woe is me." It is a Jewish expression of frustration and not about God, so unless you think I am God, and should capitalize vey, I didn't break any commandment.

Oy vey! :doh:They do not capitalize the v.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

D.A. Wright

Stealth Defender Of Holy Writ
Site Supporter
Jul 18, 2019
Central PA
✟53,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It means "woe is me." It is a Jewish expression of frustration and not about God, so unless you think I am God, and should capitalize vey, I didn't break any commandment.

I made an admittedly embarrassing mistake in having a long-held assumption that "vey" was some Yiddish corruption of the word "Yahweh." Very sorry for wrongly accusing you. Very, very sorry, indeed.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure that delegitimizes everything else I said.

Upvote 0

CharismaticLady

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
I made an admittedly embarrassing mistake in having a long-held assumption that "vey" was some Yiddish corruption of the word "Yahweh." Very sorry for wrongly accusing you. Very, very sorry, indeed.

"A day without learning something, is a day wasted." :)

Upvote 0

CharismaticLady

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate

Maybe to you, but I was once very closed minded, and not one of my prayers were answered. Now that I'm not, and just depend on God to teach me the true meaning of every Scripture, ALL my prayers are answered. 1 John 3:21-23.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

D.A. Wright

Site Supporter
Jul 18, 2019
Central PA
✟53,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Maybe to you, but I was once very closed minded, and not one of my prayers were answered. Now that I'm not, and just depend on God to teach me the true meaning of every Scripture, ALL my prayers are answered. 1 John 3:21-23.
As you say.

Again, regarding the "Oy, vey" matter:
(####****This is an embarrassing error and undue accusation for which I am very, very sorry and for which I take full responsibility. I have wronged you grievously, CharismaticLady.****####)

Upvote 0

CharismaticLady

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
As you say.

Again, regarding the "Oy, vey" matter:
(####****This is an embarrassing error and undue accusation for which I am very, very sorry and for which I take full responsibility. I have wronged you grievously, CharismaticLady.****####)

I accept your apology. It was a mistake, and we need to forgive each other unintentional mistakes, called trespasses.

Matthew 6:14-15
14 “For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. 15 But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

Upvote 0

CharismaticLady

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
@David Wright

That does not stop me from fellowshiping with other believers. But it gets frustrating, oy vey!, when I know more than the pastor. Most pastors are from a denomination, and don't teach outside the norm for that particular denomination. Very crippling.

Upvote 0

D.A. Wright

Site Supporter
Jul 18, 2019
Central PA
✟53,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
@David Wright

That does not stop me from fellowshiping with other believers. But it gets frustrating, oy vey!, when I know more than the pastor. Most pastors are from a denomination, and don't teach outside the norm for that particular denomination. Very crippling.
I'm sorry--I'm not sure I understand what you mean by the first word: "That"
Again, Sorry. The obvious quite often slips past me. I can be a bit dense at times.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CharismaticLady

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Again, Sorry. The obvious quite often slips past me. I can be a bit dense at times.

I don't either - can't find the post. Are you sure it was "That" and not "Then" (Daniel 9:27?) Then indicates going forward, not backtracking to Jesus before He was "cut off" (crucified)

Don't forget, this vision is about Israel, and the last prophecy of Jesus concerning them was the destruction of the temple.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

D.A. Wright

Site Supporter
Jul 18, 2019
Central PA
✟53,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't either - can't find the post. Are you sure it was "That" and not "Then" (Daniel 9:27?) Then indicates going forward, not backtracking to Jesus before He was "cut off" (crucified)

Don't forget, this vision is about Israel, and the last prophecy of Jesus concerning them was the destruction of the temple.
I dunno. It was post #167, it seemed to be addressed to me, but you didn't quote anything, and I don't recall being involved in a conversation about Daniel 9. Oh, well, at my age (I just turned 55 on Monday--ancient, right? lol), I'm slowly accepting the fact that sometimes ya just gotta let some things go.
I must say I know what you mean about pastors. But then I've had to learn that pastors are people, too. If I hadn't learned that I would have lost a lot of respect for them a long time ago. We all man our posts by the grace of God in spite of ourselves, I reckon. They're under the most severe attacks by Satan. That's who I'd go after if I were the devil. I heard some very interesting remarks about the calling of pastors once, given in a sermon at a ministerial convention. It's actually on Youtube. It's called "War Stories" by Henry Wright. His view was that pastors are called not necessarily because of any excellence they possess but because they need the discipline of the severe trials in order to actually be saved. He makes the case by highlighting the initial character flaws of various apostles and prophets. One of my favorite sermons. Helps to keep me aware of my susceptibility and tendency toward pride.

Upvote 0

D.A. Wright

Site Supporter
Jul 18, 2019
Central PA
✟53,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I dunno. It was post #167, it seemed to be addressed to me, but you didn't quote anything, and I don't recall being involved in a conversation about Daniel 9. Oh, well, at my age (I just turned 55 on Monday--ancient, right? lol), I'm slowly accepting the fact that sometimes ya just gotta let some things go.
I must say I know what you mean about pastors. But then I've had to learn that pastors are people, too. If I hadn't learned that I would have lost a lot of respect for them a long time ago. We all man our posts by the grace of God in spite of ourselves, I reckon. They're under the most severe attacks by Satan. That's who I'd go after if I were the devil. I heard some very interesting remarks about the calling of pastors once, given in a sermon at a ministerial convention. It's actually on Youtube. It's called "War Stories" by Henry Wright. His view was that pastors are called not necessarily because of any excellence they possess but because they need the discipline of the severe trials in order to actually be saved. He makes the case by highlighting the initial character flaws of various apostles and prophets. One of my favorite sermons. Helps to keep me aware of my susceptibility and tendency toward pride.
Think I'll listen to it now. It's been a while.

Upvote 0

CharismaticLady

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate

I see it now. The "that" was in reference to my previous post where I said I was not a denominationalist. But that doesn't mean I don't go to church, but I try to find one that believes in most of what I have found to be true.

I see you think you are getting old. LOL But I just turned 72 today!

Reactions: D.A. Wright
Upvote 0

D.A. Wright

Site Supporter
Jul 18, 2019
Central PA
✟53,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I see it now. The "that" was in reference to my previous post where I said I was not a denominationalist. But that doesn't mean I don't go to church, but I try to find one that believes in most of what I have found to be true.

Gotcha.
Well, A very Happy Birthday to you, then!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
And getting back on topic...yes, it's very possible that the lady who was seated close by was indeed given a Word from God in answer to your concern. May God bless her for speaking!!

There is one thing that you should consider: God is not as concerned with the passage of time as we are. If He says that he will take care of the problem, then He will do so, but it will be done in His time, not ours.

What I have found to be most helpful in these situations are three things:
1. Hang on to that promise!
2. Watch for the signposts along the way that God is still working on your behalf.
3. (and most important!) Remember that if God brought you to this situation, He will also bring you through it, and walk with you along the way until you are safely delivered. Don't forge to thank Him!

Upvote 0