Country
United States
Faith
Fundament. Christ.
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What needs to happen is the parties need to work together to fix this mess. They need to quit the bickering and mess and get to work fixing issues and getting stuff done.

This is ridiculous. I expect childish behavior from small children, but enough is enough.

Pray for our country.

All good things
Emmy

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
What needs to happen is the parties need to work together to fix this mess. They need to quit the bickering and mess and get to work fixing issues and getting stuff done.

This is ridiculous. I expect childish behavior from small children, but enough is enough.

Pray for our country.

All good things
Emmy

It's not "childish". It's bottom-line deliberate, calculated, corrupt, and mile deep in blatant falsehood of the most deliberate kind.

And i believe this thread is about this:

CNN'S biased Poll and Timing.

Isn't it?

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,091,194.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Being the underdog can work for a candidate. The underdog's supporters can be convinced they have to come out in force to prevent the front runner from getting elected. Isn't that why Trump has been running around the country spreading his message of hate and division the last few weeks?

Whenever I hear, "A vote for DeSantis is a vote for Trump" I think "a vote for Gillum is a vote against Trump."

When Floridians hear "clean coal" they are probably starting to think "120 mph winds." And health care is apparently the biggest issue in the country, especially for a state that has many retirees and a low ranking on health care delivery.

I hope the CNN poll is a sign Floridians are waking up. DeSantis isn't best for Floridians.

Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
It's not "childish". It's bottom-line deliberate, calculated, corrupt, and mile deep in blatant falsehood of the most deliberate kind.

And i believe this thread is about this:

CNN'S biased Poll and Timing.

Isn't it?

Prove that it was false....

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
DeSantis rips CNN for releasing ‘misleading poll’ ahead of first debate with Gillum

I know all news is now biased but CNN bias is getting ridiculous. Coming out with such a poll right before a debate is has clear parisan implications. CNN should be renamed the DNN for Democratic News Network.

Anybody who looks at the actual poll can see that Desantis is being dishonest (at least about the party affiliation part):

http://cdn.cnn.com/cnn/2018/images/10/21/rel1_fl2.pdf

The question about party affiliation had nothing to do with the overall preference of Gillum over Desantis. Party affiliation was merely one demographic breakdown among many.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Oh gosh, they released the results of a public poll? How very dare they..

But of course -- they should have known that the poll would make the GOP look bad and then chosen not to release it as a personal favor...

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,649.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
DeSantis rips CNN for releasing ‘misleading poll’ ahead of first debate with Gillum

I know all news is now biased but CNN bias is getting ridiculous. Coming out with such a poll right before a debate is has clear parisan implications. CNN should be renamed the DNN for Democratic News Network.
CNN didn't conduct the poll; SSRS did. Furthermore, FiveThirtyEight concurs, so it's not an outlier.

DeSantis is not the GOP and calling CNN the DNN just shows your own prejudice and predilection for name-calling.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
RealClearPolitics is a good source for finding all the polls and seeing how they differ from each other. The problem is that the polling methods vary widely and some are certainly meant to produce a result that favors one party or candidate over the other, but the average person has no idea what polling methods were used.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The results of polls are irrelevant to how I vote. Does anyone change their mind and vote for someone because they had a lead in a poll? I would hate to think anyone would be that shallow and insecure. I find it strange that the media makes such a big deal out of polls. It seems to me that their coverage of elections being so akin to sports coverage i.e. rooting for one side or the other to win rather than explaining to viewers readers and listeners what each candidate would be expected to do if elected, might have something to do with that.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The results of polls are irrelevant to how I vote. Does anyone change their mind and vote for someone because they had a lead in a poll? I would hate to think anyone would be that shallow and insecure. I find it strange that the media makes such a big deal out of polls. It seems to me that their coverage of elections being so akin to sports coverage i.e. rooting for one side or the other to win rather than explaining to viewers readers and listeners what each candidate would be expected to do if elected, might have something to do with that.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Upvote 0

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single

They're just for giving people an idea how the race is going, and if someone sees their candidate behind it might encourage them to vote when they might not have bothered otherwise. If anything this poll probably does more to help DeSantis than Gillum. If Democratic voters see Gillum has a large lead, they might not bother coming out on polling day.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
The results of polls are irrelevant to how I vote. Does anyone change their mind and vote for someone because they had a lead in a poll?
Some people do. Or at least they tend to do that, especially in races where they have no strong favorite.

I would hate to think anyone would be that shallow and insecure. I find it strange that the media makes such a big deal out of polls. It seems to me that their coverage of elections being so akin to sports coverage i.e. rooting for one side or the other to win rather than explaining to viewers readers and listeners what each candidate would be expected to do if elected, might have something to do with that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Do they have proof of this poll being """"biased"""", or is it just whining because the poll doesn't say what they want to hear?

I think I know the answer. I just want to hear what OP has to say about it.
Ringo

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
They're just for giving people an idea how the race is going, and if someone sees their candidate behind it might encourage them to vote when they might not have bothered otherwise. If anything this poll probably does more to help DeSantis than Gillum. If Democratic voters see Gillum has a large lead, they might not bother coming out on polling day.

Why would anyone need to know how the race was going according to some poll in order to be motivated to vote? If someone who has any sort of preference in politics does not vote because they are using the excuse that polls say their vote isn't needed or their vote would be useless they are simply irresponsible and ought from then on to keep quiet if the government does not act as they would prefer. They had the chance to be heard and decided it was more important to do something else instead. Even if it were actually difficult in some way to vote, one would have no excuse but since the reality of the situation now is about one step short of having people come to one's house and registering one's vote straight from one's couch by having one nod if one wants to vote for so a candidate, it makes not doing so look like either complete apathy or both irresponsibility and laziness.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have never heard of that, in real life or in the media.

I either. And my thought is that anyone so invested in what others are doing and so insecure as to be swayed by wanting to fit in with the winners would be well advised to just skip the whole thing and tell everyone they voted for whoever ends yup winning. This way they get to be a band wagon rider without also messing up the process for the serious voters.

Upvote 0