GOP lawmakers slam Biden admin in reaction to college murder suspect’s immigration status: ‘Close the border!’

BCP1928

Jan 30, 2024
Goldsboro NC
✟172,750.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
To the contrary, I don't understand how leaders can keep polices that increase drug deaths, rapes, and child trafficking. The exploitation needs to stop.
Because the right refuses to enact policies which will address those issues unless asylum seekers are specifically excluded as well.

• Winner
Reactions: DaisyDay

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Your understanding is incorrect. If over the course of a week the average is 5,000 or more, then the right to seek asylum is suspended and stays that way until the number of crossings drops to I believe 3750 or so per day over the course of a week. In addition this happens if it hits more then a certain number in a single day as well. And the President has the option to suspend it with a lower number.

And here's the thing, even if you think those numbers are high, it's still a lot more stringent then the current law which does not allow the suspension of the right to apply for asylum at all.
It's not more stringent than current law, it allows more illegals to be paroled into our country. Democrats need to deal with this, not blame Trump.
It was Joe's policies that allowed the murder of that poor Georgia university student. His scheduled visit to the border and pretense to fix the disaster is too late for her and many, many others.

Reactions: DJWhalen
Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,448.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
It's not more stringent than current law,
Oh? At what point under current law are we allowed to suspend applications for asylum for those caught outside of an official point of entry?
it allows more illegals to be paroled into our country. Democrats need to deal with this, not blame Trump.
It was Joe's policies that allowed the murder of that poor Georgia university student.
The suspect was legally protected from removal until his asylum case was resolved, which takes a really time because of lack of resources. Biden couldn't deport him if he wanted to, so claiming it was his policies at fault is a bit of a stretch.
His scheduled visit to the border and pretense to fix the disaster is too late for her and many, many others.
What about his attempts to strengthen immigration law?

• Optimistic
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,051.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In addition this happens if it hits more then a certain number in a single day as well. And the President has the option to suspend it with a lower number.
8,500 or 8,600 in a single day would trigger an automatic suspension.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
As I've indicated before I don't think much of political parties, or at least the two major parties. It was SOME Republicans in the Senate. Mitch McConnell, the Bush family, John McCain, Paul Ryan, the Cheneys, Republicans but establishment. The Senate today has many establishment Republicans. I consider establishment people those who will do what's best for themselves or their party to keep their power too often instead of what is right--not the kind of people to trust if someone's life is on the line. Senators and media people who pretend the Senate bill would secure the border are part of a hoax. 90 to 95 billions dollars for foreign war, no money for the wall, no money to detain and deport illegals. The money allocated by the Senate bill would go to bring more illegals into the country.
How is raging against the Establishment in any way “conservative”?

• Haha
Upvote 0

7thKeeper

Scion of the Devonian Sea
Jul 8, 2006
Finland
✟108,680.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
From my understanding the major thing they take issue with is relating to the border ... in that ... it still allows illegals in but limits it to 5,000 per day ... excuse me ... but that is 150,000 per month ... so really not a whole lot different than whats going on now.
Except, that's not true. Arcangl posted an explanation already, so I won't rehash that.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,064.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I could ask the same of you fro H.R. 2. The normal procedure is for the House to introduce a bill and if the Senate wants changes they make a companion bill with changes, then in conference they hash out differences. The Senate and Joe Biden have stalled on H.R. 2 since last May. The Senate Judiciary Committee is supposed to be debating the bill, but Democrat senators will not allow it. Since H.R. 2 was sent to the committee they have had over 80 MEETINGS, but it seems Democrats have had no time to deal with the border disaster. But I'll make a few comments beyond that. Conservatives have urged Joe to rescind his orders made in the first 100 days that caused the disaster, along with making stronger comments to reverse his public invitation for immigrants to come to America. Joe hasn't budged for three years, and now Democrats put out a Senate bill so they can blame the crisis on those who don't vote for their horrible bill. Remember they blame Trump for the economy, for all kinds of today's problems, so this is par for the course. Democrats have been urged to first deal with the border disaster alone, and the Senate bill, as I said, allocates 90 to 95 billion dollars for foreign war. Money is not allocated for the border wall or to detain and send back illegals, and a major complaint is that today Joe diverts resources to process more illegals into the country. The bill needs to state specifically so much money must be used for the wall, to send illegals back, etc. else there is no reason to think Joe will change his policies. The bill codifies the average of 5000 illegals a day into the country. The bill expands the pardon and parole that Mayorkas has abused. It should be labeled the "Continue the southern border invasion bill."
So this wasn't needed? This wasn't a step in the right direction? This wouldn't have helped?

'The $118 billion bill included more than $18 billion for DHS, $900 million for Justice and close to another $1 billion for border and immigration related issues at other agencies.

The legislation would have supported more than 4,300 asylum officers at U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, 1,500 new Customs and Border Protection personnel—including both Border Patrol agents and customs officers—1,200 Immigration and Customs Enforcement employees, 100 immigration judges and support staff and additional USCIS staff.' Senate rejects border-related federal hiring surge after Republicans turn on deal

And this is what the GOP proposed. If it had been solely the Democrats then I could see the Republicans playing politics with lives and rejecting it. But it was their bill.

If you reject any solution then it seems the border isn't that important to you as you keep making out.

• Useful
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

7thKeeper

Scion of the Devonian Sea
Jul 8, 2006
Finland
✟108,680.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
That certainly is one major factor, that's a level before any action at all is to be taken. Along with expanding parole into our country it not just puts into law policies that continue the crisis, but makes the disaster worse. Conservatives wish to SOLVE this disaster, not have our country destroyed.
Except "that major factor" is made up. You've also been corrected on this before in other threads as well on this matter, iirc.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

So this wasn't needed? This wasn't a step in the right direction? This wouldn't have helped?
The Senate Bill, and I have pointed out why, would make things much much worse. The Biden administration has been blatantly dishonest for almost three years with claims that the border was safe, secure, and closed. All the while they have been misusing taxpayer money to process more illegals into the country. Now, in a presidential election year, Joe and those supporting him are pretending they want to do something to solve the crisis, but Joe won't rescind the orders he made in his first 100 days that created this international crisis. Rescinding his orders would go a long way toward fixing the problems. Giving the administration more money to bring illegals into the country is foolhardy. Money needs to be specifically allocated to build the wall (that means drones and security too) and to DETAIN and EXPEL illegals, starting with the criminals. H.R. 2 did the OPPOSITE of the Senate bill, PULLING money from processing noncitizens into the country, and STOPPING the use of Border Protection Air to transport illegals into our country (unless they are to be detained).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,064.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The Senate Bill, and I have pointed out why, would make things much much worse.
So the Republicans say that helping to solve the problem will require a few billion dollars, let's get that money, propose a bill...we're going well so far...but then decide, after Trump virtually tells everyone that HE wants to solve the problem himself, that hey, maybe what we thought was a great idea wasn't such a great idea after all.

If it had been a Democrat proposal then I might have understood them wanting to play politics. But these clowns voted down something they put together themselves.

If Armando Iannucci or Larry David had written this as an episode or two in a comedy we'd all laugh at it.

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
"Democrats love to point out that illegal immigrants are convicted of violent crimes at just half the rate of native-born Americans. But 100% of the crimes committed by illegal immigrants could have been prevented if they were never allowed into the country. But for Biden’s catch-and-release border policies, Laken Riley would be alive today.
There is no law stopping ICE from working with local law enforcement to deport immigrants when they commit crimes. No act of Congress is needed to authorize ICE to deport criminal immigrants. In fact, ICE is required, by law, to remove them. It is only because of Biden’s use of executive power that they are allowed to stay. Biden should change ICE deportation priorities, and he should do it now before more people die."

I thought this opinion piece hit the nail on the head.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,064.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
"Democrats love to point out that illegal immigrants are convicted of violent crimes at just half the rate of native-born Americans. But 100% of the crimes committed by illegal immigrants could have been prevented if they were never allowed into the country.
Hey, I love your logic. Can't fault it. It's a useless argument. But full marks for the insightful way you've assembled what we might describe as a vacuous truth.

• Haha
Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,979.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
"The brutal murderer who took the life of Laken was one of the millions of illegal aliens that the Biden Administration simply released and unleashed upon our country," Johnson wrote on X, formerly Twitter.
It is hard for me to come to grips with the fact that there are still quite a few Americans who support the horrifying Biden administration border polices. All of the criminals, the fentanyl deaths, the mental patients, the terrorists, and now the flow of well-dressed Chinese men of military age and still a large number of Democrats still support Joe. So too they remain silent at the government abuses against those who stand up to policies of the Democrats.
I wonder if the bipartisan bill that the MAGAs scuppered at the direct behest of Mr Trump was directly responsible for this death?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Hey, I love your logic. Can't fault it. It's a useless argument. But full marks for the insightful way you've assembled what we might describe as a vacuous truth.
It's not like "Six not so easy pieces." It's common sense. As much as they try and blame it on anything else but their own policies.

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,448.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
It's not just Biden, New York had this guy in custody because he endangered a child and they let him go.
NYPD has said they have no record of him ever being arrested there.
Woke welcome policies have made the U.S. a prime target for criminals from around the world.
Bail reform and immigration reform are separate issues.

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Oh? At what point under current law are we allowed to suspend applications for asylum for those caught outside of an official point of entry?

The suspect was legally protected from removal until his asylum case was resolved, which takes a really time because of lack of resources. Biden couldn't deport him if he wanted to, so claiming it was his policies at fault is a bit of a stretch.

What about his attempts to strengthen immigration law?
What is your source for the asylum story. I've read many stories and have not seen that claim.

"U.S. immigration records reviewed by Just the News show that Ibarra entered the United States in 2022 and was flagged for illegal entry and removal. A year later he was given parole under the Biden administration’s new policy and provided a work permit, the records show."

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What is your source for the asylum story. I've read many stories and have not seen that claim.

"U.S. immigration records reviewed by Just the News show that Ibarra entered the United States in 2022 and was flagged for illegal entry and removal. A year later he was given parole under the Biden administration’s new policy and provided a work permit, the records show."
Wait, as he hasn't been convicted, he is still innocent according to MAGA logic.

Upvote 0