loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
'Good riddance': New York governor cheers Trump changing residency to Florida
New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo didn't mince words when he learned Thursday that President Donald Trump had filed paperwork to change his permanent residence from New York City to Palm Beach, Florida.

"Good riddance. It's not like Mr. Trump paid taxes here anyway," Cuomo said in statement. "He's all yours, Florida."

The residence change was first reported by The New York Times.
70+ years old, spends his day watching tv, playing golf and yelling about people picking on/not listening to him? Oh yeah, he's been a "Florida guy" for a while now... :sorry:
tulc(thought this was interesting) :wave:

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Upvote 0

Contenders Edge

Site Supporter
May 13, 2019
Hayfork
✟167,447.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
'Good riddance': New York governor cheers Trump changing residency to Florida

70+ years old, spends his day watching tv, playing golf and yelling about people picking on/not listening to him? Oh yeah, he's been a "Florida guy" for a while now... :sorry:
tulc(thought this was interesting) :wave:

If every Bible-believing Christian and conservative were to leave New York, the antichrist leftists would finally get to see what it is like to live in a place without the light of Christ and without God. He will finally grant the world its wish someday, but they will not be nearly as glad to see us gone as we will be to leave.

Upvote 0

Contenders Edge

Site Supporter
May 13, 2019
Hayfork
✟167,447.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
uhmmm...I suspect you're over estimating how important those groups are in determining if God is present/absent in a place. :wave:
tulc(is just sayn') :sorry:

No I am not. If a people reject the Gospel long enough, eventually, God will grant their request and remove His presence from them and that is a dangerous and dark place for anyone to be which can lead to nothing more than judgment and destruction. He will not force His love and mercy on anyone. Where there is no Christian presence, there is no Gospel being preached and the people are left in their unbelief blinded by their sin and the darkness of this present world.

Upvote 0

GACfan

Aug 15, 2019
Texas
✟77,930.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
uhmmm...I suspect you're over estimating how important those groups are in determining if God is present/absent in a place. :wave:
tulc(is just sayn') :sorry:

Well said, tulc. Donald Trump isn't a Bible-believing Christian and it's highly doubtful that he's actually a conservative. However, he's well skilled at telling lies and conning people for his personal advantage.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Go Braves
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟430,156.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
It'll be good when he leaves the oval office as well. Hopefully the next president won't 'tweet', so we won't all have to hear about his or her every inane thought or action every day. It's draining. I don't even watch TV and it still gets into my automated news feed on my phone every so often. (Whenever I see one of those stories, I always check "This news is unhelpful", but it never completely eliminates Trump content. Hmm.)

I wouldn't dislike Trump nearly as much as I do if it didn't feel like he was busy through his manipulation of the media turning the country into a giant version of one of his resorts or his reality TV show. United States of America yes, United States of Trump Inc. no.

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No I am not. If a people reject the Gospel long enough, eventually, God will grant their request and remove His presence from them and that is a dangerous and dark place for anyone to be which can lead to nothing more than judgment and destruction. He will not force His love and mercy on anyone. Where there is no Christian presence, there is no Gospel being preached and the people are left in their unbelief blinded by their sin and the darkness of this present world.
uhmmm...you didn't say reject the Gospel, you said
If every Bible-believing Christian and conservative were to leave New York,
Bible believing Christians and conservatives aren't the gospel nor are they what determines if God's presence is in a place. :wave:
tulc(still suspects Contenders Edge to have over estimated how important "Bible-believing Christian and conservative" are in that regard) :sorry:

Upvote 0

Contenders Edge

Site Supporter
May 13, 2019
Hayfork
✟167,447.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
uhmmm...you didn't say reject the Gospel, you said

Bible believing Christians and conservatives aren't the gospel nor are they what determines if God's presence is in a place. :wave:
tulc(still suspects Contenders Edge to have over estimated how important "Bible-believing Christian and conservative" are in that regard) :sorry:

And what would give Bible-believing Christians a reason to leave a state like New York or California? If the Gospel is rejected by the people there and persecution takes place. We have no reason to reside in a place where we know the Gospel is being rejected. I am not saying that New York has reached that point yet, but unless there is a spiritual awakening, things here in America could get to that point and there will be certain places in the country in which Christians will no longer have any business residing in.

Even Jesus said that if a certain place refuses to hear the Gospel or repent, to move on. (Mt. 10:14-15) And let us just say that the people of New York have decided they want nothing to do with Jesus and there is nothing that can be said or done to persuade them to repent. Under such circumstances, Jesus says that they have sealed their doom. (Mt. 10:14-15)

And when did I say that Christians and conservatives were the Gospel? Show me in my post where I specifically said that.

They are but servants and instruments of the Gospel and the more of God's people are present in a place, naturally the more God's presence is felt because He dwells in us by His Spirit, but if He were to call all of His people and servants out of a certain place, His presence will not be felt as strongly.

God will only stretch out His offer of love, mercy and forgiveness for so long but if a person or a people harden their hearts to much and reject their Maker for too long, eventually God will withdraw Himself from them because they wanted nothing to do with Him. They loved the darkness of their sin too much.

And in those place from which God has withdrawn His Spirit, is only evil and darkness. Eventually, a day will come when the Church is taken up out of this world and at that time, a darkness and evil will arise such as never has been before.

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And what would give Bible-believing Christians a reason to leave a state like New York or California?
uhmmm...people leave lots of places for lots of reasons. Heck, I left Indiana in 1978 to move to Chicago to help the poor and spread the Gospel, and I'm still here doing both in 2019. :wave:
tulc(is up, drinking coffee getting read to drag out his instant pot and start making dinner for the family tonight) ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Contenders Edge

Site Supporter
May 13, 2019
Hayfork
✟167,447.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
uhmmm...people leave lots of places for lots of reasons. Heck, I left Indiana in 1978 to move to Chicago to help the poor and spread the Gospel, and I'm still here doing both in 2019. :wave:
tulc(is up, drinking coffee getting read to drag out his instant pot and start making dinner for the family tonight) ;)

But you did not leave Indiana due to the people being hostile towards the Gospel. There is a difference. And while in Chicago, would you or would you not say that your efforts have brought forth results? If they have, then you have had plenty of reason to stay. If not and if your preaching of the Gospel had been met with only hostility then you would have probably considered moving on.

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But you did not leave Indiana due to the people being hostile towards the Gospel. There is a difference.
You don't know that, you're assuming it. Just like you seem to be assuming God is only present when people who (apparently) think like you do are around. :wave:

And while in Chicago, would you or would you not say that your efforts have brought forth results?
Oh yeah, we've helped thousands of people over the years. :)

If they have, then you have had plenty of reason to stay.
uhmmm...the "results" aren't why I stay, I stay because God hasn't told me to leave.

If not and if your preaching of the Gospel had been met with only hostility then you would have probably considered moving on.
you seem a little unclear on how this works: as Christians we're supposed to do what we believe God is calling us to do. We aren't called to "be successful" or "to accomplish things", we're called to love one another and serve the poor, and we stay until the Lord says it's time to move on. After 40+ years of serving here that's one lesson that I/we have to keep formost in out hearts. :oldthumbsup:
tulc(well...that and don't drink decaff coffee...) :sorry:

Upvote 0

Contenders Edge

Site Supporter
May 13, 2019
Hayfork
✟167,447.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

You don't know that, you're assuming it. Just like you seem to be assuming God is only present when people who (apparently) think like you do are around. :wave:

Being a state with a very strong evangelical base, it would be unimaginable for Christians be chased out of there due to persecution. But in a state like California or New York, perhaps that would not be such a surprise these days since both states have antichrist legislative bodies.

Oh yeah, we've helped thousands of people over the years. :)

Okay, doesn't sound like your labors are in vain.

uhmmm...the "results" aren't why I stay, I stay because God hasn't told me to leave.

If people are benefiting from your ministry and lives are being changed, all the more reason to stay. God is not going to call you away from Chicago just yet.

you seem a little unclear on how this works: as Christians we're supposed to do what we believe God is calling us to do. We aren't called to "be successful" or "to accomplish things", we're called to love one another and serve the poor, and we stay until the Lord says it's time to move on. After 40+ years of serving here that's one lesson that I/we have to keep formost in out hearts. :oldthumbsup:
tulc(well...that and don't drink decaff coffee...) :sorry:

Then under what circumstances did Jesus say that we should leave a place where we were sent to preach the Gospel?

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
(snip)
Then under what circumstances did Jesus say that we should leave a place where we were sent to preach the Gospel?
...when He says it's time to leave. :wave:
tulc(sort of thought that was the point of Him being the Lord) :sorry:

Upvote 0