• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

GoFundMe launched to pay for Trump's border wall, $1M in two days

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by LostMarbels, Dec 19, 2018.

1. LostMarbels

LostMarbels Follower of Jesus

+1,819
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Others
    Cool. So what about botulism and cancer? Found anything on that? Here's a hint, it is currently being discussed in the Los Angeles Superior Court that Starbucks needs a surgeon general's warning on its label to warn consumers. Last time I checked cancer was a disease.

Starbucks, others must carry cancer warning in California, judge rules

And back to the topic at hand...

2. Hank77

Hank77 Well-Known Member Supporter

+9,119
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    Is that what the judge said, "that Starbucks needs a surgeon general's warning on its label".
    Nope here's what the judge said.....

Superior Court Judge Elihu Berle said in a proposed decision Wednesday that Starbucks and other coffee companies failed to prove the threat from a chemical compound produced during coffee roasting was insignificant.
    “Coffee has been shown, over and over again, to be a healthy beverage. This lawsuit has made a mockery of Prop 65, has confused consumers, and does nothing to improve public health,” National Coffee Association President and CEO William “Bill” Murray responded.

Coffee needs cancer warning in California, judge rules

This judge thinks all roasted coffee is unsafe.
    Is it possible that when Kolfage was criticizing a story put out by Freedom Daily, sure it is, especially if it was against all coffee, which is the product. That doesn't change the facts that I posted above.

By the way I was trying to prove that this guy is legit. I think I did that fairly well. Your Welcome.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. archer75

archer75 Well-Known Member Supporter

+3,207
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    18000 people is very low next to the total population.

4. archer75

archer75 Well-Known Member Supporter

+3,207
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    Why don't we pay for wars with gofundme accounts, too?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  5. LostMarbels

+1,819
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Others
    Forgive me, I am not exactly used to polite conversation nor someone trying to be nice.

6. Hank77

Hank77 Well-Known Member Supporter

+9,119
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    I understand, forgotten. I'm not always polite. :(

Kolfage is a severely disabled vet. I was motivated.

7. Akita Suggagaki

Akita Suggagaki Active Member

+220
    United States
    Catholic
    Single

Yes, if that came to be, let those who want it pay for it themselves.

8. Go Braves

Go Braves On semi-hiatus here. Y'all take care.

+7,051
    United States
    Catholic
    In Relationship
    US-Republican
    Lol. If Donald wants his wall so badly & he's as rich as he brags, let him pay for it.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  9. LostMarbels

+1,819
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Others
    I am actually quite amused that this is an attempt to go around any attempt to stop the wall. Whether or not it works the intent is still there. I am also amused at the fact that if this does work, there won't be a thing anyone can do about it doling out a doseg shoulder shrugs and 'all wells' to all of those who have been amused by the walls obstruction.

10. Go Braves

+7,051
    United States
    Catholic
    In Relationship
    US-Republican

I think most folks are amused by this, lol.

11. GoldenBoy89

GoldenBoy89 We're Still Here

+14,192
    Humanist
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Well, you've figured out how to pay for it.

Now you just need to acquire all the land for the project.

12. Go Braves

+7,051
    United States
    Catholic
    In Relationship
    US-Republican
    Well by using that lolgic the number of Americans who don't contribute a dime to that GoFundMe also represents how many of us are saying that Donald's wall is asinine.

13. LostMarbels

+1,819
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Others
    In the largest federal land seizure in 25 years, the Department of Justice filed more than 420 eminent domain actions against property owners in Texas and three other states to build a border fence—paying $25 million for 21,000 acres of land for 654 miles of fencing to block migrants from crossing the border.

As President Trump pushes for a U.S.-Mexico border wall—sparking political tension between the two countries—The Texas Tribune and ProPublica show how the U.S. government is likely to seize land for new wall segments by analyzing how it acquired land for border fencing.

Under federal eminent domain law, landowners can’t fight the taking of their land, only the amount the government will pay for it. Those payments fluctuated greatly depending on whether a landowner had the will and the resources to fight.

The law calls for property appraisals and formal land descriptions before a government “taking.” But federal agencies, facing a congressional deadline, skipped formal appraisals and legal descriptions, allowing the government to name its price.
    Pulitzer center

*** Mind you. The Gov already owns where the existing fences sits. This 654 miles is in addition to that.***

Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  14. LostMarbels

+1,819
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Others
    Yeah, but no one cares anymore. That envelope was pushed too far. If it has come to the point where attempts to circumvent opposition occur, than it is blatantly obvious it is intended to be completed without your input, consent, or even consideration.

15. yeshuaslavejeff

yeshuaslavejeff simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua

+8,254
    Anabaptist
    Finally, a fresh exposure of politics as it has been since before wwI !

16. Go Braves

+7,051
    United States
    Catholic
    In Relationship
    US-Republican
    Hey look, if folks want to give up THEIR money for the asinine wall that will never, ever be built no matter how many temper tantrums Donald needs to have about it, I don't care a diddly dang about that. "A fool & his money are soon parted."

17. essentialsaltes

essentialsaltes Stranger in a Strange Land

+7,836
    Atheist
    Legal Union (Other)
    0.1% to the goal, 0.02% to Trump's $5B goal. But I can't wait to see how this turns out.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  18. yeshuaslavejeff

yeshuaslavejeff simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua

+8,254
    Anabaptist
    Nationwide (maybe worldwide) MORE money was spent each on sports, medicine, gambling, and a large number separately or mixed of sinful/greedy corporations or agencies,
    than on doing what God's Word says to do ...... as people serve money or idols , etc,

19. LostMarbels

+1,819
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Others
    Fresh perspective?

Sure... we all know congress, the house and the Gov are all about the will of the people.

20. LostMarbels

+1,819
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Others
    Thanks for helping out with the upkeep once it's up.... appreciate it.