Special Prosecutor in Trump Case Allegedly Billed Fani Willis’s Office $6k for 24 Hours of Work in 1 Day

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,291.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
“On November 5, 2021, Wade’s invoice is for 24 hours of work,” Roman’s legal team noted in a footnote on page 13.
The description next to the invoice is listed as “prepared cases for pre-trial,” though it does not indicate how many individuals were being compensated for the services. He billed for $250.00 per hour, according to the invoice in the motion, equating to a $6,000 charge."

What bothers me the most is not the amount, which is outrageous, but that taxpayer money is being used for political purposes.

• Agree
Reactions: Vambram

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
“On November 5, 2021, Wade’s invoice is for 24 hours of work,” Roman’s legal team noted in a footnote on page 13.
The description next to the invoice is listed as “prepared cases for pre-trial,” though it does not indicate how many individuals were being compensated for the services. He billed for $250.00 per hour, according to the invoice in the motion, equating to a $6,000 charge."

What bothers me the most is not the amount, which is outrageous, but that taxpayer money is being used for political purposes.
What's the problem here? $250/hr isn't high for a law firm. I just paid more than that for a plumber. 24 hours in one day doesn't seem like a big deal, either, if it's spread across a couple lawyers and/or it's merely a funny way of billing something like a pre-payment.

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟330,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As noted, $250 an hour is not bad for legal work; in Georgia in 2021 (the year it is being charged) the average rate was $275/hour. It also wouldn't be surprising to have 3 (8 hours each) or more lawyers working on the case, though it easily could have been five or six (one or two lawyers working 8 hours, the others working half days on this case) -- so charging 24 hours of work in a day sounds reasonable, as well.

Upvote 0

Tuur

Oct 12, 2022
Southeast
✟48,519.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is also this:

Note the part about contact with the Whitehouse prior to charges. Not noted in visitor logs, but then they argue that such contact is "not unusual"

Not to worry: I'm sure some excuse will be made for all this,

• Agree
Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,289.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

This from the link:

'Moreover, Roman’s attorneys allege that Wade is unqualified to be a special prosecutor as he lacks “relevant experience.” '

Yep, you read that correctly. They are complaining that the people prosecuting the guy they are defending aren't good enough.

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,291.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
This from the link:

'Moreover, Roman’s attorneys allege that Wade is unqualified to be a special prosecutor as he lacks “relevant experience.” '

Yep, you read that correctly. They are complaining that the people prosecuting the guy they are defending aren't good enough.
It goes to her character, and perhaps criminal conduct. It looks like Willis and Wade were a couple, they took cruises and trips together, he pays for the cruises and trips. Then she appoints him, a guy with no prosecutorial experience, as prosecutor, where he is paid hefty sums of money.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟315,079.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats

Buttery Males cost about $20M so I wouldn't get all bent out of shape yet.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,289.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
It goes to her character, and perhaps criminal conduct. It looks like Willis and Wade were a couple, they took cruises and trips together, he pays for the cruises and trips. Then she appoints him, a guy with no prosecutorial experience, as prosecutor, where he is paid hefty sums of money.
You'd seriously have to think about changing the guy defending you when he complains that the one prosecuting you isn't up to the job. I mean, honestly...

'Your honour, I object to the fact that the people prosecuting my client are clearly not competent enough to do so. And he charges more than I do!'

It's worthy of an SNL sketch. Who needs comedy writers when you have buffoons like this.

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,291.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
You'd seriously have to think about changing the guy defending you when he complains that the one prosecuting you isn't up to the job. I mean, honestly...

'Your honour, I object to the fact that the people prosecuting my client are clearly not competent enough to do so. And he charges more than I do!'

It's worthy of an SNL sketch. Who needs comedy writers when you have buffoons like this.
Again, that's not the complaint, it's more evidence showing that she is corrupt.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,289.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Again, that's not the complaint...
It's the exact complaint. Insinuating some bias, but it's most definitely the actual complaint. 'She must be biased because he's incompetent.'

Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟265,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged

I don’t take your complaint about someone’s character seriously. You lit your ability to judge someone’s character on fire and sent it to hell by supporting Trump.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,558.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
The game of “let us investigate the investigators” doesn’t usually begin until after the case the investigators/prosecutors is done.

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,291.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I don’t take your complaint about someone’s character seriously. You lit your ability to judge someone’s character on fire and sent it to hell by supporting Trump.
You should. What's happening here is election interference. You have people who have campaigned on getting Trump. A judge that makes up his own crazy valuation and preens for the camera declaring Trump guilty before allowing Trump to present a defense. You have an effort to expedite a case so that the trial, just as with other trials, occurs in election season. All of this is election interference, and far too many people are going along with it. I think it's 91 charges brought against Joe's presidential opponent so far. And Joe Biden, instead of staying neutral, has publicly indicated Trump is guilty, sending a message to all of those who work for him in the Justice Department and all in the potential jury pool, tainting the potential jury pool. All of this goes to character, people who are willing to destroy due process and our election system in order to see a Democrat wins the election.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟301,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
You should. What's happening here is election interference. You have people who have campaigned on getting Trump. A judge that makes up his own crazy valuation and preens for the camera declaring Trump guilty before allowing Trump to present a defense. You have an effort to expedite a case so that the trial, just as with other trials, occurs in election season. All of this is election interference, and far too many people are going along with it. I think it's 91 charges brought against Joe's presidential opponent so far. And Joe Biden, instead of staying neutral, has publicly indicated Trump is guilty, sending a message to all of those who work for him in the Justice Department and all in the potential jury pool, tainting the potential jury pool. All of this goes to character, people who are willing to destroy due process and our election system in order to see a Democrat wins the election.

How is it "election interference"? The Fulton DA is charging crimes commited by a candidate and his allies during the *LAST* presidential election. Charging of crimes is about past actions.

Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,291.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
How is it "election interference"? The Fulton DA is charging crimes commited by a candidate and his allies during the *LAST* presidential election. Charging of crimes is about past actions.
The purpose of the charges is to get a Democrat elected president. Why a request to expedite a case? One reason--tie Trump up during the campaign season and better yet convict him before the election.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,289.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟301,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
The purpose of the charges is to get a Democrat elected president. Why a request to expedite a case? One reason--tie Trump up during the campaign season and better yet convict him before the election.

I've read the indictment. The purpose is clear -- to bring those persons who tried to interfere with the 2020 Georgia election to justice. What motion to expedite?

Reactions: Brihaha
Upvote 0

stevil

Godless and without morals
Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

Again, that's not the complaint, it's more evidence showing that she is corrupt.

It feels like to me that the MAGA extremists can see that Trump doesn't have a very good case for his defense, so instead there is a campaign to smear the prosecutors, the lawyers, the judge. Woah is me.. and all that

Upvote 0

A2SG

Gumby
Jun 17, 2008
Massachusetts
✟98,684.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
It feels like to me that the MAGA extremists can see that Trump doesn't have a very good case for his defense, so instead there is a campaign to smear the prosecutors, the lawyers, the judge. Woah is me.. and all that
That would presume MAGA extremists can evaluate Trump's defense. Nah, they're just parroting what Trump says.

-- A2SG, what Fearless Leader wants, Fearless Leader gets...

Upvote 0

Tuur

Oct 12, 2022
Southeast
✟48,519.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've read the indictment. The purpose is clear -- to bring those persons who tried to interfere with the 2020 Georgia election to justice. What motion to expedite?
What the indictment says is what it says, no more, no less. We cannot conclude the motivation of an indictment by the wording. Unfortunately, I had a grandfather on a grand jury that got caught up in this decades ago. They returned a true bill with insufficient evidence because the foreman disliked the person and pushed for it. In that particular instance, it was so egregious that the judge threw out the case, called in the grand jury, and, in the words of my grandfather, "raked us over the coals."

I have no idea if this is the situation in the topic at hand, only that the true bill the grand jury my grandfather was on came from less than noble intent. With this in mind, I'm more troubled by the alleged contact with the WH than by improper relationship.

• Agree
Upvote 0