• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

GoFundMe launched to pay for Trump's border wall, $1M in two days

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by LostMarbels, Dec 19, 2018.

1. LostMarbels

LostMarbels Follower of Jesus

+2,133
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Others
    None of us can.

2. Nithavela

Nithavela confused

+10,646
    Germany
    Other Religion
    Single
    So what do you think will happen?

3. LostMarbels

+2,133
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Others
    Walls work. Hence there use on any fortified establishment. Banks, prisons, hazmat yards, safe houses, hollywood celebs houses......

Correction: Could take. I couldn't afford to jump onto someone's truck outside of home depot for 80 bucks a day. Some of the people I knew got paid $4 an hour. I have a mortgage,2 little girls (at the time) car payments, insurance (house and 2 cars), internet & cable, Cell phones, electric, girl scouts, Cheerleading, Soccer, food, clothing, Doctors appointments, Orthodontist (braces), 2 dogs... etc.

Now this seems like propaganda.

4. LostMarbels

+2,133
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Others
    Honestly do not know.

5. Nithavela

Nithavela confused

+10,646
    Germany
    Other Religion
    Single
    And you want to spend 5 billion dollar on "I dont know"?

6. LostMarbels

+2,133
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Others
    No... a wall, a wall... did I misspell it or something last time?

7. iluvatar5150

iluvatar5150 Well-Known Member

+10,473
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Democrat
    I truly am sorry for everything that's happened to you, and FWIW, the ez-pass thing in particular frosts me. But ^^^THIS^^^ is a fantasy. Even if we had an effective policy to clear out all of the illegals, it would still take several years to have a real effect, at which point you'd be pushing 50 and have been out of that industry even longer.

From what you've described, your best bet is to just learn Spanish. Even up here in Baltimore, most of the contractors I've had through my house used it to speak to their crews.

8. Nithavela

Nithavela confused

+10,646
    Germany
    Other Religion
    Single
    And what will happen once the wall is built?

9. grasping the after wind

grasping the after wind That's grasping after the wind

+3,307
    Lutheran
    Married
    US-Others
    I agree and suggest we run the entire government in that way.

10. LostMarbels

+2,133
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Others
    With what? Evil mexican robots? Maybe if they have laser eyes they can blast the wall.... Pew Pew...

11. grasping the after wind

+3,307
    Lutheran
    Married
    US-Others
    So left wing interests are working to clean up Facebook of right wing opinion. what a surprise.

12. grasping the after wind

+3,307
    Lutheran
    Married
    US-Others
    We ought to. First, though, we will have to get rid of the House of Representatives we currently have that pretend to meet and discuss and debate the demands of American voters while only being truly interested in the welfare of their political party which is the key to their using politics as their career choice. If you see politics as your career and the people most important for the continuance of that career as the leaders of your political party, what kind of representative are you? A party representative.

13. iluvatar5150

iluvatar5150 Well-Known Member

+10,473
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Democrat
    FreedomDaily.com has since been taken down but you can see the original version of the page here:
    Popular Coffee Company Slipping DEADLY 'DISEASE' Into Their Drinks That Will KILL Your Family! THROW AWAY NOW! ⋆ Freedom Daily

If "right wing opinion" consists of over-dramatized headlines that make a contamination sound deliberate AND the use of the wrong company's imagery to promote the story, then maybe "right wing opinion" deserves to be cleaned up. If "right wing opinion" wants broader access to the public, then maybe "right wing opinion" should spend more time trying to be accurate.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  14. LostMarbels

+2,133
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Others
    Nah, thanks... I appreciate the sentiment but Im fine. We all have our lives to live. I'm here on a computer so it must not be too bad. Just really tight.

It really is a stupid law. I have never been in an 'at fault' accident or ever received a moving violation. A parking ticket a some speeding tickets. Never even failed a DOT check. Now I can't drive.

Full disclosure, I did receive a speeding ticket for going 130 mph in a jeep grand cherokee. This is why I never had a bike.

I do not know how long it would take. Truth be told, either way, I need to take what opportunities are currently viable.

JFYI I was born in washington DC raised in Manchester MD, Carroll County. I miss MD.

For me in my situation spoken language is important. However there is still a complete inundation of illegals in cent fl. Not just latino's either. It hurts any american regardless of race when people can not compete because the illegals earn less than a living wage. I've seen them 15 deep in a 500 sqft studio apt all sharing the rent. They get paid under the table, no taxes. They have ebt. And receive packages from home with food and stuff. A peso is like 5 cents american, so it is actually cheaper for their families to send them care packages than it is to spend money here.

15. grasping the after wind

+3,307
    Lutheran
    Married
    US-Others
    But left wing opinion doing the same sort of thing is not a problem.

16. grasping the after wind

+3,307
    Lutheran
    Married
    US-Others
    We already spend trillions on "I don't care that it doesn't actually help anyone" what's a measly 5 billion more on "I don't know ".

17. LostMarbels

+2,133
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Others
    You think that would work? How would such a system even be implemented?

18. Nithavela

Nithavela confused

+10,646
    Germany
    Other Religion
    Single
    Have you ever heard of ladders or tunnels?

19. grasping the after wind

+3,307
    Lutheran
    Married
    US-Others
    Go Fund Me government. Instead of Twoparties deciding what to spend based upon their donors wishes and their own personal and party interests , the citizens get to decide what is worth spending on.

20. grasping the after wind

+3,307
    Lutheran
    Married
    US-Others
    Yes and I would rather they be necessary for illegal entry as they are somewhat easier to combat than someone just walking unencumbered by any barrier. I suppose you live in a house without locks on the doors because there are crowbars and lock picks.