listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
What do you believe that John 5:24 teaches that is different than what I shared in the matters of the "heareth" and "believeth"? Are these not a continual action with a beginning, rather than merely a one time off event?
It's what you spoke about and emphasized. I understand you to believe the Christian is obligated to the law. I post bout salvation, redemption and eternal life. I believe you think the Christian will appear in the judgment. The verse says we've already passed it.
The verse speaks of assurance, as it is in Christ Jesus. However, that assurance does not take away my freedom to walk away. This was the point I was attempting to get across. It is paralleled in Romans 8:31-39 KJB.
This is a change from your prior post. It's also a change of subject. I believe in an omnipotent, omnipresent and all knowing God.
1 John 4:18 KJB - There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.
If the faith were not so tested, sin could end up in Heaven all over again.
You preach salvation by obedience which bottom line is motivated by fear. In-other-words one only has this right if the observe the ten commandments. I just do not buy that because it would be salvation by works (self justification by the law), not faith. You can say all you want to that grace or the Holy Spirit enables one to keep the law. The invitation has been extended for years to name anyone save Jesus having accomplished this incredible feat. So far I've never seen anyone's name. First and last name is required. If you want to say their sins will be remembered no more, you basically void the law. What happened to the law? Isn't what you're doing called dualism of conflicting concepts? Consider this about the word door:
  1. used of any opening like a door, an entrance, way or passage into

2. in a parable or metaphor
    1. the door through which sheep go in and out, the name of him who brings salvation to those who follow his guidance

2. "an open door" is used of the opportunity of doing something

3. the door of the kingdom of heaven (likened to a palace) denotes the conditions which must be complied with in order to be received into the kingdom of God
I think you should also look at the word church here. The word synagogue isn't used. Hmmm. My reason for noting this difference is in the promotion of the sabbath many verse show assembly in the synagogue. Who is doing the knocking in your verse? No I'm not trying to invalidate you other verse about seeking and knocking. They aren't the only ones with eye problems.

About the rest of your post: I don't need the SDA clap trap, therefore it is deleted.

Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
This isn't evidenced in your posts.

Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
What are you trying to do?

John 5:37 And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape.

38 And ye have not his word abiding in you: for whom he hath sent, him ye believe not.

39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

41 I receive not honour from men.

42 But I know you, that ye have not the love of God in you.

43 I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.

Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
You mean that you do not believe in the [angelic] legions of light and the [angelic] legions of lie-ght [darkness]? if so, can I show you from scripture [KJB]? If not, can you explain a little more, for I am not sure I caught your meaning. Please.
Do you mean you don't understand "we" as I've used it here to mean the pro grace posters or Christians? Your post indicates satan and his host. I take this as an accusation.

Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
In Adam's physical life time you can't show he we was delivered or redeemed from sin. In fact he was kicked out of Eden (Canaan - the picture word).

Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Are these word from the Holy Ghost:

Luke 16:16 The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.

Romans 7:6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

Galatians 3:19 Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.

Reactions: Marco70
Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Can you show me from scripture, where the Ten Commandments are only given to Israel? I read Deuteronomy 5 KJB. I see several things therein, but not that the Ten Commandments are only for Israel.
You missed this?

5 And Moses called all Israel, and said unto them, Hear, O Israel, the statutes and judgments which I speak in your ears this day, that ye may learn them, and keep, and do them.

2 The Lord our God made a covenant with us in Horeb.

3 The Lord made not this covenant with our fathers, but with us, even us, who are all of us here alive this day.

That is just unreal.

Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Christianity isn't based on the OT. Christianity is based solely in the NT. OK I listened. I claim the ten commandments are the covenant. Your claim is this isn't the old covenant because the word old isn't in the verse. You however can't claim they are part and parcel of the NT. Jeremiah says the new covenant isn't like the covenant made with Israel. You can't have new with out old.

Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Are you really trying to say the ten commandments aren't what Israel agreed to?

Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Where does Jesus take the counsel of the Jews?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
You have no new covenant because you claim the old covenant is written on the heart. You further claim is isn't the covenant, but require the keeping of the 4th point of the law. You're self conflicted. We don't deny the record. The old covenant you both talk about and claim to keep is written on the heart. Jeremiah flat out says no.
If the old is not understood, how then can the new be seen for what it really is?
There's no new covenant by what you claim. You tlk about a continued and amended (old) covenant. Jeremiah doesn't say God will make anew the covenant already given. That isn't a typo using the word "anew."

Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
What covenant did God make with Israel? Isn't it:

And he declared unto you his covenant, which he commanded you to perform, even ten commandments; and he wrote them upon two tables of stone.

Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Jeremiah is talking about contents.

Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
As usual, you misread... I said you were ignorant of the sanctuary message. Unless you would like to show the gospel though the OT sanctuary service and prove me wrong.
I'm not ignorant of the Sanctuary doctrine as I already posted.

Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
By their posting I don't think they know what sin is. It does appear what they post is sin for others but not themselves not even if they amend it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Death will indeed come to the Law breakers... the new covenant is an individual one not corporate like the old.
Only those who refuse Jesus as their Redeemer will be judge guilty of sin and be eternally separated from God, not cease to exist.

Upvote 0

Marco70

Apr 14, 2018
bulawayo
✟22,537.00
Country
Zimbabwe
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
By their posting I don't think they know what sin is. Ot does appear what they post is sin for others but not themselves not even if they amend it.
I agree. I'm afraid they are reduced to making pat statements from their heads that have no bearing on the reality of their own lives. I grew up with it! I can only repeat. Over decades I have seen, the people who most earnestly insist you must obey the TC/to remain saved/be in a saved state/attain heaven etc, etc, are the very people who can most casually break the moral law, and justify sin as no sin at all.
I think it has something to do with, only recognising sin by reading the OT law-in many cases.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟663,450.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi The7thColporteur, I have a few comments and some questions.

At Sinai did God give the book of the law to the Israelites?

Do the commands in the book of the law explain the consequences of breaking the ones written on stone?

Where are the commands to love found?

Where do SDAs get their unclean meat command?

Why do you call the book of the law shadow laws when we get the most important commands from them?

The 10 commandment covenant, as you refer to it as "my covenant", was a bilateral covenant, it was conditional on both parties. IF one broke the covenant then the covenant would become obsolete. Is this not what happened?

If the "my covenant" was broken, and I am sure you would agree that it was then how could an obsolete covenant become the new and better covenant with better promises?

Paul wrote the following: 7 But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away: 8 how shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious? 9 For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory. 10 For even that which was made glorious had no glory in this respect, by reason of the glory that excelleth. 11 For if that which is done away was glorious, much more that which remaineth is glorious.

Why did Paul write his thoughts in past tense?

In verse 11 why did Paul write that the 10 were done away?

Why did Paul write that the ministration of the Spirit be glorious?

Was Paul telling us that instead of the 10 commandments being our guide it is now the Holy Spirit that leads us into a righteous life?

What place then would the done away ministry of death have on our being when we are under the power of the Holy Spirit?

Why would anyone tell us that it is the 10 commands, the ministry of death that is written on our hearts?

Why in 1Jn3:19-24 John tells us we are doing right if we believe in Him and love others as Jesus loves us?

Why didn't John tell us to observe the "my law" with its Sabbath command, you know the command that has a halo around it?

Well, it is obvious that the 10 commandments were the schoolmaster to bring Israelites to the need of the Savior. For them it still a beacon. Gentiles never had that beacon. We were taught righteousness by faith. The ministry of death couldn't save one soul. All it could do is condemn all of Israel.

Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0