✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
LoveGodsWord said:
If you can be declared righteous while CONTINUING in a life of KNOWN SIN there would be no need of repentance. Only God's WORD is true and we should BELIEVE and FOLLOW him who calls us in LOVE to LOVE another..

You'll never see me make such a statement. You accuse because of the law from which the Christian is excused by the new covenant. The Christian isn't excused from sin as you'll try to say.

Hi listed, firstly I am not accusing anyone of anything. I am only sharing God's WORD. God's WORD is not my words.

Now you say above, and I agree, that a Christian isn't excused from sin. Now if you say, and we both agree that a Christian should not sin or is not excused to sin, then how can you also say God's LAW (10 Commandments) is ABOLISHED when the purpose of God's LAW is to give us a KNOWLEDGE of what SIN is?

They are both connected you cannot have the one without the other. God's LAW is the standard of SIN if broken and the standard of RIGHTEOUSNESS if obeyed (Romans 3:20; 31 7:7; Ps 119:172)

Can you see the problem you have created for yourself here? It is God's LAW that gives us a KNOWLEDGE of what SIN is and God's 4th commandment is one of the ten (Exodus 20:8-11). If we knowingly break it when God asks us not to we stand guilty before God of committing sin (James 2:8-12). If we do not seek him in repentance and forgiveness we are in danger of the Judgement (Hebrews 10:26-27)

A Christian isn't condemned even by the law if Romans 8:1 for those who walk after the Spirit. The verse could also be taken to mean those who walk after the flesh are though. Not at all. Seems you misapply God's word. Since the Christian isn't under the law they can't violate it. So not keeping the 4th even your amended 4th commandment isn't sin for the Christian.

No one is condemned by God's LAW if they have sought God in REPENTANCE; CONFESSION of SIN and FORGIVENESS through FAITH in God's Word accepting the GIFT of God's dear son (Eph 2:8; 1 John 1:9; Acts 2:38; 3:19; 8:22; John 3:16).

However, if anyone is continuing in KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN then they are condemned "UNDER THE LAW" for breaking God's Commandments (Romans 3:19-20; James 2:8-12; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4)

Those who CONTINUE in KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN will NOT enter the KINGDOM of HEAVEN. (Hebrews 10:26-27; Hebrews 6:4-8; James 2:8-12).

God's 4th commandment is one of the ten (Exodus 20:8-11). If we knowingly break it when God asks us not to we stand guilty before God of committing sin (James 2:8-12). If we do not seek him in repentance and forgiveness we are in danger of the Judgement (Hebrews 10:26-27; James 2:12)

The Christians is both dead to the law and now delivered from it. Proof is in Romans 6 and 7. But you keep trying to condemn us with the law against Romans 8:1. No it's your headache. You add in what you want to so you may justify condemn others. It says absolutely nothing about being delivered from sin or punishment of sin. Your c&p spam condemnation attempt has been deleted as always.

Not at all. Now listed I have only shared God's WORD with you. If you feel condemned by it then give thanks to God who is calling you to have a closer walk with you and pray about the scriptures provided. These are God's WORD not mine. Give thanks to him who loves you and is calling you.

The rest of this section of your post as already been shown to be false through God's WQRD in post # 567 and post # 604 (linked) CLICK ME.

Also here is more scriptures on Romans 7-8 on the same topic linked CLICK ME.

SIN is the breaking of God's Commandments (James 2:9-11; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4)

Those who CONTINUE in UNREPENTANT SIN will NOT enter into the KINGDOM of HEAVEN.

God's 4th commandment is one of the ten (Exodus 20:8-11) If we knowingly break it when God asks us not to we stand guilty before God of committing sin (James 2:8-12). If we do not seek him in repentance and forgiveness we are in danger of the Judgement (Hebrews 10:26-27)

Sunday worship is a tradition and teaching of man that has led many to break the commandments of God. Jesus says that if we follow the traditions of man that break the commandments of God we are not following God (Matthew 15:3-9)

There is not one scripture in all of God's Word that says that God's 4th Commandment is now ABOLISHED and we are now commanded to KEEP Sunday as a Holy day.

Who should we follow the teachings and traditions of men or the Word of God? Who should we believe the Words of men or the Word of God?

In times of ignorance God winks at but now ,<when a KNOWLEDGE of the truth has come> calls all men everywhere to REPENT (FOLLOW) (Acts 17:30-31).

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Thanks. LoveGodsWord gets mad at me if I don't answer every statement. If I can get the hang of this, maybe he will forgive me. LOL

Hi 1stcenturylady, when have I ever been mad at you is this true? :). Actually it is not.

This is what I do for responding to posts. I click on the reply then you will get something like what you see below...

[QUOTE="1stcenturylady, post: 72639059, member: 395310"/] put the part you want to respond to in here [/QUOTE].

I put the text in red so you can see what I am referring to. Then I read through the post and put those quote and end quote sections around what I am wanting to quote and respond to. Sometimes doing this in WORD is helpful but I normally do it right in the post now (lazy sometimes)

So I just copy and paste those green quote boxes around what I am wanting quote. Just use preview to check before posting.

I do it this way because sometimes the multi quote function does not work for me. I am not sure why.

Hope this helps :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
All you have provided above is your words over God's WORD.

Your post as already been shown to be false through God's WORD in post # 567 and post # 604 (linked) CLICK ME.

Also here is more scriptures on Romans 7-8 on the same topic linked CLICK ME.

The problem with your interpretation is you are trying to separate SIN from God's LAW.

It is only through God's LAW that we have a KNOWLEDGE of what SIN is. You cannot separate sin from God's LAW because without God's LAW there is no KNOWLEDGE of SIN.

God's WORD is very clear that no one who professes to be a Christian will be CONTINUING in KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN. Those who do so do not KNOW GOD and are lying and are not God's Children (1 John 2:3-4; 1 John 3:3-10)

Only God's WORD is true and we should BELIEVE and FOLLOW him who calls us in LOVE to LOVE another..

SIN is the breaking of God's Commandments (James 2:9-11; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4)

Those who CONTINUE in UNREPENTANT SIN will NOT enter into the KINGDOM of HEAVEN.

God's 4th commandment is one of the ten (Exodus 20:8-11) If we knowingly break it when God asks us not to we stand guilty before God of committing sin (James 2:8-12). If we do not seek him in repentance and forgiveness we are in danger of the Judgement (Hebrews 10:26-27)

Sunday worship is a tradition and teaching of man that has led many to break the commandments of God. Jesus says that if we follow the traditions of man that break the commandments of God we are not following God (Matthew 15:3-9)

There is not one scripture in all of God's Word that says that God's 4th Commandment is now ABOLISHED and we are now commanded to KEEP Sunday as a Holy day.

Who should we follow the teachings and traditions of men or the Word of God? Who should we believe the Words of men or the Word of God?

In times of ignorance God winks at but now ,<when a KNOWLEDGE of the truth has come> calls all men everywhere to REPENT (FOLLOW) (Acts 17:30-31).

Do you obey God’s word concerning the Sabbath?

Here is specific instructions concerning the Sabbath law.

32 Now while the children of Israel were in the wilderness, they found a man gathering sticks on the Sabbath day. 33 And those who found him gathering sticks brought him to Moses and Aaron, and to all the congregation. 34 They put him under guard, because it had not been explained what should be done to him.

35 Then the Lord said to Moses, “The man must surely be put to death; all the congregation shall stone him with stones outside the camp.” 36 So, as the Lordcommanded Moses, all the congregation brought him outside the camp and stoned him with stones, and he died. Numbers 15:32-36

Do you and your congregation keep this Sabbath requirement according to God’s word?

JLB

Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Spirit-filled follower of Christ
Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
ROMANS 8 you did not read the post through did you or the Old post linked here did you?

I will take your post above as an apology. Please don't say things I have never said. I get enough of that from others already ;)

I went and looked at the "Old post..." and there was not one mention of Romans 8. I'm confused.

Upvote 0

The7thColporteur

Jun 30, 2017
Heavenly City
✟18,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
So you willingly violate your own Sabbath requirements, while condemning others for not keeping the Sabbath.

Got it.
If that is how you must perceive it, inspite of what I said, that is your prerogative, and you are welcome to live with it and doesn't affect me in the least.

Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If that is how you must perceive it, inspite of what I said, that is your prerogative, and you are welcome to live with it and doesn't affect me in the least.

It’s God’s word.

Why would you willing violate what the word of God instructs you to do, then teach us we are supposed to obey God’s commandments?

JLB

Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Perhaps you can help me out with telling me how I don't keep the Sabbath Holy, as I know how.
Let's start with: But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:

I need you to define the word servant.

• Agree
Reactions: bugkiller
Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Assertion by apriori.
I don't believe this to be true because of Jeremiah 31:31 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the Lord:

33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

I believe your post says the law is a single indivisible unit as James says. You can't show any verse from the NT indicating a requirement to keep the law, specifically the 4th commandment. On top of that Jeremiah says new meaning unprecedented and not like something else.
Yes, Paul, under inspiration of the Holy Ghost wrote Galatians 3:19:

Galatians 3:19 KJB - Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.​

Context, dealing with "inheritance":

Galatians 3:18 KJB - For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham by promise.​

Jesus is the one who inherits all things:

Hebrews 1:4 KJB - Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.

2 Corinthians 1:20 KJB - For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.
We, then, must be his children [Isaiah 8:8-20; Hebrews 2:9-13, etc KJB] to inherit with Him.
No because Galatians 3:19 says until. This means there is an end to. Romans 10:4 says Jesus is the end of the law. The word end implies completed and not continuing.

Then I must ask inherit what?
Yes, I/we can read, by the grace of God.

Indeed, as the "inheritance" comes through the Son:

Hebrews 3:6 KJB - But Christ as a son over his own house; whose house are we, if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end.
The law which was "added" was for a specific purpose, to guide spiritual 'children', until spiritual adulthood and inheritance time came:

1 Corinthians 13:11 KJB - When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
In matters of its previous purpose, absolutely.

Yes, indeed. Walking by/in the Spirit in what exactly? God's Ten Commandments.

Romans 8:4 KJB - That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
This doesn't say we're to keep (fulfil) the law in the flesh or the Spirit. Chapter 7 says we're not delivered from the law. How is it you say we're obligated to (serve) the law?
Galatians 5:16 KJB - This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
and verse 18 says: But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law. The Christian isn't led by or to the law.
Galatians 5:25 KJB - If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
But you say we're to walk in the law.​
Again, you are assuming that the Ten Commandments are "shadow" and there is not a single text to support such an assertion. The Law of God is "Light" [Proverbs 6:23 KJB], and already "spiritual" [Romans 7:14 KJB]. Again, if you point to Colossians 2, see the the following thread in all its already discussed materials, which stand unrefuted - SHADOW LAWS OF THE OLD COVENANT FULFILLED IN THE NEW? COL 2
These shadow laws include the weekly sabbath because Jesus offered Himself as the sabbath rest God swore they would never enter in His invitation given in Matthew 11:28-30.
Not a single Seventh-day Adventist responding here is advocating "Judaizing" in any sense. Again, the Sabbath is the Sabbath of the LORD thy God. it is not Jewish, and therefore has nothing to do with "Juda-izing'. We are commanded to rebuke, in love, transgression of the Law, as Paul did - 1 Corinthians 5:3 KJB, etc.
When SDA people post 1 John 2:6 they are clearly issuing a call to keep the law (practice Judaism). That isn't what the text says or means.
Show us where any of us have dne what you are claiming we do. Cite specifically.
done
Not a single person among the Seventh-day Adventists represented here have done that. Show otherwise or withdraw the claim.
I'm not going to hunt down the posts. You know they post the verse.
That is God's Law, Exodus 20:8-11 KJB.
Which yo don't keep.
No such thing in scripture [KJB]. Rabbincal stuff.

Diet is from Genesis, before there ever was Jew, and has specifically been shown to be in the passages of Matthew to Revelation as well. It is also found in the pattern of redemption in the Sanctuary [Psalms 77:13 KJB]. To disregard God's laws on diet, is to bring destruction, murder, upon yourself and is again trasngression of God's spiritual Law.
And the covenant made with Noah is also from Genesis which says if it moves or breathes you can eat it.
Not a single Seventh-day Adventist has advocated physical circumcision to be saved. Not once. Show otherwise or withdraw the claim and stop making it until otherwise the charge cane be cited based upon actual evidence.
Of course not. Physical circumcision is a painful event. So they push a spiritual circumcision of the heart to become an Israeli thereby requiring obligation to the retire and replaced covenant.
Yet with that said, spiritual circumcision is still required as it was back in the OT:

Deuteronomy 10:16 KJB - Circumcise therefore the foreskin of your heart, and be no more stiffnecked.

Deuteronomy 30:6 KJB - And the LORD thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live.

Jeremiah 4:4 KJB - Circumcise yourselves to the LORD, and take away the foreskins of your heart, ye men of Judah and inhabitants of Jerusalem: lest my fury come forth like fire, and burn that none can quench it, because of the evil of your doings.

Romans 2:29 KJB - But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.​
That doesn't grant a by pass on physical circumcision.
Obey God in His commandment by/through the Holy Spirit is obedience. It is not a dead work. It is the good rest because it can only be kept by faith in and of Christ Jesus.
This is call slinging the bull because you can name no one who has ever succeeded save Jesus.
Who ever said we were? Cite the evidence. We have over and over again said and cited Ephesians 2:8-10 and Titus 3, etc.
Citing and believing are quite 2 different things. You require works of the law. No where in the NT are works of the law required.
Actually we are, see the spiritual circumcision above.
Make any claim you wish.
The Sabbath is the sign of God's "my covenant", which is the eternal covenant as shown.
That is the sign of the covenant given to Israel at Sinai. It's not the sign of the new covenant sealed with the blood of Jesus.
Show me the word "sign" in regards the word "cup".
Actually I don't recall any sign of the new covenant. I don't see any need for one.
Jesus was concealed? What verse is that?, please cite that verse or verses please. The Ten Commandments are Light, nothing concealed. The Sabbath in Genesis is a memorial, which points backwards. The Sabbath in Exodus is a memorial which points backwards. The Sabbath in Deuteronomy is a memorial which points backwards. The Sabbath in Jesus' day after His death, is a memorial, and points to His victory over sin and the price which was paid by God. It is an "eternal" sign, and eternal memorial to "Remember". Remember what Jesus paid because of sin, which is trasngression of God's Law.
As Christians we celebrate the resurrection of Jesus (victory) remembering we will be like Him after our resurrection. Yes our body will die. Our resurrected body won't be like our current body.
We are told, by God, to "remember" [period]. The Old Covenant again is not the Ten Commandments, as cited already.
In regard to the sabbath only Israel is told to remember.
Jesus, who is the substance of the types, is indeed manifested, John 1:1-3; 1 John 1:1-3, etc.

Rest from sin, which is transgression of God's Law. Therefore, breaking the 7th day the sabbath of the LORD thy God is not "rest", it is "sin", it is back to dead works of the flesh, etc.

Assertion again. You have not addressed the fact that the Law is eternal Light, never shadow. The Sabbath from Genesis is perfection, sanctified, and blessed forever. It is atonement between God and man. In fact, it is rooted in God's glory [Light, shining in the face of Jesus Christ] in Day 1 onward.
I did with the promise made by God the Father through His prophet Jeremiah. You won't listen and require works of the law for salvation.

Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
First, I never said you were guilty of anything except seeing the deeper meanings to the precepts... second, I again ask you to help me out in showing me how I am not keeping the Sabbath Holy?
Since I don't observe the 7th day sabbath am I guilty of sin? Yes or no only please. No round about response.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
My answer, answered you. The "death" is coming, for the judgment is already written. The "camp" of New Jerusalem must be present on earth in its fulness. That is not here yet. The "condition" set down by Jesus must be met, and that does not happen until after He blots out the sins of His people, which will be soon.
Didn't seem to be required for picking up sticks on the sabbath.

• Agree
Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

I Must Decrease That He May Increase
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Since I don't observe the 7th day sabbath am I guilty of sin? Yes or no only please. No round about response.
You are knowingly transgressing the 4th Commandment... yes, you are subject to the penalty of the Law. If you were transgressing the 7th Commandment, you would be guilty and under the Law and I would be reproofing you for it as I do with the 4th. One commandment is like another and all are subject to obedience if you love Christ.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

EastCoastRemnant

I Must Decrease That He May Increase
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Let's start with: But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:

I need you to define the word servant.
Someone that is subject to your will....

Please show me how I'm not keeping the Sabbath.

Upvote 0

The7thColporteur

Jun 30, 2017
Heavenly City
✟18,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Yes [according to Exodus 20:7; Deuteronomy 5:11; Numbers 15:30-31; 1 John 3:4; James 2:10 KJB] and it needs to be repented of.

• Winner
Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0

The7thColporteur

Jun 30, 2017
Heavenly City
✟18,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
John 14:15 isn't a reference to the ten commandments.
Says who? You?

Even world known commentators understand the link:

Thomas Coke Commentary on the Holy Bible

John 14:15. If ye love me, keep my commandments. The term of loving God, is frequently taken from that expression of love which consists in doing such things as are esteemed grateful or beneficial to the object beloved: but as our endeavours cannot advance either the benefit or happiness of God, and our doing things that are grateful to him consists in performing whathe commands; therefore our obedience to the will and commands of God, is frequently stiled loving him; because the best, if not the only way of demonstrating our love to God is, to endeavour to please him; and we cannot please him, but by obeying him. Hence the love of God is used, in some places, as synonimous to keeping his commandments, as will appear from comparing Exodus 20:6. Deuteronomy 5:10. Our blessed Lord, therefore, perceiving that his disciples' hearts were melted with the prediction of his departure, nobly comforts them, by telling them, that their obedience would be a far more grateful sign of their affection to him, than any sorrow which they could shew.​

Not that commentators are final authority, but scripture is clear:

Exodus 20:6 KJB - And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

John 14:15 KJB - If ye love me, keep my commandments.
Who spoke the The Commandments in Exodus? Again, James states that there is "one lawgiver".

It doesn't really matter in your theology anyway, since Jesus was speaking to "Jews" under the "oC", and not to "Gentiles", right? riiiiight?

• Agree
Upvote 0

The7thColporteur

Jun 30, 2017
Heavenly City
✟18,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
...Romans 10:4 says Jesus is the end of the law. ...
No it doesn't. You misquoted it, leaving off the latter half which turns the meaning against such:

Romans 10:4 KJB - For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.
See also:

1 Timothy 1:5 KJB - Now the end of the commandment is charity out of a pure heart, and of a good conscience, and of faith unfeigned:
See also:

1 Peter 1:9 KJB - Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.​

• Agree
Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟663,126.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I feel so sorry for those who do not believe Jesus finished all He came to do. Matt5: 17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. Fulfil according to my dictionary means:

to satisfy (requirements, obligations, etc.):

to bring to an end; finish or complete,

That is exactly what jesus did for the Jews. Then in His love He gave us all a new and better covenant with better promises

3 O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?

2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?

4 Have ye suffered so many things in vain? if it be yet in vain.

5 He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

6 Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.

7 Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.

8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.

9 So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.

10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.

11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith. Gal 3:1-11

Upvote 0