Heavenly City
✟18,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I feel so sorry for those who do not believe Jesus finished all He came to do....
Jesus "finished" all He came to do. Then He ascended to do more. That which Jesus came to "finish" was merely the "foundation", He laid the Cornerstone of the Temple, Himself the Stone, the Perfect Life of the substitute and example, a Life without sin.

• Agree
Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I went and looked at the "Old post..." and there was not one mention of Romans 8. I'm confused.

Hi 1stcenturylady, sorry I have been busy the last few days.

The Old post linked was in relation to salvation from sin (not in sin). It was not a reference to ROMANS 8. I could have added ROMANS 8 to the post but it would have been over the post limit.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Do you obey God’s word concerning the Sabbath?

Here is specific instructions concerning the Sabbath law.

32 Now while the children of Israel were in the wilderness, they found a man gathering sticks on the Sabbath day. 33 And those who found him gathering sticks brought him to Moses and Aaron, and to all the congregation. 34 They put him under guard, because it had not been explained what should be done to him.

35 Then the Lord said to Moses, “The man must surely be put to death; all the congregation shall stone him with stones outside the camp.” 36 So, as the Lordcommanded Moses, all the congregation brought him outside the camp and stoned him with stones, and he died. Numbers 15:32-36

Do you and your congregation keep this Sabbath requirement according to God’s word?

JLB

As shown earlier through God's WORD you mix up the SHADOW laws from the MOSAIC BOOK of the COVENANT with God's ETERNAL laws (10 Commandments) that give us a KNOWLEDGE of what SIN is.

Scripture support here linked click me..

SIN is the breaking of God's Commandments (James 2:9-11; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4)

Those who CONTINUE in UNREPENTANT SIN will NOT enter into the KINGDOM of HEAVEN.

God's 4th commandment is one of the ten (Exodus 20:8-11) If we knowingly break it when God asks us not to we stand guilty before God of committing sin (James 2:8-12). If we do not seek him in repentance and forgiveness we are in danger of the Judgement (Hebrews 10:26-27)

Sunday worship is a tradition and teaching of man that has led many to break the commandments of God. Jesus says that if we follow the traditions of man that break the commandments of God we are not following God (Matthew 15:3-9)

There is not one scripture in all of God's Word that says that God's 4th Commandment is now ABOLISHED and we are now commanded to KEEP Sunday as a Holy day.

Who should we follow the teachings and traditions of men or the Word of God? Who should we believe the Words of men or the Word of God?

In times of ignorance God winks at but now ,<when a KNOWLEDGE of the truth has come> calls all men everywhere to REPENT (FOLLOW) (Acts 17:30-31).

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Exodus 20:6 KJB - And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

John 14:15 KJB - If ye love me, keep my commandments.
Who spoke the The Commandments in Exodus? Again, James states that there is "one lawgiver".

It doesn't really matter in your theology anyway, since Jesus was speaking to "Jews" under the "oC", and not to "Gentiles", right? riiiiight?

Praise God and thanks for this. I had not made the connection between John 14:15 and Exodus 20:6. Love this connection. This also connects nicely with serving two master loving the one and hating the other. :oldthumbsup: Love is demonstrated by who we are following (1 John 3:3-10)

Upvote 0

The7thColporteur

Jun 30, 2017
Heavenly City
✟18,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Praise God and thanks for this. I had not made the connection between John 14:15 and Exodus 20:6. Love this connection. This also connects nicely with serving two master loving the one and hating the other. :oldthumbsup: Love is demonstrated by who we are following (1 John 3:3-10)
Catch this, as it is coming to me ...

Exodus 20:6 KJB - And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.
Shewing, means to reveal, to make manifest.

Exodus 33:19 KJB - And he said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the LORD before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will shew mercy on whom I will shew mercy.

Exodus 25:17 And thou shalt make a mercy seat of pure gold: two cubits and a half shall be the length thereof, and a cubit and a half the breadth thereof.​

Who sits on that "seat"? Who then is "mercy"? What then does it mean to "shew" "mercy" ...

"... judgment [aka: justice], mercy, and faith ...", now if these words are understood, in their depths, they are telling us something of Three; kinda like "Faith, Hope, Love" ...

Consider who Justice and Mercy and Faith are, see the 4th SoP/ToJ quotation, in combination with the others - [Adventist Only Thread Link]

It is why the deliberately blind could not see "mercy" and recognize Him ...

Did ya' get it? It's powerful, I have to think on this some more ...

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Shewing, means to reveal, to make manifest.
Exodus 33:19 KJB - And he said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the LORD before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will shew mercy on whom I will shew mercy.​
To shew mercy or to reveal God...

EXODUS 20:6 [6], And SHOWING MERCY unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

EXODUS 33:19 [19], And he said, I WILL MAKE ALL MY GOODNESS PASS BEFORE THEE, and I will proclaim the name of the LORD before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will shew mercy on whom I will SHOW MERCY.

links to the NEW COVENANT PROMISE... JEREMIAH 31:31-34; EXEKIEL 36:26-27 and HEBREWS 8:10-12

HEBREWS 8:10-13 [10], For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, said the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: [11], And they shall not teach every man his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.
[12], For I will be MERCIFUL TO THEIR UNRIGHTEOUSNESS, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

Note: making all my GOODNESS pass before thee, showing MERCY to those who LOVE ME and keep my COMMANDMENTS; This results in God's people KNOWING God...

Now notice HEBREWS 8:11 again and what John says...

HEBREWS 8:11 [11], And they shall not teach every man his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: FOR THEY SHALL ALL KNOW ME <showing mercy>, from the least to the greatest.

1 JOHN 2:3-4 [3], A

And hereby we do know that we KNOW HIM, if we keep his commandments. [4], He that said, I KNOW HIM, and keeps not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

Lets now continue in John as he describes who God's people are and the children of the devil...

1 JOHN 3:3-10 [3], And every man that has this hope in him purifies himself, even as he is pure. [4], Whoever commits sin transgresses also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.[5], And you know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin. [6], WHOEVER ABIDES IN HIM SINS NOT: WHOEVER SINS HAS NOT SEEN HIM, neither KNOWS HIM.

This all links into God's promises...

EZEKIEL 36:26-27 [26], A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. [27], And I will put my spirit within you, and CAUSE YOU TO WALK IN MY STATUTES, AND YOU SHALL KEEP MY JUDGEMENTS, AND DO THEM.

ROMANS 3:31 [31], Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yes, WE ESTABLISH THE LAW.

John describes God's people in REVELATION..

REVELATION 12:17 [17], And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS OF GOD, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ

REVELATION 14:12 [12] Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS OF GOD, and the faith of Jesus.

WHO ARE THOSE THAT RECEIVE ETERNAL LIFE?

REVELATION 22:14 [14] Blessed are they that DO HIS COMMANDMENTS, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

Sorry maybe a little disjointed as I am just doing this on the fly. But I like the links between EXODUS 20:6; EXODUS 33:19; HEBREWS 8:10-13; EZEKIEL 36:26-27; 1 JOHN 2:3-4; 1 JOHN 3:3-10.

It does however link into the Heavenly Sanctuary and the mercy seat and the great day of ATONEMENT and the investigative judgement of the last days.

Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
As shown earlier through God's WORD you mix up the SHADOW laws from the MOSAIC BOOK of the COVENANT with God's ETERNAL laws (10 Commandments) that give us a KNOWLEDGE of what SIN is.

Scripture support here linked click me..

SIN is the breaking of God's Commandments (James 2:9-11; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4)

Those who CONTINUE in UNREPENTANT SIN will NOT enter into the KINGDOM of HEAVEN.

God's 4th commandment is one of the ten (Exodus 20:8-11) If we knowingly break it when God asks us not to we stand guilty before God of committing sin (James 2:8-12). If we do not seek him in repentance and forgiveness we are in danger of the Judgement (Hebrews 10:26-27)

Sunday worship is a tradition and teaching of man that has led many to break the commandments of God. Jesus says that if we follow the traditions of man that break the commandments of God we are not following God (Matthew 15:3-9)

There is not one scripture in all of God's Word that says that God's 4th Commandment is now ABOLISHED and we are now commanded to KEEP Sunday as a Holy day.

Who should we follow the teachings and traditions of men or the Word of God? Who should we believe the Words of men or the Word of God?

In times of ignorance God winks at but now ,<when a KNOWLEDGE of the truth has come> calls all men everywhere to REPENT (FOLLOW) (Acts 17:30-31).

32 Now while the children of Israel were in the wilderness, they found a man gathering sticks on the Sabbath day. 33 And those who found him gathering sticks brought him to Moses and Aaron, and to all the congregation. 34 They put him under guard, because it had not been explained what should be done to him.

35 Then the Lord said to Moses, “The man must surely be put to death; all the congregation shall stone him with stones outside the camp.” 36 So, as the Lordcommanded Moses, all the congregation brought him outside the camp and stoned him with stones, and he died. Numbers 15:32-36

Do you and your congregation keep this Sabbath requirement according to God’s word?

JLB

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

JLB

Hello JBL,

You are mixed up with the MOSAIC BOOK of SHADOW laws that point to Christ and God's plan of salvation and those which are the ETERNAL LAW OF GOD (10 Commandments) that give us a KNOWLEDGE of SIN and RIGHTEOUSNESS and are the very standard of God's Character, the OLD AND NEW COVENANTS and the Judgement to come.

We are living under the NEW COVENANT not the OLD COVENANT and the civil laws of ISRAEL

SCRIPTURE SUPPORT LINKED CLICK ME...

Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hello JBL,

You are mixed up with the MOSAIC BOOK of SHADOW laws that point to Christ and God's plan of salvation and those which are the ETERNAL LAW OF GOD (10 Commandments) that give us a KNOWLEDGE of SIN and RIGHTEOUSNESS and are the very standard of God's Character, the OLD AND NEW COVENANTS and the Judgement to come.

You are the one who is mixed up, because you keep quoting the law of Moses, stating that the Church is required to keep the Sabbath.

If you use the law of Moses to claim we are required to keep the Sabbath, but you don’t abide by what the law requires to keep the Sabbath then you are truly confused.

So which is it, we are to keep the Sabbath according to the law of Moses according to the New Covenant?

JLB

• Agree
Reactions: listed
Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
You are knowingly transgressing the 4th Commandment... yes, you are subject to the penalty of the Law. If you were transgressing the 7th Commandment, you would be guilty and under the Law and I would be reproofing you for it as I do with the 4th. One commandment is like another and all are subject to obedience if you love Christ.
You can't reproof me for not keeping the old covenant because it doesn't apply to Christians.

• Agree
Reactions: bugkiller
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Someone that is subject to your will....

Please show me how I'm not keeping the Sabbath.
Is the person who operates the electric generator on the sabbath do your will? Remember they're to observe the sabbath and do no work. Does the law grant permission for you to take advantage of another's sin in working on the sabbath for personal gain?

Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Yes [according to Exodus 20:7; Deuteronomy 5:11; Numbers 15:30-31; 1 John 3:4; James 2:10 KJB] and it needs to be repented of.
How, since the Christian has a different covenant than Exodus 20? Was non sabbath observance a sin prior to leaving Egypt? Present proof from the Scripture.

You rely on part of a sentence for your submitted proof text of 1 John 3:4. I don't keep the law. so James 2:10 doesn't apply. In Acts 15 the letter sent to the churches says no requirement to keep the law which includes the sabbath. So I'm on firm solid ground.

Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Says who? You?

Even world known commentators understand the link:

Thomas Coke Commentary on the Holy Bible

John 14:15. If ye love me, keep my commandments. The term of loving God, is frequently taken from that expression of love which consists in doing such things as are esteemed grateful or beneficial to the object beloved: but as our endeavours cannot advance either the benefit or happiness of God, and our doing things that are grateful to him consists in performing whathe commands; therefore our obedience to the will and commands of God, is frequently stiled loving him; because the best, if not the only way of demonstrating our love to God is, to endeavour to please him; and we cannot please him, but by obeying him. Hence the love of God is used, in some places, as synonimous to keeping his commandments, as will appear from comparing Exodus 20:6. Deuteronomy 5:10. Our blessed Lord, therefore, perceiving that his disciples' hearts were melted with the prediction of his departure, nobly comforts them, by telling them, that their obedience would be a far more grateful sign of their affection to him, than any sorrow which they could shew.​

Not that commentators are final authority, but scripture is clear:

John 14:15 KJB - If ye love me, keep my commandments.
Who spoke the The Commandments in Exodus? Again, James states that there is "one lawgiver".

It doesn't really matter in your theology anyway, since Jesus was speaking to "Jews" under the "oC", and not to "Gentiles", right? riiiiight?
Ἐὰν ἀγαπᾶτέ με τὰς ἐντολὰς τὰς ἐμὰς τηρήσετε

Where is the law or ten commandments mentioned in the verse. You post from Exodus 20:6 a similar statement to show Jesus quoting God the Father to imply the ten commandments. The problem is John 13:34 with 15:10. The word emos in 14:15 is a possessive pronoun. Jesus is quoted as saying He gave a new commandment in 13:34. John 1:17 says: For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ. I accept this as the truth. It's a comparative statement showing Jesus didn't bring or teach the law.

The statements of Jesus in Matthew 5 also point out very plainly Jesus wasn't teaching the law or the commandments.

Examples: Ye have heard that it was said of them of old time, Thou shalt not kill;

But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment

Jesus is clearly referencing the ten commandments in the first example and saying something else in the second. The But I say unto you, phrase is a clear statement of disagreement and opposition. Jesus isn't teaching people to kill (violate the law).

Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
No it doesn't. You misquoted it, leaving off the latter half which turns the meaning against such:

Romans 10:4 KJB - For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.
See also:

1 Timothy 1:5 KJB - Now the end of the commandment is charity out of a pure heart, and of a good conscience, and of faith unfeigned:
See also:

1 Peter 1:9 KJB - Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.​
Evidently you claim I don't believe making Jesus the end of the law for righteousness. You promote the idea of sin for not being in compliance with the retire and replaced law. Any time that happens the old has no jurisdiction and can't be violated.

1 Timothy 1:5 nor 1 Peter 1:9 have anything to do with the law.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Hello JBL,

No because of Matthew 11:28-30.

Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Jesus "finished" all He came to do. Then He ascended to do more. That which Jesus came to "finish" was merely the "foundation", He laid the Cornerstone of the Temple, Himself the Stone, the Perfect Life of the substitute and example, a Life without sin.
What Jesus does in heaven is in dispute and contrary to what your church teaches with what used to be called the IJ.

Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Hi 1stcenturylady, sorry I have been busy the last few days.

The Old post linked was in relation to salvation from sin (not in sin). It was not a reference to ROMANS 8. I could have added ROMANS 8 to the post but it would have been over the post limit.
Who here teaches the Christian can continue to practice sin?

Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Catch this, as it is coming to me ...

Would you kindly give your commentary about this verse? I'm really interested in who this mercy is shown to.

Upvote 0