Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
We can know that we belong to the Lord if we understand His Mysterious Plan, hidden since the beginning.

Colossians 1:25-26 NIV - "I have become its servant by the commission God gave me to present to you the word of God in its fullness - the mystery that has been kept hidden for ages and generations, but is now disclosed to the Lord's people."

As the Scripture states, the Lord's people have been disclosed this Plan. Therefore, and as suggested, you can know that you belong to the Lord if you know this Plan as it existed since the beginning.

How has the Plan been kept hidden? In how many different ways? Furthermore, why was the Plan kept hidden?

If we will take the time to figure these things out . . . our understanding of the True Saving, Gospel Plan of Christ will be revealed to you.

RandyPNW

Jun 8, 2021
Pacific NW, USA
✟105,504.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yes, Christ was prophesied in the OT Scriptures, but was hidden until he actually arrived. Even when he arrived he did not appear as some expected the Messiah to come. So in a sense, he remained somewhat hidden even while he was here.

He did not show up as a king in full regalia. He appeared as a relatively poor son of a carpenter from Nazareth.

Even today, well after he came, Christ remains hidden to many. They do not see him as divine or as the Savior of mankind. He remains hidden.

He rose from the dead. But he appeared largely to his followers.

Though his body was never found, people aren't really looking for physical evidence. They deny the relevance that existed in his act of death, forgiveness, and resurrection.

It really requires that people choose to love the Spirit that they see in Jesus. If they choose to be blind to it, he will remain hidden from them.

Upvote 0

Oneofhope

Oct 27, 2022
Nowhere
✟31,496.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
Yes, Christ was prophesied in the OT Scriptures, but was hidden until he actually arrived. Even when he arrived he did not appear as some expected the Messiah to come. So in a sense, he remained somewhat hidden even while he was here.

He did not show up as a king in full regalia. He appeared as a relatively poor son of a carpenter from Nazareth.

Even today, well after he came, Christ remains hidden to many. They do not see him as divine or as the Savior of mankind. He remains hidden.

He rose from the dead. But he appeared largely to his followers.

Though his body was never found, people aren't really looking for physical evidence. They deny the relevance that existed in his act of death, forgiveness, and resurrection.

It really requires that people choose to love the Spirit that they see in Jesus. If they choose to be blind to it, he will remain hidden from them.

Hey Randy!

The hidden, Mysterious Plan of God began right here:

Genesis 1:3-4 NLT - "Then God said, "Let there be light," and there was light. 4 And God saw that the light was good. Then he separated the light from the darkness."

That, my friend . . . is the Spiritual Circumcision of Christ, the cutting away of the Sinful Nature. This is what it means to eat from the Tree of Life, to receive the Manna from Heaven, to be Reborn of Incorruptible Seed, to be Saved, to have crossed from death to Life . . . and on and on. Gen 1:3-4 provides the context for the entire Bible. And it is this way all throughout the Bible. I wish people would learn the Bible in the actual timeline format . . . it would help people with their interpretation of the Bible.

Reactions: RandyPNW
Upvote 0

JesusFollowerForever

Jan 19, 2024
Quebec
✟10,241.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
We can know that we belong to the Lord if we understand His Mysterious Plan, hidden since the beginning.

Colossians 1:25-26 NIV - "I have become its servant by the commission God gave me to present to you the word of God in its fullness - the mystery that has been kept hidden for ages and generations, but is now disclosed to the Lord's people."

As the Scripture states, the Lord's people have been disclosed this Plan. Therefore, and as suggested, you can know that you belong to the Lord if you know this Plan as it existed since the beginning.

How has the Plan been kept hidden? In how many different ways? Furthermore, why was the Plan kept hidden?

If we will take the time to figure these things out . . . our understanding of the True Saving, Gospel Plan of Christ will be revealed to you.

could you then share what this secret is that Paul preached?

Reactions: Oneofhope
Upvote 0

RandyPNW

Jun 8, 2021
Pacific NW, USA
✟105,504.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hey Randy!

The hidden, Mysterious Plan of God began right here:

Genesis 1:3-4 NLT - "Then God said, "Let there be light," and there was light. 4 And God saw that the light was good. Then he separated the light from the darkness."

That, my friend . . . is the Spiritual Circumcision of Christ, the cutting away of the Sinful Nature. This is what it means to eat from the Tree of Life, to receive the Manna from Heaven, to be Reborn of Incorruptible Seed, to be Saved, to have crossed from death to Life . . . and on and on. Gen 1:3-4 provides the context for the entire Bible. And it is this way all throughout the Bible. I wish people would learn the Bible in the actual timeline format . . . it would help people with their interpretation of the Bible.
Great insight! Yes, there is a division, and we can't coax peole who are committed to that Darkness to leave it by our persuasion alone. They have to open their eyes, see the light, and want it, to want to pay the full price for it.

The price is the choice to leave the Darkness, to choose the Light over the Darkness. Grace will cover our weaknesses and all of our failiures. But we *must* choose the Light over the Darkness.

The Darkness is simply going our own way, and ignoring the lordship our Creator has over us. Darkness is independence from God.

Today we hear shouts of "liberty," and "freedom," and "rights." But the only real "right" we have is the right to access the Light by the grace of God.

We do not have the freedom to choose Darkness to live in. To do so is to be "cut off," to use your terminology, to be "cut off" from God's eternal Kingdom. Proper "Spiritual Circumcision" is to cut off our independent will, to choose to live in harmony with Christ's Spirit, to be led by the Lord. Thank you!

Upvote 0

Oneofhope

Oct 27, 2022
Nowhere
✟31,496.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
could you then share what this secret is that Paul preached?

My dear friend, it has taken me thousands of hours to determine how the Lord has kept His Plan a hidden secret, and why. The reason why I believe that I understand this Plan is because of shameless Asking, Seeking, and Knocking.

Luke 11:8 NLT - "But I tell you this--though he won't do it for friendship's sake, if you keep knocking long enough, he will get up and give you whatever you need because of your shameless persistence."

I am currently writing a humble commentary on the entire Bible that revolves around this Plan and is estimated to be well over 1000 pages when complete. To explain the hidden, Mysterious Plan of God is no easy task, and certainly, very difficult to express through a Christian forum.

Do you shamelessly Ask and Seek the Lord? Do you constantly knock, asking for His guidance and assistance? Do you sleep at His door when He does not answer, or are you like me as I once was? I used to knock on God's Door, and if He didn't answer immediately, I turned and ran away.

For those who make Knowing their God the most important thing in their life, they will be shown the hidden, Mysterious Plan of God.

Upvote 0

Oneofhope

Oct 27, 2022
Nowhere
✟31,496.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
They have to open their eyes, see the light, and want it, to want to pay the full price for it.
Thank you!

Randy, to say that we have to open our eyes and ear, and grow new legs to walk with Christ is not what Jesus said. Spiritual awakening is not our job, for it is impossible on our own. If this is our job, then we have stripped the Lord of His job. We can't open our eyes; that is the Purpose for Christ coming to earth. How Jesus opens our eyes is His Spiritual Work. To Spiritually see is the Effect of Christ's Work.

John 9:39-41 NLT - "Then Jesus told him, "I entered this world to render judgment--to give sight to the blind and to show those who think they see that they are blind." 40 Some Pharisees who were standing nearby heard him and asked, "Are you saying we're blind?" 41 "If you were blind, you wouldn't be guilty," Jesus replied. "But you remain guilty because you claim you can see."

Good sir, John 9:39-41 are three of the most important passages in the ENTIRE Bible. These passages tell us what John 3:15-17 do not tell us. John 3:16b tells us the Purpose of Christ, but it does not explain the Work of Christ. John 3:16 tells us the Effect of Christ's Work, which is Eternal Life, but again, it doesn't describe the Work of Christ. We MUST know this Work! (I say this with a smile . . . not an attitude of harshness).

The John 9 passages are describing the Spiritual Circumcision process as described in Eze 36:25-27, Rom 2:27-29, and Colossians 2:9-15. Oh my friend . . . if you take to "heart" these passages, your Bible will become an entirely new and Miraculous Book. You will understand it as you perhaps have always hoped.

Thank you so much for letting me share.

Upvote 0

RandyPNW

Jun 8, 2021
Pacific NW, USA
✟105,504.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Thank you!

Randy, to say that we have to open our eyes and ear, and grow new legs to walk with Christ is not what Jesus said.
I quite disagree with you. In saying that people had closed their eyes to the truth Jesus was saying that they *should have* opened their eyes. Nobody is going to open your eyes for you. You must do it yourself. When the alarm goes off in the morning, it's you who must decide to get up.
Spiritual awakening is not our job, for it is impossible on our own. If this is our job, then we have stripped the Lord of His job.
I completely disagree with you. God did not make us to be robots, so that God could hold the remote control and make us do things, open our eyes, awaken to spiritual truth, etc.

No, God put it into the heart of man to do what is right because He created us that way. He created us in His own image so we would naturally reason towards the truths of God. If He wanted a doll or a toy, He could've done that. But He didn't.
We can't open our eyes; that is the Purpose for Christ coming to earth. How Jesus opens our eyes is His Spiritual Work. To Spiritually see is the Effect of Christ's Work.
I completely disagree. This is what I hear all the time, that we are despicably wicked and cannot reason towards God, cannot accept Christ, and can do no good works. How absurd!
John 9:39-41 NLT - "Then Jesus told him, "I entered this world to render judgment--to give sight to the blind and to show those who think they see that they are blind." 40 Some Pharisees who were standing nearby heard him and asked, "Are you saying we're blind?" 41 "If you were blind, you wouldn't be guilty," Jesus replied. "But you remain guilty because you claim you can see."
This is false reasoning. Just because the water in the river flows by me to enable me to drink doesn't mean I can't dip my hands down and get a drink! God awakens us spiritually by providing His Spirit. But we must open our eyes to the truth and take of the spiritual life that He has provided for us.
Good sir, John 9:39-41 are three of the most important passages in the ENTIRE Bible. These passages tell us what John 3:15-17 do not tell us. John 3:16b tells us the Purpose of Christ, but it does not explain the Work of Christ. John 3:16 tells us the Effect of Christ's Work, which is Eternal Life, but again, it doesn't describe the Work of Christ. We MUST know this Work! (I say this with a smile . . . not an attitude of harshness).
Regardless of your attitude I think it's wrong. To say that God does the work and we do nothing is wrong. That may be true of Christ's Work of Redemption but it is not true of the work we are called to do *in him.*
The John 9 passages are describing the Spiritual Circumcision process as described in Eze 36:25-27, Rom 2:27-29, and Colossians 2:9-15. Oh my friend . . . if you take to "heart" these passages, your Bible will become an entirely new and Miraculous Book. You will understand it as you perhaps have always hoped.

Thank you so much for letting me share.
I'm always game to exchange ideas when there is sincerity and good will. However, I will appear to be a bit on the "course" side when people say things like you do, that we *do nothing.* Nothing could be farther from the Gospel message than, "Let God do it all. If it gets done at all, it's up to God, and not up to me!"

Upvote 0

JesusFollowerForever

Jan 19, 2024
Quebec
✟10,241.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
My dear friend, it has taken me thousands of hours to determine how the Lord has kept His Plan a hidden secret, and why. The reason why I believe that I understand this Plan is because of shameless Asking, Seeking, and Knocking.

Luke 11:8 NLT - "But I tell you this--though he won't do it for friendship's sake, if you keep knocking long enough, he will get up and give you whatever you need because of your shameless persistence."

I am currently writing a humble commentary on the entire Bible that revolves around this Plan and is estimated to be well over 1000 pages when complete. To explain the hidden, Mysterious Plan of God is no easy task, and certainly, very difficult to express through a Christian forum.

Do you shamelessly Ask and Seek the Lord? Do you constantly knock, asking for His guidance and assistance? Do you sleep at His door when He does not answer, or are you like me as I once was? I used to knock on God's Door, and if He didn't answer immediately, I turned and ran away.

For those who make Knowing their God the most important thing in their life, they will be shown the hidden, Mysterious Plan of God.
when will it be available? i am eager to see this. As for the Lord, he has found me and I have since then seeked him , more and more I want to know, and more and more I understand things I did not not so long ago. what i am trying to say is that God told us what we need to know through Jesus and the prophets, Paul did not reveal, to me anyways ,anything i did not already know from reading the previous books of the bible.

Peace

peace

Upvote 0

Oneofhope

Oct 27, 2022
Nowhere
✟31,496.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
I quite disagree with you. In saying that people had closed their eyes to the truth Jesus was saying that they *should have* opened their eyes. Nobody is going to open your eyes for you. You must do it yourself. When the alarm goes off in the morning, it's you who must decide to get up.

Hello,

We can't go on until we agree on what the below passages are about. What is the Purpose of Jesus in the below Scripture?

John 9:39-41 NLT - "Then Jesus told him, "I entered this world to render judgment--to give sight to the blind and to show those who think they see that they are blind." Some Pharisees who were standing nearby heard him and asked, "Are you saying we're blind?" "If you were blind, you wouldn't be guilty," Jesus replied. "But you remain guilty because you claim you can see."

If we are to discontinue our disagreements, and we must, then we need to get back to the basics and go as far back into history as possible. Are you willing to start from the beginning with me? If so, are you aware of the Scripture that takes us into Heaven, but before the world was created? What was happening? Why did God create the physical world?

To answer this question, we need to know why the Father sent His Son to earth. Jesus left His Throne for a purpose. This is the foundation of the entire Bible and we need to know these answers for when we witness to people. Why? Because the questions they ask need these answers. Then again, there aren't too many Christians that have ever actually witnessed to anyone. I'm 56 and no one has EVER even come close to sharing the Gospel with me. So . . . we need to become something like the first-fruits of God, and begin telling the Truth. Are you with me?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

B Griffin

Sep 4, 2011
Georgia
✟47,827.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

There is no hidden plan. The plan is and always has been in plain sight... salvation is and always was going to be through faith in Christ.

And the mystery kept hidden from people for ages that has now revealed is not a plan, but a personal God who lives in our hearts. It is explained right there in the verse that you left out... "To them God willed to make known what are the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles: which is Christ in you, the hope of glory." (Col 1:27)

The "mystery" concerns the hard to grasp fact that the one who resides in us is the creator, the one who died for our sins, the one in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge, and the one in whom exists all the fullness of God.

The thing hidden from people's understanding was the fact that He would take up residence in our hearts. But now this fact has been revealed to the saints, i.e., to those in whom He lives. We not only know this now, but we also grasp the rich gloriousness of His presence, to the extent that we even participate in it as we see Him "as in a mirror" (2 Cor 3:18).

It doesn't take a thousand pages to explain this.

Reactions: WilliamC
Upvote 0

Oneofhope

Oct 27, 2022
Nowhere
✟31,496.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
There is no hidden plan. The plan is and always has been in plain sight... salvation is and always was going to be through faith in Christ.

And the mystery kept hidden from people for ages that has now revealed is not a plan, but a personal God who lives in our hearts. It is explained right there in the verse that you left out... "To them God willed to make known what are the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles: which is Christ in you, the hope of glory." (Col 1:27)

The "mystery" concerns the hard to grasp fact that the one who resides in us is the creator, the one who died for our sins, the one in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge, and the one in whom exists all the fullness of God.

The thing hidden from people's understanding was the fact that He would take up residence in our hearts. But now this fact has been revealed to the saints, i.e., to those in whom He lives. We not only know this now, but we also grasp the rich gloriousness of His presence, to the extent that we even participate in it as we see Him "as in a mirror" (2 Cor 3:18).

It doesn't take a thousand pages to explain this.
Oh, well . . . alright. Sounds like you've got everything figured out. Well done.

Upvote 0

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟826,126.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Paul tells us what the Mystery is:

Eph. 3: 6 This mystery is that through the gospel the Gentiles are heirs together with Israel, members together of one body, and sharers together in the promise in Christ Jesus.

Colossians 1:26 the mystery that has been kept hidden for ages and generations, but is now disclosed to the Lord’s people.27 To them God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.

Upvote 0

Oneofhope

Oct 27, 2022
Nowhere
✟31,496.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
Paul tells us what the Mystery is:

Eph. 3: 6 This mystery is that through the gospel the Gentiles are heirs together with Israel, members together of one body, and sharers together in the promise in Christ Jesus.

Colossians 1:26 the mystery that has been kept hidden for ages and generations, but is now disclosed to the Lord’s people.27 To them God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.
Hello Bling!

Those are a fantastic beginning. From Genesis to Revelation, do think that there is more to the Eternal Plan of God that we ought to know? Or, are the above two passage enough?

Isaiah 14:24-27 NLT - "The LORD of Heaven's Armies has sworn this oath: "It will all happen as I have planned. It will be as I have decided. I will break the Assyrians when they are in Israel; I will trample them on my mountains. My people will no longer be their slaves nor bow down under their heavy loads. I have a plan for the whole earth, a hand of judgment upon all the nations. The LORD of Heaven's Armies has spoken--who can change his plans? When his hand is raised, who can stop him?"

Upvote 0

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟826,126.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hello Bling!

Those are a fantastic beginning. From Genesis to Revelation, do think that there is more to the Eternal Plan of God that we ought to know? Or, are the above two passage enough?

Isaiah 14:24-27 NLT - "The LORD of Heaven's Armies has sworn this oath: "It will all happen as I have planned. It will be as I have decided. I will break the Assyrians when they are in Israel; I will trample them on my mountains. My people will no longer be their slaves nor bow down under their heavy loads. I have a plan for the whole earth, a hand of judgment upon all the nations. The LORD of Heaven's Armies has spoken--who can change his plans? When his hand is raised, who can stop him?"
We are talking about the Mystery Paul was referring to kept hidden for ages, which has to do with the Gentile coming in. Was that not a mystery to everyone up until the first century?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Oneofhope

Oct 27, 2022
Nowhere
✟31,496.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
We are talking about the Mystery Paul was referring to kept hidden for ages, which has to do with the Gentile coming in. Was that not a mystery to everyone up until the first century?
Thanks! But what about the questions I asked? They're oh, so relevant. :)

Upvote 0

RandyPNW

Jun 8, 2021
Pacific NW, USA
✟105,504.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hello,

We can't go on until we agree on what the below passages are about. What is the Purpose of Jesus in the below Scripture?

John 9:39-41 NLT - "Then Jesus told him, "I entered this world to render judgment--to give sight to the blind and to show those who think they see that they are blind." Some Pharisees who were standing nearby heard him and asked, "Are you saying we're blind?" "If you were blind, you wouldn't be guilty," Jesus replied. "But you remain guilty because you claim you can see."
Are you with me?
You're not making any point.

1 Cor 14.7 Even in the case of lifeless things that make sounds, such as the pipe or harp, how will anyone know what tune is being played unless there is a distinction in the notes?

If you're saying that Christians should be "witnesses" to the Gospel and that evangelists should preach the Gospel need we even ask the question? But if you're suggesting that non-evangelists have a green light to approach people in the street, hand them tracts, and argue their religion, I would not agree.

Many in Western countries were raised up in Christian homes, and there is little need to have the Gospel preached to them. Nobody preached the Gospel to me either, but then again, I already was a Christian. Well, there was this Baptist once who sat next to me at a coffee bar. As he began trying to "witness to me" I told him I was already a Christian. But he just went on "sharing the Good News." ;)

What I think we need today are not just evangelists, who we are told to "pray for" and not just do, but we need to revive and stimulate what Christianity remains in people who were raised in Christian families.

Last edited:
Reactions: bling
Upvote 0