Quebec
✟10,241.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
We are talking about the Mystery Paul was referring to kept hidden for ages, which has to do with the Gentile coming in. Was that not a mystery to everyone up until the first century?
So what is that mystery, i still do not know

Upvote 0

Oneofhope

Oct 27, 2022
Nowhere
✟31,496.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
when will it be available? i am eager to see this. As for the Lord, he has found me and I have since then seeked him , more and more I want to know, and more and more I understand things I did not not so long ago. what i am trying to say is that God told us what we need to know through Jesus and the prophets, Paul did not reveal, to me anyways ,anything i did not already know from reading the previous books of the bible.

Peace

peace
Wow. I am so sorry that I didn't not respond. Christian Forums is REALLLLLLLY lacking in their email notification system. Flat broken. So again, I am so sorry!

I saw that you asked that you still don't know what the Plan of God is. I thought, I'd better go back through the messages and see if I missed something. Sure enough.

The hidden, Mysterious Plan of God is not easy to understand, particularly if you don't have someone pointing it out for you. This is exactly what it is said to have been, and still is, a hidden Mystery. In brief, the Plan revolves around the Purpose of Christ, the Work of Christ, and the Effect of Christ.

The Purpose of Christ is best defined in verses like John 3:16, where we learn that Jesus is sent to earth to give Eternal Life to those who believe. But that doesn't tell us HOW Jesus saves, or Redeems His Elect (Children). The primary theme of the Bible is "Captivity" and Jesus being sent to Earth to deal with that Spiritual problem. Obviously, our problem is not physical captivity, but Spiritual. And in this sense, our Spiritual captivity to Satan causes people to sin, hence, the Power of the Devil must be eliminated, and permanently.

The Plan revolves around the Spiritual Work of Christ. This would be called Redemption. Jesus Redeems His Elect from the Curse of the Lord. The Plan is that we must be separated from our old relationship with Satan, and have it replaced with a Relationship with the Lord. Jesus has four primary Works that produce His Holy Effect.

1) Jesus grants Spiritual Circumcision, the cutting away of the Sinful Nature
2) Jesus grants a person the ability to actually Repent. Because of the cutting away of the evil influence of the Devil, combined with the ability to Repent, given by Jesus, such a person will actually turn from their sins and change.
3) This process is also enhanced by Jesus sending the Holy Spirit. The Spirit teaches, leads, guides, corrects, and even prays on our behalf. We cannot fail at this point!
4) The last Work of Christ is what He did on the cross. His death pays the price for all our sin. By beliving in this, and by believing in the Power that Raised Jesus from the dead, and in understanding the terms of the Covenant of Circumcision, a person is finally made Right with God.

The Plan expands from here, as it is applied to Gentiles, but this stage of God's Eternal Plan did not begin until the first arrival of Christ. Before the arrival of Christ, the Gentiles were a law unto themselves. They did what they felt was right, and incredibly, they were less evil than the Blessed Jews. Of course, from here, we have the End Times, the final stage of God's incredible Plan (if we were to break it into three pieces).

The question becomes, then, how has it been kept hidden? This is of utmost importance, because when we understand HOW God kept His Plan hidden, and WHY . . . now we can understand the actual Saving Plan of Jesus Christ. To Understand the Gospel of Jesus, we need to understand the full Story of God.

If you are further interested, send an email to 2ndtimothygroup@gmail.com and we can get started.

It is good to see a thirsty heart!

Upvote 0

JesusFollowerForever

Jan 19, 2024
Quebec
✟10,241.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
My post point out God's plan to bring the Gentile in as Gentiles who do not have to become Jews.
Sorry or the late reply. I may have more questions if it is ok with you. What about the gentiles, do you mean what Jesus said in matt 28;
Mat 28:16 Then the eleven disciples went away into Galilee, into a mountain where Jesus had appointed them.
Mat 28:17 And when they saw him, they worshipped him: but some doubted.
Mat 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
Mat 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Mat 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

as far as I know, Peter was chosen by GOD to preach to the gentiles;
Act 15:7 And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.

Peter was certainly teaching what Jesus commanded him to teach. Now about paul, what was he teaching that was different from what Peter and the 12 were teaching to the gentiles? This is that part I do not understand what did paul teach that was not known from Jesus disciples, did not Jesus say that he would send them the Holy Spirit to teach them all things?;

Jhn 16:4 But these things have I told you, that when the time shall come, ye may remember that I told you of them. And these things I said not unto you at the beginning, because I was with you.
Jhn 16:5 But now I go my way to him that sent me; and none of you asketh me, Whither goest thou?
Jhn 16:6 But because I have said these things unto you, sorrow hath filled your heart.
Jhn 16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.
Jhn 16:8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
Jhn 16:9 Of sin, because they believe not on me;
Jhn 16:10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;
Jhn 16:11 Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.
Jhn 16:12 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.
Jhn 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
Jhn 16:14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.
Jhn 16:15 All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

also

Jhn 20:21 Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.
Jhn 20:22 And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost:
Jhn 20:23 Whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained.ow

So in essence what is it that Paul said that the disciples did not know? they received the Holy spirit for this reason to know everything and teach it to all.

Peace

Upvote 0

Hawkins

Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2005
Canada
✟238,450.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How has the Plan been kept hidden? In how many different ways? Furthermore, why was the Plan kept hidden?

It's basically for two reasons,
1) Countering the effort from Satan
Satan is a very intelligent person specialized in guessing correctly, and to try his best to ruin God's plan. In the past when the Jews tried to settle in Canaan, God has to eradicate all Canaanites in order to destroy Satan's plot against Israel. Satan was trying to make use of the brainwashed Canaanites to stop God's plan on conveying the message of salvation through the Jews till it finally reaches the gentiles.

2) Jesus as a clean lamb to be slaughtered
The name of God the Son must be clean before He comes to us as a "clean lamb". Then His name will receive insults from humans till the Judgment Day. He will have a new name after that point.

Revelation 3:12:
The one who is victorious I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will they leave it. I will write on them the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which is coming down out of heaven from my God; and I will also write on them my new name.

Satan's guesswork worked very close, not good enough though, by distancing the Pharisees from God such that Jesus was not reckoned by the Jewish authorities. God however quickly set up God's Church on earth in time through the effort of the apostles (they are lawfully the Jews), and that the gospel can now be preached to the end of the earth as prophesied, and as planned,

Isaiah 49:6
he says: "It is too small a thing for you to be my servant to restore the tribes of Jacob and bring back those of Israel I have kept. I will also make you a light for the Gentiles, that my salvation may reach to the ends of the earth."

If the US government has a crucial message for its citizens, the only way is to go through a US-facing mass media such as CNN or Fox News to broadcast the message to all US citizens.

Similarly, God needed a human-facing mass media to do the job. Satan's guesswork was that this must be done through Israel, he thus made the Pharisees distanced from God. Back then the Jews were not yet conveying the Word of God in a world-facing manner. Instead of making the Jews world-facing, God set up Church to do the job. To put it another way, Christianity is a displacement of the old Judaism when the Jews failed the role to switch to be human-facing to preach the gospel of human salvation through Jesus Christ.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟826,126.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Sorry or the late reply. I may have more questions if it is ok with you. What about the gentiles, do you mean what Jesus said in matt 28;
Mat 28:16 Then the eleven disciples went away into Galilee, into a mountain where Jesus had appointed them.
Mat 28:17 And when they saw him, they worshipped him: but some doubted.
Mat 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
Mat 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Mat 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

as far as I know, Peter was chosen by GOD to preach to the gentiles;
Act 15:7 And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.

Peter was certainly teaching what Jesus commanded him to teach. Now about paul, what was he teaching that was different from what Peter and the 12 were teaching to the gentiles? This is that part I do not understand what did paul teach that was not known from Jesus disciples, did not Jesus say that he would send them the Holy Spirit to teach them all things?;

Jhn 16:4 But these things have I told you, that when the time shall come, ye may remember that I told you of them. And these things I said not unto you at the beginning, because I was with you.
Jhn 16:5 But now I go my way to him that sent me; and none of you asketh me, Whither goest thou?
Jhn 16:6 But because I have said these things unto you, sorrow hath filled your heart.
Jhn 16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.
Jhn 16:8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
Jhn 16:9 Of sin, because they believe not on me;
Jhn 16:10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;
Jhn 16:11 Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.
Jhn 16:12 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.
Jhn 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
Jhn 16:14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.
Jhn 16:15 All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

also

Jhn 20:21 Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.
Jhn 20:22 And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost:
Jhn 20:23 Whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained.ow

So in essence what is it that Paul said that the disciples did not know? they received the Holy spirit for this reason to know everything and teach it to all.

Peace
Paul describes himself as being the Apostle to the Gentiles while the others were concentrating on the Jews. Paul when he entered a new city would first go to the Jews and later go to the Gentiles, as time went on all were going to both Jews and Gentile.

The total message was the same to both the Jews and the Gentile it was just with Christ going to the cross you could go to both Jews and Gentiles with the same message.

Upvote 0

Samson2021

Mar 10, 2021
Oklahoma
✟25,899.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You are almost there.
Acts 15:11 "But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they."

Grace- undeserved, unmerited favor. Election according to grace.
Is there a difference between the believer and the unbeliever? No, for both groups have come short of the glory of God for both were/are sinners.
Rom 3:22-23
Even the righteousness of God, through faith in Jesus Christ, UNTO ALL and UPON ALL them that believe, for there is no difference.
What makes the two groups different in their belief? Some have the faith of Jesus UPON them the others do not. Election.

Notice that Peter had a change of understanding here. He was preaching Johns baptism for remission of sins, but once Paul came along
and showed him it was all about grace he had a better understanding of reality. Paul says there is only ONE BAPTISM and that wasn't water.
It was the baptism in the Holy Ghost that brought with it the new spiritual life that would enable one whom was chosen to begin the process
of becoming a son of the living God, which is the thing to which we were predestined to become. Sonship. Thats the secret, but unless born of the Spirit one will not know about it, for it is the kingdom destination and one must be born again to see/understand the kingdom.
Eph 1:5 having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the GOOD PLEASURE OF HIS WILL, .....
Jas 1:18 Of His own will begat He us through the word of truth that we should be a kind of first fruits of His creatures. (sons).
Doesn't say last fruits here?????Just the FIRST.

Considering that it is Gods will that causes one to be begotten, how does a mans will have anything to do with the begetting?

Paul as one that was persecuting the church at his time of visitation was not a believer in Jesus, indeed was just the opposite,
thought He was a fraud, and was imprisoning those who were spreading the name. Thats grace in the Bible, Pauls conversion/election.
Read 1 Ti 1:13-14 to see what Paul had to say happened to him and why. NLT says it best for American understanding.
Then notice in 16 Paul states that He was an example of the Lords patience with even the worst of sinners.

To simplify Peter was teaching remission of sins through water baptism, that was the way that prepared the way for the Lord. After the crucifixion
the way was opened for the remission of sins was paid by Jesus Christ. The lamb had been slaughtered for the sin of the world. It was finished.
Peter still did not understand it was God who would do the choosing of the elect through imputed faith and love that come from the fullness
of Jesus Christ. After Paul, he most likely got it, but even he states some things that Paul taught were hard to be understood.

Upvote 0