✟523,023.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Discuss.

Also, Satan invented dinosaurs.

If not, then who did? God?

God allowed Satan to invent dinosaurs. Satan had to askn him to do it.

IOne off.

Also, wgty are people scared of snakes? Dumb question. Forget I asked.

Just that one question.
God created the world in 6 days...
By faith we understand that the universe was created at God's command, so thtat what is seen was not made out of what is visible. --Hebrews 11:3

Let all the earth fear the LORD;
let all the people of the world
revere Him.
For He spoke, and it came to be;
He commanded, and it stood
firm. --Psalm 33:8-9

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
God created the world in 6 days...
By faith we understand that the universe was created at God's command, so thtat what is seen was not made out of what is visible. --Hebrews 11:3

Let all the earth fear the LORD;
let all the people of the world
revere Him.
For He spoke, and it came to be;
He commanded, and it stood
firm. --Psalm 33:8-9

All those statements true - but that does not mean that Satan did not exist a year before Adam (more like x-years before). Satan was not "created Satan" - he was created "Lucifer" and that took more then 20 minutes to get from sinless perfect angel to "Satan - leader of 1/3 of the angels fallen and now demons" to then meet Adam and Eve in Eden.

Upvote 0

throughfiierytrial

Truth-Lover
Site Supporter
Apr 7, 2014
✟523,023.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
All those statements true - but that does not mean that Satan did not exist a year before Adam (more like x-years before). Satan was not "created Satan" - he was created "Lucifer" and that took more then 20 minutes to get from sinless perfect angel to "Satan - leader of 1/3 of the angels fallen and now demons" to then meet Adam and Eve in Eden.
The title of the thread here is "God really made the Universe in Six Days" and that is what I addressed with my post. The rest of this speculation you are getting into is just that big time speculation. That is never too smart. Didn't Job get reprimanded for speaking of things without knowledge? Yes he did! Apply it to yourselves, remembering the following Scripture passages...
Isaiah 55:8-9:
“For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways,”
declares the Lord.
“As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts.

Matthew 10:27:
Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but not with God; all things are possible with God.”
Creation itself...6 days...attests to this! It also attests to the foolishness of speculating where Scripture is silent.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The title of the thread here is "God really made the Universe in Six Days" and that is what I addressed with my post. The rest of this speculation you are getting into is just that big time speculation.

My point is that the bible does not say God made the universe in six days.

Gen 1:1 says God made the Universe
But Gen 1:2-2:3 speaks specifically about this earth and the two great lights made on day 4... Life on Earth and our sun and moon.

Therefore in Genesis 3 when Satan shows up already the devil already having been cast out of heaven - already the leader of 1/3 of the fallen angels - it is because there is a lot of pre-history there.

The earth is already covered with water before day 1.

So while the Genesis account does inform us about all life on Earth - it is not saying a whole lot about all the other stuff in the Universe and how it is that before day 1 there is already Earth covered by water, and before day 1 of Earth's creation week - there is already a devil.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Hmm... well no where in the word can one find "Satan can create". He can't. As for how long the world or all else was made.. you know never bothered me at all. Some say HAS to 6 days.. others say billions of years...ok

Nobody says "Genesis 1 says the Earth came about in 4.5 billion years" all of that sort of talk is not coming from Genesis 1 at all.

Upvote 0

Foxfyre

Site Supporter
May 1, 2017
New Mexico
✟233,566.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
One thing that "might" happen in Heaven is that God might say "oh... the timeline... so you don't see anything in My Word specifying the timeline for creation week? What was "the other reason" I gave you for your 7 day week?"

And 3 Peter 3:8 says: But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day.

So there's that. I believe God respects those who insist on the literal English translation in Genesis 1, and I think he respects those who insist that Creation has been going on for billions of years and is still happening. I honestly don't think he cares much how we see it so long as we understand He did it. I don't think he likes for us to fight over something that really doesn't matter all that much in our purpose for being here on Earth which is to love the Lord and others.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
And 3 Peter 3:8 says: But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day.

True it says it "both ways" so it is not creating a rule for calculation -

If it had said "a day is as a 1000 years" and left it there - maybe you could use it as a rule -- supposing that Christ predicted he would be in the grave for 3000 years.

But as it is - it says it both ways to make the point that no time is too short and no time too long for God.

I believe God respects those who insist on the literal English translation in Genesis 1

On the contrary - Hebrew does not allow for "stick in any amount of time you like here" either. I have put this to a number of Hebrew scholars - for example when it comes to the "yom" of Exodus 20 "6 days you shall labor... the 7th day is the Sabbath of YHWH... for in six days the Lord made..." and they have stated emphatically that nothing in the Hebrew language justifies using different definition for the term willy-nilly as it may strike one's fancy. Rather it is "day" as in a real solar day.

Which is (I think) not very surprising.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,641.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
God created the “Kosmos”. “Universe” can be used to mean “totality” or “whole creation”. :)

What i was addressing to this person was his statement or topic head line.
God Really Made the Universe In Six Days

Where he is referencing The creation in Genesis, but in Genesis God only states that He created heaven and earth. What he is (at least i see it this way) equating in Genesis when God say He created heaven and earth, he is seeing heaven as another name for sciences universe.

Upvote 0

Zetetica

Jan 2, 2019
Canada
✟19,625.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What i was addressing to this person was his statement or topic head line.
God Really Made the Universe In Six Days

Where he is referencing The creation in Genesis, but in Genesis God only states that He created heaven and earth. What he is (at least i see it this way) equating in Genesis when God say He created heaven and earth, he is seeing heaven as another name for sciences universe.

It’s simply not but that’s what he believes in and reads into scripture, eh?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,641.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
It’s simply not but that’s what he believes in and reads into scripture, eh?
who ever i was talking to seemed more like a kid in their manner with their answers, question and reply's, so i did not expend too much time with them.

Reactions: Archivist
Upvote 0

Foxfyre

Site Supporter
May 1, 2017
New Mexico
✟233,566.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
True it says it "both ways" so it is not creating a rule for calculation -

If it had said "a day is as a 1000 years" and left it there - maybe you could use it as a rule -- supposing that Christ predicted he would be in the grave for 3000 years.

But as it is - it says it both ways to make the point that no time is too short and no time too long for God.

On the contrary - Hebrew does not allow for "stick in any amount of time you like here" either. I have put this to a number of Hebrew scholars - for example when it comes to the "yom" of Exodus 20 "6 days you shall labor... the 7th day is the Sabbath of YHWH... for in six days the Lord made..." and they have stated emphatically that nothing in the Hebrew language justifies using different definition for the term willy-nilly as it may strike one's fancy. Rather it is "day" as in a real solar day.

Which is (I think) not very surprising.

I don't have any problem with Exodus using literal seven 24-hour days for that particular passage and fine point of the Law. I don't think you can extrapolate that to Genesis 1 however which is believed by most scholars to actually be one of the most recent manuscripts included in the Torah as well as all of what we know as the Old Testament. I see Genesis 1 as a theological statement expressing the same teaching as John 1. God was there in the beginning and He is the author of all that exists. I believe that completely and I don't believe trying to use our 21st Century logic to make something literal out of every symbol, metaphor, illustration, etc. is likely to be useful other than being interesting to discuss.

And I say that without any intention of disputing or arguing with anyone re how they believe those passages because I believe God honors our best intentions intended to honor Him whether we are literally correct or not.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

gideon123

Humble Servant of God
Dec 25, 2011
USA
✟59,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is not a theologian alive today who can tell us what language was used, when Genesis was passed down from generation to generation. What language did Noah speak? We have no idea. It certainly wasn't Hebrew, or ancient Hebrew. Those languages did not exist, until the time that the Hebrews were in slavery under the Egyptians.

Therefore, it is very presumptuous for people to claim that they "know" what the first chapter of Genesis said. How can you know ... you have a translation of a translation of a translation ... of a dialect that is completely unknown.

I am not saying that the word of God is not valid. God is making a strong point about authorship, when He talks about Creation in Genesis. I do not believe the passages were ever meant to be a literal account of a science textbook.

Blessings!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
There is not a theologian alive today who can tell us what language was used, when Genesis was passed down from generation to generation. What language did Noah speak? We have no idea. It certainly wasn't Hebrew, or ancient Hebrew. Those languages did not exist, until the time that the Hebrews were in slavery under the Egyptians.

Therefore, it is very presumptuous for people to claim that they "know" what the first chapter of Genesis said. How can you know ... you have a translation of a translation of a translation ... of a dialect that is completely unknown.

I am not saying that the word of God is not valid. God is making a strong point about authorship, when He talks about Creation in Genesis. I do not believe the passages were ever meant to be a literal account of a science textbook.

Blessings!
The Hebrew language allows to understand them, or us, at the time though, and brings us much closer to what they knew and understood, and understood the things in Genesis to mean, and or say at the time, ect... How they interpreted it, what it meant to them, how it spoke to them, ect...

God Bless!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

throughfiierytrial

Truth-Lover
Site Supporter
Apr 7, 2014
✟523,023.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My point is that the bible does not say God made the universe in six days.

Gen 1:1 says God made the Universe
But Gen 1:2-2:3 speaks specifically about this earth and the two great lights made on day 4... Life on Earth and our sun and moon.

Therefore in Genesis 3 when Satan shows up already the devil already having been cast out of heaven - already the leader of 1/3 of the fallen angels - it is because there is a lot of pre-history there.

The earth is already covered with water before day 1.

So while the Genesis account does inform us about all life on Earth - it is not saying a whole lot about all the other stuff in the Universe and how it is that before day 1 there is already Earth covered by water, and before day 1 of Earth's creation week - there is already a devil.
I do not follow you...how can you positively conclude that there is already a devil before earth's creation week.
In the beginning there is only God...all else is void. Job 38:7 tells us the angels shouted for joy at the creation of the earth...far as I know that is all the information we are given about the creation of the angels.
Here is the explanation of Lucifer's fall:
Isaiah 14:12-14:
2 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!
13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:
14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.
The Bible mentions the fall of many angels to join in Satan's rebellion, and I don't remember where that is recorded the best and I don't have time to look that up right now. I do not from memory believe that it directly coincides with Satan's fall. We do have the fact that they fell recorded.

About Satan tempting Adam and Eve...it is not recorded as to how much time elapsed with them living in the garden before their fall. One could so some calculations with Adams lifespan and Adam's age at the birth of Cain to see how old he was at that point in time...still would not give you any accuracy.

Futile and foolish to try to find out and entirely unnecessary.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,136.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Where do you see God creating a universe in the Bible.

The dinosaurs (i believe ) came about during Noah's time when the nephelium were on the earth.

So God looked upon the earth, and indeed it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted their way on the earth.

I think John 1:1-3 supports that statement.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,136.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Discuss.

Also, Satan invented dinosaurs.

If not, then who did? God?

God allowed Satan to invent dinosaurs. Satan had to askn him to do it.

IOne off.

Also, wgty are people scared of snakes? Dumb question. Forget I asked.

Just that one question.

According to the scriptures satan didn’t create anything.

“God created everything through him (Jesus), and nothing was created except through him. The Word gave life to everything that was created, and his life brought light to everyone.”
‭‭John‬ ‭1:3-4‬

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,641.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I think John 1:1-3 supports that statement.

I am a creationist and i believe Genesis to be true (literal). But in Genesis it is stated that God created heaven and earth. No mention of a universe, that idea has come about because of sciences influence of christian belief.

Never is it stated in the Bible of God creating a universe.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,136.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am a creationist and i believe Genesis to be true (literal). But in Genesis it is stated that God created heaven and earth. No mention of a universe, that idea has come about because of sciences influence of christian belief.

Never is it stated in the Bible of God creating a universe.

But the universe had to have been created because it exists.

Upvote 0