Visit site
✟3,984.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
AU-Greens
Why is this in the Christian persecution section? To label it as persecution of any type is to belittle the genuine persecution some Christians suffer. You know what? I'm a Christian, and I read Fundies Say The Darndest Things daily. If you post something daft on the Internet, expect to be called out on it, and it both amuses and disturbs me what some people post.

And if you failed to notice, it's called Fundies Say The Darndest Things, not Christians Say The Darndest Things. Fundies of many different persuasions have appeared on the site, including - gasp - atheists! Also, no-one's going to Hell for pointing out what someone else said is a bit silly or wrong.

Upvote 0

livingword26

Veteran
Mar 16, 2006
✟17,819.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I came across this website today:
http://www.fstdt.com/

You may be upset to learn that the people on this site repost some of the comments we make on this board.

They then award the comments 'fundie' ratings and underneath they post rude remarks.

I got this treatment myself twice:
http://www.fstdt.com/comments.asp?id=13318
http://www.fstdt.com/comments.asp?id=13319

It's nothing short of cheap mockery.

My only comfort is that they are going to Hell for this. :mad:

I think you need to question yourself, if you find comfort in thinking anyone will go to hell.

Upvote 0

Shakespeare

Jul 20, 2006
✟15,220.00
Faith
Lutheran
Politics
US-Others
If you find comfort in another person being damned to hell, I wonder how sincere you are in your Christianity.

And if you do not wish to be mocked, the best way to prevent that is to avoid saying outrageous things.

I am very familiar with that site, and generally speaking, the only people who get discussed on it are those who have made fools of themselves with ridiculous, silly, or hateful statements based on a fundamentalist religious stand. Several times in the past, posts have been put up over there that frankly weren't that fundie, and the regulars have always demanded that it be removed as not deserving of mockery.

If you wound up there, you likely said something absurd or twisted.

EDIT
LOL I read the thread you were in over there. Dude, I don't think you were mocked because you are a fuindamental Christian, or really even that you made the statement that you told your wife she would have to go to counselling with your priest to fix her attitude and learn to serve you...I do believe you were mocked because you were surprised when she didn't think that was a wonderful idea.

I'm a Christian, and so is my wife. We are wonderfully happy in our marriage and our church, and I have never told her she had to be subserviant to me, nor would I ever dream of it. When I act like a donkey's rear end, she calls me on it, because she is my lifemate, best friend, and partner. I actually feel kind of sorry for you that you probably won't find that with someone. Peace, man, and good luck with the whole "obey me" thing.

Reactions: xMinionX
Upvote 0

Shakespeare

Jul 20, 2006
✟15,220.00
Faith
Lutheran
Politics
US-Others
I guess you just have to accept the fact that when you post something on the internet, you basically are putting it out there for anyone to basically do anything with it that they want. Probably the most important survival skill for being an active participant on internet chat rooms and message boards is a thick skin.

Reminds me of when my grandmother told me way back in prep school never to write anything down that I wouldn't want read in front of the school.

Upvote 0

RealityCheck

Senior Veteran
May 9, 2006
New York
✟23,538.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
What Shakespeare said.

Never, ever, for one moment think that anything you put up on the net won't possibly end up being used against you.

Say something inane, insane, or just plain dumb? Expect it to be mocked.

Post a dumb picture of yourself getting smashed? Expect it to be freely distributed.

Anything you say can and will be used against you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
C

catlover

If you are going to troll do a better job, please.

This is your quote from rate-a-fundy:

The main example is the rift that my religion has caused in my marriaged.

I married my wife Margaret before I found Jesus.

Upon being saved I studied the Bible voraciously and found that Margaret, quite an outspoken woman always nagging me and telling me what to do, was going against God's will and that I would need to educate her in behaving more appropriately.

When I showed her this quote, Wives, be subordinate to your husbands, as is proper in the Lord(Colossians 3:18) and said that we would have to remedy her behaviour through counselling with our priest, she went mad and left me.

As much as I love her, I would choose Jesus over her any day"

Born again types have pastors not priests. For that matter, those who "find Jesus" usually have strong disagreements with Priests etc...they have issues with ""man made traditions and calling priests "father". So do a better job trolling next time.

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Why is this in the Christian persecution section? To label it as persecution of any type is to belittle the genuine persecution some Christians suffer. You know what? I'm a Christian, and I read Fundies Say The Darndest Things daily. If you post something daft on the Internet, expect to be called out on it, and it both amuses and disturbs me what some people post.

And if you failed to notice, it's called Fundies Say The Darndest Things, not Christians Say The Darndest Things. Fundies of many different persuasions have appeared on the site, including - gasp - atheists! Also, no-one's going to Hell for pointing out what someone else said is a bit silly or wrong.
Exactly. Perfectly stated, word for word.
Ringo

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

crusadernoel

Jun 3, 2006
London
✟15,165.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
If you are going to troll do a better job, please.

This is your quote from rate-a-fundy:

The main example is the rift that my religion has caused in my marriaged.

I married my wife Margaret before I found Jesus.

Upon being saved I studied the Bible voraciously and found that Margaret, quite an outspoken woman always nagging me and telling me what to do, was going against God's will and that I would need to educate her in behaving more appropriately.

When I showed her this quote, Wives, be subordinate to your husbands, as is proper in the Lord(Colossians 3:18) and said that we would have to remedy her behaviour through counselling with our priest, she went mad and left me.

As much as I love her, I would choose Jesus over her any day"

Born again types have pastors not priests. For that matter, those who "find Jesus" usually have strong disagreements with Priests etc...they have issues with ""man made traditions and calling priests "father". So do a better job trolling next time.

Hold on there Columbo. Actually, I prefer priests to pastors. And I don't mind calling priests father, I think it's cute.

Anyway, I can see that I am not welcome here anymore - I'm quite a perceptive chap...

It seems that I am too much of a hardliner not only for the athiest heathens over at FSTDF, but even for Christians!

I suppose this is why I only have my dog Geoffrey and my best friend Jesus for company...

So I will bid you farewell.

Keep up the good work.

:wave:

Upvote 0
C

catlover

Hold on there Columbo. Actually, I prefer priests to pastors. And I don't mind calling priests father, I think it's cute.

Anyway, I can see that I am not welcome here anymore - I'm quite a perceptive chap...

It seems that I am too much of a hardliner not only for the athiest heathens over at FSTDF, but even for Christians!

I suppose this is why I only have my dog Geoffrey and my best friend Jesus for company...

So I will bid you farewell.

Keep up the good work.

:wave:

Later. Try harder next time. :D

Upvote 0

Shakespeare

Jul 20, 2006
✟15,220.00
Faith
Lutheran
Politics
US-Others
Trolling gets boring, doesn't it?

A true, dyed-in-the-wool born-again fundie would never give up that easily, my friend. Besides, it sounds from your original post that you "found Jesus" but your wife didn't. Otherwise, wouldn't she have agreed with your newfound fundamentalist, male-dominance schtick?

And if you found Jesus and Margaret didn't, then why do you refer to this priest as "our" priest...?

And you prefer priests to pastors? That has to be the most moronic statement yet, my friend. If you are really choosing your religious affiliation based on the titles of the clergy, well, then that's remarkably shallow of you. I could understand it it you prefered the theology and doctrine of those faiths who use the term "Father," but then again, those would be Roman Catholic and Orthodox...neither of which are much in tune with a born again approach to faith and doctrine.

Only your dog Geoffrey and your best friend Jesus for company...? Oh come, on, man. Even "Crimes of the Heart" isn't that melodramatic. Why not go all the way and throw in that you have cancer, too? Where are all the new friends the "Priest" introduced you to? Are you such a sad sack that even your newfound congregation of Roman-Catholic-Southern-Baptist-Pentecostal-Anglicans won't talk to you?

It you are going to cast into the pond with the big fish, be prepared with better bait, my friend.

Upvote 0

jengoesup

Mar 8, 2006
Not at Home
✟7,725.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I came across this website today:
http://www.fstdt.com/

You may be upset to learn that the people on this site repost some of the comments we make on this board.

They then award the comments 'fundie' ratings and underneath they post rude remarks.

I got this treatment myself twice:
http://www.fstdt.com/comments.asp?id=13318
http://www.fstdt.com/comments.asp?id=13319

It's nothing short of cheap mockery.

My only comfort is that they are going to Hell for this. :mad:
Don't wish people to Hell :( And Christ said we would be persecuted, so we've got to learn to let this slide off our backs. Don't worry, don't get mad, God has got you.

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Don't wish people to Hell :( And Christ said we would be persecuted, so we've got to learn to let this slide off our backs. Don't worry, don't get mad, God has got you.
It's not persecution! I'm a fan of that website and honestly, its purpose is to make fun of fundamentalists - not all Christians. That's why, as someone else said, it's "Fundies Say The Darndest Things".

Don't be so sensitive. FSTDT isn't around to make fun of God but His followers. After all, as the old saying goes: "God, save me from (some) of your followers".
Ringo

Reactions: cobweb
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.