'Fundies Say the Darndest Things'

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrrrrrNiceGuy

If you know the truth the truth will set you free.
Jul 17, 2006
Fairview, Tennessee
Visit site
✟8,080.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
And you should pay attention to the content of the posts that do end up there. You'd be hard pressed to say that any of them are going to convince anyone to turn to Christ.

Well, no, but it can help. Convincing someone to turn to Christ is a process; it doesn't just happen overnight. It wasn't that way with me at least; it took a full year of regular church attendance and participation in church activities to convince me of the truth that is in Christ. The whole while I was I just going to church because I found something there I never had before: Full acceptance of me just as I was by the people in the church! :priest:

Upvote 0

RealityCheck

Senior Veteran
May 9, 2006
New York
✟23,538.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Well, no, but it can help. Convincing someone to turn to Christ is a process; it doesn't just happen overnight. It wasn't that way with me at least; it took a full year of regular church attendance and participation in church activities to convince me of the truth that is in Christ. The whole while I was I just going to church because I found something there I never had before: Full acceptance of me just as I was by the people in the church! :priest:

You completely missed my point.

Here is a sampling of the fundyist of the fundamentalist posts that have shown up on FSTDT. You tell me if these are good witnessing tools or not:

"
"In the Bible God opposed the slavery in ancient Egypt as being oppressive to his people (and as something that honored the Egyptian gods). Other times, when the Israelites turned their back on God, he turned them over to other nations to become slaves. So it seems God "supports" slavery when it is justified and "condemns" slavery when it becomes too unjust.
That's why the issue of morality of "slavery" is not as black and white as you want to make it seem.
To say that anytime you take away someone's "freedom" is unjust is ignorant because "freedom" is a very arbitrary and ambiguous term. And that's not even taking into consdieration if "freedom" is neccessarily moral."

"[Verse about Moses ordering the rape of little girls.]

Yeah, I dont doubt that it was rape, and i dont doubt that God ordered it.....I cant understand it, I only trust that for whatever reason God knew what he was doing."

"I think im speaking for most of us here when I say I am tired of living in a country that promotes sin and a satanic lifestyle. I was not born a christian only to have some godless person try to instill their beliefs on me or my family. Something needs to change. If we are to win the war on terror then we need to get everyone on the right side. Why dont we see any Christification camps? Children should be taught the Truth of Christ at a young age so that they cannot grow up believing in satan...

I understand why Bush has been divinely inspired by the Lord Jesus Christ, because only he understands the perils that our country and Christian Citizens of the United States face on a daily basis. The inherit threat of the mohammedons must cease, and we must be able to live our lives without fear of being killed in the name of Satan(allah). I think we need to have Christification camps open up through the country, requiring mandatory attendance for people who chose to believe in false religions. This is a real threat we are facing and we need to take it very seriously..."

ok....the KJV is the original writen by gods chosen people, and the NIV, NKJV, ect...was writin by lesbians, taking the word soldomite, i know my spelling is wrong, they took out the word, jesus and god alot of time, and you can to research on the internet easily for more info..."

"No, everyone is born Christian. Only later in life do people choose to stray from Jesus and worship satan instead. Atheists have the greatest "cover" of all, they insist they believe in no god yet most polls done and the latest research indicates that they are actually a different sect of Muslims."

Post regarding Abortion in the Bible:

"abortion is murder, it says so in the bible, i know it does, somewhere, and i will find it! because you're probably not going to look it up yourself, but it is murder, no pregnancy is a mistake, how would you like it if someone aborted you? yeah you wouldn't be here, but if you could commicate in some scary and weird way, then you'd think abortion is wrong. you can have sex, but if you don't want kids, then you should probably be smart enough to have sex around the time when you're most likely not going to get pregnant like right after your period, or maybe you could use a condom? hey a lot of people do, but if you do get pregnant, it shouldn't be the baby's fault, it's your fault, you know and it shouldn't even be like that, you should be so happy, you now have something else to live for in this crazy world."

which was then followed by another person who pointed to Exodus 21:22, which indicates that causing a miscarriage is not equivalent to murder; the above poster responds:

that's not the quote, abortion is murder, sorry i don't memorize the bible by heart, i don't care what you put, abortion is murder, it's stupid, it's selfish, oh here's one more thing, everything that in Exodus 21:22 and the stuff that follows is all changed by Jesus, abortion is murder dude

I think that anyone who would choose to believe in the religion of evolution is totally ignorant. You can believe you came from a monkey if you want, but I didn't! Dr. Kent Hovind is a genius and you are just mad because he proves you are stupid and wrong. I think you should grow up and stop posting sites that merely defame someone else. Try to do something positive for a change, or you may just evolve into a toad!""

The Baptist church is the one that Jesus began when He was here on earth. However, not ALL Baptist churches still follow the Bible like they once did. Even some independent fundamental Baptist churches are straying from the foundations in God's Word.

No other denomination was started by Jesus....they were all started by fallible mortal men.

Upvote 0

MrrrrrNiceGuy

If you know the truth the truth will set you free.
Jul 17, 2006
Fairview, Tennessee
Visit site
✟8,080.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You completely missed my point.

Here is a sampling of the fundyist of the fundamentalist posts that have shown up on FSTDT. You tell me if these are good witnessing tools or not:"

Post regarding Abortion in the Bible:

which was then followed by another person who pointed to Exodus 21:22, which indicates that causing a miscarriage is not equivalent to murder; the above poster responds:

Yeah, well I know that at least anything I say won't really be so rash.

You know, like I've already said they've quoted me already from a different message board and for about 7/8 of the posts they quoted me on, I couldn't even understand why they even quoted me. I mean it was just ridiculous; how did these posts even make the FSTDT website, I wondered. These 7 posts also go low scores on the "fundie" rating; I guess they just weren't really as "fundie" as the administrators first thought. Now 1 of one of them I admit was really rash; actually downright ridiculous now that I think about it. It made me wonder: "What in the blazes was I thinking? That is one the dumbest things I've ever typed. I can't believe I actually typed that!" It did give me a good belly laugh, though. At least I can still laugh at myself over the stupid things that I say sometimes. :D

Upvote 0

*Starlight*

Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time
Jan 19, 2005
Right in front of you *waves*
Visit site
✟133,073.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I like FSTDT, I read it almost every day. Many of the posts quoted there are really funny! But some are actually quite scary.... for example, some fundies advocating racism :eek:

Reactions: cobweb
Upvote 0

RealityCheck

Senior Veteran
May 9, 2006
New York
✟23,538.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I like FSTDT, I read it almost every day. Many of the posts quoted there are really funny! But some are actually quite scary.... for example, some fundies advocating racism :eek:

Oh those are some of the worst...

such as:

why would God put the barriers of skin color up if they don't matter.. there is a reason for different skin color obviously or we would all be white, or black.. there are certain barriers.. i personally believe what i posted. that certain descendants are allowed to intermarry and certain ones are not..

Upvote 0

*Starlight*

Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time
Jan 19, 2005
Right in front of you *waves*
Visit site
✟133,073.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

RealityCheck

Senior Veteran
May 9, 2006
New York
✟23,538.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, well I know that at least anything I say won't really be so rash.

You know, like I've already said they've quoted me already from a different message board and for about 7/8 of the posts they quoted me on, I couldn't even understand why they even quoted me. I mean it was just ridiculous; how did these posts even make the FSTDT website, I wondered. These 7 posts also go low scores on the "fundie" rating; I guess they just weren't really as "fundie" as the administrators first thought. Now 1 of one of them I admit was really rash; actually downright ridiculous now that I think about it. It made me wonder: "What in the blazes was I thinking? That is one the dumbest things I've ever typed. I can't believe I actually typed that!" It did give me a good belly laugh, though. At least I can still laugh at myself over the stupid things that I say sometimes. :D

That's more than most people who get quoted on FSTDT would say of their own posts. Most would defend their stupidity to the death.

The ratings are given by the readers. Quite a few posts get put up there that really aren't "fundie" - whatever criteria that consists of, is up to the reader. If you got 7 posts quoted that were rated low, it's cause the readers generally felt that your post wasn't really "fundamentalist". That happens.

Upvote 0

TheListener

Save a cow - eat a vegetarian!
Aug 22, 2004
Sydney
✟19,448.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I came across this website today:
http://www.fstdt.com/

You may be upset to learn that the people on this site repost some of the comments we make on this board.

They then award the comments 'fundie' ratings and underneath they post rude remarks.

I got this treatment myself twice:
http://www.fstdt.com/comments.asp?id=13318
http://www.fstdt.com/comments.asp?id=13319

It's nothing short of cheap mockery.

My only comfort is that they are going to Hell for this. :mad:
Yeah' I made it on their list last year, no big deal.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.