Frustration - loneliness, girl, unanswered prayer

Jun 8, 2008
✟15,135.00
Faith
Christian
I'm happy, or at least content, with nearly everything else in my life, save this one particular problem. I'm confident in nearly every other aspect of my life, save this one particular problem. I'm successful in nearly every other area of my life save this one particular problem.

I'd like to think I can live without a girl. In fact, the logical side of my brain steadfastly believes this, and I can think of countless reasons why it'd be better to remain single than find a companion.

Yet that inexplicable desire to want female companionship manifests itself. I can't suppress it. Sometimes I can forget about it temporarily if I avoid people, but that's not something I can realistically do for prolonged periods. I've begged to God to eliminate this desire if he's not going to fulfill it, to no avail.

In the past I've even researched having myself castrated, but even that supposedly isn't 100% guaranteed to remove all desires for the opposite sex. Apparently it is currently beyond medical science to eliminate the basic need for human companionship and wanting a mate.

Friends have told me I seem more likely to own a Lamborghini before I get a girlfriend. I don't really doubt it either, because the path to being a millionaire seems clearer, better defined, and easier than the path to attaining female affection.

Every day has become like walking into a den of lions now, and I don't feel God there with me. Like I said, it's not the rejection, but the circumstances it has now resulted me in being.

Upvote 0

GQ Chris

ooey gooey is for brownies, not Bible teachers
Jan 17, 2005
Golden State
✟45,842.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
I'm happy, or at least content, with nearly everything else in my life, save this one particular problem. I'm confident in nearly every other aspect of my life, save this one particular problem. I'm successful in nearly every other area of my life save this one particular problem.

I'd like to think I can live without a girl. In fact, the logical side of my brain steadfastly believes this, and I can think of countless reasons why it'd be better to remain single than find a companion.

Yet that inexplicable desire to want female companionship manifests itself. I can't suppress it. Sometimes I can forget about it temporarily if I avoid people, but that's not something I can realistically do for prolonged periods. I've begged to God to eliminate this desire if he's not going to fulfill it, to no avail.

In the past I've even researched having myself castrated, but even that supposedly isn't 100% guaranteed to remove all desires for the opposite sex. Apparently it is currently beyond medical science to eliminate the basic need for human companionship and wanting a mate.

Friends have told me I seem more likely to own a Lamborghini before I get a girlfriend. I don't really doubt it either, because the path to being a millionaire seems clearer, better defined, and easier than the path to attaining female affection.

Every day has become like walking into a den of lions now, and I don't feel God there with me. Like I said, it's not the rejection, but the circumstances it has now resulted me in being.

Yikes man, castration..?:eek:

Forget what your friends say, I have seen some of the dorkiest guys get a woman, don't get discouraged, it just isn't your time yet. And you can't compare being without a woman to being in a den of Lions, come on now..

Again, you have to be totally content, even without having a woman, even not being content without a woman is not enough, bottomline is you have to show Strength, women are not attracted to weakness.

Upvote 0

Yelsemnos

Feb 21, 2008
Virginia, USA
✟15,231.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Yikes man, castration..?:eek:

Forget what your friends say, I have seen some of the dorkiest guys get a woman, don't get discouraged, it just isn't your time yet. And you can't compare being without a woman to being in a den of Lions, come on now..

Again, you have to be totally content, even without having a woman, even not being content without a woman is not enough, bottomline is you have to show Strength, women are not attracted to weakness.

Being needy for a woman, any woman, from what I have learned in my little experience with women and with talking with men about women is a huge turn off. I don't think people want to be needed. They want to be desired, men and women.

The need for companionship and wanting a mate...

Friends! Friends offer companionship. Good friends, worthy of true companionship, that are close enough to call family are hard to find.

Upvote 0
Jun 8, 2008
✟15,135.00
Faith
Christian
I don't show any signs weakness, neediness, or discontent in public. I can be very stoic when necessary, so that is not the problem. Only when I stew in my solitude, in the company of a very few most trustworthy friends, and online, do I express any signs of frustration outwardly.

Friends are not a problem either. But there's something different about friends, and a girlfriend. No, I'm not referring to anything sexual at all either.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟381,079.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Praying for the signs and interpreting what seemed to be fulfilled signs as such is where you went wrong. It is very easy to blame God for not coming through on something He never promised to you. But He doesn't deserve that. He never wronged you. You set yourself up for a lie, and you bought it hook, line, and sinker. That lie is that she was the one for you, and God was going to deliver her on a silver platter. The truth is that God loves you and isn't doing this or allowing this for entertainment.

Upvote 0

silentpoet

Contributor
Jun 1, 2004
Arkansas
✟23,457.00
Faith
Nazarene
Politics
US-Others
This is one of those times when I wish I could say God is faithful in this area, but I have yet to see proof myself. What I do is just keep plugging ahead.

There are lots of things we could read wrong in signs. But I do know the feeling of being what seems some sort of cosmic joke. That is why I have trouble trusting God. But even though I can feel nearly no trust for God, I place my trust and heart in His hands. I have seen nothing good come of it yet and I feel like a fool when I deny myself. But I keep choosing the Godly path for my actions.

My brother we are not that different. I hope you know you are not alone in your struggles.

PS to any MOD who reads this, there was yet another gay dating site ad on page 2 of this thread. Is this problem ever going to be fixed? Because it keeps happening.

Upvote 0

Yelsemnos

Feb 21, 2008
Virginia, USA
✟15,231.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
But you can't hide the fact that you are needy for want of the attention from a woman, you just can't hide something like that. It manifests itself in your body language, and emotions.

This is kind of a catch-22. You should want the attention of a women. I mean, who wouldn't? Man was not meant to be alone. I think there is a fine balance between desiring not to be alone and being desperate not to be alone.

Upvote 0

Tamara224

Jan 13, 2006
Wyoming
✟40,734.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
That all aside, why did God have to make this rejection result happen in a way that is not only excruciatingly painful, but also something I have to constantly live with in the foreseeable future?

Why did God promise Abraham a son then wait a looong time before giving him the son and THEN tell Abraham to sacrifice his son?

Why did God lead the Israelites to the very doorstep of a land flowing with milk and honey and then deny them entrance for 40 years?

Why did God allow Satan to do what he did to Job?

We can't see what God has in store for us down the road. We can only choose to trust Him now and be faithfull to Him now.

Don't let your hurt feelings and hurt pride get in the way of what God has planned for you.

I'm sorry that you're in a tough place. It sounds like you got pretty hurt. Hold on to Jesus. Things will get better.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GQ Chris

Jan 17, 2005
Golden State
✟45,842.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
I've decided to give up. Sorry everyone, but I think for once in my life, I have to come to the stark conclusion that there is no one that I can really depend on except for myself.

Quitters never win man.. you won't be able to attract a gal with a defeatist attitude like that.

Upvote 0

GQ Chris

Jan 17, 2005
Golden State
✟45,842.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
You misunderstand. I am giving up on God. I am taking matters into my own hands.

Please come back and tell us how that goes, so we can all learn from your experiences (without the hard way).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MastersGirl

Oct 25, 2004
Canada
✟7,668.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
What does taking matters into your own hands mean? I will be praying for you my friend!

I think that this is more a God issue than a girl issue... you need to come to the point where you would believe in God no matter what happens.. not only if you are happy at that moment. He doesn't have to work by our agenda or our demands... but he is just and he is faithful and he is good!

We all are here to support you. Talk us through this... why do you feel he has let you down?

Upvote 0

silentpoet

Contributor
Jun 1, 2004
Arkansas
✟23,457.00
Faith
Nazarene
Politics
US-Others
I am not far from where you are my brother. I will pray that God blesses you in a gentle way.

I know the feeling of being ready to give up on God. You are not alone in your pain and struggles. Life is very hard sometimes and comfort so rare an experience. But I pray you know some comfort soon.

Upvote 0

Labayu

Dec 6, 2002
Visit site
✟15,538.00
Faith
Christian
You misunderstand. I am giving up on God. I am taking matters into my own hands.

Maybe God wants you to "take matters into [your] own hands"? Maybe he wants you to do something really weird like ask a girl out and if it doesn't work out get over it and ask another out? Maybe you were using "waiting for God's timing" as an excuse for not doing anything? What did you expect that he'd say: "that one", you would say "hi", no wait SHE would come up and say "hi" and be obviously and madley in love with you?

I'm a 27 year old male, and have had an extremely poor history with women. I've never had a girlfriend, never been on a single date, and never have had any female express any kind of interest in me. Needless to say, I've never held hands with a girl, never kissed,
Dude, you sound just like the kinda guy that doesn't need God's help. I bet you would have been The Man if that God loser hadn't been holding you down

Where is the rolling eyes icon when you need one?

Upvote 0