IDDQD

Nov 2, 2005
✟3,613.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Hello everyone,

First post here, though alas it is a rant.

For a very quick background on myself, I'm a 27 year old male, and have had an extremely poor history with women. I've never had a girlfriend, never been on a single date, and never have had any female express any kind of interest in me. Needless to say, I've never held hands with a girl, never kissed, I'm a virgin, and so on and so forth.

At one point, I subscribed to the belief that my time would eventually come. As the years pass, it becomes increasingly difficult to keep that mindset though.

Anyways, fast forward to where I am now. I liked a girl. It didn't turn out well. That much I can accept. Unfortunately, the final result was circumstances that makes life incredibly difficult for me. I won't go into details, but suffice it to say I'm now faced with a situation where I'm constantly reminded of my lackings, my failures, and there's no way I can avoid it.

During the period I started getting interested in her, and had the guts to do something about it, I prayed. Honestly, I don't think I've ever prayed harder for anything before in my life.

Furthermore, I prayed for signs, or "benchmarks". Maybe that was arrogant of me. But regardless, God actually did deliver a series of benchmarks. At the time, I thought getting one was a coincidence, two was a miracle, and everything that happened afterwards was a sign that God was going to help me see this through to a successful finish.

I ended up crashing and burning. I am questioning where I went wrong now. I feel like the victim of a cruel joke, and God is one of the players.

I am also questioning if I should bother praying about anything at all, since they never seem to go answered. This isn't the first/only instance, though it certainly is the most intense one.

That's not to say I don't believe in God. I do. I am leaning more towards seeing him as cold and impersonal though. The Deist philosophy is increasingly becoming more realistic to me.

I've waited 27 years, and at this rate, it might be 30, or 40 (insert 40 Year Old Virgin Joke here). Why is it that something 99% of the planet takes for granted, is so out of reach for me?

Honestly, right now it feels like God is some huge monkey on my shoulder that is more of a liability than an asset. I'm tempted to just go "Screw it Lord, I leaned on you, and nothing ever came out of it. I'm just going to live life my way since you're not helping."

That all aside, why did God have to make this rejection result happen in a way that is not only excruciatingly painful, but also something I have to constantly live with in the foreseeable future?

Rant mode off (for now).

While I don't see God as bitter and indifferent, I do understand where you're coming from. I'm 26 and a Deist, as well. It may sound odd, but I think God would want you to say such things. He knows you're dealing with some pretty hard, difficult things. I believe He'd expect us to say/shout/scream "I hate you God" or "[Bad word that rhymes with truck] off God" because I believe even He knows that at times we think He has a hand in our bad times. I don't believe that He'll hold it against us to be mad with Him because he knows we're imperfect and unable to completely understand why bad things happen to us.

I wouldn't just completely give up on Him. However, I can only suggest this. It sounds like you've already made your decision, though. I hope one day you'll come back to Him, though. ):

Upvote 0

Divinah

Jul 11, 2006
Bakersfield, Ca.
Visit site
✟16,342.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
While it IS good to lift all things to God...good and bad...I wouldn't go to the extent of blashphemy.

But yes, lift your frustrations and discouragement, anger and hopelessness. Lift your resentment and say "I CAN'T do this"...and HE will deliver. Just when it seems we've done all that to no end, HE will.

I think we live in a day where Perseverance through difficulties is so easy to forget and so important to remember...

Perseverance is a sweet offering to the Lord and he does honor it.

Upvote 0

MindOfChrist2008

Jun 14, 2008
Standing On Holy Ground
✟15,160.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Well, man, I'm right where you're at, except for the fact that I've had some experience with women, but it has been about 5 years.

We all are destined to find that special someone, because the Lord created Eve for that specific reason of union. Take a step back and evaluate your life and what might hinder God's blessings in your life. Just recently I've discovered that I've been leaning too much on what I wanted, placing my dependency on my will, instead of the Lord's. It maybe that it is best for you not to have a woman, because if you may or may not be spiritually strong enough to handle a relationship at this time. Remember, we are living in perilous times with the beginning of sorrows around the corner. God is calling all of us to focus soley on Him, because we will need it when the hour of temptation that tries the whole earth comes to pass. What's that have to do with anything? What if you found the girl of your dreams and she happened to be atheist... she wasn't the one God had picked out for you, but you found love. What if she was willing to accept the beast system? Are you strong enough in your faith to walk away and truly not love your life unto the death? This is where we all need to be in Christ.

Upvote 0

GQ Chris

ooey gooey is for brownies, not Bible teachers
Jan 17, 2005
Golden State
✟45,842.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
I think that we should take things Slow, as in work your way up.. get the smaller things accomplished and then work on the bigger more serious things like marriage later on.

I mean to take everything on at one time is just too overwhelming. So work on getting that first kiss from a girl first.

Upvote 0