• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Featured From Daniel To Revelation

Discussion in 'Eschatology - Endtimes & Prophecy Forum' started by A71, Jan 15, 2018.

1. Original Happy Camper

Original Happy Camper One of GODS Children I am a historicist Supporter

+860
    United States
    SDA
    Married
    I will check them out.

Please answer the second question posed to you.

How is a cashless society JFK's mark?

2. Original Happy Camper

+860
    United States
    SDA
    Married
    Speculation statements
    "That then makes a kind of final week,"
    "Oh! I've just realized why perhaps"
    "This I presume will be a Levitical week in Jerusalem"
    "Perhaps the Temple will be rebuilt"

Jesuit Teaching

Jesuit Futurism

"The Catholic Counter Reformation - Futurism The Jesuits were commissioned by the Pope to develop a new interpretation of Scripture that would counteract the Protestant application of the Bible's prophecies regarding the Antichrist to the Roman Catholic Church. All the reformers' studies pointed the finger directly at the ..."

Jesuit Futurism

3. Original Happy Camper

+860
    United States
    SDA
    Married
    Yes it is incorrect based on Jesuit teaching which you follow.

4. mark kennedy

mark kennedy Natura non facit saltum Supporter

+7,249
    Calvinist
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Because protestants believed the antichrist was the pope, that's what you got, a quote out of context?

5. A71

A71 Well-Known Member

+261
    Christian
    Single
    Why are you fabricating things?
    And why are you posting pointless links?

6. mark kennedy

+7,249
    Calvinist
    Single
    US-Democrat
    What on earth do Jesuits have to do with this?

7. Original Happy Camper

+860
    United States
    SDA
    Married
    So did John Calvin and many other reformers. They were called protesters of the RCC they are now called Protestants.

IMHO if people on this site are following Jesuit teaching they need to change the faith section below their avatar to Roman Catholic.

Jesuit Futurism

8. Original Happy Camper

+860
    United States
    SDA
    Married
    Original post I responded to put the last week of the 70 week prophecy in the future, that is Jesuit teaching.
    Jesuit Futurism

9. A71

A71 Well-Known Member

+261
    Christian
    Single
    You are not making any sense. i've been quite explicit that Daniel's 70th week has completed, so you really need to read more attentively.
    speculative? No. I am not gambling. More suggestions at this point. What I have said is along the lines of:
    'It is possible that..."
    The evidence is there.

10. A71

A71 Well-Known Member

+261
    Christian
    Single
    Lol. I do not know. Ask the camper guy

11. mark kennedy

+7,249
    Calvinist
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Exactly

12. Original Happy Camper

+860
    United States
    SDA
    Married
    "Perhaps the Temple will be rebuilt"

is this statement for a future temple?

13. Original Happy Camper

+860
    United States
    SDA
    Married
    I reread your original post and I was confused by your mirror image statement. Asking for forgiveness on 70 week prophecy

Your above statement on the temple is a futuristic statement and I stand by my Jesuit comments as you appear to be propagating futuristic theology.

14. A71

A71 Well-Known Member

+261
    Christian
    Single
    Of course OHC....kind of thing I do frequently

15. A71

A71 Well-Known Member

+261
    Christian
    Single
    um, why Jesuitical?

Jesus is quite clear that the Levitical order will be rekindled in Jerusalem. This is the fig tree with leaves he refers to.
    The Levitical Order requires sacrices and a Temple.
    Imputed also in the Temple Prophecy is that it will be rebuilt

16. Douggg

Douggg anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist

+1,718
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Whether it is or not a Jesuit teaching, I don't know. But what I do know is that it is not an exclusively Jesuit teaching.

17. Original Happy Camper

+860
    United States
    SDA
    Married
    "it is not an exclusively Jesuit teaching." You correct as Most protestant churches today teach it.

FUTURISM

Francisco Ribera (1537-1591) was a Jesuit doctor of theology, born in Spain, who began writing a lengthy commentary in 1585 on the book of Revelation (Apocalypse) titled In Sacrum Beati Ioannis Apostoli, & Evangelistiae Apocalypsin Commentarij, and published it about the year 1590. He died in 1591 at the age of fifty-four, so he was not able to expand on his work or write any other commentaries on Revelation. In order to remove the Catholic Church from consideration as the antichrist power, Ribera proposed that the first few chapters of the Apocalypse applied to ancient pagan Rome, and the rest he limited to a yet future period of 3 1/2 literal years, immediately prior to the second coming. During that time, the Roman Catholic Church would have fallen away from the pope into apostasy. Then, he proposed, the antichrist, a single individual, would:

• Persecute and blaspheme the saints of God.
    • Rebuild the temple in Jerusalem.
    • Abolish the Christian religion.
    • Deny Jesus Christ.
    • Be received by the Jews.
    • Pretend to be God.
    • Kill the two witnesses of God.
    • Conquer the world.
    • So, according to Ribera, the 1260 days and 42 months and 3 1/2 times of prophecy were not 1260 years, but a literal 3 1/2 years, and therefore none of the book of Revelation had any application to the middle ages or the papacy, but to the future, to a period immediately prior to the second coming, hence the name Futurism. A 1591 edition, 1593 edition, and a 1603 edition of his commentary are now online.

18. A71

A71 Well-Known Member

+261
    Christian
    Single
    Ok, that is the potted version of Futurism. Now please tell me why you are applying the above to me? It's most odd

19. iamlamad

iamlamad Lamad

+561
    United States
    Word of Faith
    Married
    Agreed! How would anyone know that the 42 months, the 1260 days, the time, times and half of time in Revelation is ONE HALF of a week of years, unless we knew there was to come a whole week?

20. iamlamad

iamlamad Lamad

+561
    United States
    Word of Faith
    Married
    Hmmm. It is possible that I disagree on your take that the 70th week has completed!