USA
✟36,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I've been having some weird dreams for awhile now. I'm not exactly sure what to do about them, but I feel that they are demonic in nature.

The dreams are usually like this: it is a dream of myself, lying in bed, and I am paralyzed. In the dream, I seem to know that the paralysis is caused by demons because I am rebuking them in Jesus' name. But in the dream, I can't speak and I am mentally having to rebuke them. My rebuking doesn't work in the dreams; I'm still paralyzed.

Then, I usually wake up. What's scary to me is that I am usually lying in my bed in the same position as I was paralyzed in the dream (ALWAYS on my back!). I tend to be very scared when I wake up from these dreams. I usually ask for God to protect me and go back to sleep. But it's really bothering me, because I didn't used to have these dreams in the past. It's just really unsettling.

What are your thoughts on the nature of these dreams? What do you think I should do that might prevent them from happening? I'd appreciate any thoughts.

• Prayers
Reactions: anna ~ grace

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟401,389.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
I've been having some weird dreams for awhile now. I'm not exactly sure what to do about them, but I feel that they are demonic in nature.

The dreams are usually like this: it is a dream of myself, lying in bed, and I am paralyzed. In the dream, I seem to know that the paralysis is caused by demons because I am rebuking them in Jesus' name. But in the dream, I can't speak and I am mentally having to rebuke them. My rebuking doesn't work in the dreams; I'm still paralyzed.

Then, I usually wake up. What's scary to me is that I am usually lying in my bed in the same position as I was paralyzed in the dream (ALWAYS on my back!). I tend to be very scared when I wake up from these dreams. I usually ask for God to protect me and go back to sleep. But it's really bothering me, because I didn't used to have these dreams in the past. It's just really unsettling.

What are your thoughts on the nature of these dreams? What do you think I should do that might prevent them from happening? I'd appreciate any thoughts.
Pray over your bed your sheets your blankets and your room before you go to bed. Maybe pick a verse like Mathew 4:10 and remember it to counter attack if or when it happens again. I did that when I used to have them and I would scare away whatever caused them. Maybe even get a night light temporarily and pray over that and have it on when you sleep until these dreams go away

Upvote 0

starryshadows

Feb 6, 2018
USA
✟36,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Pray over your bed your sheets your blankets and your room before you go to bed. Maybe pick a verse like Mathew 4:10 and remember it to counter attack if or when it happens again. I did that when I used to have them and I would scare away whatever caused them. Maybe even get a night light temporarily and pray over that and have it on when you sleep until these dreams go away
Thank you, good advice.

Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟777,145.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Sounds to me that you may be experiencing sleep paralysis. It's caused by parts of rapid eye movement (REM) sleep still occurring while you are awake, or transitioning from being asleep to being awake. There can be many causes for this, such as not getting enough sleep, irregular sleeping patterns, sleeping on your back, etc. There's nothing to be frightened of, it won't cause you any harm.

See your doctor if it persists or bothers you.

Upvote 0

devin553344

I believe in the Resurrection
Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

I had lucid dreams of the same nature. Which is I was a dream pilot and commanded my dreams with my will. You just have to follow Christ and let him lead you. It will go away.

Reactions: starryshadows
Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It sounds like sleep paralysis is the most likely issue at hand. Our son is often paralysed even after he wakes up. He hates it but learned to live with it.

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,788.00
Faith
Non-Denom

Hard to say but I think everyone has some time of their life have had this very experience. I have but not very often and very rarely. Dreams of other types I do think people need to watch what they allow in the minds when watching entertainment. If one watches before bedtime horrific things of being chased many times that'll come into a dream. Being in strife also can effect your peace when going to sleep and not so good dreams can come from that. Good to seek to be a kind loving person as much as possible for I think it does effect your sleep.

Upvote 0

Dan1988

Site Supporter
Jul 8, 2018
Sydney
✟204,276.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private

I used to suffer similar nightmares for about 2 years. It started with scary dreams, then it escalated to a physical attack when a Demon manifested itself onto into a physical entity.

It pinned me down on my bed and I felt it's claws under my ribs as if it was trying to rip my heart out.

I was paralyzed but somehow managed catch half a breath and called out to Jesus and the thing got off me and huffed and puffed away. I saw it's hideous face clearly while it was on top of me, then it's whole body as it ran off.

My wife was sleeping with our newborn baby in a another room, so I went to check on them and they were fine. I went back to the room, prayed.

I remembered a sermon I heard on Demonic oppression, where the speaker stresses the importance of praying in an audible voice. Demons can't hear your prayers if you don't speak in a voice that can be heard.

I commanded the evil spirits, by the power of the blood of Christ to leave my house, then I asked Christ to come into my heart and be the Lord of my life. I prayed in a voice that could be heard so the Demons could hear it.

Then I felt an amazing peace come over me and I have never been the same since. The nightmares and attacks stopped from that moment on.

The Bible tells us that the powers of darkness will do all they can to attack and oppress or even kill a person who they think is going to become a Christian. They don't attack non believers, because they already have them where they want them.

Looking back I remember making a profession of faith in Christ, before the oppression started but it wasn't a full commitment. I didn't fully submit to the Lordship of Christ, so I believe the enemy knew that and used it as an opportunity to try to destroy me.

It sounds like you're going through a similar trial, so I would encourage you to fully surrender your whole life to the Lord. If you surrender 99.9%, the enemy will use that small opening as a foothold in your life and build on it.

I was deceived by the world, into thinking that life would be boring or burdensome if I gave my whole life to the Lord. But the truth is the exact opposite, there's nothing like having freedom and security in Christ.

Satan and His Demons are very powerful, so we are no match for them but they have no power against you if you're indwelt by the Holy Spirit.

I'll pray for you and I hope you also ask the Lord to give you the faith to trust Him with everything. He has an infinitely better life for you than you could ever imagine, so I hope you can put all your trust in Him and don't hold anything back as He is most worthy.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TheDaniël

Oct 19, 2018
Kampen
✟18,148.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Private
Image of Sleep Paralysis

Attachments

• 220px-St._Francis_Borgia_Helping_a_Dying_Impenitent_by_Goya.jpg
    220px-St._Francis_Borgia_Helping_a_Dying_Impenitent_by_Goya.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 5
Upvote 0

Romans 8

Site Supporter
Feb 16, 2019
Canada
✟137,253.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I used to suffer similar nightmares for about 2 years. It started with scary dreams, then it escalated to a physical attack when a Demon manifested itself onto into a physical entity.

It pinned me down on my bed and I felt it's claws under my ribs as if it was trying to rip my heart out.

I was paralyzed but somehow managed catch half a breath and called out to Jesus and the thing got off me and huffed and puffed away. I saw it's hideous face clearly while it was on top of me, then it's whole body as it ran off.

I've read about this in my research on spiritual warfare. Dreams of this kind are definitely demonic. I've never read of them becoming manifest like this, what a crazy experience! Thanks for sharing!

Upvote 0

Romans 8

Site Supporter
Feb 16, 2019
Canada
✟137,253.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

How are you doing? Are you still having these nightmares? God Bless!

Upvote 0

Dan1988

Site Supporter
Jul 8, 2018
Sydney
✟204,276.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
I've read about this in my research on spiritual warfare. Dreams of this kind are definitely demonic. I've never read of them becoming manifest like this, what a crazy experience! Thanks for sharing!
Our pastor has dealt with many people who has similar experiences.

He told me there's usually 3 reasons why people have these experiences.

1. Their relatives or ancestors were involved with the occult, so the grandmother may have practiced witchcraft and black magic.

2. They may have charged objects in their house, usually objects which were used by someone to summon Demonic spirits.

3. They used a Spirit board, also known as Ouija board or Widge board.

He has performed many house cleansing's, during his 30 odd years as a pastor. He's surprised at how many other pastors, refuse to get involved in helping people with this problem.

Most of those who experience these thins keep quite abut it, because they don't wan't to be seen as insane by their friends.

• Informative
Reactions: yeshai
Upvote 0

Romans 8

Site Supporter
Feb 16, 2019
Canada
✟137,253.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Our pastor has dealt with many people who has similar experiences.

He told me there's usually 3 reasons why people have these experiences.

1. Their relatives or ancestors were involved with the occult, so the grandmother may have practiced witchcraft and black magic.

2. They may have charged objects in their house, usually objects which were used by someone to summon Demonic spirits.

3. They used a Spirit board, also known as Ouija board or Widge board.

He has performed many house cleansing's, during his 30 odd years as a pastor. He's surprised at how many other pastors, refuse to get involved in helping people with this problem.

Most of those who experience these thins keep quite abut it, because they don't wan't to be seen as insane by their friends.

There are some really great pastors in Australia, and New Zealand. You're right about many Christians and Pastors being under educated on spiritual warfare. I think a lot of disinterest has been generated in response to hollywood movies on the subject, as well as fake healers and deliverers, especially those with a counterfeit "Holy Spirit".

I've gone through spiritual warfare lists of repentance and I repented for everything just in case. We have no idea what our family has done before us, and I think a curse can last 5 or 6 generations or more.

I made a comment in about another thread about an ankh which was on the occult list. This of course was met with ridicule by many in the thread. I have been attempting to bring these matter to people's attention in the forums but sadly many do not even believe in the gifts or don't think a Christian can be demonized or oppressed because "Jesus defeated Satan on the cross". Well yes Jesus did, but we can still break His laws and therefore attract these things. Someone was speaking about his favorite Tarot cards in the other thread. People treat the occult as if it's a harmless game.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

starryshadows

Feb 6, 2018
USA
✟36,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
How are you doing? Are you still having these nightmares? God Bless!
Hi Romans 8, thanks for asking! I've actually not had any of these dreams since I posted. I pray every day before bed for protection and I also usually listen to/sing praise music before I sleep and always read my Bible before sleep. Hopefully these dreams won't come back. :)

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟777,861.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
MOD HAT ON

Please note, this thread has been moved to a more appropriate forum. Please read forum Statement of Purposes before making threads, as there may be a more appropriate place to make your post/thread.

MOT HAT OFF

Upvote 0