• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Friends of yours watch Heaven Is For Real and ask you about it?

Discussion in 'Controversial Christian Theology' started by DennisTate, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Yes

10 vote(s)
    47.6%
  2. No

9 vote(s)
    42.9%
  3. I am not sure but I am looking into this.

2 vote(s)
    9.5%
  1. Divide

Divide Well-Known Member

+688
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Sure, why not? They can probably appear as, whatever the situation calls for.

Remember the talking ass in scripture? Maybe!

2. DennisTate

DennisTate Newbie Supporter

+698
    Canada
    Messianic
    Married
    CA-Conservatives

Yes....... I agree that our imaginations can be guided by Messiah Yeshua - Jesus so that
    we do our part in bringing in a world that is shockingly better than most of us would
    consider even possible.

I am hopeful that the Bride of Messiah the Holy Spirit led church can come together and
    realize that as a group we have the power to, in a sense, FINANCE the type of economy that
    Howard Storm, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel and the minor prophets were shown.

Reverend Howard Storm's Near-Death Experience

North American churches should each have their own currency!

3. Divide

Divide Well-Known Member

+688
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Scripture warns us against (misuse) of the imagination too. That God hates vain imaginations (Proverbs 6:18). and that men's hearts which devise wicked imaginations...and so forth.

What I think is, anyone can have a...bad thought. This is not sin to us. It is what we do with the thought that makes the difference. If we (accept it) receive it and dwell on it...then, WHOOSH, it goes down into our heart and becomes (sin) a part of us, who we are.

We are to take these thoughts captive to the Lord and cast them out and down. Then it was not sin. Perhaps more often than not, it isn't the enemy whispering to us, but our own wicked and deceitful heart?

We have seen the enemy, and he is US! (Pogo, lol)

I pray for a sanctified imagination. Eh? :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. DennisTate

+698
    Canada
    Messianic
    Married
    CA-Conservatives
    Thank you for researching this topic.......
    I am on a very different page, I believe that sticking only to the Jewish and Christian Bible is a bit like a coloring book....... with no color..... .but by adding modern accounts like that of Colton Burpo we can cause the Bible to come to life for a huge percentage of the population who will not begin to live by the Bible until somebody's testimony surprises and jolts them.

Exodus 23:19

"The first of the firstfruits of thy land thou shalt bring into the house of the LORD thy God. Thou shalt not seethe a kid in his mother's milk."

The mother in this case = the church or synagogue.
    A kid is a baby goat.
    Perhaps young children of church members who have a sheep mentality will go along with overly tough judgments by a church or synagogue...... but being too tough will chase young goats away rather quickly...... .and goats are a necessary part of the flock. Here in Nova Scotia, Canada there is a plant named lamb kill. It kills lambs......... goats love eating lamb kill which indirectly saves the lives of the young sheep.

5. DennisTate

+698
    Canada
    Messianic
    Married
    CA-Conservatives
    I just noticed this article from a newspaper in England about the film and NDE.

Story of four-year-old's near-death experience transfixes America

Story of four-year-old’s near-death experience transfixes America

6. Divide

Divide Well-Known Member

+688
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    That is kewl! I've never been fond of Johnny Depp. I haven't watched any of his movies except scissor hands. Long ago. He seems creepy.

7. DennisTate

+698
    Canada
    Messianic
    Married
    CA-Conservatives
    This other testimony that is more scary than Colton's......
    also impresses me as being completely sincere.

8. Divide

Divide Well-Known Member

+688
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    That was powerful Brother!

9. DennisTate

+698
    Canada
    Messianic
    Married
    CA-Conservatives
    That really was! That young woman is now on fire for God and will reach many many non-Christians with the honesty and zeal and power of her message.

I also really like the fact that she states that she met her deceased dogs in heaven, confirming what Colton Burpo had said.

I even began a discussion with a link to this video.

Powerful interview to stop kids from trying drugs.

10. Divide

Divide Well-Known Member

+688
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    She sure will.
    I have heard the same thing from a few other testimonies that I've listened to, that our beloved pets will all be waiting for us in heaven. That's super cool I think! But that is just how cool our God is! That doesn't really surprise me though, because...that's how our God rolls!

11. DennisTate

+698
    Canada
    Messianic
    Married
    CA-Conservatives
    I believe that God is out to bring all his enemies back to Him,
    (eventually), this testimony is surprising but fits with Matthew chapter 4.

12. DennisTate

+698
    Canada
    Messianic
    Married
    CA-Conservatives
    I am now listening to this other interview again..........
    Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. Divide

Divide Well-Known Member

+688
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    I never get tired of watching this young man's testimony because I know it is real and truth. Awesome experience that he had.

Nobody can beat down Colton with doctrine, lol. The man with the experience trumps the man with doctrine every time. :)

I'd like to have a supernatural experience too, but I don't care if it happens or not. Because blessed are those who have not seen, yet believed. :)

14. RaymondG

RaymondG Well-Known Member

+1,315
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    What makes you so sure of the universal truth of his account? Should be just believe that which sounds right?

15. Divide

Divide Well-Known Member

+688
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    This is something that God chose to reveal to me that it is in fact the truth. I don't know why God did this for me. I appreciate that He did. I can't prove it, so you can believe if you want to, or not if you don't want to. The only point I was making is that I do know it's true and...that makes it highly interesting to me, lol. :)

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  16. RaymondG

+1,315
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    You also said that you had no supernatural experiences.......so how is it that you say God reveal it to you?

By the way, I have no problem with you believing anything you like.....or the testimony of the child.
    I do, however, feel that what God reveals to me is not necessarily true for others......therefore I would not share a revelation and tell everyone they must receive it as truth.....since many would interpret it in different ways.

17. Divide

Divide Well-Known Member

+688
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Lol! Good catch brother! I guess it was a supernatural experience. But I don't really count that as a supernatural experience. I didn't get to go anywhere, I didn't get to see anything...so, I don't hold it to be a supernatural experience. I also wasn't telling everyone that they have to receive my words as the truth. I can only claim that if you give me your credit card number and donate to me...Lol, just kidding.

But if God revealed to me that it was a true testimony, then why wouldn't it be truth for others? It's just as true to you as it is to me. I'm merely a guy who said, whoa I found out that's true. Now people can take that for what they will. Call me a liar, or call me truthful. I'm not selling anything, asking for any donations or anything. I don't even have a ministry that you could give too if you wanted to. I have no reason to lie about it, but I am ok with it if you do or if you don't believe me.

It could be true. Colton says it's true. I also say it's true. I don't know Colton or his family. So either way, it's cool. Something to think about if it is true. That would mean...so much more.

18. RaymondG

+1,315
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    The story of Heaven in the sky is widely available.....and easily believable. So you will find many takers. For those who are without all things are done in parable....but to those who are within are given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven.

God reveals what he wants to who he wants......he knows our inner makeups and beliefs and desires, and uses these things to reveal truth to us. If I paint a tree from the north and you the south, we would have different picture yet both claim "my picture is correct and yours incorrect" yet which one of us would have the true drawing?

It would be sad to claim I have the full truth, while leaving 3/4th of the tree un-drawn and unseen.

19. DennisTate

+698
    Canada
    Messianic
    Married
    CA-Conservatives
    Back around 1988 I began to strongly suspect that I might just be terribly ignorant of what God was really doing..........

... so I prayed and asked for wisdom with chutzpah.... and even some anger........

... I literally raised my right hand in the air.... quoted Isaiah 45:1 with some jealousy........
    because if YHWH and/ or Messiah Yeshua - Jesus in His prehuman form.... would take a Gentile king by the right hand,........
    then why not me............

... and after praying with chutzpah to be given wisdom....... I was then shown how virtually every doctrine that I believed so firmly in...... I had significantly misunderstood..... (not one hundred percent, but significantly misunderstood).

If somebody never prays with real chutzpah.... it is almost impossible to tell them how God shows you things over a number of weeks, months and years.... with such power that you know that you know that you know that God showed you many things.... .even though it was in a very different form than the visionary dream of heaven that Pastor Rick Joyner was given.......
    that I also believe was recounted as accurately as Pastor Rick could do.

20. Jason0047

Jason0047 Agent for Christ Supporter

+2,384
    Non-Denom
    Married
    So are we goiing to add Heaven is for Real book as the 67th book to the Bible?

I don't think so. It is contradictory of Scripture in many places.