Florida Roll call

Status
Not open for further replies.

cici42066

Aug 4, 2004
✟128.00
Faith
Methodist
Hi Charlie I just joined the forum. I have lived in Ft. Myers for 17 years.
My name is Cindy and I am a 38 yr old hairdresser.

I have a niece that I help raise. I try to keep her on the straight and narrow. She takes a lot of my time.

I am involved at church and one day I hope to go on a missions trip to India.
I am a big sports fan but all my favorite teams are from Ohio where I am originally from.

I hope to hear from you. Cindy

Upvote 0

LionOfJudah

Seeking after God's heart
Feb 2, 2004
Joplin Mo
Visit site
✟535.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Welcome to the forums Cindy, Fort Myers, even though it may not have the night life or miami or Orlando/tampa, it has become my home and a place i truely love (except during winter too many snow birds ;) all in favor of putting them in season this year say I ^_^ ).

Hair dresser, do you do hair cuts too? i have yet to find a good one here. What church do you go to i see you choose methodist as your icon.

All in all glad to have another person from Florida, where america comes to die...er i mean sunshine state :)

Upvote 0

cici42066

Aug 4, 2004
✟128.00
Faith
Methodist
Hey Charlie, Trust me I experienced the night life in Miami, Orlando, Tampa along with many more major cities. I am much happier now sitting at the computer.

Seasons are brutal here with all the snowbirds. Yes, I cut hair and I have to deal with some of those little old ladies during season. I work at a salon on College Parkway called Special fx.

It's nice when they all go home but then it gets way to hot. I am over all the heat and rain that we have been getting.

I go to Grace United Methodist on Hancock Bridge Parkway. I think it is a great church. The people are very caring. Jorge the pastor is big into mission trips.
I would love to go to India in 2006. I would love to go sooner but I have a 14 year old niece I take care of and I want to pay off some bills.

How long have you been in Flordia? You said you haven't got a good haircut yet.

Take care, Cindy

Upvote 0

LionOfJudah

Feb 2, 2004
Joplin Mo
Visit site
✟535.00
Faith
Non-Denom
i have been in FL for about 8 yrs, i am an army brat i miss moving around and seeing the world but at the sametime i do enjoy south fl here. far enough to avoid all the junk from Orlando/tampa/miami but close enough to go for a day or 2.

i just recent had my hair cut, but i have never found the stylist/person i enjoy going to, usually when i go its more of a chore instead of something i should enjoy. (just my oppion).

Oh yeah i too enjoy the night life of Fort myers, i was just at south beach on saturday and it depressed me a little to see my fellow co-workers and all the youth there.

Grace on Hancock is a nice church, has a good building, havent gone to it personally.

India in 06 cool, i am just focused on doing school and ministering to those at home. Call me wierd but i think we need to fix some of our problems at home before we try to fix the world just me though. i know some people are called to missions, i know i am called to preach and teach, God has His own perfect plan, so in the end its all good :)

Upvote 0

cici420

Jul 17, 2004
✟113.00
Faith
Methodist
Charlie, I think it is cool to solve the problems here too. There are so many hurting kids in this area. I have it in own family with my niece. Kids just need do much attention and I think parents are often selfish.

What church do you go to? Do you preach at your church? Grace is building a place for the young kids to hang out. There are many places around here except the mall and the movies. I had to rescue my niece from the Gothic Bell Tower crowd.

Upvote 0

LionOfJudah

Feb 2, 2004
Joplin Mo
Visit site
✟535.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I go to two different churchs, i am a member at South Side Christian, but i serve mostly at First Christian Church of Cape coral. I teach there, at Southside i am looked at as the future preacher/youth minister who is just young and rash and has no idea what i am doing. awesome to hear what Grace is doing.

Upvote 0

straightedge

Mar 10, 2004
Davie, Florida
✟564.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Marzer said:
I live in Weston

Thats cool. My grandparents live in Weston also. They reside in Vista Meadows on Arvida and just south of I-75. I also go to Regency Park once in awhile to play roller hockey their. Its one of the quietest parks in Broward at night.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

nicodemus

Orthodox Christian
Nov 21, 2003
Florida
Visit site
✟9,414.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
SandyLou said:
:cool: SandyLou in beautiful Lakeland. :wave:

I'm thrilled - altho a bit shocked! - to see a few other natives here! Cool! We're an endangered species here any more. ^_^

I was starting to wonder if anybody was actually from Florida. Everybody I meet is from New York, Chicago, England or Scotland! :p

Upvote 0

HyperactiveJNB

Aug 12, 2004
Boca Raton, FL
✟171.00
Faith
Nazarene
Hey Gunner, How far are you willing to go? I used to go to an amazing church in Oldsmar, which is just north of clearwater, it is worth cheaking out. Its called the Rock Church it is a non denoninational church that was started in Virgina Beach and has spread all over the east coast. It is located on Tampa Rd (off of US 19) if you are interested let me know and I'll get you more details.
gunbak said:
I just moved down to the Clearwater/St Pete area and am looking for a church of Christ that is 'alive' and am having trouble finding that church. Any person have an idea of a church worth looking at?
Thank you,
Gunner

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

I_are_sceptical

Senior Veteran
May 21, 2004
✟19,271.00
Faith
Other Religion
Palatka44 said:
Just a prayer of protection while these storms pass. Be safe neighbors and rely on our God for safety. If any need help please do not hesitate to call.
Thank you very much. The same to you.

A few days ago we had seven inches of rain in one day, which has barely begun to evaporate. Now Charley is coming through with what the forecast calls "steady, drenching rain". :( I'll probably have to SWIM to work on Monday.

Upvote 0

john14v6

Truth Server
Jul 10, 2004
Florida
Visit site
✟2,417.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Palatka44 said:
Just a prayer of protection while these storms pass. Be safe neighbors and rely on our God for safety. If any need help please do not hesitate to call.
Amen to that....my parents have already evacuated and if Charley sticks to the projected path it will make landfall in my backyard. I am in Gainesville at the moment and bracing my house but I pray I'll have a home to visit this weekend in Madeira Beach

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.