✟9,414.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I_are_sceptical said:
I don't know where you are moving from, so I don't know what you would compare Orlando to. For me it's a huge place, very spread out. The local bus service only runs once an hour (Milwaukee and Chicago spoiled me).
I'm moving from Birmingham, a city I adore. While we don't have great public transportation, it is certainly way better than once an hour at a stop! :eek:

One thing I know I will miss is the hills and valleys. Orlando is so flat!

Many neighborhoods have only one road that leads to a main street. An inconvenient arrangement I think, but I guess it enhances neighborliness.
That does sound a bit inconvenient. Amazing how the moderns often don't plan as well as the ancients. I'm hoping to move somewhere I can walk to some stores, restaurants, etc. I love not having to use my car, but from the sounds of it, it sounds like everything requires a car down there.

Reactions: Lilli
Upvote 0

straightedge

Mar 10, 2004
Davie, Florida
✟564.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Palatka44 said:
International Drive and alot of tourist that were from other countries, not that that is a bad thing. I was just kidding btw. In the northern part of the state where I live we are still a little backwards. Haha.

Totally agree. I go up their once a year and tourist haven up their, but it sure beats living down here. Then again, I got to count my blessings :) .

Upvote 0

john14v6

Truth Server
Jul 10, 2004
Florida
Visit site
✟2,417.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Born and raised a floridian. I'm in Gainesville now for college, but home used to be in St. Petersburg (Madeira Beach). I'm used to traffic that consist of 60% tourists who have no idea where they are going and 40% locals that have a bad case of road rage because of the aforesaid tourists.

Upvote 0

Kokopelli

Stoic seeker of the truth
Dec 11, 2003
the arm pit of the world
✟16,447.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
john14v6 said:
Born and raised a floridian. I'm in Gainesville now for college, but home used to be in St. Petersburg (Madeira Beach). I'm used to traffic that consist of 60% tourists who have no idea where they are going and 40% locals that have a bad case of road rage because of the aforesaid tourists.

Sounds like Jacksonville. Except you have 70% of the drivers lacking all forms of intelligence and the remaining 30% are simply trying to avoid the aforesaid muttonheads. :D

Upvote 0

creemos

Apr 22, 2004
Miami, FL
Visit site
✟7,629.00
Faith
Christian
We live in the greatest mission field in the world... Miami, FL and only a few minutes from all the sex, nudity, club dancing, cocain and idolatry a man or woman would ever want! Hey, AAA of America just released its newest findings about our beloved Sin City: #1 city in the World for casual sex and #1 city in America for homosexual sex!

Imagine if Christians were to come to south Florida to evanglize instead of feeding this wicked city's apetite for carnality and perversion with their vacation money! Here is an idea... boycott south Florida unless our Lord tells you to come to preach the Gospel to the wicked!

Until then, do the rest of we missionary workers a favor and stop feeding the beast!

Only in America....

Upvote 0

I_are_sceptical

Senior Veteran
May 21, 2004
✟19,271.00
Faith
Other Religion
creemos said:
We live in the greatest mission field in the world... Miami, FL and only a few minutes from all the sex, nudity, club dancing, cocain and idolatry a man or woman would ever want! Hey, AAA of America just released its newest findings about our beloved Sin City: #1 city in the World for casual sex and #1 city in America for homosexual sex!

Imagine if Christians were to come to south Florida to evanglize instead of feeding this wicked city's apetite for carnality and perversion with their vacation money! Here is an idea... boycott south Florida unless our Lord tells you to come to preach the Gospel to the wicked!

Until then, do the rest of we missionary workers a favor and stop feeding the beast!

Only in America....
Aaaaaaaaaaa-MEN!!:clap:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

straightedge

Mar 10, 2004
Davie, Florida
✟564.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
creemos said:

Only in America....

You mean South Beach. I heard from a class mate at BCC, that you have to be 21 or older to go their. Hmm, I wonder why :confused: .

Upvote 0

LionOfJudah

Seeking after God's heart
Feb 2, 2004
Joplin Mo
Visit site
✟535.00
Faith
Non-Denom
dont know what you are all talking about maimi is not any worse than any other large city, like tampa or orlando.

i do go to south beach alot though to stay at the hotels down there for work ^_^, i am not partial to them or anything ;) i just enjoy the hotels, really comfortable, and really nice views of the beach.

Keep in mind IF you think miami is bad try going to London or Europe and see their club scene

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
LionOfJudah said:
dont know what you are all talking about maimi is not any worse than any other large city, like tampa or orlando.

i do go to south beach alot though to stay at the hotels down there for work ^_^, i am not partial to them or anything ;) i just enjoy the hotels, really comfortable, and really nice views of the beach.

Keep in mind IF you think miami is bad try going to London or Europe and see their club scene

Ever been to Amsterdam?;)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.