fishing

newlite

Watermelon and Sunsets. Proof GOD loves us!
Aug 16, 2004
Canada
✟10,321.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
why do there have to be so many stupid fishing laws? theres hundreds per province and then five different area, then broke up into fity other areas all with different laws. plus some water bodys have there own laws with possition limits of the 5 different fish you can catch there...

then you must buy a fishing lience and outdoors card. going to a different provence mean you need to buy new ones and remember all the new laws...

fishing is getting dumb now. give me a lake, a rod, and some peace and quiet. i never catch anything and always realse if i do...

anyone like fishing?

newlite

Aug 16, 2004
Canada
✟10,321.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
same. i always catch and release. the fish dont feel the hook in its mouth actually. as long as you know how to hold a fish you can put it back fine. (btw manitoba has the highest catch and realse count in canada (89%)). its so hard to put the poor minnow on the end of the hook though. (poor minnow) :(

Upvote 0

HunterJon

The trees of today, are the stumps of tomorrow
May 4, 2004
Thurmont, MD but currently at Virginia Tech
✟15,472.00
Faith
Protestant
I also enjoy fishing both in fresh and saltwater. I love to surf fish, that is fishing from the beach with long, heavy action rods, and large reels. I also enjoy eating fish and I do kill and eat what I catch on occasion.

Upvote 0

AlaskanDan

AlaskanDan
Apr 1, 2004
Anchorage, AK
✟7,796.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Mostly i catch and release for rainbow trout, but the only real fun rainbows to catch are the native ones, not the trout that are stocked into lakes and streams. When it comes to salmon fishing, that is food fishing! Anyways about the laws, they all exist for a reason, they are all there to regulate the amount of fish caught so there will still be enough to reproduce and make more little fish. If we had no laws governing them, it would be anarchy, and we would completely obliterate the populations of those specific fish, which would in turn destroy entire ecosystems.

When it comes to harvesting fish though, commercial fishermen are where the problems lay. I am all for commercial fishing, but to a point. I believe for salmon in alaska, every 5 years, the commercial fishing should cease for a season. This wouls allow for a more plentiful spawning population, and in 20 years, all the populations would be strong, and our laws could be a little more lenient. But i'm just a college student, what do i know?

Upvote 0

newlite

Aug 16, 2004
Canada
✟10,321.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
i love fishing. unfortunatly my family doesnt. i go fishing when i can but not very often. this weekend were going camping so i can fish. but in manitoba if your 16-55i think you need a fishing lience. this means if i can go fishing once next year, even if i catch and release (which i only do) i still need to buy the liences...i think this is dumb cuz i aint killing no fish and to fish once and spend that money would be wastfull...i might as well not go fishing.

as for laws i know there to keep ppl from over fishing. but getting a whole book of laws for every fish and area laws is just alot to remember...i like fishing. its the only 'sport' that you can sit around all day in the sun and do nothing, saying that you doing something. but its starting to get crazy...

just one thing ive noticed, its not ilegal to use barbed hooks in manitoba. then why do all fishing places and places you can buy equitment sell barbed hooks? great for ontario, but for manitoba you have to bend then all...why dont the sell barbless hooks?

and i just try to catch any fish. i dont care which kind or the size. a fish is a fish. catching one makes me happy...

Upvote 0

Matthan

Veteran
Aug 21, 2004
Upstate New York
✟2,689.00
Faith
Baptist
Newlite, you miss the point entirely. Your license money goes to support the fish and wildlife programs in the area where you buy it. that is a good thing, even if you only fish one time or for one day. And, since you only catch and release, you do not have to remember any laws at all, with one possible exception. That is if you are fishing in "special" waters where something, such as live bait (artificial lures only), is forbidden.

Fishing is a very special activity. I think God is an angler. I have heard, but cannot cite, that He does not deduct from our allotted time on earth those days we spent fishing.

Matthan

Reactions: newlite
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Individual-KesTrel

Individual
May 15, 2004
Ravenna Ohio, Earth
Visit site
✟1,190.00
Faith
Other Religion
In the State of Ohio. You have to pay a fishing licence fee to fish on the states/citys property.

I did some reasearch and understand that ohio stocks diffrent fish. Including things like hybrid bluegill ;) They have 4 or 5 hatcerys.

They keep detalied records, avalible to anyone who wants to read them. I was reading in the closest state fishing waters which are 3-10 Miles away depending on where I want to fish. They for exapmle released 10,441 Yearling Channel Catfish in the year 2003. Its a big lake, but it still gives me some insight. The money also pays for map creation of depths so you can do better fishing. It also surveys the species there and helps enforce a clean opperation. ;) I think that twenty bucks per person a year, is fine.

Upvote 0