United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Nonsense.

Romans 11:29

"The Gifts and Callings of God are without repentance"

= "without Repentance" means that God never takes them back.

And being born again, is not something you can undo..., as a birth is permanent.
Both on earth and spiritual.

You can't stop being born.......and you can't stop being born again.
Nonsense. God doesn't take them back-but He allows us to ignore them: grace is resistible IOW. God covets our participation-weak as it may be at first-for our highest good. He calls, He knocks- we may or may not open the door-and keep it open. We can die again just as Adam lived, and yet died the moment he sinned.

Upvote 0

Chaleb

Mar 10, 2023
Florida
✟4,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Nonsense. God doesn't take them back-

The born again are "in Christ"
The born again are "one with God"
The Born again are a "heir of God"
The Born again are "the temple of the Holy Spirit"
The Born again are "joint heirs with Jesus"
The born again are "seated in Heavenly places"
The Born again HAVE eternal life.

Heretics deny that Jesus said....>"i will never LEAVE YOU or forsake you"......and how could He, when Jesus is INSIDE THE BORN AGAIN, in spiritual union.
You can't undo that with a bad attitude or a faith crisis, or some behavior problem.

"Christ IN YOU the hope of Glory" can't be changed, as this is Spiritual Union with GOD Almighty.
It lasts as long as GOD LIVES.

There is a reason there is no verse in any bible that says you can be "un-born again".
Its because its not possible.
Salvation, is to be born into God's Spirit by the Holy Spirit.
Being Born again, will last as Long as GOD LIVES.
Thats a fact of Eternal Life.

Upvote 0

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟324,196.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The born again are "in Christ"
The born again are "one with God"
The Born again are a "heir of God"
The Born again are "the temple of the Holy Spirit"
The Born again are "joint heirs with Jesus"
The born again are "seated in Heavenly places"
The Born again HAVE eternal life.

Heretics deny that Jesus said....>"i will never LEAVE YOU or forsake you"......and how could He, when Jesus is INSIDE THE BORN AGAIN, in spiritual union.
You can't undo that with a bad attitude or a faith crisis, or some behavior problem.

"Christ IN YOU the hope of Glory" can't be changed, as this is Spiritual Union with GOD Almighty.

There is a reason there is no verse in any bible that says you can be "un-born again".
Its because its not possible.
Salvation, is to be born into God's Spirit by the Holy Spirit.
Being Born again, will last as Long as GOD LIVES.
Thats a fact of Eternal Life.
He tells us we must remain in Him and He in us-for a reason! And unless one simply universally decides to apply cherry-picked verses uniquely to themselves without regard to the specific audience intended by the writer, and buries their head in the sand regarding a multitude of verses that warn and admonish believers to be vigilant, persevere, obey the commandments, do good, put to death the deeds of the flesh, be holy etc, with eternal life at stake, then we're just engaging in self-serving ignorance. He's wholly trustworthy and true-while we're still the wildcard until He says otherwise-at the end. If our fruit is good we can have a strong level of assurance, never 100%-that's His province.

Upvote 0

Chaleb

Mar 10, 2023
Florida
✟4,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He tells us we must remain in Him

"In Him"

How did you get in there?
Did you get in there by Moses's Law?
Water baptism?

A magic trick?

In Him, means "IN CHRIST"......the 'HIM" is JESUS>......and the born again are 'IN HIM

"In"

"IN Christ".

"born again".....>"one with God". =. IN Him.

That's spiritual birth, fhansen.

Upvote 0

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟324,196.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
"In Him"

How did you get in there?
Did you get in there by Moses's Law?
Water baptism?

A magic trick?

In Him, means "IN CHRIST"......the 'HIM" is JESUS>......and the born again are 'IN HIM

"In"

"IN Christ".

"born again".....>"one with God". =. IN Him.

That's spiritual birth, fhansen.
As I said, He instructs us to remain IN HIM-for a reason! So that we may live! Otherwise we have no life in us!

Upvote 0

Chaleb

Mar 10, 2023
Florida
✟4,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As I said, He instructs us to remain IN HIM-

You stay "In Christ" the exact same way you entered.

= BORN AGAIN.

Does a person become "IN HIM" by works, water, or law and commandments, or trying to be like Jesus?

So, why are you tying to do that, when being IN JESUS...."in CHRIST" Is a Spiritual Birth. ?????

You have to think.

Upvote 0

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟324,196.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
You stay "In Christ" the exact same way you entered.

= BORN AGAIN.

Does a person become "IN HIM" by works, water, or law and commandments, or trying to be like Jesus?

So, why are you tying to do that, when being IN JESUS...."in CHRIST" Is a Spiritual Birth. ?????

You have to think.
Nope, once freely justified by faith, we're now children of God, enabled to and expected to walk as children of God. If we don't, then we don't know Him, and we won't see Him. Again, it's the whole bible, not part of it. Again, this injunction has not changed one bit under the new covenant, for the reborn:

"He has shown you, O mortal, what is good.
And what does the Lord require of you?
To act justly and to love mercy

and to walk humbly with your God." Micah 6:8

Nor has the obligation to obey the greatest commandments done away with. Again, grace is not a reprieve from the penalty of all sin-it's the verry means to overcome it, to accomplish the justice, the righteousness, the love, in us that the law could not.

Last edited:
Reactions: AbbaLove
Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟734,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Water can't save a dog., so it certainly can't wash away sin.
Avoid any water cult that teaches that Water is Salvation.

Here is something for you to consider., rtunrer76.

Water only touches the body, while your sin issue is inside you.
Its inside you that is the issue......that has to be dealt with by the DEATH of Jesus for your SIN.
Your SIN is inside you.

Also "the body is dead because of sin" so that water didn't even help that issue.
When you are baptized you are born again. as it says:

Acts 2:38 ESV​

And Peter said to them, “Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Acts 22:16 ESV​

And now why do you wait? Rise and be baptized and wash away your sins, calling on his name.’

1 Peter 3:21 ESV​

Baptism, which corresponds to this, now saves you, not as a removal of dirt from the body but as an appeal to God for a good conscience, through the resurrection of Jesus Christ,

John 3:5 ESV​

Jesus answered, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.

Mark 16:16

Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.

Matthew 28:19 ESV​

Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

The body is dead but made alive in Christ. Do you believe what the Bible teaches about baptism or not? Sounds like someone else is in a cult. I believe in mainstream Christianity where baptism washes away your sin and you enter into new life through the trinity. Do you read from some kind of alternate Bible? Help me understand how baptism has no effect on one's soul.

Upvote 0

Chaleb

Mar 10, 2023
Florida
✟4,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When you are baptized you are born again. as it says:

Acts 2:38 ESV​

And Peter said to them, “Repent and be baptized every one of you

First of all, all those who Peter is talking to, are Jews.
Not one gentile in the 3000.

Also, notice that Peter was not water baptized in Acts 2:38.
You didnt notice that, as people who are taught to believe what you believe about WATER, never realize it.
Notice it, and notice that none in the upper room were water baptized yet they all spoke with Tongues.

So, water, can't save a dog., or a cat.
The dying Thief on the Cross was not water baptized, and he's in Heaven.

The "baptism in the SPIRIT" is God's Holy Spirit causing the regeneration of a person's spirit, = Born again.

No water required.

Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟734,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
First of all, all those who Peter is talking to, are Jews.
Not one gentile in the 3000.

Also, notice that Peter was not water baptized in Acts 2:38.
You didnt notice that, as people who are taught to believe what you believe about WATER, never realize it.
Notice it, and notice that none in the upper room were water baptized yet they all spoke with Tongues.

So, water, can't save a dog., or a cat.
The dying Thief on the Cross was not water baptized, and he's in Heaven.

The "baptism in the SPIRIT" is God's Holy Spirit causing the regeneration of a person's spirit, = Born again.

No water required.

Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

Romans 6:4 ESV​

We were buried therefore with him by baptism into death, in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, we too might walk in newness of life.

Matthew 28:18-20 ESV​

And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”

Colossians 2:12 ESV​

Having been buried with him in baptism, in which you were also raised with him through faith in the powerful working of God, who raised him from the dead.

Acts 2:41 ESV​

So those who received his word were baptized, and there were added that day about three thousand souls.

Romans 6:3 ESV​

Do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death?

Acts 10:47 ESV​

“Can anyone withhold water for baptizing these people, who have received the Holy Spirit just as we have?”

Matthew 28:19-20 ESV​

Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”

Acts 10:48 ESV / 877 helpful votes​

And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ. Then they asked him to remain for some days.

Acts 8:38 ESV​

And he commanded the chariot to stop, and they both went down into the water, Philip and the eunuch, and he baptized him.

Acts 18:8 ESV​

Crispus, the ruler of the synagogue, believed in the Lord, together with his entire household. And many of the Corinthians hearing Paul believed and were baptized.

Matthew 3:16 ESV​

And when Jesus was baptized, immediately he went up from the water, and behold, the heavens were opened to him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and coming to rest on him;

Luke 3:21-22 ESV​

Now when all the people were baptized, and when Jesus also had been baptized and was praying, the heavens were opened, and the Holy Spirit descended on him in bodily form, like a dove; and a voice came from heaven, “You are my beloved Son; with you I am well pleased.”

Ephesians 4:5 ESV​

One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

Acts 8:12 ESV​

But when they believed Philip as he preached good news about the kingdom of God and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.

Acts 8:36-39 ESV​

And as they were going along the road they came to some water, and the eunuch said, “See, here is water! What prevents me from being baptized?” And he commanded the chariot to stop, and they both went down into the water, Philip and the eunuch, and he baptized him. And when they came up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord carried Philip away, and the eunuch saw him no more, and went on his way rejoicing

Jesus didn't command us to baptize. See the first verse in this post. As for the thief on the cross, Jesus is the sovereign lord and can save whomever he wishes. He still commands us to baptize believers. Baptism is required if you want to call yourself a Christian. It is a commandment of Jesus Christ that we are baptized is that not true? Finding a situation where one person wasn't baptized and still was saved does not negate the sacrament of baptism. That is something some churches made up. I would recommend that you learn about the teachings of the old church instead of these modern forms of the faith.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Chaleb

Mar 10, 2023
Florida
✟4,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Go therefore and make disciples of all nations,
One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

There is a difference between teaching a disciple, and teaching someone who is born again.
Jesus made disciples, who were not born again.
A disciple, keeps Jesus's words, Jesus said........but a Born again Christian, has been given a new birth, in the Spirit, that results in a "new creation" in Christ."""

Also "one Lord, one Faith, one Baptism".

Yet there are a few "baptisms" in the Bible......not just one.

The ONE that reflects Salvation.....is this.......God's Holy Spirit births the spirit in a human = INTO God.....as a """born again new creation in Christ"
That is not water doing that, so dont be deceived by a "water cult".

And, Paul said...>"Christ sent me not to water baptize", and Paul wrote most of the NT epistles, and Paul told you to "be a follower of ME, as i follow Christ".

Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟734,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
The ONE that reflects Salvation.....is this.......God's Holy Spirit births the spirit in a human = INTO God.....as a """born again new creation in Christ"
That is not water doing that, so dont be deceived by a "water cult".
I think by "water cult" you mean mainstream Christianity. I don't know what cult you are a part of but baptism is a command of Jesus Christ do you deny this?

Upvote 0