Columbus
✟81,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This is, in my mind the biggest miracle that God has ever done for me. He sent an Angel to my garage sale and he over paid me to help me.

This is when I was still living in Colorado Springs CO, and I had a 4 BR house for 1000 a month. I've been self employed as a Mechanical Contractor (HVAC) since 1994. Back in the mid 90's I was doing great but the economy has been doing the big slide downhill and I found myself with less and less work, until I was 2 months behind in rent, plus, I had a utility shut off notice for Monday, for 300 dollars. This was Saturday. I had a 1-1/2 car detached garage and so was trying to make extra money by selling off all the household goods that a single man don't really care about having. But when my Wife left after 26 years...she took the gold & cash and god SUV and left. So I built two 4 X 8 tables out of plywood and set up in the garage for a garage sale. I had been doing this for a few weeks and on sunny weekends, I'd throw an ad on Craigslist and sit in the driveway on a couch, to sell the junk off, ya' know? Now you know how garage sales are...they don't pay the rent, lol. But it kept me fed sorta and in cigarettes, lol.

One Saturday I'm out doing the garage sale thing, and my landlord pulls up. He had my walking papers. He said Ed, I like you but I have bills too so I have to get someone in here that can pay consistently. I had been behind before some here and there, but then catch it up when a nice job comes in. I guess 2 grand was his limit. He gave me my 3 day notice and said goodbye and left. I sunk back down into the couch very discouraged. I prayed to the Lord for some help. After praying it was about dusk so I went ahead and closed it up and went back into the house. As soon as I went downstairs to my family room where my computer is and sat down, the phone rang. A man said he seen my ad on CL but could he come by after he got off work in about an hour and a half to look at my garage sale? I of course said yes. And He showed up exactly on time.

We walked out to the garage and I opened it up, and as soon as I stepped inside, He said to me, How much do you need? Now I went (tilt) because that's an odd question, so I ignored it and went into salesman mode and began telling Him about the stuff. I walked to a table, picked something up and talked about it...He didn't even look at it. He said again, how much do you need? (Tilt!). I began talking about other things and didn't answer His question. (What do you say to something like that?!). I was expectig Him to begin looking at my merchandise, but He didn't seem really all that interested. I forget what I picked up but I did and said blah blah blah, and handed it to him for him to check it out, and he took it and gave it a quick sideways glance and set it down and said, how much do you need?

And I still wasn't putting two and two together! So I ignored the question and began talking about other stuff. I handed him a couple different things but he set them back down so fast that I didn't think he was interested in the type of stuff that I had. He said again, how much do you need? (Tilt). I looked at him...and didn't get it! So he says, well how about 1900 for everything on that table over there? ...(Tilt!)

Now that is not how a garage sale goes. They just don't. So I couldn't answer Him. My head was spinning at this point. I looked down at the floor...then He says, well how about 2400 then? (Now I knew This was a joke, and I did want to hear the punch line, so I looked at Him and said, sure, sounds fine.
and the punch line was...he pulled out a stack of 100 dollar bills big enough to choke a horse and counted me out 24 of them! Now I began thinking that maybe He was some kind of dealer, a flea market guy wanting to stock up or something? (I hadn't yet remembered that I had payed for help!). But He paid me, so I asked if He would like some help loading it up into his pickup. He said, yes thank you. So I got some cardboard boxes and we bagan boxing stuff up. Then He reaches over and takes somethng out of the box that I had just put into it, and says, oh you can keep that I wont need it..that too, this too...(Tilt!) He wound up leaving about 25% of the stuff on the table that He had just paid me for! Not just the cheapest junkiest stuff, just random stuff. Some of it nice, my Wife loved to spend money.

I took a real close look at him to see if he was the type with more cash than brains...or what? He was well groomed, fit, well spoken, and drove a nicer pickup truck. Nope, He wasn't that type. My head was spinning. We finished loding up, shook hands, he smiled real big, and then drove off...I closed up the garage and went back into the house and as I was going back down the basement stairs and was feeling the wad of cash in my pocket...I said, Praise the Lord!...and then it hit me...that was an Angel come to answer my prayer!

Then I thought about my bills...2400...2 grand for the back rent...300 for the utilities, and a hundred bucks extra for groceries! Bam! Within 2 hours of praying for help. Then it all made very perfect sense to me. I needed help and prayed, He came, why He kept asking me how much I needed, all of it. There is no other answer to explain what happened. Garage salers do not come talk the price up! They talk it down, right? Right. I sat down and lost it...I cried and thanked the Lord and thanked the Lord and praised Him...!!!

Then I felt stupid for not realizing it was an Angel come to help when He was here! Entertaining Angels unawares...the Grace of the Lord...you have not because ye ask not...I knew all that! Why couldn't I see it when He was there?! I had so many questions I could have asked Him, lol! That was absolutely awesome. Praise the Lord!

The Angel had to be restraing my possible identification of him as an Angel until after he left. Probably because he knew that I would start asking a lot of dumb questions, lol!

Divide

Apr 19, 2017
Columbus
✟81,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If it is a dealer they try to get it as cheap as they can and sell for as much as they can within reason.

That's what I thought too. He was spending way too much on obviously not any return so there was no other explaination which fit besides he was sent to help me. No wonder he kept asking how much do you need?!

Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,109.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
That's what I thought too. He was spending way too much on obviously not any return so there was no other explaination which fit besides he was sent to help me. No wonder he kept asking how much do you need?!
That does not make him an angel. Ecclesiastes 2:26 "For God gives wisdom and knowledge and joy to a man who is good in His sight; but to the sinner He gives the work of gathering and collecting, that he may give to him who is good before God. This also is vanity and grasping for the wind."

Upvote 0

Divide

Apr 19, 2017
Columbus
✟81,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That does not make him an angel. Ecclesiastes 2:26 "For God gives wisdom and knowledge and joy to a man who is good in His sight; but to the sinner He gives the work of gathering and collecting, that he may give to him who is good before God. This also is vanity and grasping for the wind."

You don't have to believe it if you don't want to.

You seem to be inferring that I am not a good man so God would not help me in this way. I can't sit here and say I am a good man because all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. But you make me wonder, do you look at my spirit or my canal self and my flesh? If it is my flesh then I would have to agree with you! Because the flesh can not even receive the things of God. But if you were to look inwardly to me and my spirit, you would see what God sees. God looks at man's heart and spirit and so in that way...I am the righteousness of God in Christ.

Every time the Lord helps an unperfected Believer, He gives them a confirmation that this was from God, and I got my confirmation too. I wont bore you with the details of that because you probably wouldn't believe it anyway and I posted for people's encouragment. Those who have eyes to see and ears to hear. And you seem to be unbeleiving of my testimony now and...and seeking to discourage me? Ok you can't do that and I don't care if you believe it or not. So what could I say?

I have prolly near 20 other good testimonies of supernatural events happening in my life done by the Lord. A couple of them have witnesses which can attest to what happened. Would you like to hear another one? Two?

Ten?! How about I tell you about the day that the Lord God Almighty, Creator of the universe...had delivered to my house 2 pounds of gormet coffee?!

I know that sounds Insane! It is absolutely Twilight Zone! But it happened. That one was actually a dual miracle. I had prayed for something and He gave it to me.

Why would you think that God would answer a pions prayer? Come on, I am nobody! I'm not an evangelist, I'm not Billy Graham, nor Paul or Moses. I am nobody. I write no books sell no CD's or videos. I don't even ask for any donations! I. Am. Nobody.

But the answer is easy Roman 8:25 and James 4:1-3

I ask a lot. Perhaps you do not ask for anything or much? If you want to see God move in your life in a supernatural way then ask for Him too. That's all this nobody ever did.

I'll go write up the testimony that I spoke of in this thread for you.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,109.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
You seem to be inferring that I am not a good man so God would not help me in this way.
I never suggested that at all, so I have no idea why you would accuse me of that sort of negativity. Perhaps you need a deeper understanding of the meaning of the scripture I quoted.

Upvote 0

Divide

Apr 19, 2017
Columbus
✟81,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I never suggested that at all, so I have no idea why you would accuse me of that sort of negativity. Perhaps you need a deeper understanding of the meaning of the scripture I quoted.

Oh I'm sorry that I misunderstood you. Could you expound a bit on it to be more clear?

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,109.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Could you expound a bit on it to be more clear?
You suggested that God sends angels to help us. But we ALSO need to consider that God can use sinners to accomplish His purpose. We see this in Proverbs 13:22 "a sinner’s wealth is stored up for the righteous."

Upvote 0

Divide

Apr 19, 2017
Columbus
✟81,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You suggested that God sends angels to help us. But we ALSO need to consider that God can use sinners to accomplish His purpose. We see this in Proverbs 13:22 "a sinner’s wealth is stored up for the righteous."

Oh I agree with you on that. He sure has used sinners. He used an unbelieving sinner to bring me some coffee and I'm pretty sure it was from his own shelf! But I don't believe that the Angel at my garage sale was some sinful man.

Believers and unbelievers of the earth don't talk the way this man did. They just don't.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟608,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God can easily send an ordinary human servant of Christ to help someone. Just because someone helps us out in a special insightful way, doesn't mean they're a spirit being from haven who took on a bodily form. Not that that doesn't happen.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Divide

Apr 19, 2017
Columbus
✟81,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God can easily send an ordinary human servant of Christ to help someone. Just because someone helps us out in a special insightful way, doesn't mean they're a spirit being from haven who took on a bodily form. Not that that doesn't happen.

Yes I know that and have heard tesimonies to that very thing. But those people when they are being used by God, they don't now what they are doing (per testimonies I've heard).

And this guy knew what was up. He was on a mission. How much do you need? he said...And I had no clue what he meant so I went off on a tangent in another direction. Garage salers don't go around asking how much do you need, or talk their own price up. They just don't. This was something else. And I had the realization after he left that, I had just prayed for help within the last two hours and now I had everything I needed. Yes, he was an Angel sent by God.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,109.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Believers and unbelievers of the earth don't talk the way this man did. They just don't.
I can tell you lots of stories of dreams and visions I have had. God always seems to provide for our needs and, usually, He provides for us in a way that we know He is our provider. One thing is for sure, He does not ever disappoint us. It is not easy to have faith and believe, but He does come through for us.

Reactions: Divide
Upvote 0

Divide

Apr 19, 2017
Columbus
✟81,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I can tell you lots of stories of dreams and visions I have had. God always seems to provide for our needs and, usually, He provides for us in a way that we know He is our provider. One thing is for sure, He does not ever disappoint us. It is not easy to have faith and believe, but He does come through for us.

You know, I noticed that a long time ago! Things have a way of working out. I've been 2 grand behind in rent, had numerous utility shut off notices in my lifetime but the lights never really get shut down. I or my family never missed a meal. Things get tight at times, but something happens and things change a wee bit and everything is ok. From what I can tell and have heard it's really only mostly drugg addicts that get shut down. But I prayed for help from God instead of doing crime like many people choose to do. And God came through for me! It's been so many times that I can see a pattern of Him helping me. It goes like this, last minute never late!

He loves to see us endure and hold our faith unto the end! He has never left me hanging when I come to Him for help. He has: Saved my life in an auto accident, Saved me from going to jail when 3 police cars were looking for me, saved my son from being arrested while on our way to work for unpaid traffic fines, Overpaid me at my garage sale to help me with the money I needed, He let me have a free new HWH one time after He knew that I had just spent the money to replace it, ...and on and on. Each one of those a testimony and I havent listed all of them by far yet. That's just some.

Let's just say that I am a living testimony that the Lord Does reward Obedience! And the Tithing promise also, I tested that, I can not say it didn't work. It did work, instant blessings! I wondered if I could afford to Tithe every week? I learned that you can not, not afford to Tithe! And that's all about helping the poor like scripture says to, the ones on the street with signs and stuff, panhandling. Good deeds to others who need it brings blessings right back to you in your life. I pay my tithes to the poor on the street. Saves them from having to go find their way somewhere and be interviewed first before getting some help, cut out all the red tape for the ones who really need it.

They used to say oh don't he'll prolly just buy booze with it, and I reason that to be a poor excuse, because these people are human beings which need to eat every day just like you. And it's not my business what he spends the money on. If he buys booze, it was his choice not to eat. But maybe I caught him at just the right time when he was very very hungry. It's time to eat! And you can't eat for 5 bucks anymore!

Upvote 0

Divide

Apr 19, 2017
Columbus
✟81,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I can tell you lots of stories of dreams and visions I have had.

I would like to hear some of them. That sounds cool.

I have never had any visions. Just dreams and I heard the audible voice of God one time. When Jesus walks into the room and speaks (I didn't see Him) He brings some of the glory of Heaven with Him and it was almost overwhelming!

But you first ok?

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,109.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I would like to hear some of them. That sounds cool.
It is safe to talk about dreams. I had a very vivid dream about my daughter in Heaven. There are a lot of details so I can only talk about parts of it at one time. For example, there were two angels. One was very educated and sitting on a bar stool at a table reading a book. I just thought he was very educated, but later on I found out that he was reading the book that David talks about in Psalm 130 14-16. My daughter never made it to the womb, but at conception, she had her gifts, talents, and abilities. So we need to use what we have to bring praise, honor, and glory to God. Both of the angels were sitting and I think that is because they are 7 feet tall and they did not want to appear to be taller than me. The height has to do with the garments we are wearing, so to be 7 feet tall we need to have an attitude of praise toward God. We must be wearing our garments for the throne of God.

The other angel was a big Shrek sort of guy. He always watched my daughter and never took his eyes off her. She was playing in a little pool that seemed more earthlike than heavenly. Must have been some symbolism there. She had lots of gifts that were still new in the box. Somewhere between 40 and 60 of them. I asked about that and was told that her relatives come to visit with her and they leave a gift so she can remember them. So she does not take the gifts out of the box. She wants to keep them in brand-new condition. There were other things, but this is most of what I saw in that dream.

Reactions: Divide
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Divide

Apr 19, 2017
Columbus
✟81,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It is safe to talk about dreams. I had a very vivid dream about my daughter in Heaven. There are a lot of details so I can only talk about parts of it at one time. For example, there were two angels. One was very educated and sitting on a bar stool at a table reading a book. I just thought he was very educated, but later on I found out that he was reading the book that David talks about in Psalm 130 14-16. My daughter never made it to the womb, but at conception, she had her gifts, talents, and abilities. So we need to use what we have to bring praise, honor, and glory to God. Both of the angels were sitting and I think that is because they are 7 feet tall and they did not want to appear to be taller than me. The height has to do with the garments we are wearing, so to be 7 feet tall we need to have an attitude of praise toward God. We must be wearing our garments for the throne of God.

The other angel was a big Shrek sort of guy. He always watched my daughter and never took his eyes off her. She was playing in a little pool that seemed more earthlike than heavenly. Must have been some symbolism there. She had lots of gifts that were still new in the box. Somewhere between 40 and 60 of them. I asked about that and was told that her relatives come to visit with her and they leave a gift so she can remember them. So she does not take the gifts out of the box. She wants to keep them in brand-new condition. There were other things, but this is most of what I saw in that dream.

Wow, that's deep Brother. I wish I knew how to interpret dreams. I watch John Paul Jackson's show, Dreams and Mysterys sometimes. They say that there is a lot of symbolism going on in dreams and therein is the interpretation. I've had a lot of spiritual type dreams and I have had a few of them interpreted. That was on some website that does interpretaions but I can't remember what it's called.

I used to have a lot of flying dreams. And it was weird because when they first started I would have to run and jump into the wind to get airborne and then be careful to try to keep my altitude by flying like a glider, on the thermal updrafts and ridge running. And then I dreamed I could take off like Superman with a little jump. And eventually in my dreams I could just take off like Neo in the Matrix, straight up. Those were all very cool dreams. I think I was told that flying dreams always mean the Holy Spirit? So how high did I go? I suppose. I even dreamed that I was a flight (flying) instructor to a group of Christians! And I would try to lose them to make them try to keep up, lol.

My condolences on the passing of your daughter. Your dream might have been a dream to comfort you about her? She is ok and waiting on you. You will see her again Brother!

Upvote 0

Divide

Apr 19, 2017
Columbus
✟81,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Geez, how could I forget? During the years of all those flying dreams, in some of them, Jesus Himself was teaching me how to fly. He was wearing white beach pants and some polo shirt I think and he would hold onto my ankles and fly underneath me and guide me at first and talk to me and teach me while we were flying around. And He was teaching me how to land on people roof's without disturbing the occuoants inside, lol!

That's several years of dreams summarized.

You have any more that you would like to share?

Upvote 0